[ROM] [unofficial][moded][cm11][4.4.2][nightlies][vs980][vzw]

Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
They will become their own miui or the like. OSE went slimkat based. Im more fond of pure aosp versus cm

Sent from my VS980 4G

Sonic_44

Sep 30, 2010
Austin, TX
I did a clean flash and everything has been great. No roaming or MMS issues. As for the WiFi issue that won't scan unless the phone is restarted, just uncheck "Scanning always available" under Advanced Settings in WiFi. Clears it right up. Thank you again Gr33n.

Reactions: gr33nd3vil

timjp692

Dec 20, 2013
Philadelphia
This roaming this is driving me crazy. Completely restored the phone put twrp back on and flashed this rom and I have immediate roaming warnings.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks! I'm guessing it actually won't roam data on another network?

Cm butchered vs code like two weeks ago, it brought with it roaming while in a 3g area and APN issues with sending MMS.

Figured cm would have fixed the issue by now but I guess not. I haven't noticed roaming yet but a lot of other Roms that use a cm base are still having issues with it.

Pretty damn pathetic that official cm still has roaming while 3g and say nameless rom (almost completely based off cm) does not.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Reactions: timjp692

timjp692

Dec 20, 2013
Philadelphia
Yeah I was really surprised to have it, I deleted everything off the whole phone and flashed it down to the firmware with LgTools. I was sad to see the roaming issue carried to almost every CM based rom.

Cm butchered vs code like two weeks ago, it brought with it roaming while in a 3g area and APN issues with sending MMS.

Figured cm would have fixed the issue by now but I guess not. I haven't noticed roaming yet but a lot of other Roms that use a cm base are still having issues with it.

Pretty damn pathetic that official cm still has roaming while 3g and say nameless rom (almost completely based off cm) does not.

Sent from my VS980 4G

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
does this version have the same bugs official cm has?

so far ive seen these bugs in official:
random freezes, wireless charging, proximity sensor on call...

cm11 nightlies are very smooth otherwise. a million percent improvement over stock

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013

cm11 nightlies are very smooth otherwise. a million percent improvement over stock

This typically runs much smoother then the offical

Sent from my VS980 4G

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy

It's built from their source though so most likely yes

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Yeah, it can have the same sod/reboot/lag issues, but they are significantly less then official

Sent from my VS980 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CM11 Kitkat 4.4 for the VS980 ONLY!

This is BASED off of Official CM11 for the VS980 with cherry picks, apps baked in, and GAPPS baked in some GAPPS ARE BLACKED OUT! CHECK CHANGE LOG. If you don't like what I do with this ROM DON'T USE IT.

Updated every night. Your warranty is now void!

How To Flash - New Build

1. Download Rom / SuperSU / Google Dialer / DarkCandy v1.0
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Factor Reset in RECOVERY should wipe data-cahce & then format /system for BEST RESULTS
    4. Flash Rom / Flash SuperSU
    5. Wipe Cache / Dalvik
    6. Reboot phone & setup as normal.
    7. Reboot phone into recovery & flash Google Dialer(MUST FLASH so it removes STOCK DIALER)\
    8. Reboot phone & let signal grab
    9. Reboot phone into recovery & flash DarkCandy v1.0 (CM or Minimal, I use CM myself, and leave everything else stock)
    10. Enjoy!

How To Flash - DIRTY
    1. Download Rom / SuperSU / Google Dialer / DarkCandy
    2. Reboot phone into recovery
    3. Dirty FLASH new ROM & SuperSU
    4. Reboot Phone
    5.) Reboot into recovery & Flash Google Dialer & DarkCandy & ENJOY!
    5. REBOOT & Enjoy!

DownloadsMisc Addons / Files
    Blacked Out Apps

Recommended CPU Settings for Kernel
    Settings > Performance
    CPU GOV - OnDemand / Interactive (User prefrence I prefer interactive with animations down to .25/.50)
    Set On Boot Checked

I/O Scheduler - Noop
    Set on Boot Checked

Those are the only settings I use. Enjoy!

Change Log

CM11-3-25-14
    *Latest Commits
    *Latest Google Dialer Link Updated (May Break CM11 per Paranoid Android, if it does just dirty flash the ROM, and clear cache & dalvik)
    *Latest Viper4Android
    *Latest Gapps(DO NOT FLASH GAPPS THEY ARE BAKED IN!)
    *Latest LG Quick Remote V8
    *Latest Themed Google Keyboard (top row numbers blacked out)
    *Tweaked for her pleasure!
    *ENJOY FLASHING!

CM11-3-1-14
    *Latest commits
    *Updated Gapps to 3-1-14 Release
    *Cleaned up file, so its down to 414mbs now =)

Screenshots

besepynu.jpg

3u2esade.jpg

pu9a4yve.jpg

gy4y7e7u.jpg

u7aha7yp.jpg

5e7equ2u.jpg

se4etejy.jpg

vyzasadu.jpg

e2ume5ys.jpg

pa7a6ate.jpg

upabegu9.jpg

Built Off
    Stock CM Kernel:https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_msm8974
    Source: CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_vs980
    Branch: Android 4.4.2
    Kernel Version: 4.4.2

Special Thanks / Credit

Team Pac-Man
    CM Team
    matthew0776
    RieGo
    Ktoonez
    Team Black Out
    Best dev because he replies to all of these questions!thanks gr33nd3vil

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

been there before, I HATED Dev's not replying, it pissed me off so bad, I understand they don't have to, and can ignore users, but honestly why? it looks bad in my opinion, and that's why I build my own CM, and MOD it the way I want, and if others like it GREAT, if not move on to the next rom =)
    Anytime, you might not be familiar with me, I was big into the US Cellular Galaxy S4, doing tutorials, building Gummy & CM11, along with trouble shooting & fixing issues. Had a falling out with US Cellular, so here I am on a LG G2 from VZW =) I will never EVER BUY another Samsung after owning this phone =)
    i put this rom on yesterday and haven't had a single reboot or sod, im @ 26hrs up time. i tapped the screen on and used "screen off" at least 30 times today.
    there has to be some external issue causing this problem for you.

@gr33nd3vil tyvm for all your hard work. this is the first 4.4. rom i could keep on for more than a few hours without issue.
    ill send some holiday cheer your way shortly :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

@gr33nd3vil no donation link?

Thank you an no I don't want donations. I do this because I like giving back.
    For anyone of the LG G2 Owners G+ community, there are always people who are asking for recommendation on the best ROM for the G2 I always recommend @gr33nd3vil's variant of CM11! Stability and performance :good:

I think what people fail to see is and maybe it's because some of the devs around that are vetrens in this get pounded so much they lose track of how they treat people. I personally have no issues helping people, adding features that make sense or otherwise =0) Thanks again for the kind words nievesaj.