[ROM] [Unofficial] Omnirom 4.4.2 KVT49L - VS980 Nightly (OTA12B compatible)

Search This thread

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
Is anyone else getting fc for DSP when switching songs? and now it appears that the calendar is have fc issues too.

Can you give a little more information regarding your set up? Mods? Are you coming from another ROM?... Any bit of info would be helpful for me to help you.

As for fc, I have not had this issue... And have not had reports of it either.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

flb1213

Jul 17, 2012
mass
Can you give a little more information regarding your set up? Mods? Are you coming from another ROM?... Any bit of info would be helpful for me to help you.

As for fc, I have not had this issue... And have not had reports of it either.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm on latest build from clean wipe, been on rom for a couple hours and have gotten occasional calendar FC's and DSP fc' s when changing tracks, this only happens to me on this ROM.

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm on latest build from clean wipe, been on rom for a couple hours and have gotten occasional calendar FC's and DSP fc' s when changing tracks, this only happens to me on this ROM.

Which ROM did you come from?

flb1213

Jul 17, 2012
mass
Are you running any mods on top of the ROM?

Go back into recovery, and go to advance wipe, and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Then boot the system back up... Let me know if this worked...

Nope just the ROM in the buff.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

DSP still fc since wipe, haven't had a calendar fc yet though.

Last edited:

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
Nope just the ROM in the buff.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

DSP still fc since wipe, haven't had a calendar fc yet though.

Try going into DSP and enabling it for whatever you are using...

Xpiatio

Jan 20, 2011
First and foremost I love this ROM. The only annoyance is that the screen turns on randomly, even when there isn't any notifications. It will also turns on when in a pocket. I leave all setting basically the same as it comes right after a clean install. I have not turned on active notifications.

Reactions: BlueHarford

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
First and foremost I love this ROM. The only annoyance is that the screen turns on randomly, even when there isn't any notifications. It will also turns on when in a pocket. I leave all setting basically the same as it comes right after a clean install. I have not turned on active notifications.

In not too sure why that is. I have not experienced that, but I have my active notification turned on, so it would be hard to notice. I will test it tomorrow with the Active Notification turned off and see if it does that for me as well...

Reactions: Xpiatio

KassaNovaKaine

Jun 26, 2011
Ok, so something drastic just happened. The first odd thing I noticed was the battery stayed at 99%. It was idle for most of the day, but I did use it enough where I at least expected some sort of drainage (down to the high 80s). After unplugging headphones and listening to music, I set it down. Not even five minutes later, I try to wake the phone up but it won't. Not even the power button yields anything. I try to reset but even that doesn't work. Holding power makes the phone vibrate every 2 seconds (I have no idea what that means).

So I try connecting it to my PC. Voila, it starts booting up and....nothing. Back to a blank screen. Now nothing is responding (like the vibrating). I've connected it to a charger and that does zilch.

Anyone know what I can do, guys? This is actually a refurbish I just got a couple days ago (separate and irrelevant issue to this), so it technically should have no problems. I'm lost. :(

EDIT: After a few minutes at the wall charger it started back up again! I'm terrified of what happened before though. That's never occurred from my experience with phones. Anyone have an idea of what happened and how I can prevent it in the future?

Last edited:

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
Ok, so something drastic just happened. The first odd thing I noticed was the battery stayed at 99%. It was idle for most of the day, but I did use it enough where I at least expected some sort of drainage (down to the high 80s). After unplugging headphones and listening to music, I set it down. Not even five minutes later, I try to wake the phone up but it won't. Not even the power button yields anything. I try to reset but even that doesn't work. Holding power makes the phone vibrate every 2 seconds (I have no idea what that means).

So I try connecting it to my PC. Voila, it starts booting up and....nothing. Back to a blank screen. Now nothing is responding (like the vibrating). I've connected it to a charger and that does zilch.

Anyone know what I can do, guys? This is actually a refurbish I just got a couple days ago (separate and irrelevant issue to this), so it technically should have no problems. I'm lost. :(

EDIT: After a few minutes at the wall charger it started back up again! I'm terrified of what happened before though. That's never occurred from my experience with phones. Anyone have an idea of what happened and how I can prevent it in the future?

Whoa... I've never had that experience before... Not with any phones. Not even sure where to begin. I would keep an eye out... And to be honest, if it was me, I would run stock or stock rooted for a while to make sure there is nothing wrong with the phone itself... Just my 2c

Reactions: flb1213 and gorm

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009

Something similar happened to me last night, phone died while i was using it on a non stock charger. It bootlooped on that charger (not because of the ROM, but because it would charge a little and die over and over). So I plugged it into my stock LG charger and it kicked on. I'm assuming the charger just wasn't powerful enough, so if you are not using the stock charger that may have been the problem. On another note, im two days strong with 0 SOD's on this ROM (knock on wood). Thanks dev running great!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tedkunich

Nov 15, 2010
. On another note, im two days strong with 0 SOD's on this ROM (knock on wood). Thanks dev running great!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Alas I cannot say the same.. Four SODs for me today, only one yesterday... :(

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

flb1213

Jul 17, 2012
mass
36 hours on the 3/16 build no sod/FC's, and DSP fc issue fixed by deleting DSP and using viper4. And kudos to dev for being helpful and answering my questions as well as giving advice. Keep up the good work.

KassaNovaKaine

Jun 26, 2011
Yes, I am, but I made a couple of changes to get knock on and change camera resolution..

Do you happen to know if the baked in Camera app still takes advantage of LG's optical image stabilization during video? I'm not sure if using a different camera app (in this case, stock AOSP) means certain restrictions with the hardware.

I might just go back to the LG camera.

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
Do you happen to know if the baked in Camera app still takes advantage of LG's optical image stabilization during video? I'm not sure if using a different camera app (in this case, stock AOSP) means certain restrictions with the hardware.

I might just go back to the LG camera.

I don't honestly know the answer. My guess is that the aosp camera does not take advantage of this technology unless this is hardware related. If it was me, I would do a test of the video quality between the two to see which is better... Let us know what you find out if you test.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omni is a community-based project for the Android community which is Free: Free to Use, Free to Modify, Free to Share. It's also about options, which is the beauty of Android.

This is my own version of this ROM. I have been building it for my own use, and thought I would share with the community.

Homepage:
    =================
    http://omnirom.org/

Wiki;
    =================
    http://docs.omnirom.org/Main_Page

Sources:
    =================
    http://github.com/omnirom

My Github:
    =================
    http://github.com/qnhoang81

Gerrit:
    =================
    https://gerrit.omnirom.org/

Bugtracker:
    =================
    http://jira.omnirom.org

IRC:
    =================
    irc.freenode.net #omnirom

G-apps
    =================
    ART/Dalvic supported Gapps
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

BUGS
    =================
    Please let me know. I'm sure there are some.

DOWNLOADS:
    ======================
    Current Download

All Downloads
    ======================

CHANGELOG:
    =================
    I included an open source gerrit viewer app from AOKP - mGerrit. You can change the source by tapping on the cloud image, and choose the Omnirom gerrit to see the merged commits since the last builds. Keep in mind that I may revert some of those if they break something in my own personal build. However, I will let you know as well as pushing the changes to my own personal github for open source.

THANKS
    Big thanks for Omni ROM and their source. Also to AOKP/CyanogenMod/Slim...and any other sources that I have forgotten. If I have left you out, it's not intentional, just PM me, and I will edit the post immediately.

As a note, I will attempt to do a nightly build for my own use until Omni officially releases the build for VS980.
    Since the official stock kitkat Versions out maybe it'll be updated soon

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

I finally replaced my screen...I'll probably start development up again next week...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Sorry guys... Been away out of town... New build up for the night.

New build is rebuilding now. I picked a couple of new features that I thought looked interesting. One is Shake to redisplay notification for Active display - I may not use this much, but it may come in handy. The other is "On the Go" mode. This one is particularly cool (and sad at the same time). It's basically allow you to see where you are going while moving and being on your phone at the same time... Cheers..:p
    New nightly posted. I added nav bar height and width customization. Let me know how it's working. In case you're curious, I committed those changes to my github with the original authors... Cheers.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone