[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][microG][root][OTA][WireGuard][enchilada][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

SnarfSnarf

Jul 26, 2011
The first thing after installing was to launch f-doid and install adaway. I get error-> Not enough space on the partition

Edit: The hosts file is /system/system/etc/hosts
I went into twrp, mounted /system, then used adb to remove the host file and put in a link
rm -rf /system/system/etc/hosts
ln -s /data/hosts /system/system/etc/hosts

Not sure if I needed to do, maybe try first to put the custom location in adaway as: /system/system/etc/hosts edit: When system is running its : /system/etc/hosts
Anyway its all good now, if anyone else runs into the same.

Last edited:

Fadhatter

Mar 29, 2019
I had the same issue with adaway but couldn't resolve it.

Also, my dialer, contacts, and email all freeze and then crash about 10sec after opening them. Unsure what the cause is.

sp0979

Jul 20, 2013
I've been using CM / Lineage since many years on various devices. And I've noticed, battery backup is far better than stock roms.

However, for OP 6, I've heard from many that battery backup is better in stock than LOS. Where I strongly feel it should be better in LOS. Can anyone confirm?

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I've been looking to shift to Microg roms. However, I'm concerned about my Contacts and Calender sync as I use multiple devices and pcs. So would like to know the platform to use email in multiple devices with contact sync.

SnarfSnarf

Jul 26, 2011
I've been using CM / Lineage since many years on various devices. And I've noticed, battery backup is far better than stock roms.

However, for OP 6, I've heard from many that battery backup is better in stock than LOS. Where I strongly feel it should be better in LOS. Can anyone confirm?

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I've been looking to shift to Microg roms. However, I'm concerned about my Contacts and Calender sync as I use multiple devices and pcs. So would like to know the platform to use email in multiple devices with contact sync.

I think battery life is similar but maybe a glitch with battery optimization? I have one app that gets gps and uploads it to my server every hour, yet it consumes the most battery according to lineage. The app is PhoneTrack (nextcloud). Not sure if its the app or lineage issue. When I was using OOS9 it used very little battery. Also I get tons of ads because I don't know how to mount the /system to rw. Tried a few things already but no luck it seems. I mounted it RW in TWRP, manually edited hosts, and also tried using a link to the data partition. Adaway still does not work.
Linage will be my daily driver for the future. Tired of Googles tentacles. A couple force closes (linphone & ZimLX (freezes)) once in a while for me as well. Everything else is sweet. Thank you OP

Reactions: sp0979

sp0979

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for quick & detailed response.

I think Privacy Guard (Keep awake & Run in background) should help in saving battery. And I will try to find the reason for battery drain in LOs.

Yes me too trying to find work around for adaway to work.

I will start experimenting things once I have a stand by phone. Which will be soon.

opurefandeigh

Apr 6, 2019
Made this account for two reasons.

1. Thanks so much for making this ROM, OP. It is perfect in every way and works flawlessly. I've been using it since mid February and everything just works. Even official LineageOS updates work. However, updating this way will remove TWRP, so you've got to fastboot using a twrp.img then reflash... No biggie.

2. For people trying to figure out how to get AdAway to work, I found that if you flash Magisk via TWRP and then set the app to manage root, it'll work that way. I found the problem is, is that the built-in root doesn't seem to allow you to write to the specified system folder(s) needed for AdAway. Magisk will let you do this.

Anyways, keep up the good work, OP.

Rakor

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks!

Thanks for the work OP!
Have been using this for a while now (clean install from Stock - A6003) and it's working great for daily use. :D

Magisk 18.1 is working.
EdXposed is working as a framework (but downloads seem to crash the app - weirdly enough downloading from aurora store also crashes the aurora store. Not sure if related?) --> https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/guide-edxposed-xposed-framework-android-t3912255
Can confirm that GravityBox works on this ROM as well --> https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v9-0-0-beta-1-android-9-t3908768
GPlay is working as well ->
- download original GPlay apk from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apk-google-play-store-8-7-50-t3742256
- Delete system/priv-app/fakestore/fakestore.apk
- place com.android.vending_v14.3.20-all.com.apk into the same directory
- change permissions to 0644
- re-start phone =D

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to implement GPlay yet (some apps like LinkedIn or AirBnb seem to continue crashing if not installed directly from the play store)
Flashing the NanoDroid package (https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928) over the original install works to enable play store (after causing a bootloop and having to re-install the LOS16 and magisk again - nanodroid then remains in the system though and can be used).
Nanodroid causes GCM not to work anymore. So the microG app continues to crash and doesn't register properly (similar to the problem described here: https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/740)

my little contribution to the day =)

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

This is exactly what I've been waiting for. One question though before I flash it, how is the battery life?

Battery life is great imo :D
Can use the phone the whole day without any problem and still got some juice left in the evening

Last edited:

alexica

Apr 19, 2019
Does the face unlock works on this build?
Thanks!

LE: No, it does not.
Thanks for the ROM and instructions. Just getting used to it, might stay as a day to day use

Last edited:

getthiswork2

May 9, 2019
Hi,
Thanks alot for this ROM.
I'm making daily use of it since few weeks.
For now, the most annoying is the blurry photos. The picture appears clear on screen, focus is done, but the picture is taken blurry.
Once i reboot the phone, the photos are OK, but after some short time they get blurry again.
Any idea ?

aeonius

Apr 21, 2013
I'd like to also let you know I am enjoying your build tremendously! It is by far the best ROM I've ever installed. Rock stable and Google free? What more could you ask for?

The only thing not working properly is the camera, I have the same blurriness issue as mentioned above. I installed a different camera app, which worked fine, so no problem.

Thanks again for all your work. I hope you keep it maintained!

Last edited:

Rakor

Oct 10, 2016
Hi all
Is it just me or has the LOS build of the 10th May not been rolled out yet with this ROM?

Hope you're doing well OP and thanks again for this great ROM :D

SnarfSnarf

Jul 26, 2011
After installing the blu_spark kernel on this ROM with default configs, battery life has improved greatly for me.

I followed your lead and did the same. I too have noticed improvement as well. This is rom is a keeper, going to be using it for the future of the device. I don't have blurry photos or any issues either.

AndroidBolder

Jan 30, 2019
Hey all,

While cleaning up my PC I managed to accidentally remove a file that is critical for the virtual machine file system. I have therefore lost my build script and signing keys. Big oof. On the positive side, it looks like the microG team has updated their cicd-docker build and I won't have to use my own custom hacky buildscript anymore. Sadly, because I lost my signing keys I will either have to create an unsigned migration build or a migration zip file. Will take a look at it sometime soon when I have time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This build includes microG, a free and open implementation of the Google Play Services Framework. It allows applications calling proprietary Google APIs to run on AOSP-based ROMs like Replicant and LineageOS. Acting as a replacement for the closed-source Google Apps (GAPPS), it is a powerful tool to reclaim your privacy while enjoying Android core features such as Google Cloud Messaging.

It also includes WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel for the Linux kernel, with modern yet conservative cryptography and simple design principles. It is meant as a replacement for OpenVPN and for IPsec, and generally has better performance and security characteristics than both. It also is much easier to use. The whitepaper was peer reviewed for NDSS17 and the protocol itself has been formally verified. Since it lives in the kernel, it not only is very fast, but it is able to integrate in clever ways that are quite nice for battery life and overall smoothness. There are already commercial VPN providers offering services using WireGuard, and it is very easy to run your own WireGuard servers as well.

I probably won't do other types of builds unless somebody has a really terrific suggestion. These builds exists for my own convenience and I thought I'd share it with the XDA community where I've been lurking and leeching for years.

Features
    • Embedded root (can be enabled in Developer Settings)
    • Restricted (system-only) signature spoofing
    • microG (FakeStore, GmsCore, GsfProxy, legacy mapsv1 implementation)
    • Mozilla Location Services + Nominatim for network-based location
    • FDroid (+Privileged Extension)
    • WireGuard-enabled LineageOS kernel
    • Monthly automagical OTA updates (signed builds, https)

Reporting Bugs
    I just build using the latest official LineageOS (also see this thread), wireguard patch, TheMuppets proprietary files and microG prebuilts. Report any "regular" bugs to those threads and/or Git pages unless you're sure the problem is unique to these builds.

Initial installation
    NOTE: TWRP gets replaced by the stock recovery every time you install a ROM zip. Either use fastboot to boot TWRP or flash the TWRP zip file every time after you flash a ROM zip.
    OnePlus firmware must be installed on your device on both A/B slots. Hence the instructions below tell you to flash OxygenOS twice.
    1. Wipe system, data and cache.
    2. Flash latest OxygenOS using TWRP.
    3. Reboot to TWRP
    4. Flash OxygenOS again using TWRP.
    5. Reboot to TWRP
    6. Flash the newest build using TWRP.
    7. Reboot to TWRP.
    8. Flash the newest build using TWRP again.
    9. Reboot and enjoy!
    OTA Updates
    For OTA updates, use the built-in Updater app. Everything should JustWork(TM) without any TWRP/recovery magic.

Downloads
    https://lineage.darwinkel.net/builds/full
    Delta/partial updates are not supported.

I recommend Aurora Store if you want to download and install apps from Google Play.
    Hey all,

While cleaning up my PC I managed to accidentally remove a file that is critical for the virtual machine file system. I have therefore lost my build script and signing keys. Big oof. On the positive side, it looks like the microG team has updated their cicd-docker build and I won't have to use my own custom hacky buildscript anymore. Sadly, because I lost my signing keys I will either have to create an unsigned migration build or a migration zip file. Will take a look at it sometime soon when I have time.
    Well guys, take a look here: https://download.lineage.microg.org/enchilada/

Looks like official support.
    Hey all, am still alive. It's been a while since I last checked the XDA forums (turned off email notifications). I try to do monthly builds that include the respective security patches.
    Is battery life comparable to stock?

After installing the blu_spark kernel on this ROM with default configs, battery life has improved greatly for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone