[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] NCyanogenMod 11 for L7II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

airidosas252

Mar 22, 2014
Šiauliai
Good to see, that P710's development still going strong. Too bad I can't try your work. My fingers itch pretty bad for this reason. :D anyway, good luck in the future!

DS_katauri

Dec 22, 2014
Kyiv
Hello. For all of you. Please tell me the model number and exactly what happened. ALSO LAST_KMSG log please. I will look for the problem this weekend ( no time ).
Logcat attached.
Sorry now havent last kmsg,will try to get it later.
Code:
C:\adb4.44>adb shell
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nroot@P713:/ # su
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nroot@P713:/ # cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
sh: cat: /proc/last_kmsg: No such file or directory
1|root@P713:/ #
Changed max clock to 1008,seems no problems for now.

upd:Stuck at lockscreen,another log attached.So stuck even not reacts to adb reboot recovery.And hot=) so hot=)
upd:and,who knows,how to add Torch tile? it was in CM10.2 and in Weritos CM11 builds,but now app works there is no tile in list.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    227.1 KB · Views: 4
  • freeze.txt
    369.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

MustangBR

Dec 27, 2014
Hello. For all of you. Please tell me the model number and exactly what happened. ALSO LAST_KMSG log please. I will look for the problem this weekend ( no time ).

L7II P716 dual sim.

It's strange is really random reboot. I coudn't identify any causes to tell you. Just I see sometimes when I'm using the "UC Browser" and I press power button and the phone is inactive for a few minutes the rebboot happens. It happened a few minutes ago, two reboots with Uc Browser open and device inaticve. Logs Bellow. But there have been a few times that the device reboot without any reason. :(

The rest is perfect. No overheating in the device, he's cold / normal. The battery for moderate use (whatts, internet, mobile data and GPS activated) has down only 50% with 11-12 hours of use is amazing.

:good:

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
@neutrondev what happened to your cm-12.1 builds for our vee 7? The thread was closed so I assumed all development is stopping over there.

On cm12.1 yes since it doesn't have dual support. If i ever will, I will do cm13 (i doubt). This is my last project for a long while at least. I have bigger projects to focus on (not android related) and I am a single person so time is a big issue. I am sorry. :(. If I just had more hands and more computers at my disposal.

Reactions: nicknitewolf

nicknitewolf

Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2013
Singapore
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 7a
On cm12.1 yes since it doesn't have dual support. If i ever will, I will do cm13 (i doubt). This is my last project for a long while at least. I have bigger projects to focus on (not android related) and I am a single person so time is a big issue. I am sorry. :(. If I just had more hands and more computers at my disposal.

Anyways I am really grateful that you came back to the scene. I was really disheartened when you wanted to discontinue this project last year

nicknitewolf

Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2013
Singapore
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 7a
Well for sure if this is not my last cm13 will be :(. No time. I doubt I will do cm13 but there is a chance :).

By any chance do you still have your cm-12 repo? I might take a look and try to build cm-13 (so many repos in your cm-11 acct). I've also noticed that my vee7 display does not light up when trying to wake up the device.

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
By any chance do you still have your cm-12 repo? I might take a look and try to build cm-13 (so many repos in your cm-11 acct). I've also noticed that my vee7 display does not light up when trying to wake up the device.

I deleted that. But you can find semi-updated cm13 repo here https://github.com/Cyanogenmod13Vee7

EDIT: CM 13 is more complicated because they changed the way internal and external are mounted, and we are using dev/fuse filesystem. I think it needs kernel updated. Didn't really look into it, but it needs some work to start.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicknitewolf

nicknitewolf

Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2013
Singapore
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 7a
I deleted that. But you can find semi-updated cm13 repo here https://github.com/Cyanogenmod13Vee7

EDIT: CM 13 is more complicated because they changed the way internal and external are mounted, and we are using dev/fuse filesystem. I think it needs kernel updated. Didn't really look into it, but it needs some work to start.

cm-13 mounts the external sd card very differently so well. Anyways, which kernel are you currently using? There are two repos which I am assuming you are trying one of them...

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest

dvdhngs

Jul 19, 2013
someone could tell me the software you use to build/edit android rom?
I wanna learn and who knows if I can help too.

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
someone could tell me the software you use to build/edit android rom?
I wanna learn and who knows if I can help too.

Again I kindly ask all to keep this CM11 related. Just bugs and stuff about this rom. I am not using software. You don't build android with "software". You need to know C/C++/JAVA/Bash/Android workspace. You need just an editor and knowledge. You compile it like a program (basically, a huge one). It is not an easy task anyway. Good luck. Google is your friend. That's how I started out.

dvdhngs

Jul 19, 2013
Again I kindly ask all to keep this CM11 related. Just bugs and stuff about this rom. I am not using software. You don't build android with "software". You need to know C/C++/JAVA/Bash/Android workspace. You need just an editor and knowledge. You compile it like a program (basically, a huge one). It is not an easy task anyway. Good luck. Google is your friend. That's how I started out.

Ok, understood, thank you, now I have a direction!
Already know C/C++, java almost nothing, others lang I going search.
I just asked about software because saw android kitchen, but you openned my eyes.
One more time, thanks! For awsering and roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

All bug reports that don't meet this conditions will be ignored:
    • You have the kernel provided in the zip file
    • You made a clean flash and didn't restore anything
    • You made a detailed review of the problem
    • You provide a logcat in a .txt file (Search internet)
    • You provide dmesg or last_kmsg if it is a kernel panic (Search internet)

What's working :
    • Booting
    • RIL and Mobile Data
    • Dual-Sim
    • Storages (Internal and External)
    • Notification Led
    • Flashlight
    • Sound
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Tethering (BT, Wi-Fi, USB)
    • Sensors
    • Video playback
    • Camera
    • Browser

What's not working :
    • NFC (causes instability)
    • Fm Radio
    • Cpu Governors SmartassV2 and H3 causing instability
    • Other stuff that is not here
    • I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING CM CAMERA (it can stuck and you need to restart); USE OpenCamera INSTEAD!!!
    • Care with volume. Lower until no cracking sound is present

Instructions :
    • Reboot to the latest TWRP/CWM/Philz
    • Make a full wipe (/system, /data, /cache, /dalvik-cache, /internal storage)
    • Flash the CM11 zip
    • Flash the four_button.zip (if you have dual)
    • Make factory reset
    • Reboot to system
    • Flash Gapps (if you want) => you need to test which work. Flash pico please or you will have crashes. You need to test this. FLASH ONLY AFTER FIRST BOOT
      You can also flash Gapps before booting (after CM11) but if you know how to skip initialization screen (the clockwise press trick). If you don't know what I am talking about, don't ask use the flash after first boot method.

You will not have a setup wizard because I am using INIT to set device model. Please use settings to set up your stuff.

Downloads :
    ROM:
    cm-11-20160306-UNOFFICIAL-vee7-RC3.zip
    md5: 95b61238767d250a06891461ef4a7882

four_button.:
    four_button_RC3.zip
    md5: 0c03597aa15338f1362c26d44f52d5d6

Credits :
    @Dazzozo
    @luca020400
    @skyinfo
    @weritos
    @Caio99BR
    @Kra1o5
    @fonz93
    TeamHackLg
    CyanogenMod
    Xda for this nice home

Donators (BIG THANKS!!!) :
    @vlmaxx

The source code is entirely available here: https://github.com/Cyanogenmod11-vee7

XDA:DevDB Information
    NCyanogenMod 11, ROM for the LG Optimus L7 II

Contributors
    neutrondev
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 11

Version Information

Created 2015-06-12
    Last Updated 2015-06-12
    Reserved

Changelog:

RC3(06-03-2016)
    Fm needs to much work and I don't have time; reverted that
    reverted overclock causes problems
    removed kernel stuff that caused instability
    visual performance should be better now
    removed hwcomposer
    removed vsync ( we don't support that )
    added headphones image when headphone is plugged
    added the flashlight thing in drop-down menu
    fixed blue video in camera

RC2(27-02-2016)
    Initial commits for FM radio
    Kernel changes:
    fixed memory leaks in ext4
    improved ext4 speed
    added frontswap
    limited max readahead to 1MB
    improved response of the UI
    added sio, sioplus, bfq, fiops, row I/O
    changed default I/O to sio (best for our device)
    dynamic read-ahead support
    3 times faster integer SQRT operation
    frandom entropy (way faster then urandom)
    removed useless 320 KHz freq from CPU (more aggressive scaling, to be more responsive)
    overclocked to 1036 GHz
    Enabled ZCACHE
    Enabled ZRAM

RC1 (26-02-2016)
    reworked device tree, kernel tree entirely
    now all is united under vee7
    baseband search to set version
    camera now compiled from source (focus while in video mode works); the restriction is still clear. no pause on videos
    speed should be improved
    battery drain should be gone
    dual sim most likely fixed (needs confirmation)
    enabled ZRAM
    enabled ZCHACE

Beta 2 (19-06-2015)
    [fixed] Browser
    [fixed] Camera
    [fixed] GPS, was not locking right
    [observed] Battery drain

Beta 1 (12-06-2015) -> not public
    [fixed] entire sound
    [fixed] browser crash
    [added] dual-sim support
    [updated] RIL area

Alpha 2 (11-06-2015) -> not public
    [fixed] internal storage
    [fixed] part of sound
    [fixed] flashlight
    [working on] camera

Alpha 1 (08-06-2015) -> not public

Initial bringup
    Hello guys. Since my unbrick tutorial is ready. Now @Caio99BR will also help me with this. Tomorrow I restart work on this ROM. PEACE OUT!
    My exams are over and I entered. Soon I will get back to work as I promised to finish this project even if I have another phone now. Also I will be making a tutorial to restore a hard-brick or a flash or p705 (like some did and destroyed bootloaders) on our L7 II series (thanks to 4pad forum). All the best.
    Beta 3 is out with a little delay. I am very busy. @vlmaxx flash this please and from post #3 do instrutions for dual-sim tell me if it works. Enjoy guys.