[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] NucleaROM Nougat for Moto X Style(pure)

Search This thread

antariksh

Feb 8, 2012
Mumbai
antariksh.dev
WHAle6.png

/* Disclaimer
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
* if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* BOOM! goes the dynamite
*/

Hi XDA community, we are proud to present our vision of LineageOS with features that we think are useful. Hope you enjoy our builds as much as we do. The main goal of Nuclear Team is to provide a clean and fast ROM with nice, minimal and useful features.

LaxjN7.png

• Based on LineageOS 14.1 by @Hashbang173
• Built for Stock Nougat Kernel and Modem
• Android version 7.1.2_r29
• Optimized for fast app opening and disabled lot of debugging
• Nuclear Settings
• Customizable status bar (Clock position, Date, Network Indicators, Battery style and such)
• Gestures Anywhere
• Switch To Hide SuperSU from Status Bar
Ambient Display (Pick-up and Hand wave)
• Network traffic indicator
Three finger swipe to screenshot
• Show CPU info
• DT2S everywhere on lockscreen
• Options to modify Dash board/Quick Settings (Number of columns)
• Option to disable warning color on Low Battery
• OmniSwitch
• Option to reset Battery history stats
• Enhanced dialer with smart call feature
• MicroG and signature spoofing support to use the ROM without GApps
• Enhanced system animation scale sliders in developer options
• Screen pinning selection in recents
• Show current and new version in package installer
• Option to disable screenshot sound
• More volume steps
• Substratum and Magisk tile in dashboard (if installed)
• QS tiles animations and row/columns configuration
• Alert slider modified with more options
Wakeblock app support and baked into rom's zip ( more info Here ) all credits for @GioBozza
• Launcher3 with Google now gesture and icon support
• Exclusive NucleaRom wallpaper app
• AOSPA color engine (Accent color)
• All LineageOS goodies

lv2WFm.png

Known Bugs:
Initial Release. But I couldn't find any.

-If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, and is not a known issue with CM,
please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you time, as well as us.

- Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
- After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
- Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
- As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
- Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
- Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
- You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

sYicQX.png

If you have flashed any third-party module and experiencing instability or whatever then please don't submit any bug report. You will be ignored.

hjShAA.png

First install (clean Flash) (If you come from another ROM or another Android version)

× Read the whole OP and make sure that you understand what is written here.
× Make a nandroid backup (optional but always recommended)
× Install Custom Unofficial TWRP
× Download Latest ROM
× Download 7.1 arm64 GApps
× Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache
× Flash Latest build for your device
× Flash ROM
× Flash GApps (optional)
× Flash your preferred Root method (optional)
× Reboot​

Important note:

× Upon first boot, Disable the 'wakeblock' app. Device is safe to use after that.
× For safer side, you can permanently remove it by deleting /system/app/wakeblock folder.​

Updating:

× For now, Uninstall Magisk (if installed)
× Flash Latest Build
× Wipe Cache, Dalvik-Cache
× Reboot
× Install Magisk (optional)​

Goodluck, Have Fun and Enjoy!

hDTX4R.png

LineageOS
@Hashbang173
@acuicultor
Lord Boeffla
Temasek
Ak
ResurrectionRemix
Aicp
Aospextended
XDA
Flar2
Grarak
Koenkk
nvertigo
GioBozza
Nuclear Team & testers
And a very special thanks to TugaPower
Anyone I might have forgotten (please let me know)

f1hqii.png

Main devs are @Moludo, @lozo2010, @Ordenkrieger and @acuicultor is the kernel Dev.
Telegram support chat:HERE

If you want to buy us a beer/coffee you can donate Here all donations will serve to improve the rom.

Thanks to all donors!!!!
@AlkaliV2

Please when do a donation tell your xda nickname in paypal message so i can give you proper credits here. Thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
NucleaROM for Moto X Style/Pure (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
antariksh, Hashbang173
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat 7.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Initial Release
Beta Release Date: 2018-01-01

Created 2018-01-01
Last Updated 2018-03-03

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180101-215430.jpg
    Screenshot_20180101-215430.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 7,142
  • Screenshot_20180101-215448.png
    Screenshot_20180101-215448.png
    180 KB · Views: 7,148
  • Screenshot_20180101-221253.png
    Screenshot_20180101-221253.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 7,042
  • Screenshot_20180101-215511.png
    Screenshot_20180101-215511.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 6,829
  • Screenshot_20180101-215501.png
    Screenshot_20180101-215501.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 6,486
  • Screenshot_20180101-215536.png
    Screenshot_20180101-215536.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 6,308
  • Screenshot_20180101-215524.png
    Screenshot_20180101-215524.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 6,131
  • Screenshot_20180101-221312.jpg
    Screenshot_20180101-221312.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 6,154
Last edited:

ccic2491

Jun 3, 2012
Charlotte
This looks awesome and I'm trying to install it but every time I try to wipe the old ROM, the phone just reboots. I'm on the Carbon by obsolete1, any ideas?

acyd

Dec 27, 2009
ROM has been pretty stable for me, good amount of customization without overkill.

Performance is snappy, about equal to Hashbang's LOS that this is based on but with similar bugs, I'm guessing likely kernel & modem related:

• Wifi-Calling being on still causes silence when a call connects (Simple Mobile). Also makes me think that having it off is causing a lot of calls to go straight to voicemail instead of ringing.. could be coincidence
• Had the no notification/ringers/alarms bug initially but swapping my own sound files in, giving them the proper permissions, reboot with a dalvik & cache clear and it worked again (before on LOS and I think RR I had to replace audio xml files for it to work which i think caused new different audio related issues)
• Usual slow camera, flashlight bugs, no big deal

Really interested in the MicroG features and curios whether something has to be done in the ROM specifically to set it up. Would it improve battery life enough to go through the trouble?

Dioser

Oct 20, 2010
• Had the no notification/ringers/alarms bug initially but swapping my own sound files in, giving them the proper permissions, reboot with a dalvik & cache clear and it worked again (before on LOS and I think RR I had to replace audio xml files for it to work which i think caused new different audio related issues)

I dont have this issue on NR. Funny enough. I did om rest.

I see no real hickups. All working here. Full pulldown on notifacation/ followed by edit, will freeze a sec, and go back to home screen, but just once each time - no biggie. Just a edit problem, once set up np.
But would like to see an option to see ram usage in recent, not just omni, no fan of omni Lol personal prefference. Absolut not a must, just so used to have it there.
Other than this GJ, new dayly driver. Ty. :highfive:

If my help can be used for some, just throw a holla OP :good:

Reactions: acyd and antariksh

antariksh

Feb 8, 2012
Mumbai
antariksh.dev
ROM has been pretty stable for me, good amount of customization without overkill.

Performance is snappy, about equal to Hashbang's LOS that this is based on but with similar bugs, I'm guessing likely kernel & modem related:

• Wifi-Calling being on still causes silence when a call connects (Simple Mobile). Also makes me think that having it off is causing a lot of calls to go straight to voicemail instead of ringing.. could be coincidence
• Usual slow camera, flashlight bugs, no big deal

Really interested in the MicroG features and curios whether something has to be done in the ROM specifically to set it up. Would it improve battery life enough to go through the trouble?

Thank for the feedback.
Link me your audio files, I'll take a look and compare if anything is missing.
ROM boot and works without GApps. I have been installing test builds without GApps. You just have to manually install each apk and restore contacts.
Only thing that affects battery when using ROM with GApps is Location History, you can turn it off. Also you can disable Google Assistant so it won't run background processes to detect OK Google. It would get you almost similar battery life, as using without it.
As for WiFi-Calling, I don't think so we have that in India, so I can't test or even try to debug.

Reactions: cmahendra

antariksh

Feb 8, 2012
Mumbai
antariksh.dev
I dont have this issue on NR. Funny enough. I did om rest.

I see no real hickups. All working here. Full pulldown on notifacation/ followed by edit, will freeze a sec, and go back to home screen, but just once each time - no biggie. Just a edit problem, once set up np.
But would like to see an option to see ram usage in recent, not just omni, no fan of omni Lol personal prefference. Absolut not a must, just so used to have it there.
Other than this GJ, new dayly driver. Ty. :highfive:

If my help can be used for some, just throw a holla OP :good:

Sure, Thanks. I just started getting into this stuff, so I'll try to get as much as help from the community itself.
Umm.. RAM usage in Recent? Have you seen any other ROM with that feature? It will be good for some reference, if am attempting to do that.

Dioser

Oct 20, 2010
Sure, Thanks. I just started getting into this stuff, so I'll try to get as much as help from the community itself.
Umm.. RAM usage in Recent? Have you seen any other ROM with that feature? It will be good for some reference, if am attempting to do that.

RR have this feature m8. Likewise CR. So my guess is most los. But cant seem to find it anywhere here. Went it all through step by step.
But its not a must in any kind.
Ill go look for the settings in RR also if you need med to?
I have no device with RR atm, but an s5 with CR nougat. I guess its maybe an aosp recents? Says so in CR recent screen settings, if any help. Have no SD card back before tomorow, and ill then reflash RR and screen the settings. Ill add two of CR settings. Its on Sgs5 though, but they look the same, and had the same on the xt1572 RR/CR
Im no developer my self.
But done some dif testing back in the days with insanity and slim. :) those days. So by me saying holla if need help, is could you test this for me, then OFC!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180104-134740.png
    Screenshot_20180104-134740.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 360
  • Screenshot_20180104-134752.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-134752.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Reactions: antariksh

antariksh

Feb 8, 2012
Mumbai
antariksh.dev
RR have this feature m8. Likewise CR. So my guess is most los. But cant seem to find it anywhere here. Went it all through step by step.
But its not a must in any kind.
Ill go look for the settings in RR also if you need med to?
I have no device with RR atm, but an s5 with CR nougat. I guess its maybe an aosp recents? Says so in CR recent screen settings, if any help. Have no SD card back before tomorow, and ill then reflash RR and screen the settings. Ill add two of CR settings. Its on Sgs5 though, but they look the same, and had the same on the xt1572 RR/CR
Im no developer my self.
But done some dif testing back in the days with insanity and slim. :) those days. So by me saying holla if need help, is could you test this for me, then OFC!

I also have RR Unofficial build released in other thread. I'll check out. Thanks :D

sm3691

Jan 29, 2011
Hi
Thanks alot for your great work on this smooth rom
The only issue that i have until now is the recent button that coudnt be changeable , its gray and i can't change that split screen to another function

Last edited:

stevejohnson42

Dec 7, 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
Low on anyones priority.. but has anyone tried this rom with Fly Delta app to access their Delta account ?

I have reports it will work on stock nougat rom for clark.. I have mm modem , have never installed stock N.. but no custom N rom I have tried for clark will it work on

Thanks

acyd

Dec 27, 2009
Thank for the feedback.
Link me your audio files, I'll take a look and compare if anything is missing.
ROM boot and works without GApps. I have been installing test builds without GApps. You just have to manually install each apk and restore contacts.
Only thing that affects battery when using ROM with GApps is Location History, you can turn it off. Also you can disable Google Assistant so it won't run background processes to detect OK Google. It would get you almost similar battery life, as using without it.
As for WiFi-Calling, I don't think so we have that in India, so I can't test or even try to debug.

Thanks for your work on this and reply. What audio files are you referring to? I just have my own ogg & wav files which i put into the subdirectories in /system/meda/audio and delete the stock ones, change permissions and go from there.

Regarding the MicroG, my most recent knowledge is from here: https://lineage.microg.org/#instructions which mentions a MicroG settings app that masks itself sets up "google" services for the apps that require it. GCM etc. That's what I was looking for but didn't find here so was just wondering :cool: It's open-source as far as I know, would it be possible to include in some future version of the ROM?

Another bug I've had recently is phone calls not waking the screen.

Reactions: antariksh

chandruilkal

Jun 27, 2009
I am absolutely happy with the ROM. Not finding anything wrong. Being a moderate user I feel Nuclea works perfectly. A small glitch while opening camera. It takes a bit more time than usual. Otherwise no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WHAle6.png

/* Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! goes the dynamite
    */

Hi XDA community, we are proud to present our vision of LineageOS with features that we think are useful. Hope you enjoy our builds as much as we do. The main goal of Nuclear Team is to provide a clean and fast ROM with nice, minimal and useful features.

LaxjN7.png

• Based on LineageOS 14.1 by @Hashbang173
    • Built for Stock Nougat Kernel and Modem
    • Android version 7.1.2_r29
    • Optimized for fast app opening and disabled lot of debugging
    • Nuclear Settings
    • Customizable status bar (Clock position, Date, Network Indicators, Battery style and such)
    • Gestures Anywhere
    • Switch To Hide SuperSU from Status Bar
    Ambient Display (Pick-up and Hand wave)
    • Network traffic indicator
    Three finger swipe to screenshot
    • Show CPU info
    • DT2S everywhere on lockscreen
    • Options to modify Dash board/Quick Settings (Number of columns)
    • Option to disable warning color on Low Battery
    • OmniSwitch
    • Option to reset Battery history stats
    • Enhanced dialer with smart call feature
    • MicroG and signature spoofing support to use the ROM without GApps
    • Enhanced system animation scale sliders in developer options
    • Screen pinning selection in recents
    • Show current and new version in package installer
    • Option to disable screenshot sound
    • More volume steps
    • Substratum and Magisk tile in dashboard (if installed)
    • QS tiles animations and row/columns configuration
    • Alert slider modified with more options
    Wakeblock app support and baked into rom's zip ( more info Here ) all credits for @GioBozza
    • Launcher3 with Google now gesture and icon support
    • Exclusive NucleaRom wallpaper app
    • AOSPA color engine (Accent color)
    • All LineageOS goodies

lv2WFm.png

Known Bugs:
    Initial Release. But I couldn't find any.

-If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, and is not a known issue with CM,
    please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you time, as well as us.

- Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    - After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    - Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    - As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    - Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    - Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    - You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

sYicQX.png

If you have flashed any third-party module and experiencing instability or whatever then please don't submit any bug report. You will be ignored.

hjShAA.png

First install (clean Flash) (If you come from another ROM or another Android version)

× Read the whole OP and make sure that you understand what is written here.
    × Make a nandroid backup (optional but always recommended)
    × Install Custom Unofficial TWRP
    × Download Latest ROM
    × Download 7.1 arm64 GApps
    × Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache
    × Flash Latest build for your device
    × Flash ROM
    × Flash GApps (optional)
    × Flash your preferred Root method (optional)
    × Reboot​

Important note:

× Upon first boot, Disable the 'wakeblock' app. Device is safe to use after that.
    × For safer side, you can permanently remove it by deleting /system/app/wakeblock folder.​

Updating:

× For now, Uninstall Magisk (if installed)
    × Flash Latest Build
    × Wipe Cache, Dalvik-Cache
    × Reboot
    × Install Magisk (optional)​

Goodluck, Have Fun and Enjoy!

hDTX4R.png

LineageOS
    @Hashbang173
    @acuicultor
    Lord Boeffla
    Temasek
    Ak
    ResurrectionRemix
    Aicp
    Aospextended
    XDA
    Flar2
    Grarak
    Koenkk
    nvertigo
    GioBozza
    Nuclear Team & testers
    And a very special thanks to TugaPower
    Anyone I might have forgotten (please let me know)

f1hqii.png

Main devs are @Moludo, @lozo2010, @Ordenkrieger and @acuicultor is the kernel Dev.
    Telegram support chat:HERE

If you want to buy us a beer/coffee you can donate Here all donations will serve to improve the rom.

Thanks to all donors!!!!
    @AlkaliV2

Please when do a donation tell your xda nickname in paypal message so i can give you proper credits here. Thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
    NucleaROM for Moto X Style/Pure (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    antariksh, Hashbang173
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat 7.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Initial Release
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-01

Created 2018-01-01
    Last Updated 2018-03-03
    @antariksh Do you have somewhere I could make a donation?

I appreciate it. But am not a senior developer and am still learning. A simple thanks button motivates me as much as the donation. :D
    Thanks.
    Maybe I'll set up a donation link later in the future :p
    Consider this as my excitement! xDD
    Doing this because everyone does it. :D
    Minor Update

ROM Link (Updated in OP)

Changelog:
    Added Switch to disable blank network icon
    Added Memory Bar in Recents Screen (Nuclear Settings > Clear All >Show Memory Bar)
    Recent Lineage repo merge

Installation Instruction:
    There's no major update so I recommend you to dirty flash
    Just flash the ROM zip.
    Important: On the first boot, Remove the wakblock app from system/app search for 'wakeblock' and also in data/app search for 'com.giovannibozzano.wakeblock' (You can root the ROM but don't restart with wakeblock granter SU permission. Disable/Force Stop first)
    Restart.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone