[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N-7.1.2][alice] crDroid 3.8.9 [STABLE]

Search This thread

Mar14

Apr 13, 2020
If I install b896 before the rom but still on the lock screen it shows (only emergency calls), although the sim detects me and works, I have to select the network and it is manual 2g, 3g, 4g so that it no longer shows calls of emergency

Last edited:
Reactions: sKuF

sKuF

Jan 1, 2013
Buenos Aires
Hi! I've installed this rom in my ALE-L23 and looks great. Congratulations and thanks for the work!
After a couple of days of use, I've found some issues:
No service when the phone its locked.
Low or No signal when the phone its unlocked for use.
I've follow the steps you gave in the first post, flashing the B986 update... but i've done it from fastboot, flashing only these files:
Boot
Recovery
Cust
System
And after this, I've flash TWRP and the rom.
I've done something wrong or there's a way to fix the issue with the signal? Thanks in advance!

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
Hi! I've installed this rom in my ALE-L23 and looks great. Congratulations and thanks for the work!
After a couple of days of use, I've found some issues:
No service when the phone its locked.
Low or No signal when the phone its unlocked for use.
I've follow the steps you gave in the first post, flashing the B986 update... but i've done it from fastboot, flashing only these files:
Boot
Recovery
Cust
System
And after this, I've flash TWRP and the rom.
I've done something wrong or there's a way to fix the issue with the signal? Thanks in advance!
You should flash the B986 zip in TWRP, though I think fastboot is fine too.
I think the no service when the phone is locked is an UI bug. Can you receive calls when locked?

sKuF

Jan 1, 2013
Buenos Aires
You should flash the B986 zip in TWRP, though I think fastboot is fine too.
I think the no service when the phone is locked is an UI bug. Can you receive calls when locked?
Nope, no incoming calls when the phone it's locked.
I think I'm going to wipe all and start over, flashing the B986 update in TWRP and sees what's happens.

UPDATE:
Well, I've just end the full process and now all works like a charm.
Still have the bug of "No service" when the phone is locked but I get incoming calls without problems.
This is what I did:
  1. From TWRP do all the wipes (Dalvik, Cache, Cust, Data and System)
  2. I've flashed a stock firmware ALE-L23_C605B524_Latin America_Channel-Others
    After this I rebooted to system and made some calls and check the signal strenght. All fine.
  3. Then I flashed the TWRP.3.2.3.ALE recovery
  4. From TWRP do all the wipes and then I flashed the B896 Update and again, I rebooted for made some calls and check the signal without issues.
  5. Then I just followed the steps you gave to install the ROM.
Hope someone find this useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: masemoel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    /*Disclaimer
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! [U]YOU[/U] are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installing (aka clean flash):
    • 0. It's mandatory to flash B895/B896's update if you haven't installed it already! (if yes, skip this step!)
    • 1. Reboot to recovery.
    • 2. Wipe dalvik, cache, cust, data and system partitions. Then, reboot to recovery again.
    • 3. Flash ROM.
    • 4. Flash GApps, Magisk and whatever you want.
    • 5. Wipe dalvik and cache.
    • 6. Reboot and enjoy!

Update installation (aka dirty flash):
    • 1. Reboot to recovery.
    • 2. Wipe cache, dalvik and system.
    • 3. Flash ROM and whatever else you flashed the other time and that is storaged on /system partition.
    • 4. Reboot and enjoy your update!

Sources:
    Device tree: Device tree
    Kernel: Kernel
    Vendor: Vendor

Download zone:
    ROM: Stable MEGA folder
    This is a stable final build from the work I've done to this phone while I've been using it since my daily phone broke and until I bought a new one. Don't expect too much updates of this since there isn't too much stuff to fix, besides the crDroid team doesn't merge the newer security patches since months!
    I also know that there is another thread for crDroid Nougat, but that's for an old build. This ROM contains all the source & device trees that has been made since then (and no, you can't dirty flash to this).

Needed firmware stack:
    B895 (TWRP flashable)
    B896 (TWRP flashable)

Known issues:
    • SELinux is permissive.
    • Video recording is not working properly on some apps like WhatsApp or Telegram, but it does on others like Instagram, TikTok or the prebuilt camera.
    • Watching videos at [email protected] is laggy on YouTube -> see them at 480p instead.
    • Use MagiskHide to pass SafetyNet and Google Play Store's certification.
    • Disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth scanning in location's settings in order to fix deep-sleep issue!
    • Encryption.
    All the other stuff not mentioned above -> working!

Special thanks to:
    - DarkJoker360
    - surdu_petru
    - TheSpartann
    - haky86
    - XTutorials
    - XePeleato
    - OldDroid
    - Meticulus

Version Information:

ROM OS Version: 3.8.9 (Android 7.1.2 N)
    Kernel: Linux 3.10.108
    Release date: 2020-10-16

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    TG group for alice
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to masemoel
    Donate to help our team paying server costs

If you like this project, remember to hit the Thanks button :D
    Thank You for this ROM and particulary for the working USSD Codes. Please I want to know if it is possible to disable the name of the quick tiles, i d'ont see any option for it crDoid Settings ?
    This ROM works very good. Thanks for your effort.
    If I install b896 before the rom but still on the lock screen it shows (only emergency calls), although the sim detects me and works, I have to select the network and it is manual 2g, 3g, 4g so that it no longer shows calls of emergency
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone