[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N][UsU]CypherOS 4.2 [H815]

Search This thread

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro

3vjolGj.png

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

**** These builds are for UsU'd devices only ****
UsU? http://bit.do/unlockg4

Get your builds from my leech service
http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/aoscp/nougat/h815-UsU/

Note: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
The current build is the latest for your device.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
- Status bar Customization
  • - Changeable icons
  • - Quick pulldown
  • - Smart pulldown
  • - Notification count
  • - Clock position
  • - Seconds in clock
  • - Date design
- Quick Settings
  • - Brightness slider
  • - Brightness icon
  • - Tile tap customization
- System
  • - Screenshot partial and full
  • - Scrolling cache customization
  • - Power menu customization
  • - One-handed mode
- Specials
  • - UsU compatible build so no need for a baseband package to be flashed!
  • - Using latest TITAN kernel sources

Requirements
  • Your device need to be unlocked by UsU
  • Your bootloader stack should be on MM (see FAQ #20 for how to upgrade your bootloader stack)
  • Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click
  • Clean modem partition (so no UsU baseband flashed) - see Installation topic for details

Installation
  1. If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition in TWRP:
    - TWRP flashable N modem (recommended)
  2. Full wipe like described here (click & go to FAQ "#zzz") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
  3. Flash AOSCP
  4. Flash GApps (7.1 - ARM64) if you like to use google apps
  5. Flash SuperSU / Magisk if you want root
  6. Boot (will take long on first boot!)
  7. Enjoy

Credits
  • LineageOS
  • AICP
  • PureNexus
  • AOKP
  • Dirty Unicorns
  • Paranoid Android
  • kessaras
  • steadfasterX
  • and more..

Sources

Last edited:

the_naxhoo

Jul 7, 2014
Graneros
Error Status 7

Using lastest TWRP preview, I get the above error.
I know to fix it I just need to delete the "assert" line in the .zip, but I thought this ROM (UsU's supported) had the model that TWRP show. :confused:
I mean, the model according to;

(*) TWRP: LGUSU
(*) ROM (assert): p1, h815, h815_usu & g4 (not 'LGUSU' as shown in TWRP).

Thanks!

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Error Status 7

Using lastest TWRP preview, I get the above error.
I know to fix it I just need to delete the "assert" line in the .zip, but I thought this ROM (UsU's supported) had the model that TWRP show. :confused:
I mean, the model according to;

(*) TWRP: LGUSU
(*) ROM (assert): p1, h815, h815_usu & g4 (not 'LGUSU' as shown in TWRP).

Thanks!
correct the removal of that line is not needed but i can see that the model detection is wrong on your device.

Please share the recovery log file!

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Rich Rich

Jul 21, 2016
ROM works great. Very smooth with no bloatware.

Just one problem, when setting the lockscreen type in security it doesn't seem to apply correctly. I have set it to "pattern" but it keeps defaulting back to swipe. I then tried to set it to PIN and it just crashes when I go back into lock screen settings now.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
OK. Here is the recovery.log

ok the reason is clear:
download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569958479
extract it
flash in fastboot:

Code:
fastboot flash laf laf_UsU.img
fastboot flash raw_resources rawres_UsU.img
Then boot into TWRP again and share the recovery log again.

ROM works great. Very smooth with no bloatware.

Just one problem, when setting the lockscreen type in security it doesn't seem to apply correctly. I have set it to "pattern" but it keeps defaulting back to swipe. I then tried to set it to PIN and it just crashes when I go back into lock screen settings now.
seems to be a known issue for some rare cases.
I cannot reproduce it here it works fine so far.

Have you clean flashed ? Format(!) data as written in the OP?

Rich Rich

Jul 21, 2016
seems to be a known issue for some rare cases.
I cannot reproduce it here it works fine so far.

Have you clean flashed ? Format(!) data as written in the OP?

Yes, did the "format data" wipe before install.

It may be a slight difference in the way I set the device up. I did select "pattern lock" when I first installed the OS. I noticed this was not working then re-set "pattern lock" in settings a few times but nothing worked. I then tried setting it to "pin lock" and now it just crashes the settings app every time I try to change the security.

It's not a big issue for me as the G4 is just used as a work phone. I'll flash the next build when available and see if that sorts the problem.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Yes, did the "format data" wipe before install.

It may be a slight difference in the way I set the device up. I did select "pattern lock" when I first installed the OS. I noticed this was not working then re-set "pattern lock" in settings a few times but nothing worked. I then tried setting it to "pin lock" and now it just crashes the settings app every time I try to change the security.

It's not a big issue for me as the G4 is just used as a work phone. I'll flash the next build when available and see if that sorts the problem.
oh well i have tried PIN only.. sorry havent read carefully. will try the pattern thing..

Reactions: Derpthunder

emrtnl

Apr 27, 2018
Hello thanks for all of your efforts I follow your toppic for long time and finally yesterday I unlocked my h815tr device successfully. And I flash the ROM you shared in this topic. All works fine thanks again. I just have a problem about Yahoo mail account. I can't add it to my Gmail app. I enter my mail and password I allow the permissions about mail and at final step screen shows 404 can't found. But I solve this by using Yahoo's mail app. But it would be good if I can use Gmail app. And I realised that if I take a photo and immediately if I tap to photo I took the camera app crash but if I wait few seconds and then if I tap the photo it's all ok. I'm not complaining don't get me wrong, again thank you so much.

emrtnl

Apr 27, 2018
Is this ROM support quick charge? Because when I plug to QC adapter, phone says slow charging. Original adapter says slow charging also

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 5
Is this ROM support quick charge? Because when I plug to QC adapter, phone says slow charging. Original adapter says slow charging also

slow charging is everywhere due to power hal and due to our sources.
In the rom to show if its fast normal or slow it needs to read the voltage not the ampere. but in kernel we read no voltage. we only read the ampere.
Totally stupid since its the ampere that matters , but thats how things work there.

EDIT:
i mean it's always showing slow for the reason i explained , but it's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: steadfasterX

emrtnl

Apr 27, 2018
slow charging is everywhere due to power hal and due to our sources.
In the rom to show if its fast normal or slow it needs to read the voltage not the ampere. but in kernel we read no voltage. we only read the ampere.
Totally stupid since its the ampere that matters , but thats how things work there.

EDIT:
i mean it's always showing slow for the reason i explained , but it's not.

Thanks for that information. At v29 ROM previously I use I could see quick charging notification, that's why I asked.

Reactions: kessaras

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 5
Thanks for that information. At v29 ROM previously I use I could see quick charging notification, that's why I asked.

stock lg stuff handle many things differently from the open source.
but we do not have access there, only LG has.
What we do in this side of development is to work with the open source.
LG rom may read the ampere. Or they may have added a voltage reading. We do not know...

Derpthunder

Feb 19, 2018
have done all steps but reboot into twrp always :((((

I had the same problem.
While in TWRP go to Advanced, then select Terminal
type this command:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fota
keep in mind that there's a space before if and before of, like below replaced with underscores:
dd_if=/dev/zero_of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fota
If you don't get an error, just reboot the phone and it will go into the system.

I found this solution here and adjusted it a bit:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

#EDIT: Ok, so funnily enough, me helping the guy above also risked having him screw his mac address up the same way I describe as a separate problem below :D Looks like we need to adjust he process below to our model:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70474540&postcount=12
Sorry for being clumsily underqualified, everyone.
#EDIT2: A better and easier solution that might work for us:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/fix-stuck-custom-recovery-trying-ota-t2907508

And now my own problem. I cannot connect to any WiFi network and noticed that my mac address is 00:00:00:00:00:00.
I stays that way even if I do the whole process again: format data, flash the rom, flash the gapps, flash supersu.
After I reboot into the system and wait for it to initialise and enter the initial phone config, where it asks me to connect to a WiFi network I can see my zeroed out mac address at the bottom. If I try to connect to a 5G wifi network or 2.4G one it says "Connecting" and then just displays "Saved" under the selected network. It doesn't ever connect. I checked one 5G network and two different 2.4G networks, triple-checking the password each time.
In "settings>about phone>status>WiFi MAC address" I also see 00:00:00:00:00:00.
I checked /system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal file and the attribute there seems normal:
Code:
macaddr=00:90:4c:c5:12:38
I've seen in a thread concernig a different phone that some people advise to put the desired mac address into a /system/etc/wifi/.mac_info file and reboot but this doesn't work (might be dumb to even try that but it didn't hurt so I gave it a shot).

I wanted to try working around the issue using a mac address changer app off of Play Store but I can't connect to any Google Account (in the settings or any Google app), even on the cellular data - seems like the authentication looks at my mac and doesn't like it.
I considered finding and sideloading an apk of some mac address changer app, but that's doesn't seem like a viable solution - people say it only works temporarily and I'm not even sure if that will fool Play Store authentication if it really does rely on mac add somehow.

1. Any ideas where else the system might be pulling that 00:00:00:00:00:00 from or where the mac is missing?
  2. Does fixing the mac issue might also fix the Google Services authentication problem?

Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I had the same problem.
While in TWRP go to Advanced, then select Terminal
type this command:

keep in mind that there's a space before if and before of, like below replaced with underscores:
dd_if=/dev/zero_of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/fota

Also, the soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/ part might be different in your case. If after typing the above command you'll get an error saying that there's no such file, type these commands:

And it will tell you if you have soc.0 or something else. Then type (if you had something else than soc.0 in the previous step, replace soc.0 with what it told you)

and you'll see what you have instead of f9824900.sdhci

Once you know what you have instead of soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/, just type that command again replacing that section:

If you don't get an error, just reboot the phone and it will go into the system.

I found this solution here and adjusted it a bit:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

That's why

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/

exists. It's always pointing to the correct SOC path. ;)

Reactions: Derpthunder

Derpthunder

Feb 19, 2018
That's why

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/

exists. It's always pointing to the correct SOC path. ;)

Thanks, I edited the post to add the correction.
#EDIT: I don't quite remember if I actually overwrote the fota or the misc to get out of booting into TWRP loop. The G2 and G5 threads advise to overwrite the misc and the G3 one to overwrite fota. Is there a difference?
Plus, I added this since it turned out that my mac problem was due to that exact fix I recommended:

#EDIT: Ok, so funnily enough, me helping the guy above also risked having him screw his mac address up the same way I describe as a separate problem below Looks like we need to adjust he process below to our model:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...0&postcount=12
Sorry for being clumsily underqualified, everyone.
#EDIT2: A better and easier solution that might work for us:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...g-ota-t2907508

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3vjolGj.png

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

**** These builds are for UsU'd devices only ****
    UsU? http://bit.do/unlockg4

Get your builds from my leech service
    http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/aoscp/nougat/h815-UsU/

Note: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    The current build is the latest for your device.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
    - Status bar Customization
    • - Changeable icons
    • - Quick pulldown
    • - Smart pulldown
    • - Notification count
    • - Clock position
    • - Seconds in clock
    • - Date design
    - Quick Settings
    • - Brightness slider
    • - Brightness icon
    • - Tile tap customization
    - System
    • - Screenshot partial and full
    • - Scrolling cache customization
    • - Power menu customization
    • - One-handed mode
    - Specials
    • - UsU compatible build so no need for a baseband package to be flashed!
    • - Using latest TITAN kernel sources

Requirements
    • Your device need to be unlocked by UsU
    • Your bootloader stack should be on MM (see FAQ #20 for how to upgrade your bootloader stack)
    • Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click
    • Clean modem partition (so no UsU baseband flashed) - see Installation topic for details

Installation
    1. If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition in TWRP:
      - TWRP flashable N modem (recommended)
    2. Full wipe like described here (click & go to FAQ "#zzz") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    3. Flash AOSCP
    4. Flash GApps (7.1 - ARM64) if you like to use google apps
    5. Flash SuperSU / Magisk if you want root
    6. Boot (will take long on first boot!)
    7. Enjoy

Credits
    • LineageOS
    • AICP
    • PureNexus
    • AOKP
    • Dirty Unicorns
    • Paranoid Android
    • kessaras
    • steadfasterX
    • and more..

Sources
    What am i doing wrong? my device is an H815T unlocked through FWUL/SALT (virtualbox) . I data format through TWRP then reboot to Fastboot and from H815T20g_00_1023.kdz, i have already extracted [ factory_753664.bin,hyp_235520.bin,modem modem_32768.bin,pmic_229376.bin,rpm_236544.bin,sbl1_230400.bin,sdi_234496.bin,sec_376832.bin,tz_232448.bin]. Flash all of the files through fastboot , then on TWRP i flash N modem G4_29a_N_modem_UsU.zip, Flash AOSCP , reboot , the screen shows 5 color dots rotating within each other (N welcome screen;] on and on and on ....
    Checked mainboard says LGh815_MAIN , tried when i acquired the phone to officially unlock the phone but lg recognized my device as an H815T device and wont unlock bootloader

Your H815T20g_00_1023.kdz could have been extracted in SALT, to avoid any errors you might have run into doing your extractions in fastboot. If you didn't create a SALT backup of your MM kdz in the first place , do the complete extraction of the MM kdz in SALT and use the modem.bin file from there.

Do not flash the G4_29a_N_modem_UsU.zip this time, only flash the modem.bin file from your MM extraction, after you have flashed the rom, ensuring that before flashing the rom, in TWRP, you have wiped System, Cache, Dalvik cache and most importantly that you have done a format Data.
    In requirements section it says that I must have a bootloader stack on MM

The process is ALWAYS as follows:

1) full TWRP backup
    2) flash ROM
    3) test and if not satisfied or getting a bootloop restore the TWRP backup