- Nov 13, 2013
brought to you by the
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
/e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:
- is open source
- is pro-privacy
- is compatible with most existing Android applications
- cares about usability
- is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
- already exists!
... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
- an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
- a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
- various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.
- Based on the stable Lineage OS
- microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
- All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
- All features and fixes of LineageOS
- My builds come with full OTA update support
... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install
Difference from pure /e/ or: why are the builds UNOFFICIAL?
- There are no differences. its pure /e/. "just" build on my server
Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
So back up regularly and frequently!
- Camera does work but only for photo, i.e. video recording fails.
- If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.
- Latest TWRP or SHRP (recommended) build.
- Do a full (i.e. Nandroid) backup before doing anything!
- Samsung STOCK firmware should be on T285XXU0AQH1.
You can check your current firmware version in Android -> settings -> About / Phone info -> Baseband version
If you like try first without flashing this firmware but if you encounter any issues upgrade to this version first before reporting
Fast and (afaik) good site for downloading: https://sfirmware.com/samsung-sm-t285/
(scroll down and type T285XXU0AQH1 in the search box, choose the one for your country, download, flash as usual, flash TWRP/SHRP again, flash this ROM)
- Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2) is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
- Flash /e/
- Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
- Flashing OpenGapps ????? STOOOOOOP! NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
- Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
- Enjoy the most easiest way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!
Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ ROM installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)
- Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
- Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
- The current build is the latest for your device.
- search results from this thread: click
Of course in this thread but also by Telegram.
- I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
- and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here
- jedld, really he did a great job and making this project possible at first!
- LineageOS (the base of /e/)
- The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
- and all I forgot to mention ....!
gtexslte_eos-n_unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Source Code: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2020-11-18