Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich

OmniRom

omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

Code:
[SIZE=3]/*
/* Your warranty is now void.
/*
/* I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
/* Please do some research if you have any concerns 
/* about using custom ROMs/Kernels.
/* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
/* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
/*[/SIZE]

About
- This is a clean build of OmniRom and android version 5.1, along with my custom kernel and some extra GCC flags such as graphite courtesy of the SaberMod team.

Bugs
- Backlight sensor
- Occasionally does not boot

Downloads
Omni-5.1-20150319-tate-HOMEMADE.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniRom - android 5.1, ROM for the Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Contributors
faZevoLv
ROM OS Version: Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2015-03-11
Last Updated 2015-03-16

Last edited:

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
images

Changelog
19/03 - Synced the latest Omni sources
19/03 - Updated to the latest SaberMod toolchains
19/03 - Frameworks/base: Modified the lowmemorykiller to saner values
19/03 - Used DEXPREOPT for a faster first boot
19/03 - Tuned the rom to cortex-a9
19/03 - Build: Increase the performance of whole static libs
_
15/03 - Using the latest glibc2.15-4.8 host toolchain from Google
15/03 - Updated SaberMod toolchains
15/03 - Cherry-picked opticharger/squisher from liquidsmooth to reduce apps PNG sizes to increase performance
15/03 - Latest OmniRom sources
15/03 - Kernel: Fix-up the lowmemorykiller module and update to LMK from 3.4 kernel
15/03 - Enable graphite and O3 optimisation flags for kindle specific libs
_
13/03 - Built using GCC graphite flags from SaberMod
13/03 - Rom built with adroideabi-4.9 from SaberMod
13/03 - Latest OmniRom sources
_
11/03 - Initial release

Extras
Gapps
FML-PA-GApps-Micro-5.1-20150310-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Superuser
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Last edited:

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009
Wow, I'm sat here about to do a clean flash of CM12 as mine has become dog slow. Hitting F5 now!

Will install and report back.

Many thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Is there a gapps for 5.1?? or will any of the PA gapps 5.0.x be OK?

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Any gapps needed for this rom? Or all included?

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Wow, I'm sat here about to do a clean flash of CM12 as mine has become dog slow. Hitting F5 now!

Will install and report back.

Many thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------I heard banks minimal is ok but thats on unofficial build on nexus 4 someone ported 5.1. Im on this rom too its very nice smooth but no gapps

Is there a gapps for 5.1?? or will any of the PA gapps 5.0.x be OK?
I heard banks minimal is ok but thats on unofficial build on nexus 4 someone ported 5.1. Im on this rom too its very nice smooth but no gapps

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Im trying to find stock core gapps for 5.1. I tried to google this cant find? It would be nice to have the new updated apps for 5.1 or a dump or some sort of apks

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Ty yes that worked and gapps from lp 2014 seem to work too. I notice need to download all new apks for 5.1. But this rom is super smooth no fc`s and ive tried them all on here. I noticed downloading apps much faster and performance better than 5.0 and of course KK.

Mar 23, 2013
Don't use the pa gapps; the packages are rejected as being only for 5.0 if you attempt to flash their zips in TWRP. I used the most recent package linked to by Hashcode's Lollipop thread: d-h.st/RLt9 -- I gather that many of the individual apps are being rejected as not compatible (because only a relative few are shown as being "optimized"), but together with the SuperSU update 2.46 at download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip , I have what seems to be a stable, crisp, rooted Lollipop Kindle. No extended desktop support, I see. As noted in other ROMs on other devices, changing the CPU governor doesn't work; it wants to be interactive. Antutu score after overclocking to 1.632GHz and loaded down with many apps: 18,488.

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Don't use the pa gapps; the packages are rejected as being only for 5.0 if you attempt to flash their zips in TWRP. I used the most recent package linked to by Hashcode's Lollipop thread: d-h.st/RLt9 -- I gather that many of the individual apps are being rejected as not compatible (because only a relative few are shown as being "optimized"), but together with the SuperSU update 2.46 at download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip , I have what seems to be a stable, crisp, rooted Lollipop Kindle. No extended desktop support, I see. As noted in other ROMs on other devices, changing the CPU governor doesn't work; it wants to be interactive. Antutu score after overclocking to 1.632GHz and loaded down with many apps: 18,488.

I have put a link to the lollipop gapps I use along with superSU which can both be flashed in recovery and work fine for me. I can't understand why it wants to stay as interactive governor, I've only just noticed this and will find out.
As long as omnirom keep updating their sources, I will keep updating this ROM, and as you can tell my kernel is included by default in this ROM and that too will be updated when I get a chance.
Also I see sabermod have done some work on parts of omnirom, just like I made my liquid smooth ROM fast, I will use sabermod tweaks to make this ROM fast and less buggy as possible :)

Rushead

May 18, 2012
L.A., CA
Can you add a link in the op to the dl page? I'm not trying to be a pita, but tapatalk won't access the dl menu. Not a big deal to open a browser, but a link would be a nice shortcut.

Love your work, man. Thanks for keeping us on the cutting edge.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

BTW, @MWisBest has pa micro gapps 5.1 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=11479

Reactions: quan_1986

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OmniRom

omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

Code:
    [SIZE=3]/*
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    /*
    /* I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
    /* Please do some research if you have any concerns 
    /* about using custom ROMs/Kernels.
    /* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    /* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    /*[/SIZE]

About
    - This is a clean build of OmniRom and android version 5.1, along with my custom kernel and some extra GCC flags such as graphite courtesy of the SaberMod team.

Bugs
    - Backlight sensor
    - Occasionally does not boot

Downloads
    Omni-5.1-20150319-tate-HOMEMADE.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniRom - android 5.1, ROM for the Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Contributors
    faZevoLv
    ROM OS Version: Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2015-03-11
    Last Updated 2015-03-16
    images

Changelog
    19/03 - Synced the latest Omni sources
    19/03 - Updated to the latest SaberMod toolchains
    19/03 - Frameworks/base: Modified the lowmemorykiller to saner values
    19/03 - Used DEXPREOPT for a faster first boot
    19/03 - Tuned the rom to cortex-a9
    19/03 - Build: Increase the performance of whole static libs
    _
    15/03 - Using the latest glibc2.15-4.8 host toolchain from Google
    15/03 - Updated SaberMod toolchains
    15/03 - Cherry-picked opticharger/squisher from liquidsmooth to reduce apps PNG sizes to increase performance
    15/03 - Latest OmniRom sources
    15/03 - Kernel: Fix-up the lowmemorykiller module and update to LMK from 3.4 kernel
    15/03 - Enable graphite and O3 optimisation flags for kindle specific libs
    _
    13/03 - Built using GCC graphite flags from SaberMod
    13/03 - Rom built with adroideabi-4.9 from SaberMod
    13/03 - Latest OmniRom sources
    _
    11/03 - Initial release

Extras
    Gapps
    FML-PA-GApps-Micro-5.1-20150310-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Superuser
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
    new version is up and ready to download!
    Cleaned the OP too, changelog is in the second post along with Gapps for android 5.1 courtesy of MWisBest
    Thankyou everyone for all your support for this ROM, I'm hoping to re-sync the sources and release a new version very soon. I'm watching the omnirom sources and as soon as a major fix, performance improvement or major feature is implemented, I will build asap! Thankyou :)
    Tried all roms LP and this one is good. But its only first impressions, will try it for some days. Great problem of all LP roms they are freezing compire with cm11 roms

I'm rebuilding now with sabermod toolchain, and graphite flags which reduce CPU and Ram usage, effectively "streamlining" the ROM and making it run faster utilising less resources, so hopefully less freezes.