[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] NucleaROM Nougat for Moto X Style(pure)

Search This thread

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
hi first post here I guess, I already rooted and unlocked bootloader in my pure/Clark/style Moto after reading and taking note here and there, so im still quite noob, I'm on Nougat modem, the question is, can I install this rom on Nougat?? thanks in advance

Hi,
Kind of hard to understand if your saying you've got a XT1575 - Pure, or a XT1572 - Style device?
None the less, both devices will work on the NucleaROM (possibly the only Custom ROM) that can work on the variants (XT1572 - XT1575) of this device - not sure as I stayed here mostly using the NucleaROM.
Besides trying HashBangs Unofficial LOS Nougat Modem builds offered for Clark.

@AsquareX has already answered you, I'd like to point out-
NucleaROM - (root - g-apps), all are optional zips flashing for the two stable NucleaROM builds released, meaning their not inbuilt in it. As optional, you needn't flash either one if you choose, one or the other or both still being possible.
Super SU or Magisk for your root method of a choice in NucleaROM offered as well.

But- each stable NucleaROM version is built to use in only ONE TWRP version and having been matched up to it, of the two different TWRP Recoveries in each separate NucleaROM builds being offered and you've chosen to use. Meaning being and understood as, to mach up an Official TWRP versus "Custom Unofficial TWRP" version for your chosen NucleaROM built version and ONLY can be use with it. NucleaROM versions (two stables out) can't be MIS-Matched to the other TWRP version...

A simple Deeper understanding - the "Custom Unofficial TWRP" by HashBang, changes the partition files structure in some partitions and is usable with the NucleaROM file in our OP, as well in other Nougat modem based Custom ROMs.

[If you go with the OP's linked files their matched up and work well. Even that "Custom Unofficial TWRP" works with the link above "Nougat modem based Custom ROMs"
But- see down below to know about the other NucleaROM build version out also that's offered to you.]

Note: It's the Wakeblock app or the Wakeblock folder that is mandatory to do something with in the NucleaROM.
In disabling it's app in phone settings (Apps) after 1st. boot, or removing it's folder in NucleaROM's root directory via TWRP method before your very 1st boot into OS where you'd initially setup the OS

Otherwise it causes problems when using the NucleaROM in any device variant and to with either of the two NucleaROM builds you'd chosen to use.
Remove WakeBlock folder on NucleaROM install

FYI - Nuclea ROM Files
"After working with a user who' s flash wouldn't finish booting into the NucleaROM OS.
Seems that at least one OFFICIAL TWRP version, the twrp-3.2.1-0-clark is working with NucleaROM 20180325-0739.zip, in that NucleaROM build that moved everybody over to the Official TWRP builds for clarks on the NucleaROM. The latest Official TWRP build fails to work (possibly a few twrp builds before it - we didn't test them. and tried with the only one that I knew to work)..

It would benefit you to insure that it's this one https://dl.twrp.me/clark/twrp-3.2.1-0-clark.img.html
It's confirmed to work without a hitch for the NucleaROM 20180325-0739 build."

Troubles or need to ask a question - try searching for my user Name in this threads search box. More likely than not I've gave an answer already. Last 10 pages would be another way to look. Besides hoovering over my users Name and use "View Profile" to see my related posts for THIS THREAD.

I know it's a lot to understand at first especially for someone new, reading and coming back in rereading it again, does make it start to sink in and makes some sense as a mental picture starts to form.
My advice is to go with the OP's links and instructions at first and observe the Note: above or OP's "HOW TO INSTALL" with the {Important note:} there...
As an inexperienced first timer here.

