Search This thread

Arc android

1620469398581.png

Your data is YOUR data!

We build desirable, open source,​

privacy-enabled smartphone operating systems.​

We are /e

/e/
    (formerly Eelo) is a free and open-source Android-based mobile operating system and associated online services.[1] The operating system is a fork of LineageOS and Android.[2] The custom firmware is developed by the /e/ Foundation, which was founded by French entrepreneur Gaël Duval. /e/ is presented as privacy software that does not contain proprietary Google apps or services,[3] and challenges the public to "find any parts of the system or default applications that are still leaking data to Google.

Screenshots:

1614579013998.png

1614580118940.png

DOWNLOADS :

espresso 3g - https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313856

espressowifi - https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313857

I HAVE NO ROLL IN DEVELOPMENT OF THIS ROM. I'M JUST SHARING IT.

CREDITS
    :
    pjmbraet ( for requesting our device )
    Android-Andi ( the creator of this ROM )

ROM OS VERSION : nougat 7.1.2
    ROM KERNEL : Linux 3.0

Install this ROM via TWRP 3.3.0 2
    Older versions might give error 7

Last edited by a moderator:

Miraba

Mar 6, 2009
    Hi there,
    I tried it. For some reason, I get a strange effect where the UI "freezes" after a touch (to open an app, for example), and wil only "unfreeze" if I constantly touch the screen (like passing the finger around to produce events). Only then the app opens. It happens also when operating the UI inside an open app (not just the launcher).

I was wondering if @Android-Andi would consider releasing a 6.0.1 version of e foundation. I consider it to be a great project. Would be a shame not to be able to use it with this old 7" tab.

Mighty

• Mar 17, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Hi there,
    I tried it. For some reason, I get a strange effect where the UI "freezes" after a touch (to open an app, for example), and wil only "unfreeze" if I constantly touch the screen (like passing the finger around to produce events). Only then the app opens. It happens also when operating the UI inside an open app (not just the launcher).

I was wondering if @Android-Andi would consider releasing a 6.0.1 version of e foundation. I consider it to be a great project. Would be a shame not to be able to use it with this old 7" tab.
    Nope /e/ needs android 7 and up so no /e/ with android 6

Miraba

Mar 6, 2009
    Nope /e/ needs android 7 and up so no /e/ with android 6
    Fair enough, and thanks for the heads up. I end up formatting everything again (data, system, internal, cache, dalvik) and it's better now. I thought it could be the launcher, but installed another (very minimal footprint) and it didn't help.
    Any way, already installed e foundation on my Tab 2 and Samsung S4 Value Edition (jfvelte) and couldn't be happier.

Now I need to find out how to request it for Le Max 2 (x820).

Thanks a lot!

Mighty

• Mar 17, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    No, there have been performance issues with /e/ rom for tab 2, the forum link also has people complaining about it suddenly being slow :( even after reflashing, idk if this is /e/ specific issue or just a tab 2 issue (but other roms dont have such problem?). The tab is pretty old and the sources as well are old now, dunno what can be done except using 6.0 roms for stability

Arc android

• Fair enough, and thanks for the heads up. I end up formatting everything again (data, system, internal, cache, dalvik) and it's better now. I thought it could be the launcher, but installed another (very minimal footprint) and it didn't help.
    Any way, already installed e foundation on my Tab 2 and Samsung S4 Value Edition (jfvelte) and couldn't be happier.

Thanks a lot!
    Hey ! You want to speed up your e ROM ??? Use this formula by Puck ( it didn't work for me anyway but it might work for you ) : https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&s...o7QBegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2TC731CNrqGavmjTg6meJj

Seems like you requested your device. Good !!!

Reactions: Mighty
    No, there have been performance issues with /e/ rom for tab 2, the forum link also has people complaining about it suddenly being slow :( even after reflashing, idk if this is /e/ specific issue or just a tab 2 issue (but other roms dont have such problem?). The tab is pretty old and the sources as well are old now, dunno what can be done except using 6.0 roms for stability
    No, all android 7 has same issue. Well, it's prehistoric device, what did you expect?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Fair enough, and thanks for the heads up. I end up formatting everything again (data, system, internal, cache, dalvik) and it's better now. I thought it could be the launcher, but installed another (very minimal footprint) and it didn't help.

Thanks a lot!
      Hey ! You want to speed up your e ROM ??? Use this formula by Puck ( it didn't work for me anyway but it might work for you ) : https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&s...o7QBegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2TC731CNrqGavmjTg6meJj

Seems like you requested your device. Good !!!
      Thread moved !!!! Thank you Badger50 !!!!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone