[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][microG][root][OTA][WireGuard][enchilada][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

ojz0r

Oct 6, 2013
Is there an easy way to go to this microg LOS comming from official LOS? Like a dirty flash or do we need a clean install with OOS?

sp0979

Jul 20, 2013
Is there an easy way to go to this microg LOS comming from official LOS? Like a dirty flash or do we need a clean install with OOS?
Clean install is always recommended. As anyways, micro g is specially for google free system. So you will have to go for clean install.

vindipi

Mar 29, 2016
Obsolete Rom !!!

Obsolete Rom !!!
You must immediately update to Android 10, in fact Android 11 will arrive next month.
It is therefore obvious that you do not find anything related to Android 9.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
The 1st release of LOS for microG 17.1 is now available for the OP6! :good:

OTA update is not possible (as expected), and instead of the "Download" link it shows an "Info" link leading to the official LOS upgrade guide for major versions using adb sideload.

I have TWRP installed, so what's the exact procedure to upgrade from LOS for microG 16 to LOS for microG 17.1 using TWRP?

Reactions: WoodenMind

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This build includes microG, a free and open implementation of the Google Play Services Framework. It allows applications calling proprietary Google APIs to run on AOSP-based ROMs like Replicant and LineageOS. Acting as a replacement for the closed-source Google Apps (GAPPS), it is a powerful tool to reclaim your privacy while enjoying Android core features such as Google Cloud Messaging.

It also includes WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel for the Linux kernel, with modern yet conservative cryptography and simple design principles. It is meant as a replacement for OpenVPN and for IPsec, and generally has better performance and security characteristics than both. It also is much easier to use. The whitepaper was peer reviewed for NDSS17 and the protocol itself has been formally verified. Since it lives in the kernel, it not only is very fast, but it is able to integrate in clever ways that are quite nice for battery life and overall smoothness. There are already commercial VPN providers offering services using WireGuard, and it is very easy to run your own WireGuard servers as well.

I probably won't do other types of builds unless somebody has a really terrific suggestion. These builds exists for my own convenience and I thought I'd share it with the XDA community where I've been lurking and leeching for years.

Features
    • Embedded root (can be enabled in Developer Settings)
    • Restricted (system-only) signature spoofing
    • microG (FakeStore, GmsCore, GsfProxy, legacy mapsv1 implementation)
    • Mozilla Location Services + Nominatim for network-based location
    • FDroid (+Privileged Extension)
    • WireGuard-enabled LineageOS kernel
    • Monthly automagical OTA updates (signed builds, https)

Reporting Bugs
    I just build using the latest official LineageOS (also see this thread), wireguard patch, TheMuppets proprietary files and microG prebuilts. Report any "regular" bugs to those threads and/or Git pages unless you're sure the problem is unique to these builds.

Initial installation
    NOTE: TWRP gets replaced by the stock recovery every time you install a ROM zip. Either use fastboot to boot TWRP or flash the TWRP zip file every time after you flash a ROM zip.
    OnePlus firmware must be installed on your device on both A/B slots. Hence the instructions below tell you to flash OxygenOS twice.
    1. Wipe system, data and cache.
    2. Flash latest OxygenOS using TWRP.
    3. Reboot to TWRP
    4. Flash OxygenOS again using TWRP.
    5. Reboot to TWRP
    6. Flash the newest build using TWRP.
    7. Reboot to TWRP.
    8. Flash the newest build using TWRP again.
    9. Reboot and enjoy!
    OTA Updates
    For OTA updates, use the built-in Updater app. Everything should JustWork(TM) without any TWRP/recovery magic.

Downloads
    https://lineage.darwinkel.net/builds/full
    Delta/partial updates are not supported.

I recommend Aurora Store if you want to download and install apps from Google Play.
    Hey all,

While cleaning up my PC I managed to accidentally remove a file that is critical for the virtual machine file system. I have therefore lost my build script and signing keys. Big oof. On the positive side, it looks like the microG team has updated their cicd-docker build and I won't have to use my own custom hacky buildscript anymore. Sadly, because I lost my signing keys I will either have to create an unsigned migration build or a migration zip file. Will take a look at it sometime soon when I have time.
    Well guys, take a look here: https://download.lineage.microg.org/enchilada/

Looks like official support.
    Hey all, am still alive. It's been a while since I last checked the XDA forums (turned off email notifications). I try to do monthly builds that include the respective security patches.
    Is battery life comparable to stock?

After installing the blu_spark kernel on this ROM with default configs, battery life has improved greatly for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone