[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N/O][F500,LS991,H81x,US991,VS986] LineageOS 15.1/14.1

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
latest build
Something to try ...

A (possible) workaround is to use the MindTheGapps zip referenced on LineageOS Wiki - Google Apps. - No problems with that one and while it is older, all the apps will update eventually to the latest.

While I build my own off the suicide squirrel/steadfasterX's github repos, I found the openGapps were presenting problems when flashed after the the latest rom versions were installed. The MindTheGapps version linked above solved it for me as the openGapps versions, any of them from any date, would not complete the install process. It sounds like the problem resides in flashing openGapps with the latest rom versions when the OTA update option was added., i.e., it may not be necessary to reinstall the openGapps when it has been previously installed. I haven't confirmed it yet but it seems to be a real possibility.

drasterlx

May 22, 2005
Something to try ...

A (possible) workaround is to use the MindTheGapps zip referenced on LineageOS Wiki - Google Apps. - No problems with that one and while it is older, all the apps will update eventually to the latest.

While I build my own off the suicide squirrel/steadfasterX's github repos, I found the openGapps were presenting problems when flashed after the the latest rom versions were installed. The MindTheGapps version linked above solved it for me as the openGapps versions, any of them from any date, would not complete the install process. It sounds like the problem resides in flashing openGapps with the latest rom versions when the OTA update option was added., i.e., it may not be necessary to reinstall the openGapps when it has been previously installed. I haven't confirmed it yet but it seems to be a real possibility.
So the idea is.. if someone want to update to last build dont need to install onemore time opengapps?? or need to install mindthegapps?

Thanks

drasterlx

May 22, 2005
Hello steadfasterX
Previous update of 15.1 (Dec 21) by OTA was successful.. but last one (Jan 18) is giving error at the moment of click on install in installation section(OTA)...
any solution?

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Hello steadfasterX
Previous update of 15.1 (Dec 21) by OTA was successful.. but last one (Jan 18) is giving error at the moment of click on install in installation section(OTA)...
any solution?
Well. Share the log maybe? I mean i can't fix what i can't see.

Follow specific issue when doing the OTA :

drasterlx

May 22, 2005
Well. Share the log maybe? I mean i can't fix what i can't see.

Follow specific issue when doing the OTA :
Hello
LG G4 811
logcat
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: steadfasterX

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Hello
ithe workaround works... but.... the installation is not going... it access to homepage of twep... and nothing happend
well then read and follow:

drasterlx

May 22, 2005
well then read and follow:
Sorry so the solution is install new version of TWRP?
How to install it?
is possible install it without lose soft and data?

If in the actual TWRP install the rom manually will work??
need to install gapps?

Thanks a lot for your time

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Sorry so the solution is install new version of TWRP?
How to install it?
is possible install it without lose soft and data?

If in the actual TWRP install the rom manually will work??
need to install gapps?

Thanks a lot for your time
  1. Ensure you have downloaded the OTA -> do not install (but it must be there)
  2. boot TWRP
  3. choose wipe -> advanced -> select SYSTEM, CACHE and DALVIK-CACHE only! and wipe these (you won't loose any data if you just select these)
  4. browse in TWRP to the folder: /data/lineageos_updates/ and upgrade to that new ROM release (its the OTA you've downloaded before)
  5. boot once to LOS and reboot to TWRP
  6. upgrade your recovery to the latest version (do not forget that) -> howto upgrade TWRP? check the main TWRP thread from my signature.

Reactions: drasterlx

drasterlx

May 22, 2005
  1. Ensure you have downloaded the OTA -> do not install (but it must be there)
  2. boot TWRP
  3. choose wipe -> advanced -> select SYSTEM, CACHE and DALVIK-CACHE only! and wipe these (you won't loose any data if you just select these)
  4. browse in TWRP to the folder: /data/lineageos_updates/ and upgrade to that new ROM release (its the OTA you've downloaded before)
  5. boot once to LOS and reboot to TWRP
  6. upgrade your recovery to the latest version (do not forget that) -> howto upgrade TWRP? check the main TWRP thread from my signature.
Thanks!!!
i upaded the rom.. but i received lot of google pleay error... so i installed gapps
now i will go for TWRP upgrade.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
In last OTA installation.. i didnt made any activity with gapps...
where reflashed automatically?
Uhm what? Evwn yourself said here you got a lot of google play errors and so needed to flash gapps. Exactly what i said.