[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N/O][F500,LS991,H81x,US991,VS986] LineageOS 15.1/14.1

Search This thread

sreehax

May 27, 2017
United States
Not entirely sure why this is happening. The only way to remove encryption is to boot into twrp and go to wipe --> format data (I think). This will wipe your phone so beware of that - make sure you save any twrp backups off your phone first.

Btw what does the kernel panic say?
I managed to screw up the phone again. Anyways, here is the kernel panic:
---------------------------------------------------
Kernel Crash!
DemiGod Crash Handler : Kernel Crash!
If you want to get a ram dump, Please do the following action
1) Please connect USB.
2) Get the ram dump image using QPST Configurator
If you want to reboot. Press Volume Down and Hold a Second
-------------------------------------------------------------
Reset reason
reboot_reason: 0x6d630100 gcc_reset_status: 0x0 pon_pon: 0x200a0
--------------------------------------------------------------
Board info
rev: 1.0 msm_serial: 0x01f72302 emmc_serial: 0xf852476a
efuse: 0xce6d29a0.094e0030 jtag_id: 0x12600969
a53_speedbin: 1 a57_speedbin: 0 cx_pvs: 1 mx_pvs: 1
pm: 09.20.00 pmi: 0a.02.00 secure: enabled
-------------------------------------------------
invalid ram console!!!

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Are you using SteadfasterX's latest TWRP for O?

Yes, but how does TWRP cause encryption to fail? I go to Settings > Security > Encryption > then press the button to encrypt. The phone shows that green android encryption logo, reboots, shows the bootanimation for some time, then the bootanimation stalls, and a kernel panic is printed on the screen. Attempting to reboot causes the kernel panic again during the next boot. The only way to fix this is to run mkfs.ext4 on the userdata partition. No time during this process did TWRP boot.
BTW how did the encryption process work for you or others? Did TWRP boot up?

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I managed to screw up the phone again. Anyways, here is the kernel panic:
Kernel Crash!
DemiGod Crash Handler : Kernel Crash!
If you want to get a ram dump, Please do the following action
1) Please connect USB.
2) Get the ram dump image using QPST Configurator
If you want to reboot. Press Volume Down and Hold a Second
-------------------------------------------------------------
Reset reason
reboot_reason: 0x6d630100 gcc_reset_status: 0x0 pon_pon: 0x200a0
--------------------------------------------------------------
Board info
rev: 1.0 msm_serial: 0x01f72302 emmc_serial: 0xf852476a
efuse: 0xce6d29a0.094e0030 jtag_id: 0x12600969
a53_speedbin: 1 a57_speedbin: 0 cx_pvs: 1 mx_pvs: 1
pm: 09.20.00 pmi: 0a.02.00 secure: enabled
-------------------------------------------------
invalid ram console!!!

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Yes, but how does TWRP cause encryption to fail? I go to Settings > Security > Encryption > then press the button to encrypt. The phone shows that green android encryption logo, reboots, shows the bootanimation for some time, then the bootanimation stalls, and a kernel panic is printed on the screen. Attempting to reboot causes the kernel panic again during the next boot. The only way to fix this is to run mkfs.ext4 on the userdata partition. No time during this process did TWRP boot.
BTW how did the encryption process work for you or others? Did TWRP boot up?
1) I've seen invalid ram console often on devices having an incompatible bootloader stack. What's the current firmware / bootloader stack / the latest stock ROM you inatalled?

2) start a logcat before doing the encryption :

adb logcat -b all
Wait until the full log displayed and it got a bit silent. Press enter several times to find the start later
Press encryption
Copy and paste the whole logcat output to bpaste.net beginning from the point where you clicked encrypt

3) TWRP does not affect encryption

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

Reactions: polfrank and Tekkla

elcoya06

Feb 7, 2014
the headset does not work when making calls by whatsapp the microphone if it works with the mixer_paths but the calls listening with the headset of the phone does not work only with the speaker. and in a reboot I hung on the logo and went to twrp. I do not start anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

the headset does not work when making calls by whatsapp the microphone if it works with the mixer_paths but the calls listening with the headset of the phone does not work only with the speaker. and in a reboot I hung on the logo and went to twrp. I do not start anymore.

compilation 28/04 works a little better than the last compilation

Last edited:

ThePiGuy

Nov 5, 2017

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Yep except on h811 (where speaker doesnt work) 28/04 doesn't have all the audio changes (which are getting us up to date with Oreo standards rather than falling back to nougat, but at the moment are not quite right so there are a few bugs).

