[DEPRECATED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N][SM-T285] /e/ OS for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 LTE (gtexslte) | BYE Google, HELLO Privacy!

Search This thread

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
e-color.png

brought to you by the
eFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
*/

About /e/
/e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:

• is open source
  • is pro-privacy
  • is compatible with most existing Android applications
  • cares about usability
  • is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
  • already exists!
It’s the alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly on the smartphone.

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
  • an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
  • a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
  • various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features

• Based on the stable Lineage OS
  • microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
  • All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
  • All features and fixes of LineageOS
  • My builds come with full OTA update support :)
    ... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install ;)

Difference from pure /e/ or: why are the builds UNOFFICIAL?

• There are no differences. its pure /e/. "just" build on my server ;)

Known issues:

Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
So back up regularly and frequently!

• Camera does work but only for photo, i.e. video recording fails.
  • If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.

Requirements
  • Latest TWRP or SHRP (recommended) build.
  • Do a full (i.e. Nandroid) backup before doing anything!
  • Samsung STOCK firmware should be on T285XXU0AQH1.
    You can check your current firmware version in Android -> settings -> About / Phone info -> Baseband version
    If you like try first without flashing this firmware but if you encounter any issues upgrade to this version first before reporting
    Fast and (afaik) good site for downloading: https://sfirmware.com/samsung-sm-t285/
    (scroll down and type T285XXU0AQH1 in the search box, choose the one for your country, download, flash as usual, flash TWRP/SHRP again, flash this ROM)

Installation
  1. Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2) is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
  2. Flash /e/
  3. Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
  4. Flashing OpenGapps ????? STOOOOOOP! NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
  5. Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
  6. Enjoy the most easiest way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!

Download

Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/e-os/nougat/gtexslte/

If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ ROM installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)

Note:
  1. Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
  2. Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
  3. The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs

• search results from this thread: click

Support

Of course in this thread but also by Telegram.
  1. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
  2. and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here

Credits
  • jedld, really he did a great job and making this project possible at first!
  • LineageOS (the base of /e/)
  • The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
  • and all I forgot to mention ....!

Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
gtexslte_eos-n_unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
steadfasterX, jedld(!)
Source Code: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-11-18
Last Updated 2020-11-18

Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q #01: I want to report an issue. What is the proper way to do so?
I'm glad that you are asking: before doing so check the KNOWN ISSUES topic in the OP and ofc the other FAQ's listed here!
if you have an audio issue follow FAQ #6 instead.

If your issue is not listed there click here to proceed:

If your issue is not listed there follow the directions here briefly and I may can fix it:

logcat GUIDE

Ensure you have done a full CLEAN install before doing so (refer to FAQ #2 for what that means).

Warning: NO SUPPORT when:
- magisk is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
- Xposed is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
If you have installed any of these UNINSTALL or better do a FULL CLEAN install (see FAQ #2) before doing anything else. Often enough these above causes several issues like battery draining, problems on booting and much more. Even when they may work properly you should re-produce your issue without them first and follow the above to grab the log.

Magisk is a great piece of software and besides that it is Open Source which SuperSu never was.
I just saying I do not "support" issues when you have Magisk installed. Why? It is (like Xposed) extendable with modules (made by whoever) and those can cause billions of issues.
Other then that magisk was sometimes the reason for battery drain etc. Magisk modifies the boot "process" and sits very deep in the system (which is needed to make it work ofc) but that has the potential to make a system/ROM unstable or result in strange behaviors.

so in order to support a specific issue I have to be sure the ROM is in a "clean" state, no magisk, no xposed.
Pro-Tip: a very first test is to set magisk on core functions only to see if an extension causes your issue or not.

Q #02: I want to install clean, how? What is a clean install? What is the recommended way to flash a new ROM version?
A clean install ensures that there are no leftovers from any previous install. One can say that there are 2 phases of a clean flash:
1) regular
2) full - when you (still) encounter issues

Usually the regular one is fully ok when flashing a new ROM version but if you encounter strange issues nobody else is reporting or if a release post is recommending it you should do a full clean install instead.

A regular clean install can be done like this:
  • WIPE -> Advanced -> select: System + Cache
  • Flash the ROM
  • reflash root addon/magisk if you want root

A full clean install needs 2 steps more then the regular:
  • follow the steps for regular clean
  • go back in WIPE -> touch the "FORMAT data" button and type "yes" to format the internal storage (you will LOOSE ALL YOUR DATA - obviously)
  • REBOOT -> Recovery
  • Flash the ROM
It is absolutely recommended to create a backup before and COPYING IT to your PC(!) before doing the above.

Q #03: Are there any plans or a chance of official /e/ builds?
No plans on my site. I may check that later but the chance is very low.

Q #04: Will this ROM support / pass SafetyNet?
When you install Magisk you can hide and so yes you might be able to pass SafetyNet. Which can change every day though because even when that might work atm you should note the following:
Magisk has its own protections to ensure you pass safetynet but this is something which will change one day and there is no known method yet to workaround that.

Q #5: Is there an /e/ specific FAQ?
Sure:

• FAQ: click
  • Forum: click
  • HOWTOs: click (a great resource for all your first questions)

Q #6: issues with audio (e.g. echo's, silence on one or the other site, ..)? Read here how to provide a specific log for that:
Do the following steps:

• 1) Ensure you have adb set up on your PC, and have adb debugging and adb root enabled in developer options on your phone
  • 2) Then perform the following (all one command)

On Linux:
    adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver" && sleep 10 && adb logcat -b all |egrep -vi "(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)"

On windows:
    adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver && sleep 10 && logcat -b all |egrep -vi '(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)' "

• 3) Then re-produce your audio issue and cancel the logcat from step 2 before hanging up!

• 4) Share the logcat output from the console screen using paste.omnirom.org

Q #7: I'm scared about that microG , I don't want to expose my phone so is this /e/ version a security risk?
First of all you need a lot of trust installing ANY custom ROM. A developer can do nasty things right? Besides that yes microG allowing to let apps act like as they are another app, also known as signature spoofing. This CAN be a good and a bad thing. Read on why my builds are different:

In general the microG patch is an all or nothing. A ROM which supports microG (i.e. signature spoofing) have that feature enabled, always.
The difference in my /e/ builds is that I am using the "restricted" option of signature spoofing so as long as you trust me you are as safe as without microG.

.-

Last edited:
Reactions: barani kumar

itsclarence63

Nov 15, 2013

I'm glad that you are asking: before doing so check the KNOWN ISSUES topic in the OP and ofc the other FAQ's listed here!

If your issue is not listed there follow the directions here briefly and I may can fix it:

logcat GUIDE

Ensure you have done a full CLEAN install before doing so (refer to FAQ #2 for what that means).

- magisk is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
- Xposed is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
If you have installed any of these UNINSTALL or better do a FULL CLEAN install (see FAQ #2) before doing anything else. Often enough these above causes several issues like battery draining, problems on booting and much more. Even when they may work properly you should re-produce your issue without them first and follow the above to grab the log.

Magisk is a great piece of software and besides that it is Open Source which SuperSu never was.
I just saying I do not "support" issues when you have Magisk installed. Why? It is (like Xposed) extendable with modules (made by whoever) and those can cause billions of issues.
Other then that magisk was sometimes the reason for battery drain etc. Magisk modifies the boot "process" and sits very deep in the system (which is needed to make it work ofc) but that has the potential to make a system/ROM unstable or result in strange behaviors.

so in order to support a specific issue I have to be sure the ROM is in a "clean" state, no magisk, no xposed.
Pro-Tip: a very first test is to set magisk on core functions only to see if an extension causes your issue or not.

Q #02: I want to install clean, how? What is a clean install? What is the recommended way to flash a new ROM version?
A clean install ensures that there are no leftovers from any previous install. One can say that there are 2 phases of a clean flash:
1) regular

Usually the regular one is fully ok when flashing a new ROM version but if you encounter strange issues nobody else is reporting or if a release post is recommending it you should do a full clean install instead.

WIPE -> Advanced -> select: System + Cache
Flash the ROM
reflash root addon/magisk if you want root

follow the steps for regular clean
go back in WIPE -> touch the "FORMAT data" button and type "yes" to format the internal storage (you will LOOSE ALL YOUR DATA - obviously)
REBOOT -> Recovery
Flash the ROM
reflash root addon/magisk if you want root

It is absolutely recommended to create a backup before and COPYING IT to your PC(!) before doing the above.

When you install Magisk you can hide and so yes you might be able to pass SafetyNet. Which can change every day though because even when that might work atm you should note the following:
Magisk has its own protections to ensure you pass safetynet but this is something which will change one day and there is no known method yet to workaround that.

Sure:

FAQ: click
Forum: click
HOWTOs: click (a great resource for all your first questions)

Q #6: issues with audio (e.g. echo's, silence on one or the other site, ..)? Read here how to provide a specific log for that:
Do the following steps:

1) Ensure you have adb set up on your PC, and have adb debugging and adb root enabled in developer options on your phone
2) Then perform the following (all one command)

On Linux:

On windows:

3) Then re-produce your audio issue and cancel the logcat from step 2 before hanging up!

4) Share the logcat output from the console screen using paste.omnirom.org

Q #7: I'm scared about that microG , I don't want to expose my phone so is this /e/ version a security risk?
First of all you need a lot of trust installing ANY custom ROM. A developer can do nasty things right? Besides that yes microG allowing to let apps act like as they are another app, also known as signature spoofing. This CAN be a good and a bad thing. Read on why my builds are different:

In general the microG patch is an all or nothing. A ROM which supports microG (i.e. signature spoofing) have that feature enabled, always.
The difference in my /e/ builds is that I am using the "restricted" option of signature spoofing so as long as you trust me you are as safe as without microG.

.-
Very nice job. Looking awesome:good:

johnnyhoang

Jan 18, 2020
Thanh Hoa city
Everything is ok except some problems/issues.
First is the camera. As you have said, camera does work but only for photo. But it only happens on the foundation.e.camera (default camera app). And in other apps require camera such as Qanda, it does not work. Like this:
Screenshot_20201207-112257.png

The second problem is the cellular (or phone signal) problem. It says that "Emergency calls only" and I can't use mobile data(4g) or make any phone calls.
Screenshot_20201207-112311.png
Screenshot_20201207-120057.png

The next one is stability. Sometimes Espeak have fc (force-close) after using camera app.
Screenshot_20201207-120225.png

and sometimes Bliss launcher (pre-installed) have some fc when i press home button.
Sorry if I can't provide to you the proper log because of some reasons.
Anyways, the rom works very well and actually better than the LOS i used before.
Without Google spyware, The performance increases and i have more ram to do other things.
I hope you will fix those issues i have mentioned above in future OTA updates.
Thank you for the nice work.

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
Can I encrypt /data partition like in the Settings > Encryption > Encrypt phone
and Encrypt SD Card with this ROM?

Also, how stable it is for daily driver/use?

Did you fix the mic routing issue when in call? Use earphone mic instead of the built in mic of the tablet?

How about the video when app like Element.io or some other video conferencing apps?

johnnyhoang

Jan 18, 2020
Thanh Hoa city
espeak is a known issue of /e/ OS and should be fixed hopefully anytime soon: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/1890
cam is nothing I will work on sorry..
signal issue is very likely because of your STOCK firmware --> make a screenshot of the full " about" menu in settings (where you see build number etc)
Here are some screenshots
This one is from "about tablet" menu.
Screenshot_20201208-183359.png

And I bonus some screenshots include some information i have from the "Device info HW" app (ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw, maybe you've already known it before).
Screenshot_20201208-183425.png
Screenshot_20201208-183433.png

That's all the screenshot i provided.

Last edited:
Reactions: steadfasterX

ijlara

Mar 31, 2015
GAPS does not work. I'm using the open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170503.zip version

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Everything is ok except some problems/issues.
First is the camera. As you have said, camera does work but only for photo. But it only happens on the foundation.e.camera (default camera app). And in other apps require camera such as Qanda, it does not work. Like this:
The second problem is the cellular (or phone signal) problem. It says that "Emergency calls only" and I can't use mobile data(4g) or make any phone calls.
The next one is stability. Sometimes Espeak have fc (force-close) after using camera app.
and sometimes Bliss launcher (pre-installed) have some fc when i press home button.
Sorry if I can't provide to you the proper log because of some reasons.
Anyways, the rom works very well and actually better than the LOS i used before.
Without Google spyware, The performance increases and i have more ram to do other things.
I hope you will fix those issues i have mentioned above in future OTA updates.
Thank you for the nice work.

ok your cell service issue could come from a too old stock firmware. yours is from 2016 and there were some releases later on.
I have adjusted the OP with instructions (pls see topic "Requirements") with the firmware I am using without issues.

.-

Reactions: johnnyhoang

ijlara

Mar 31, 2015
It is difficult to find a ROM that works well on this device. It is for my daughter and I also can't get a ROM that works with Samsung's Kids Mode.

johnnyhoang

Jan 18, 2020
Thanh Hoa city
ok your cell service issue could come from a too old stock firmware. yours is from 2016 and there were some releases later on.
I have adjusted the OP with instructions (pls see topic "Requirements") with the firmware I am using without issues.

.-
i have tried so many ways. And it is not working after all. :(
installed T285XXU0AQH1 baseband from the BTU csc , but the cell service issues still happening.
my original csc is XXV, and the latest update still T285XXU0API1 baseband (20171115 ver.)

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
i have tried so many ways. And it is not working after all. :(
installed T285XXU0AQH1 baseband from the BTU csc , but the cell service issues still happening.
my original csc is XXV, and the latest update still T285XXU0API1 baseband (20171115 ver.)
uhm.. well that was not what I said. I did not say "install the baseband" I said install the FULL(!!!!!) STOCK firmware. Here again:

You can check your current firmware version in Android -> settings -> About / Phone info -> Baseband version (===> hint: this info is the best indicator to find out your current STOCK firmware, afaik)
    If you like try first without flashing this firmware but if you encounter any issues upgrade to this version first before reporting
    Fast and (afaik) good site for downloading: https://sfirmware.com/samsung-sm-t285/
    (scroll down and type T285XXU0AQH1 in the search box, choose the one for your country, download, flash as usual, flash TWRP/SHRP again, flash this ROM)

There is nothing mentioned to extract just a subset and only flashing a subset. No. flash it completely or leave it. Just flashing part of it will break and/or even hard brick.

johnnyhoang

Jan 18, 2020
Thanh Hoa city
uhm.. well that was not what I said. I did not say "install the baseband" I said install the FULL(!!!!!) STOCK firmware. Here again:

You can check your current firmware version in Android -> settings -> About / Phone info -> Baseband version (===> hint: this info is the best indicator to find out your current STOCK firmware, afaik)

There is nothing mentioned to extract just a subset and only flashing a subset. No. flash it completely or leave it. Just flashing part of it will break and/or even hard brick.
Ok,i have given up. I don't know the way to install that properly because of the CSC differences(you said it should be in T285XXU0AQH1 but it didn't available in my country XXV. XXV still use T285XXU0API1 even with the latest update from 2017). So i will use that normally bc i'm ok without cellular.​
Btw things still work like a charm, and i have no regret of choosing this rom.

johnnyhoang

Jan 18, 2020
Thanh Hoa city

Sorry for misunderstanding.
I have found the reason why the cellular issues comes out. It is made by the SIM card itself, not the baseband version or the stock firmware version as you have said. I was wrong when i think that it come from the software or stock firmware. Now i found out the reason for that. Sincerely apologize to you.
Ok,i have given up. I don't know the way to install that properly because of the CSC differences(you said it should be in T285XXU0AQH1 but it didn't available in my country XXV. XXV still use T285XXU0API1 even with the latest update from 2017). So i will use that normally bc i'm ok without cellular.​
Btw things still work like a charm, and i have no regret of choosing this rom.
Anyways thanks for noticing the recquirements. I think it is not necessary now since i found the real reason for the cellular issues.
When I changed another SIM card, it works flawlessly.

Reactions: steadfasterX

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Sorry for misunderstanding.
I have found the reason why the cellular issues comes out. It is made by the SIM card itself, not the baseband version or the stock firmware version as you have said. I was wrong when i think that it come from the software or stock firmware. Now i found out the reason for that. Sincerely apologize to you.

Anyways thanks for noticing the recquirements. I think it is not necessary now since i found the real reason for the cellular issues.
When I changed another SIM card, it works flawlessly.
great stuff and thx for the feedback!

• Love
Reactions: johnnyhoang

binhdt

Jan 16, 2011
It ok, but google services framework stop. Fash zip Dolby Atmos (DAP_r6.5.zip) work Vanced manager install Youtube Vancednon root work. addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip work. VOLUME+BOOSTING+SOUND+(Very+Loud).zip work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-221652.png
    Screenshot_20201211-221652.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Screenshot_20201211-221647.png
    Screenshot_20201211-221647.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_20201211-220222.png
    Screenshot_20201211-220222.png
    693.1 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_20201211-220228.png
    Screenshot_20201211-220228.png
    677.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
It ok, but google services framework stop. Can not flash zip Dolby Atmos, Vanced manager can not install Youtube Vanced
apps which require google crap will not work on /e/. That is by design..
You can browse the e foundation forum to find alternatives though.

How To's: https://doc.e.foundation/how-tos/
General Forum: https://community.e.foundation/
--> e.g a quick search here shows a bunch of alternatives for youtube: https://community.e.foundation/t/alternative-to-youtube/23703/10

or here another huge listing: https://github.com/tycrek/degoogle

Other alternatives: https://community.e.foundation/t/ho...urce-alternatives-of-your-apps-services/13616

.-

Last edited:
Reactions: binhdt

hotmatua.parulian

Jan 7, 2013
e-color.png

brought to you by the
eFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
*/

About /e/

• is open source
  • is pro-privacy
  • cares about usability
  • already exists!

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
  • an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
  • various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features

... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install ;)

Known issues:

Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!

• If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.

Requirements
    You can check your current firmware version in Android -> settings -> About / Phone info -> Baseband version

Installation
  1. Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2) is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
  2. Flash /e/
  4. Flashing OpenGapps ????? STOOOOOOP! NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).

Download

If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ ROM installed already and just want to update to a newer release:

Note:

Changelogs

Support

2. and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here

Credits

Sources

Contributors
steadfasterX, jedld(!)

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-11-18
Last Updated 2020-11-18

I just flashed it and looks very nice thank you, titanium backup force closed, is there any restriction?

Attachments

• P_20201231_130631.jpg
    P_20201231_130631.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
  • P_20201231_130659.jpg
    P_20201231_130659.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
  • P_20201231_130833.jpg
    P_20201231_130833.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    e-color.png

brought to you by the
    eFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
    /*
    */

About /e/

• is open source
    • is pro-privacy
    • cares about usability
    • already exists!

Features

Known issues:

Requirements

Installation
    2. Flash /e/

Download

Note:

Changelogs

Support

Credits

Sources

Contributors
    steadfasterX, jedld(!)

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18
    Hello steadfasterX, I see you're still active about the SMT-285, I really like your ROMs but I'm a person that needs google in their life. I know that the /e/ OS is impossible to install/flash Gapps, I humbly requesting you if you could look into jedld's Omnirom 6.0 here https://bit.ly/3dm9oK7, I think this is the most stable rom of jedld for SMT-285. I hope you could consider fixing the rom's bugs which are:

1.) Apps froze a lot when installed in external sd card (formatted sd card as internal storage).
    2.) Speaker phone does not work in calls.
    3.) Bluetooth ear phones and wired earphones does not work during calls.
    4.) Data connection sometimes won't work but switching to on/off in airplane mode does fix the problem.
    5.) Direct Wifi does not work.

Thank you :)

well what I can do is building LOS again. I cannot say when though and for sure I won't do much dev on that as my main focus with this device is navigation (i.e. diOS which is based on /e/ OS)
    FAQ

logcat GUIDE

1) regular

• WIPE -> Advanced -> select: System + Cache
    • Flash the ROM

• follow the steps for regular clean
    • go back in WIPE -> touch the "FORMAT data" button and type "yes" to format the internal storage (you will LOOSE ALL YOUR DATA - obviously)
    • REBOOT -> Recovery
    • Flash the ROM

Sure:

• FAQ: click
    • Forum: click
    • HOWTOs: click (a great resource for all your first questions)

Do the following steps:

• 1) Ensure you have adb set up on your PC, and have adb debugging and adb root enabled in developer options on your phone
    • 2) Then perform the following (all one command)

On Linux:
      adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver" && sleep 10 && adb logcat -b all |egrep -vi "(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)"

On windows:
      adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver && sleep 10 && logcat -b all |egrep -vi '(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)' "

• 3) Then re-produce your audio issue and cancel the logcat from step 2 before hanging up!

• 4) Share the logcat output from the console screen using paste.omnirom.org

.-
    espeak is a known issue of /e/ OS and should be fixed hopefully anytime soon: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/1890
    cam is nothing I will work on sorry..
    signal issue is very likely because of your STOCK firmware --> make a screenshot of the full " about" menu in settings (where you see build number etc)
    Here are some screenshots
    This one is from "about tablet" menu.
    Screenshot_20201208-183359.png

And I bonus some screenshots include some information i have from the "Device info HW" app (ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw, maybe you've already known it before).
    Screenshot_20201208-183425.png
    Screenshot_20201208-183433.png

That's all the screenshot i provided.
    Would this ROM work for SM-T280? I modified the metadata in the zip-file and installed it on SM-T280 but unfortunantly it does not boot :(( Hanging on Samsung LOGO for for then 20 min.
    I did a clean install.
    Read the title. They are (slightly) different models.