[DEPRECATED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N|14.1][SM-T285] LineageOS for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 LTE (gtexslte)

Search This thread

pohhendry

Aug 23, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
First of all, a big thank you for doing up such a neat custom rom for this device!

I enountered the soft volume as well. And went about tinkering the code.

With root explorer, I navigated to:
/system/etc

Saw the file:
tiny_hw.xml

And wondering if this is the common fix you can find on youtube / guide to change the values inside.

I tried but it doesn't see to make a difference.

Caveat, if you want to try, do make sure that the permission of the file to set back to root, with permission 644. If not, video playback will have problem.

Reactions: itsfaiez

hersh785

Dec 8, 2020
I installed it, and it works great!
I'm just curious, I want to delete some bloatware (including play store after installing some apps, default browser etc) is there a way I can root it (and get access even to the ./system files) or run a script (by flash) to uninstall them? Or perheps moving them from unreachable file to reachable (like ./user or ./sdcard etc) ? Or maybe editing this custom rom so all files should be sort of reachable?
Thanks in advance.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I installed it, and it works great!
I'm just curious, I want to delete some bloatware (including play store after installing some apps, default browser etc) is there a way I can root it (and get access even to the ./system files) or run a script (by flash) to uninstall them? Or perheps moving them from unreachable file to reachable (like ./user or ./sdcard etc) ? Or maybe editing this custom rom so all files should be sort of reachable?
Thanks in advance.
you may want to use /e/ OS instead?!

Will this work on a T290?
I dont think so

liper94

Jul 25, 2020
please help when using google meets i use speaker mode, but no mic.
when i use voice call, the speaker is low.
i think its about mixer_paths.xml but i dont know how to set.
thank You,

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
Ok thx guys.
Do I install this one TWRP_3.0.2-1_SM-T285_20161124 ?
Or the one with support for f2s system?
I wanna try Lineage OS.

asdfghjkervin

Aug 5, 2013
It works! The only issue I have is that my Bluetooth is not working and the Volume is too low even if it's set to Max. Tried tweaking in Audio FX still the same. Other than that it's been running smoothly.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Ok thx guys.
Do I install this one TWRP_3.0.2-1_SM-T285_20161124 ?
Or the one with support for f2s system?
I wanna try Lineage OS.
well if you do not want to install my TWRP or SHRP as mentioned in the OP then ask in the TWRP thread where you had download it.
It works! The only issue I have is that my Bluetooth is not working and the Volume is too low even if it's set to Max. Tried tweaking in Audio FX still the same. Other than that it's been running smoothly.
thats weird as BT is working fine here. sometimes when turning it off and on again it fails and requires a reboot though.

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
well if you do not want to install my TWRP or SHRP as mentioned in the OP then ask in the TWRP thread where you had download it.

thats weird as BT is working fine here. sometimes when turning it off and on again it fails and requires a reboot though.
There is special version of TWRP in the OP thread for f2s system.
I don't need that one,do I?

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
There is special version of TWRP in the OP thread for f2s system.
I don't need that one,do I?
what thread are you talking about?
I am talking about THIS thread here and there is no specific f2fs version HERE.
if you do NOT want to use the recommended one which is linked here in THIS thread's OP then ask in the thread where you talking about but not here.
btw: f2fs is incredible useless and a hype long time ago but as said - useless to enable and use.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Where can I share the logcat? The omnirom link is not working.

Share the content of a logcat using https://privatebin.at/ (ensure you select 1 month or more in the drop down!)
If for any reason the above link does not work for you then use on one of the billions other paste services.
Here some examples:

Last edited:

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
Can anyone share tutorial on how to install this ROM and gapps?
I suppose install TWRP first then ROM then boot into TWRP and install Gapps?
I'm currently using it with stock Lolipop 5.1 and it is damn slow and many times unresponsive.

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
Amazin ROM,so much faster then stock...but in sacrifice the sound is barely hearble even at max volume.
Can anyone help me find an option to enable capacitive software buttons?
Running webpages like anandtech techowerup is almost as smooth like I'm running 6 gigs of RAM on tablet with some octa core CPU.
Stock Android was daaaaamnnn tooo sloooow.
But audio is an issue. :/
Anyone fixed it?
And how do I ENABLE double tap on screen to wake from sleep?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1280px-LineageOS_Wordmark.svg.png

About LineageOS:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

Features
    • Check out all the great stuff of LineageOS here
    • My builds are signed by a custom key for better security
    • F-Droid + priv ext + a bunch of additional repos included
    • AuroraStore included
    • My builds come with full OTA update support :)
      ... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install ;)

Known issues

Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
    So back up regularly and frequently!

• LineageOS Camera does not work -> install "Open Camera". I am NOT working on a fix sorry.
    • Open Camera does work but only for photo, i.e. video recording fails. I am NOT working on a fix sorry.
    • Bluetooth might crash/stop working when enable + disable afterwards (reboot to fix that)
    • If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.

Requirements
    • Latest TWRP or SHRP (recommended) build.
    • Do a full (i.e. Nandroid) backup before doing anything!
    • Samsung STOCK firmware should be on T285XXU0AQH1.
      You can check your current firmware version in Android -> settings -> About / Phone info -> Baseband version
      If you like try first without flashing this firmware but if you encounter any issues upgrade to this version first before reporting
      Fast and (afaik) good site for downloading: https://sfirmware.com/samsung-sm-t285/
      (scroll down and type T285XXU0AQH1 in the search box, choose the one for your country, download, flash as usual, flash TWRP/SHRP again, flash this ROM)

Installation
    1. Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2) is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
    4. Optional (if you want to use google stuff): Flash GApps (ARM, 7.1)
    5. Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
    6. Enjoy

Download

Get your build from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)

https://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/lineage/nougat/gtexslte/

If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ ROM installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
    Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)

Note:
    1. Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    2. Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    3. The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs
    • Join my Telegram groups (see "Support" topic)

Support

Of course in this thread but also by Telegram.
    1. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
    2. and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here

Credits
    • jedld, really he did a great job and making this project possible at first!
    • LineageOS team, devs, contributors
    • and all I forgot to mention ....!

Sources
    Really love it!
    The most stable build for t285!would recommend to everyone who is looking for a custom ROM for t285.But the audio is really low can barely hear it any type of help will be appreciated using it with gapps mini package works as a charm
    Finally new living for my old tablet, gonna review thing later after flashing it.

Smoothest rom ever performance better than stock or any other rom that i had tried. Except the bug u mention above but thats no big deal. Well finally can instal youtube and google map.
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q #01: I want to report an issue. What is the proper way to do so?

I'm glad that you are asking: before doing so check the KNOWN ISSUES topic in the OP and ofc the other FAQ's listed here!
    If you encountered a kernel panic follow FAQ #6 in this post instead.
    If you have issues with "just" the boot process follow FAQ #7 for a very easy way to grab the boot logs.
    if you have an audio issue follow FAQ #10 instead.

If your issue is not listed there click here to proceed:

If your issue is not listed there follow the directions here briefly and I may can fix it.

Often selinux can cause issues so try that at very first:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    (or "adb root" when enabled in developer settings)
    setenforce permissive
    Try again and if the issue is gone when in permissive mode: provide me a logcat as described here -> on step 3 I need the SELINUX log (option D)

If that does not solve your issue follow the logcat GUIDE to provide a valid log depending on what your issue is.

Ensure you have done a full CLEAN install before doing so (refer to FAQ #2 for what that means).

Warning: NO SUPPORT when:
    - magisk is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
    - Xposed is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
    If you have installed any of these UNINSTALL or better do a FULL CLEAN install (see FAQ #2) before doing anything else. Often enough these above causes several issues like battery draining, problems on booting and much more. Even when they may work properly you should re-produce your issue without them first and follow the above to grab the log.

Magisk is a great piece of software and besides that it is Open Source which SuperSu never was.
    I just saying I do not "support" issues with LOS when you have Magisk installed. Why? It is (like Xposed) extendable with modules (made by whoever) and those can cause billions of issues.
    Other then that magisk was sometimes the reason for battery drain etc. Magisk modifies the boot "process" and sits very deep in the system (which is needed to make it work ofc) but that has the potential to make a system/ROM unstable or result in strange behaviors.

so in order to support a specific issue I have to be sure the ROM is in a "clean" state, no magisk, no xposed. The LOS root-addon is tested with LOS and made for it so that is not an issue but for the rest there are so many things which can going wrong..

Q #02: I want to install clean, how? What is a clean install? What is the recommended way to flash a new ROM version?
    A clean install ensures that there are no leftovers from any previous install. One can say that there are 2 phases of a clean flash:
    1) regular
    2) full - when you (still) encounter issues

Usually the regular one is fully ok when flashing a new ROM version but if you encounter strange issues nobody else is reporting or if a release post is recommending it you should do a full clean install instead.

A regular clean install can be done like this:
    • WIPE -> Advanced -> select: System + Cache
    • Flash the ROM
    • reflash root addon/magisk if you want root
    • reflash opengapps if you want to use Google crap

A full clean install needs 2 steps more then the regular:
    • follow the steps for regular clean
    • go back in WIPE -> touch the "FORMAT data" button and type "yes" to format the internal storage (you will LOOSE ALL YOUR DATA - obviously)
    • REBOOT -> Recovery
    • Flash the ROM
    • reflash root addon/magisk if you want root
    • reflash opengapps if you want to use Google crap
    It is absolutely recommended to create a backup before and COPYING IT to your PC(!) before doing the above.

Q #03: Are there any plans or a chance of official LOS builds?
    no.

Q #04: Google Play shows that my device is not "certified" - how can I fix that?
    First of all you must be on the latest build.
    If your issue persists click here to proceed:
    The second thing is you must not be rooted by the LOS root addon (afaik). Magisk has its own protections to ensure you stay certified but I hadn't the time to test the LOS root-addon.
    You also need to know that google play remembers your devices last state so if you are on the latest build and still having that issue do this and it will be certified again:

android settings -> apps -> find play store -> clear data (yes data, not cache) -> reboot -> open play store -> wait 2..5 minutes -> check certified state again

Q #5: A life without Google?! Read here how:
    A life without Google ? Is that possible ? ...and why you should consider it ?
    So why? That's easy to answer and if those are worth it depends totally on your personal needs:

1) BATTERY. Google services are draining a LOT of your battery, so to get the most out of your battery you should abandon Google gapps

2) PRIVACY. Almost all Google apps phoning home to Google! You don't care about that? You really should. You have nothing to hide? Oh dear believe me you have no idea how much of your private data you do NOT want to share. Keep also in mind that you give your private data not to a company only , there are always humans behind and what they do.. You do not believe me? Read on

BREAKING NEWS:
    You can go on with the following steps or simply head-over to /e/ OS which is LOS but completely Google-Free + microG fully working pre-installed:
    check it out here!

Q #6: issues with audio (e.g. echo's, silence on one or the other site, ..)? Read here how to provide a specific log for that:
    Do the following steps:

• 1) Ensure you have adb set up on your PC, and have adb debugging and adb root enabled in developer options on your phone
    • 2) Then perform the following (all one command)

On Linux:
      adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver" && sleep 10 && adb logcat -b all |egrep -vi "(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)"
      On windows:
      adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver && sleep 10 && logcat -b all |egrep -vi '(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)' "
    • 3) Then re-produce your audo issue and cancel the logcat from step 2 before hanging up!

• 4) Share the logcat output from the console screen using paste.omnirom.org