So if you want rock solid h815 performance, go with the 28/04.

elcoya06

Feb 7, 2014
Yep except on h811 (where speaker doesnt work) 28/04 doesn't have all the audio changes (which are getting us up to date with Oreo standards rather than falling back to nougat, but at the moment are not quite right so there are a few bugs).

So if you want rock solid h815 performance, go with the 28/04.

@ThePiGuy thanks for the great job

rocky184

Jan 16, 2011
OnePlus 6

So if you want rock solid h815 performance, go with the 28/04.[/QUOTE @ThePiGuy yes I agree, I've found 28/04 version is more stable and no issues with sound so I'm back on that. Smooth performance too.
Thanks for all the hard work.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

sreehax

May 27, 2017
United States
1) I've seen invalid ram console often on devices having an incompatible bootloader stack. What's the current firmware / bootloader stack / the latest stock ROM you inatalled?

2) start a logcat before doing the encryption :

adb logcat -b all
Wait until the full log displayed and it got a bit silent. Press enter several times to find the start later
Press encryption
Copy and paste the whole logcat output to bpaste.net beginning from the point where you clicked encrypt

3) TWRP does not affect encryption

I am pretty sure i flashed LG h811 v29a bootloader and radio over the h811v20x firmware. It may be lower then 20x though.
Here is the bpaste.net link: https://bpaste.net/show/c70f18905b8d
The log starts right when i pressed "Encrypt Phone", after re entering my password. The phone showed the boot animation for some time, then the phone reboots, which is where my log stops. It boots up (no adb), and the bootanimation stops and the kernel panic appears.

Vetal_ca

Mar 10, 2011

So if you want rock solid h815 performance, go with the 28/04.[/QUOTE @ThePiGuy yes I agree, I've found 28/04 version is more stable and no issues with sound so I'm back on that. Smooth performance too.
Thanks for all the hard work.

Confirm too,
May 20th build, H815:

Zoiper (VoIP)

- Works via loud speaker
- works via headphones on 3.5 mm jack
- does not work on normal speaker

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
I am pretty sure i flashed LG h811 v29a bootloader and radio over the h811v20x firmware. It may be lower then 20x though.
Here is the bpaste.net link: https://bpaste.net/show/c70f18905b8d
The log starts right when i pressed "Encrypt Phone", after re entering my password. The phone showed the boot animation for some time, then the phone reboots, which is where my log stops. It boots up (no adb), and the bootanimation stops and the kernel panic appears.

theres no bootloader N for h811 only MM bootloader h811 you just flash rom from latest 20x or q/r/s/t/o/p

Reactions: steadfasterX

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Well i found this file: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634782629. So you are saying I am supposed to just install h811v20x or whatever and then install lineage-15.1 on top of that?
yes we dont have a nougat beta the v29a its a beta for nougat that was released by a member. us h811 we use old modem and nougat f500s port all you have to do is be on stock KDZ 20x 0r 20v then just do the wipes and install thats it. to go back just flash KDZ using LGUP.

Reactions: miguelr4720

miguelr4720

May 24, 2015
New York
Does this fix the bt issue

yes we dont have a nougat beta the v29a its a beta for nougat that was released by a member. Us h811 we use old modem and nougat f500s port all you have to do is be on stock kdz 20x 0r 20v then just do the wipes and install thats it. To go back just flash kdz using lgup.

what does this fix?? Does it fix bt

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

This Is The Same Issue Am Having Hope They Find the fix for this :confused:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro

sreehax

May 27, 2017
United States
Absolutely. H811 is different here. Same for other custom ROMs this needs a pure h811 bootloader stack and would explain the invalid ram console crash.

Just to be clear. I install the stock rom, then i install this rom after clearing cache etc. I was under the impression that i needed to install the other bootloader, since AOSCP required it.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Just to be clear. I install the stock rom, then i install this rom after clearing cache etc. I was under the impression that i needed to install the other bootloader, since AOSCP required it.
It's the same for aoscp for the h811..no 29a when you have a h811. Even when it boots many stupid errors can happen.

Yes that would be the process. Install stock h811 MM kdz or just the bootloader stack of it (if you know how) and then install TWRP, LOS whatever again, wipe data best with a FORMAT in TWRP wipe menu (obviously will delete all your data ofc).

sreehax

May 27, 2017
United States
It's the same for aoscp for the h811..no 29a when you have a h811. Even when it boots many stupid errors can happen.

Yes that would be the process. Install stock h811 MM kdz or just the bootloader stack of it (if you know how) and then install TWRP, LOS whatever again, wipe data best with a FORMAT in TWRP wipe menu (obviously will delete all your data ofc).

Ok thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

Requirements
    • Your device need to be unlocked either officially (h815 international or h811) or by UsU
    • Your bootloader stack should be on MM 20p (20x for H811) or higher! (see FAQ #20 for how to upgrade your bootloader stack).
      .... and for your convenience I have even created TWRP flashable files for that here
    • in particular that means this thread is for:
      F500 (UsU'd)
      H810 (UsU'd)
      H811
      H812 (UsU'd)
      H815 (official unlocked or UsU'd)
      H819 (UsU'd)
      LS991 (UsU'd)
      US991 (UsU'd)
      VS986 (UsU'd)
    • Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click
    • Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!
    Installation Instructions

1. This single very first step is for UsU'd devices only:
      If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition from your backup in TWRP.
      If you do not know if you ever flashed it simply flash your modem partition again and you can be sure. This can't do any harm.
      If you have no backup:
      - TWRP flashable MM modems (N might not work)
    2. Full clean install as described here (FAQ "#2") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    3. Flash LOS
    4. Optional: Flash GApps (8.1 - ARM64 for LOS 15.1, 7.1 - ARM64 for LOS 14.1) if you like
    5. Optional (if you want root): Flash the official LOS root-addon (addonsu-15.1-arm64-signed.zip or addonsu-14.1-arm64-signed.zip) or Magisk (do not report issues if you have Magisk installed though!)
    6. Boot (will take a bit on first boot!!!)
    7. Enjoy

For more detailed instructions, please see my website (thepiguy0.github.io/installing)

Update Instructions

To update from a previous version of my rom:
    • If it is an old version of the rom, it is recommended to do a clean flash - Be aware that your data will be deleted
    • If it is a relatively recent version, a dirty flash should be ok - wipe cache and dalvik cache and then flash on top of your current installation - This keeps all your files
    Current Issues

For a current list of all issues including possible workarounds:

Summary (again check out the above linked issue tracker for a current state):
    • Bluetooth calling FIXED!
    • Flashlight icon on quick toggles FIXED!
    • SIM pin unlocking (Ril works, better to use an unlocked sim card for now) FIXED!
    • Magisk when encrypted - state UNKNOWN
    • Permissive SELinux FIXED!
    • Probably more undiscovered bugs
    Downloads

Get the latest builds from steadfasterX's server
    Get the legacy builds from my Google drive

Building from source

If you want to build this from source, follow the LG H815 build guide (replace H815 with H811 if needed). Immediately before the "repo sync" step, copy our local manifest (https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/local_manifests/blob/los-15.1/roomservice.xml) into the .repo/local_manifests/ folder. Now run repo sync.
    Then miss out breakfast and proprietary files steps before continuing with Jack memory optimisations
    Changelog

Go through the results here: click
    older ones click here:

20/05/2018
    • WiFi Hotspot is now fixed
    • H811 audio is fixed
    • More audio enhancements behind the scenes
    • Increased performance in Titan Kernel
      28/04/2018
      • Audio is now fully working (with the exception of bluetooth calling)
      • Camera and screen recorder are now both fully fixed and work
      • Latest Lineage and Titan updates

• FAQ
      Will be added as the time goes.

Credits

@kessaras, @steadfasterX and the LineageOS team

Sources

Lineage source code - https://github.com/LineageOS/
      Device trees and kernel (forked from cypheros) - https://github.com/suicide-squirrel/
      Proprietary files - https://github.com/CypherOS/

PREVIOUS OP (for historical reasons)

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

Requirements
      • LG G4 H815/H811
      • Latest MM firmware for H811 and latest Nougat/MM firmware for H815
      • Latest official TWRP or the latest TWRP preview from steadfasterX's server - This prevents the error 7 from appearing
      • For UsU devices, follow @steadfasterX's instructions for TWRP
      Installation Instructions

1. Download appropriate zip for your device along with any additional modules such as gapps (arm64 android 8.1 needed)
      2. Recommended - Create a full nandroid backup to allow you to restore to your previous OS if needed
      3. Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache - Be aware that this WILL remove your currently installed OS and wipe your apps and most data
      4. Flash the lineage zip, followed immediately by gapps if applicable
      5. Reboot into system and wait for boot

For more detailed instructions, please see my website (thepiguy0.github.io/installing)

Update Instructions

To update from a previous version of my rom:
      • If it is an old version of the rom, it is recommended to do a clean flash - Be aware that your data will be deleted
      • If it is a relatively recent version, a dirty flash should be ok - wipe cache and dalvik cache and then flash on top of your current installation - This keeps all your files
      Current Issues

For a current list of all issues including possible workarounds:

Summary (again check out the above linked issue tracker for a current state):
      • Bluetooth calling
      • Flashlight icon on quick toggles
      • SIM pin unlocking (Ril works, better to use an unlocked sim card for now)
      • Magisk when encrypted
      • Permissive SELinux
      • Probably more undiscovered bugs
      Downloads

Get the latest builds from steadfasterX's server
      Get the legacy builds from my Google drive

Building from source

If you want to build this from source, follow the LG H815 build guide (replace H815 with H811 if needed). Immediately before the "repo sync" step, copy our local manifest (https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/local_manifests/blob/los-15.1/roomservice.xml) into the .repo/local_manifests/ folder. Now run repo sync.
      Then miss out breakfast and proprietary files steps before continuing with Jack memory optimisations
      Changelog
      20/05/2018
      • WiFi Hotspot is now fixed
      • H811 audio is fixed
      • More audio enhancements behind the scenes
      • Increased performance in Titan Kernel
        28/04/2018
        • Audio is now fully working (with the exception of bluetooth calling)
        • Camera and screen recorder are now both fully fixed and work
        • Latest Lineage and Titan updates

• XDA:DevDB Information
        LineageOS 14.1/15.1 for LG G4, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
        ThePiGuy, steadfasterX, kessaras, berkantkz and LineageOS
        Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
        ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
        ROM Firmware Required: v20 (or higher for H815) bootloader and modem
        Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
        Current Beta Version: 20180428
        Beta Release Date: 2018-04-28

Created 2018-04-26
        Last Updated 2019-12-22
    New builds are coming.

I have scheduled a new build for all major G4 models - right now.
    The build will run in that order:
    1. h815
    2. h811
    3. UsU - h815
    4. UsU - vs986
    5. UsU - h812
    6. UsU - h810

As usual the build process will take approx 6-10 hours until ALL models finished and its current progress can be watched here:

Summary Changelog:
    • many selinux policies added - based on our tests and your feedback
    • selinux set to enforcing - the very first 15.1 build which comes with enforcing :highfive:
      if you encounter issues: provide a logcat output like this and upload it to http://bpaste.net):
      Code:
      adb logcat -b all -d |grep 'avc: '
    • a NFC error which might or might not fix things for some of you
    • camera and sensor related issues (kernel)
    • security patch level (for the Android framework - NOT the kernel): 5th of December 2018
    • .. and more

Full Changelog:

Cheers
    sfX

UPDATE:
    Sorry for the delay but I ran out of disk space on my tmp directory. New builds for the affected models started already again :
    https://lets.binbash.it:8800/job/LG-G4/job/LOS-15.1/job/Build all LGE-G4 models/

Thank you so much for your awesome roms! Oreo works awesome on my h815, can't wait to upgrade to Pie! Would you consider it as fairly stable for daily use?
    Also, do you have plans to register your server at Brave as a publisher in order to receive donations via BAT too? :)
    Wait with upgrading to pie for the next pie build which is coming soon.
    I don't know what brave or BAT is but I guess PayPal and Bitcoin are good enough for my needs. Donations are of course welcome but definitely not necessary. A click on the thank you button is all I expect ;)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
    The long wait is almost over..

stay tuned dudes.. we HAVE A FIX for the infamous BT voice distortion!!!! I will do some more tests and optimizing it but IT WORKS :)
    Once I have finished all stuff I will do new builds asap.

so KEEP EXCITED :)

.-
    jfi:
    I have scheduled a new build run for all major G4 models (h811, h815, UsU - h815, UsU - vs986, UsU - h812, UsU - h810) today at 8 PM CEST.

As usual the build process will take approx 9-10 hours to complete and can be watched here (once it has started):
    https://lets.binbash.it:8800/blue/o...-G4/LOS-15.1/Build all LGE-G4 models/activity

Changes which will be included:
    https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/android_device_lge_g4-common-LOS/commits/lineage-15.1
    https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/Titan-Kernel-LG-G4/commits/oreo-mr1-release_synced

which should bring up the latest massive improvements by @kessaras :
    • battery achievements
    • RIL improvements
    • selinux policies added but I still set selinux to permissive
      (if you wanna help to enforce: provide a logcat output like this and upload it to http://bpaste.net):
      Code:
      adb shell dmesg |grep 'avc: '
    • .. and more

Cheers
    sfX