You always have the option to ADB flash back to the "Official" "Stock" full factory firmware image of Nougat back on to your device and start over - making sure you have a correct variant of your stock Nougat build before doing so. (Seen in Settings > About Phone on stock Nougat OS. This will straighten out any problems that you've encountered and return the partitions file structure back to an original stock Nougat environment.
Moto X Pure Factory Firmware Nougat NPH25.200-22
Detailed guide and firmware files links

PS: Please click on my supplied links here-in or you'll miss out on much to understand... Sorry to be so detailed and I hope all of this helps.
Good luck and Welcome to the NucleaROM :)

Last edited:

HansVoralberg

Oct 19, 2018
Hi,
Kind of hard to understand if your saying you've got a XT1575 - Pure, or a XT1572 - Style device?
None the less, both devices will work on the NucleaROM (possibly the only Custom ROM) that can work on the variants (XT1572 - XT1575) of this device - not sure as I stayed here mostly using the NucleaROM.
Besides trying HashBangs Unofficial LOS Nougat Modem builds offered for Clark...

lol, still quite noob indeed, is XT1572 style device, thanks for the heads up:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: ResistanceIsFutile

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
lol, still quite noob indeed, is XT1572 style device, thanks for the heads up:good:

Then if ever wanting to go back to stock use the second link to locate your XT1572 official factory firmware - the guide there still will work as long as you have your proper image file for your device and region EU.
Not a US image for XT1575 it will not work and may cause troubles that makes you learn much about your phone before a need too. Best way to straighten out a bad TWRP flash or something acting weird on your device going back to a stock firmware image for it.

Detailed guide and firmware files links

In guide as it's ADB flashing commands are listed in the "code" box will lock or relock your bootloader - you don't want this if your going to TWRP flash another custom ROM at some point.
Start ADB flashing the firmware image that your device requires but note the two below commands to change in the flashing process.
Use these two separate following commands in place of the "TWO LOCK" commands in the ADB flashing sequence listed under the (code box) in the linked guides OP.

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
--IN REPLACING THAT OF-- fastboot oem lock begin
*** THE VERY FIRST COMMAND LISTED TO ENTER....

fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
--IN REPLACING THAT OF-- fastboot oem lock
*** THE SECOND UP FROM THE VERY LAST COMMAND LISTED TO ENTER....

It doesn't take all that long to ADB/Fastboot a stock firmware image - just making the time to do it, no more than 15 minutes tops if it goes smooth the first time - first boot into the OS can take what seems like a long time as files are written, 30 minutes long sometimes.

Watch the process to see if a command gets an OKAY or FAILED.
When you do the flashing commands and get a failed just retry the one command again right then, even up to 5 times trying that one command again...
You don't have to start everything all over - even if you still get a failed after a few tries continue on as their listed in order to the last command and see if it will boot to the stock Nougat OS afterwards = SUCCESS.

DID YOU KNOW:
A custom ROM usually only writes to a few partitions on your device, like-
/boot, /system and /data partitions.
Most if not all of the other partitions on your device are almost always intact being still of and to the (either factory or OTA OS update) stock OS build environment yet, containing your bootloader, firmware, settings etc.
That are not touched by a custom ROM in a TWRP flash.
Custom ROMs will never flash to all the partitions on a device like a stock Official Factory firmware ROM image does. ADB versus TWRP and a stock image is a complete image that needs ADB is why as I understand.
:cool: have fun experimenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevejohnson42

lip008

Mar 30, 2007
I've been using this ROM for quite some time. I think I downloaded it in the first few days that it was available. The device ran out of juice and shut down. Ever since that happened I can't get it to boot past my password lock. Device turns on, asks for my password, I enter it and hit ok, but then it just spins with the Nuclea startup. The device gets real hot so then I boot into recovery mode so it can be shut off. Anyone have any ideas?

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
I've been using this ROM for quite some time. I think I downloaded it in the first few days that it was available. The device ran out of juice and shut down. Ever since that happened I can't get it to boot past my password lock. Device turns on, asks for my password, I enter it and hit ok, but then it just spins with the Nuclea startup. The device gets real hot so then I boot into recovery mode so it can be shut off. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds a lot like just some of the troubles I've helped other NR users with concerning the Wakeblock app - folder.

Note:It's the wakeblock app or it's folder that is mandatory to do something with in NucleaROM.
In disabling it's app in phone settings (Apps) after 1st. boot, or removing it's folder in NucleaROM's root directory via TWRP method before your very 1st boot into OS where you initially setup the OS.

Delete Wakeblock folder from TWRP

A.I'd start with a complete fresh state - meaning ADB flashing your devices Official factory firmware image back to your device - 15 minutes tops for the flashing sequence and if everything goes smooth, though first boot may take 30 minutes as files are re-written. Your then back at a stock OS build environment with all original partitions file structure on your device, and can move on to B and C below.
See this post #575 for more info I didn't add here.

This correct firmware build can be generally understood by-
1. Get your phone and computer linked up by ADB.
[Phone off > press (vol dwn + power button) to enter Bootloader Mode) > hook your USB cable from PC to the phone > open a command prompt window from your ADB folder.] Run the ADB commands in administrative mode on W10.
2. Run a command > fastboot devices . . . to make sure.
3. Run a command > fastboot getvar ro.build.fingerprint
or
4. Run a command > fastboot getvar all
#4 gives all the information about firmware version, bootloader status, cid number, phone model id and all other data that a phone can give us.

@ the #3 resulting readout should be something as below (this is for my device) and I've (highlighted) the important parts related to my device - yours can vary some.
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/clark_retus/clark:7.0/NPH
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: S25.200-22-1/1:user/release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint: Done
Finished. Total time: 0.016s

I'm on a Custom Rom (NucleaROM) but, still I see the "7.0/NPH" and "S25.200-22-1/1" listed as my original Nougat build, with the correct region I need retus/clark.
Yours - as in the region shown will vary for both XT1570 - XT1572 devices, so observe this when looking for a correct original Factory Stock firmware image to flash back to.

Since I've took the OCT 2017 security patch OTA after taking the original Nougat OTA OS update, and may be why the "1/1" is also shown along with it.

I, you nor anyone may be able to find an exact match to a released / leaked official factory firmware image needed - that's okay as we won't want to lock / relock our bootloaders and that's not needed for custom ROM use.
Though, more than likely will be seen a "Preflash Validation Error" in your ADB flashing sequence, indicating such when you attempt to flash the partition table (gpt.bin).

Use each of the ADB commands, entering them only ONE AT A TIME, Do Not Just Copy and Paste the entire ADB flashing event section (code box) as one ADB command, or trying it in running some kind batch script.

This main ADB flashing process without being changed (as it's listed in the Guides "code box") will return your bootloader status to LOCKED.
Use these two separate following commands in place of the "TWO LOCK" commands in the ADB flashing sequence listed under the (code box) in this guides OP.

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
--IN REPLACING THAT OF-- fastboot oem lock begin
*** THE VERY FIRST COMMAND LISTED TO ENTER....

fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
--IN REPLACING THAT OF-- fastboot oem lock
*** THE SECOND UP FROM THE VERY LAST COMMAND LISTED TO ENTER...

In doing this stock Nougat image ADB flashing procedure, when done the logo shown when booting up will still say your bootloader is unlocked - Warning...
@ Fix this by downloading a tested and verified working logo.bin file and flash it.

Doing this ADB flash - will set the OEM Locking option in Developer options to disabled, although it is perfectly safe to leave it like this, it's advised turning it on immediately, if something does go wrong you'll have the ability to unlock again to fix it.

B.Download and ADB flash a TWRP Recovery version post #367 Do take a TWRP back-up of your Stock Nougat OS now and in before/after step C. below labeling Wakeblock and No Wakeblock or something of that extent for thoes backups.
TWRP backups will be taken to the devices internal partition and stored somewhere there, copy it to your PC in a new folder and move the entire TWRP Backup folder to an external SD card if you have one on your device as added storage.
Just a couple safety measures to ensure you'll always have access to them - if you keep them updated with any backups made.

C. Now use the link above in the Note "Delete Wakeblock folder from TWRP" and follow it.

I'm stopping here but, see the Guide and the links in it's OP for device variants official factory firmware images.

It's a lot of reading but, covered the main parts to help you and others out :cool:

Last edited:

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
rom destroyed my phone data .
A little help in understanding your post meaning would help.

Seeing as this is your first post in the thread here, I'm going to take it as you just flashed this NR.
What did you think could happen to your data with flashing a new custom OS to your device.
Unless you dirty flashed it to retain your data and settings (not versed in it myself) but, that's what a dirty flash of purpose is to my understanding - in updating to a same custom rom of a new released build out.

Otherwise a clean flash of Custom Rom (OS) writes the /boot, /system and /data partitions anew for it.

OP install directions clearly advises - Make a nandroid backup (optional but always recommended)

If you've done that with the TWRP recovery - just restore to that 'backup' made and your phone will be back as it was before, meaning your data at that point is back, as to in whatever OS that was on it.

---
Even ADB flashing back to the devices Stock factory OS image will delete / overwrite your data partition as well - so always make a copy and keep the copied files - data saved off the devices internal partitions - like to an added SD Card on device, folder on PC.
----
TWRP Recovery and your backups made with it are important tools to utilize in times of learning, mistakes, or malfunctions of a device. So store these TWRP backups as copies elsewhere than on the internal partitions of your device.
Installing the same TWRP Recovery version back to a device then these TWRP backups (copies saved to a safe location) already made with it can be used for points in going back in time related to your device and it's data.

Foremost - the TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery and nothing like the stock OS recovery...

Any of this not known I hope helps you to know.
As getting your data back without the means listed above I'm unsure of - unless finding / using a PC program with your phone hooked to it via USB for file use and see if they can be found mostly intact.

Last edited:

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
Heads Up - friends

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-style/development/development-thread-lineage-16-0-t3854208

I think it's time to bring this up again as randomblame has been quite remarkable in bringing new OS life to our MXP/S devices.

Where it's at now: Maybe alpha or beta status
(The OP author gives no rating as such system...)

Current status of Rom - Usable
Broken - Camera image capture.

Working: Front and back sensors are working for image preview, video recording, flashlight, and panorama.
(If you want to capture an image for now just use the panorama mode until it's fixed.)

Working - everything else? until more testers find things broken.

Try it yourself
Requires Nougat Firmware (modem - bootloader) and as always wipe data + cache.
Latest Release:2/10/2019

@ My dream is for antariksh or someone capable to skin the NucleaROM on this unofficial LineageOS 16 for Motorola Clark.

Last edited:
Reactions: collinschen02

snake_boss

Sep 1, 2010
Porto
Hello. Bumping this.

I'm trying to give a second life to my girlfriend's style. The battery drain was massive in stock nougat. Installed this rom after unlocking bootloader and install TWRP. First impressions are that the battery drain is still there and maybe worst. Any ideas to stop the bleeding? Custom kernel? New battery? Any tips would be appreciated.

Best Regards

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Hello. Bumping this.

I'm trying to give a second life to my girlfriend's style. The battery drain was massive in stock nougat. Installed this rom after unlocking bootloader and install TWRP. First impressions are that the battery drain is still there and maybe worst. Any ideas to stop the bleeding? Custom kernel? New battery? Any tips would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Yes, you will need to replace the battery if you want it to last at all.

markboy08

May 24, 2015
First install (clean Flash) (If you come from another ROM or another Android version)

× Read the whole OP and make sure that you understand what is written here.
× Make a nandroid backup (optional but always recommended)
× Download Custom Unofficial TWRP [/URL]
× Download Latest ROM[/URL]
× Download 7.1 GApps
× Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache
× Flash Latest build for your device
× Flash ROM
× Flash GApps (optional)
× Flash your preferred Root method (optional)
× Reboot​

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is "flash latest build for your device" as opposed to "flash rom"? Does latest build refer to the baseband, or something I'm missing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WHAle6.png

/* Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! goes the dynamite
    */

Hi XDA community, we are proud to present our vision of LineageOS with features that we think are useful. Hope you enjoy our builds as much as we do. The main goal of Nuclear Team is to provide a clean and fast ROM with nice, minimal and useful features.

LaxjN7.png

• Based on LineageOS 14.1 by @Hashbang173
    • Built for Stock Nougat Kernel and Modem
    • Android version 7.1.2_r29
    • Optimized for fast app opening and disabled lot of debugging
    • Nuclear Settings
    • Customizable status bar (Clock position, Date, Network Indicators, Battery style and such)
    • Gestures Anywhere
    • Switch To Hide SuperSU from Status Bar
    Ambient Display (Pick-up and Hand wave)
    • Network traffic indicator
    Three finger swipe to screenshot
    • Show CPU info
    • DT2S everywhere on lockscreen
    • Options to modify Dash board/Quick Settings (Number of columns)
    • Option to disable warning color on Low Battery
    • OmniSwitch
    • Option to reset Battery history stats
    • Enhanced dialer with smart call feature
    • MicroG and signature spoofing support to use the ROM without GApps
    • Enhanced system animation scale sliders in developer options
    • Screen pinning selection in recents
    • Show current and new version in package installer
    • Option to disable screenshot sound
    • More volume steps
    • Substratum and Magisk tile in dashboard (if installed)
    • QS tiles animations and row/columns configuration
    • Alert slider modified with more options
    Wakeblock app support and baked into rom's zip ( more info Here ) all credits for @GioBozza
    • Launcher3 with Google now gesture and icon support
    • Exclusive NucleaRom wallpaper app
    • AOSPA color engine (Accent color)
    • All LineageOS goodies

lv2WFm.png

Known Bugs:
    Initial Release. But I couldn't find any.

-If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, and is not a known issue with CM,
    please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you time, as well as us.

- Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    - After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    - Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    - As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    - Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    - Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    - You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

sYicQX.png

If you have flashed any third-party module and experiencing instability or whatever then please don't submit any bug report. You will be ignored.

hjShAA.png

First install (clean Flash) (If you come from another ROM or another Android version)

× Read the whole OP and make sure that you understand what is written here.
    × Make a nandroid backup (optional but always recommended)
    × Install Custom Unofficial TWRP
    × Download Latest ROM
    × Download 7.1 arm64 GApps
    × Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache
    × Flash Latest build for your device
    × Flash ROM
    × Flash GApps (optional)
    × Flash your preferred Root method (optional)
    × Reboot​

Important note:

× Upon first boot, Disable the 'wakeblock' app. Device is safe to use after that.
    × For safer side, you can permanently remove it by deleting /system/app/wakeblock folder.​

Updating:

× For now, Uninstall Magisk (if installed)
    × Flash Latest Build
    × Wipe Cache, Dalvik-Cache
    × Reboot
    × Install Magisk (optional)​

Goodluck, Have Fun and Enjoy!

hDTX4R.png

LineageOS
    @Hashbang173
    @acuicultor
    Lord Boeffla
    Temasek
    Ak
    ResurrectionRemix
    Aicp
    Aospextended
    XDA
    Flar2
    Grarak
    Koenkk
    nvertigo
    GioBozza
    Nuclear Team & testers
    And a very special thanks to TugaPower
    Anyone I might have forgotten (please let me know)

f1hqii.png

Main devs are @Moludo, @lozo2010, @Ordenkrieger and @acuicultor is the kernel Dev.
    Telegram support chat:HERE

If you want to buy us a beer/coffee you can donate Here all donations will serve to improve the rom.

Thanks to all donors!!!!
    @AlkaliV2

Please when do a donation tell your xda nickname in paypal message so i can give you proper credits here. Thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
    NucleaROM for Moto X Style/Pure (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    antariksh, Hashbang173
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat 7.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Initial Release
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-01

Created 2018-01-01
    Last Updated 2018-03-03
    @antariksh Do you have somewhere I could make a donation?

I appreciate it. But am not a senior developer and am still learning. A simple thanks button motivates me as much as the donation. :D
    Thanks.
    Maybe I'll set up a donation link later in the future :p
    Consider this as my excitement! xDD
    Doing this because everyone does it. :D
    Minor Update

ROM Link (Updated in OP)

Changelog:
    Added Switch to disable blank network icon
    Added Memory Bar in Recents Screen (Nuclear Settings > Clear All >Show Memory Bar)
    Recent Lineage repo merge

Installation Instruction:
    There's no major update so I recommend you to dirty flash
    Just flash the ROM zip.
    Important: On the first boot, Remove the wakblock app from system/app search for 'wakeblock' and also in data/app search for 'com.giovannibozzano.wakeblock' (You can root the ROM but don't restart with wakeblock granter SU permission. Disable/Force Stop first)
    Restart.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone