[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][mido][10] LineageOS 17.0

Search This thread

leszq

Oct 31, 2012
So making a backup of boot, system, data is enough right?
But I may still need to make backup of apps and app data separately.

Yea, it should be enough. And use Titanium Backup to backup your apps and system settings (like wifi, SMS, call log etc), just to make sure, because recovery sometimes fails when restoring /data.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackWhale2108

Iye Vice

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
So making a backup of boot, system, data is enough right?
But I may still need to make backup of apps and app data separately.
Yes. Moreover, last OF betas don't have the option of backing up internal storage. If you data is THAT important - sure, back it up via Titanium Backup or in any other convenient way.

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs

BlackWhale2108

Nov 14, 2018
Delhi
Yes. Moreover, last OF betas don't have the option of backing up internal storage. If you data is THAT important - sure, back it up via Titanium Backup or in any other convenient way.
The version of OrangeFox that I am using, does have the option to backup internal storage, but I don't know how much I can trust that, so I'll be backing up that by some other method.

But now I am thinking, why make a back up of anything at all in the first place, if I have to install all the apps again, I might just as well clean flash the ROM, it doesn't make any difference.

I might have to do the initial setup again, which wasn't the concern, I wanted to skip the hassle of installing all the apps again which I think is not possible with the recovery, right?

(I will still make a backup of apps via Titanium backup or Swift backup, but I don't see the point of making a backup of anything from the recovery, please explain if I am missing something here)

Reactions: Iye Vice

01halil

Jul 27, 2014
so far everything works fine.found it very fast and series.The only problem I came across.fingerprint phone does not recognize and doesn't respond

Redmi Note 4 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

mixnfxxx

Oct 20, 2017
so far everything works fine.found it very fast and series.The only problem I came across.fingerprint phone does not recognize and doesn't respond

its a known bug in alpha q roms. especially if youre having a goodix fp.

01halil

Jul 27, 2014
its a known bug in alpha q roms. especially if youre having a goodix fp.
Okay got it thank you.I can accept this situation but facial recognition is not activated or I could not.And annoying that both features are inactive

Last edited:

k3yp3r

Jun 7, 2010
Thanks for your awesome work with LineageOS 17.0 for mido.

Unfortunally it is not for productive usage until now, there are too many bugs.
Pin-Screen and notification bar are starting to lag after a few hours powered on until next reboot.
Swipe to unlock is very uncomfortable, mostly I need more then 3 tries to unlock it.
LTE in the german vodafone (D2) network is really really bad. In locations where I had best LTE quality with LineageOS 15.1 (official) there is now almost nothing and only emergency calls are possible.
Mobile music streaming via spotify is almost impossible, the playback stops everytime after a few seconds.
Akku drain was very good, but not as good as LaOS 15.1. I did not install gapps (never!).
I knew it before installation: I miss the fingerprint very badly.

Nevertheless the rest of the system is working flawly, I was a bit afraid to test the encryption until now, but I'm going to change the ROM this weekend, it's unusable for me until now.

Keep on your great work!

Last edited:

hemant9

May 2, 2015
how can enable gesture on android 10. gesture back is not working on android 10
Just turn these on
Also dont forget to enable Onscreen Nav-bar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-054755_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191124-054755_Settings.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 2,222
  • Screenshot_20191124-053856_Android_System.png
    Screenshot_20191124-053856_Android_System.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,208
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :

Bugs:
    - Cast/Miracast
    - FPC fingerprint dead after a reboot
    - Goodix fingerprint fully dead
    - VoLTE working on Jio, not working on airtel

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][mido][10] LineageOS 17.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    GiaSen, DD3Boh, Lucchetto00
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2019-09-22

Created 2019-09-22
    Last Updated 2019-10-05
    We need the basic stuff fixed first before "performance improvements". Bluetooth calls and fingerprint reader, come on!!

It's open source so feel free to fix it. If you can't then shut up and let the smarter people work and fix whatever they want first. (if anything)
    Nobody here is to please, serve or take requests from some random plebs. (especially not developers)
    This is not facebook or your personal forum, you can take your attitude back to wherever you came from.
    05/10 Update Lineage 17 for mido

Changelog:
    - Lineage upstreams
    - Kernel based on 10
    - Performance improvements
    - Encryption fixed thanks to scissorsdragonboy

To enable navbar/gestures use settings

Download Link in First Post
    Lineage17 updated
    27/10 build
    Download Link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Fr914YU8yXks6paaS-sGtm7jwHqoZFUR&export=download

- Tons of Lineage upstreams
    - Kernel based on 10
    - VoLTE improved thanks to sagarrokade006
    - RIL, media and graphics blobs updated to Q from CAF (more blobs soon)
    - Performance improvements (new power HAL 1.2)

Bugs:
    - Goodix FP is fully dead

Notes:
    - FPC dead after a reboot, first boot needs a settings fc to let it work
    - VoLTE works
    - To enable navbar/gestures use settings
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode