• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][montana][9.0.0_r46] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

The_Baztyx

May 1, 2013
chillan
I go back to LOS 17.1 because there I had 29 sensors (device info hw) and in this build I have only 24. On the other hand, there is no option to configure the fingerprint sensor as to leave the screen pressed to on / off (moto actions) and yes, note that if the virtual keys are disabled you can navigate with the fingerprint sensor, but you cannot customize it as before or as in LOS17.1. Xt1790 is my model.

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
You mean TWRP SARer ?
Because as I understand older versions of TWRP are not compatible with SAR ?

Edit : btw where can I find a download link for TWRPSarer ?
The download link of the SARer for 3.3.x can be found either on telegram

T.me/montanafiles

Or in the GitHub post of the first SAR Beta

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I go back to LOS 17.1 because there I had 29 sensors (device info hw) and in this build I have only 24. On the other hand, there is no option to configure the fingerprint sensor as to leave the screen pressed to on / off (moto actions) and yes, note that if the virtual keys are disabled you can navigate with the fingerprint sensor, but you cannot customize it as before or as in LOS17.1. Xt1790 is my model.
About Moto actions customization

This will probably be added back

About sensors
It's not that Los17.1 detects more sensors, but that Los17.1 Sensor detection is broken
It detected a E-Compass for devices which don't have one for example
Or NFC For devices which don't have NFC
Los16 just detects it properly

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I installed lineage-16.0-1.0b3 together with gapps pico from today with twrp 3.4.0.0. After some struggle with endless boot animations and sudden password prompt in TWRP I did a complete wipe again (Dalvic, cache, system, data, internal storage, vendor) and now it is working fine so far. Thanks.
(btw does wiping data for a clean flash always mean also wiping internal storage or is it usually enough to only wipe data?)

My only issue is that Moto Actions are gone now. Is this as exprected or should they be there?
They are there, just not in the "old" format

They're kinda spread through the settings now, maybe Jarl will change this later (which would be appreciated btw @JarlPenguin)

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Clarification: TWRPSARer is not required. Try reflashing the build with ordinary TWRP 3.4. By default builds have forceencrypt enabled hence long boot times on first boot. Using 3.4 should be fine. Moto Actions are in Settings -> System -> Advanced. Key customization for fingerprint gestures will NOT come back, I have decided to implement only fingerprint navigation gestures from stock. @peterpetrus @Dan Mornill

Last edited:

The_Baztyx

May 1, 2013
chillan
Clarification: TWRPSARer is not required. Try reflashing the build with ordinary TWRP 3.4. By default builds have forceencrypt enabled hence long boot times on first boot. Using 3.4 should be fine. Moto Actions are in Settings -> System -> Advanced. Key customization for fingerprint gestures will NOT come back, I have decided to implement only fingerprint navigation gestures from stock.
i know moto actions ... but fingerprint options doesn´t exist like older builds .. like this https://www.xda-developers.com/supercharge-your-fingerprint-sensor-with-fingerprint-quick-action/

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
Latest news...
Tried with downgrading TWRP + twrpsarer : I was able to dirty flash 17/08 build, but Google services kept crashing at first boot, after reboot I went into bootloop and TWRP...
Then I had the SAR mount error and couldn't flash back to the 16/08 build...
Flashing TWRP 3.4 ended in no recovery at all (maybe my falt but I don't know how).
All in all I had to flash TWRP via fastboot, and reinstall everything I did yesterday...
And I had to double reboot after formating partitions, in order to flash with TWRP 3.4.
But I am running 17/08 build now...
There is something wrong with your TWRP and builds nonetheless guys :)

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Latest news...
Tried with downgrading TWRP + twrpsarer : I was able to dirty flash 17/08 build, but Google services kept crashing at first boot, after reboot I went into bootloop and TWRP...
Then I had the SAR mount error and couldn't flash back to the 16/08 build...
Flashing TWRP 3.4 ended in no recovery at all (maybe my falt but I don't know how).
All in all I had to flash TWRP via fastboot, and reinstall everything I did yesterday...
And I had to double reboot after formating partitions, in order to flash with TWRP 3.4.
But I am running 17/08 build now...
There is something wrong with your TWRP and builds nonetheless guys :)
Very weird. Probably something with TWRP as the builds themselves are fine. TWRP 3.4 + the latest build flashes fine for my testers, although if you format system and vendor you have to reboot to recovery before flashing ROM

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
Well trying to come from 16/08 build to 17/08 one was painfull, I was used to dirty flash without a glitch with TWRP 3.3.x and 0.1x builds...

Edit : latest build is working fine

Last edited:

llauclaudiu

Oct 18, 2014
some notes about this ROM:
A. flashing the latest 16.0 ROM-s:
works only with TWRP 3.3.1 not with 3.4.0.0
after flash with 3.4.0.0 phone does not boot (remains locked on bootscreen for ever, must shutdown with power button)

B. flashing latest 15.1 ROM working OK

C. dirty flashing 16.0 ROM over 15.1 ROM

flash sequences: ROM 15.1, gapps pico 8.1, ROM 16.0, gapps 9.0 or ROM 15.1, ROM 16.0, gapps 9.0 work OK but:
1. with ROM16.0 beta3 after start-up touch screen not working
2. with stable ROM16.0 starting june.2019 all OK except screen dont activate on opening flipcase. With pixel ROM, stock ROM, lineage15.1 ROM screen activates on opening flipcase

D. update software
1.first flash atempt - wipe every thing, ROM15.1, then dirty flash ROM16.0 (june/02/2019 version) in upgrade section appears message that a newer version is available for download (june/07.2019)
2. second attempt - wipe every thing, ROM15.1, then dirty flash ROM16.0 beta3 not working touch
3. third attemp - wipe every thing, ROM15.1, then dirty flash ROM16.0 from first attemp in upgrade section appears message that no update available cause not possible to connect download server.

Conclusion: wipe every thing and return to pixel ROM
my phone G5S-XT1794 bootloader unlocked, rooted

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
With the same hardware I was able to flash with TWRP 3.4
Problems occured when I tried to update to the latest build (and it was only a matter of device_busy to unmount partition)

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
With the same hardware I was able to flash with TWRP 3.4
Problems occured when I tried to update to the latest build (and it was only a matter of device_busy to unmount partition)
With TWRPSARer? Also, for device_busy make sure system isn't mounted or try rebooting to recovery again. Also figured out that you need to reflash gapps and Magisk every update :/

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
With TWRPsarer I was able to flash, but as I said in a previous post, I then experienced Google services crash in loop, which eventually led me to no boot at all.

How can I make sure system isn't mounted ?
I never had to take care of that with LOS 0.1x and TWRP 3.3.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
With TWRPsarer I was able to flash, but as I said in a previous post, I then experienced Google services crash in loop, which eventually led me to no boot at all.

How can I make sure system isn't mounted ?
I never had to take care of that with LOS 0.1x and TWRP 3.3.
Depends on how you flashed it, if you formatted system then you need to reflash gapps or else you will get Google services crashing. TWRP 3.3.x apparently also needs reflashing GApps every time you flash LOS.

If you got busy error best to try rebooting to TWRP and then reinstalling ROM.

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
Depends on how you flashed it, if you formatted system then you need to reflash gapps or else you will get Google services crashing. TWRP 3.3.x apparently also needs reflashing GApps every time you flash LOS.

If you got busy error best to try rebooting to TWRP and then reinstalling ROM.
I did a dirty flash like I used to before beta builds.
I also tried the reboot with TWRP, without any success.

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
TWRP 3.4 is definitely buggy...
I tried to flash EVA kernel, this time unmount was a success, but I got an error 1 no ramdisk found...

Edit : or maybe it is the zip that is not suitable for these builds ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.4.0 and newer) and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system, vendor, data, cache, and dalvik cache
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

Note: Long first boot times are normal due to forced encryption. Please do not reboot your device when it is booting up the first time, instead wait patiently. If it takes more than 10 minutes to boot then please notify me here with a logcat.

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:
    • Unofficial builds: GitHub
    • Recovery: Official TWRP
    • Google Apps: OpenGApps (nano package is advisable, but you definitely should avoid using stock/super packages)

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2020-09-18:
    Added support for Color profiles (Settings > Display > Colors)
    Fixed an issue where you couldn't connect to certain Wi-Fi networks
    Fixed offline charging
    Fixed bootloop when enabling secure startup
    Fixed dual SIM menu not appearing
    Mobile data settings now only displays 3 modes (LTE, 3G and 2G)
    September security patch

2020-08-24:
    First stable release of LineageOS 16.0
    SELinux: Enforcing
    Widevine level is now L1
    OTA updates
    Minor tweaks and bug fixes

2020-08-17:
    Fixed an issue where the navigation bar would not disable respective to the toggle in Settings

2020-08-16:
    Fixed an issue where some applications on the Google Play Store were listed as incompatible with the device
    Fixed an issue where Moto Camera was unable to be updated from the Google Play Store
    August security patches

2020-06-24:
    Improved overall stability and performance
    Updated blobs from deen_sprout (Moto One) and tissot_sprout (Xiaomi Mi A1)
    Fixed a crash that happened while taking photos when recording videos
    Included Moto Camera instead of Snap - has slow-motion, supports front flash properly
    Updated camera and fingerprint blobs from stock OPPS28.65-37-7-12
    Now we are mounting system as root (/system at /)
    Now we verify vendor, so make sure not to tamper with it
    Updated kernel with recent CAF tags merged
    June security patches

2020-01-24:
    Enforced VNDK linker namespace isolation.

2020-01-16:
    January security patch

2020-01-01:
    Fixed NFC on XT1793/4 (thanks to @CypherNoodle for helping me)
    Fixed compass on XT1790/1
    Fixed "There's a problem with your device." error (thanks to @wiktorek140)
    Fixed MTP (thanks to @Sohamlad7)

Thanks to @Giv314, @CypherNoodle and @wiktorek140 for testing this build!

2019-12-05:
    New tree
    Updated lots of blobs
    Fixed encryption
    November security patch

2019-08-12:
    August security patch
    New tree
    Updated offline charging blobs
    Updated fingerprint blobs
    Updated perf configs
    Disabled OTA
    Added vector icons for Ambient Display and Fingerprint gestures in Moto Actions
    Enabled vibrating for "Flip for DND" action
    Made default Hotspot name "Moto G5S"
    Enforced privileged apps permissions
    Kernel upstreamed to match some changes at CAF

If you're coming from an update before v0.11, please flash https://github.com/MontanaDevelopment/releases/releases/download/LOS16-12/lineage-migration-unsigned.zip before booting this update.

2019-07-07:
    July security patch (for real).
    Fixed Hotspot.

2019-07-05:
    Project Treble support! Thanks a lot to [user=6879971]@AsD Monio[/user] for his commits
    July security patch
    Other LineageOS source updates

2019-06-27:
    June security patch.
    LineageOS source updates.
    Updated device sources from CAF.
    Removed useless blobs.
    Fixed VoLTE.
    Added zram support for Moto G5S' with 4GB of RAM.
    Fixed video recording on Snap and switched to Snap.
    Lowered minimum brightness.
    Some audio optimizations.
    Fixed call recording.
    Kernel compiled with clang.
    Smoothened vibrations.
    Updated media configs.
    Enforced Oreo bootloader.

2019-06-02:
    Fixed Wi-Fi Display (Miracast).
    Removed NFC stuff on XT1795s.
    Upstreamed kernel to 3.18.140.
    Fixed Moto Actions crash (only affects select handsets).
    Removed DTV (Digital TV) as none of our handsets support it (as far as I am aware of).
    Addressed some denials.

2019-05-16:
    Fixed encryption.
    May security patch.
    Changed from LTE icon to 4G.
    Device model now includes Moto G5S.
    Fixed some SEPolicies (thanks [user=6879971]@AsD Monio[/user]).
    Upstreamed kernel to 3.18.139.
    Android 9.0.0_r35 --> Android 9.0.0_r37.

2019-04-29:
    First signed build.
    Fixed low audio bug
    Fixed navigation bar toggle (is now there in Settings > System > Buttons)
    Add correct HAL1 packagelist for fixing certain apps with HAL3 enabled
    Updated blobs
    OTA updates should work now.

Use [url]https://github.com/montanadevelopment/releases/releases/download/LOS16-6/lineage-migration-signed.zip[/url] to migrate from unsigned to signed builds (flash after flashing ROM)

2019-04-24:
    Fixed front flash & USB tethering. Thanks to @wiktorek140

2019-04-17:
    Bundled Open Camera instead of Snap.
    Disabled Camera2 API (HAL3) and EIS by default.
    These changes fix video recording, once and for all.
    Native support for repaired "tianma" kernels.

2019-04-13:
    Upstreamed kernel to 3.18.138 from 3.18.113
    Updated GPS, DRM, encryption blobs
    Support for LiveDisplay 2.0
    WiFi calling in supported countries
    Oh and April security patch ofc

2019-03-16:
    Fix broken recording on stock camera.
    Enabled Camera2 API and EIS by default. Blacklisted stock and Moto Camera app for compatibility.

2019-03-15:
    Initial release.

Source code:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for Moto G5S, ROM for the Moto G5S

Contributors
    JarlPenguin, AsD Monio, wiktorek140, GivFNZ, karthick mostwanted, wh0dat, rajatgupta1998
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
    Based On: CyanogenMod/AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-24
    Current Beta Version: 1.0b3
    Beta Release Date: 2019-03-15

Created 2019-03-15
    Last Updated 2020-09-18
    Hello,

New LineageOS 16.0 build avaiable here (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mo...16.0-20200502-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip/download)

CHANGELOG:
    - default kernel included (radium compatibility)
    - fixed error in AudioFX
    - April security patches
    - Minor tweaks
    - fixed "Internal error" on eva kernel

INSTALLATION:
    - Make a backup
    - flash rom zip via recovery
    - Optional instalation step
    - install additional mods (magisk, gapps, audio mod etc.)
    - reboot to system

WARNING! First boot may take ~10 min!

ADDITIONALS:
    - Prebuilded ProjektEva kernel here (https://sourceforge.net/projects/montana/files/3.18/ProjektEva/boot-projekteva-20200503.img/download - !!!MAGISK PREFLASHED!!!)
    Optional instalation step:
    - Install boot-projektEva-2020-05-02.img as image into BOOT partition
    If anyone is wondering what happened, I've been really busy these past few weeks, so that is why no updates have been launched.

On the other hand, sneak peek into next update:
    Fixed video recording in Snap, Moto Camera, etc. (Partly thanks to @AsD Monio)
    Project Treble (Team effort of me and @AsD Monio)
    Fixed time resetting on reboot
    Updated lots of blobs
    And more
    Hello, everyone! I have good news! Wi-Fi is FIXED! Thanks a lot to @wiktorek140 (for reading & helping me with logs) and @GiovaniFNZ (for testing all of my builds) on Telegram. Now all that is left is fixing Moto Actions, which is pretty much a piece of cake.