I also have just bought a Mi Mix, and coming from a Mi Max with RR5.8, now I am considering RR5.8 or RR6. But also I wonder if it's best to stick to Epic Nougat ROM where everything should be stable and working...
My main doubts about RR6 and hope someone can answer are:
- Proximity sensor in calls
- audio quality in calls (with Dolby Atmos in Magisk)
- Selfie camera
- Face Unlock
- SOT and battery in general
RR is by far more customizable, and if everything is working Ok I have no doubt is my favourite ROM, even if it consumes a little more battery.
I answer myself
- NFC: Not tried it yet but I guess it should work
- Proximity sensor in calls: Not working, but you can manually turn off the screen by double tapping the status bar.
- audio quality in calls (with Dolby Atmos in Magisk): Sound is Ok. I can't install Dolby in Oreo, but I can install Viper4Android.
- Selfie camera: Ok
- Face Unlock: Sometimes works, you just need gapps nano and up to use this and Google Assistant.
- Gcam: Love it
- SOT and battery in general: I'll have to wait to make a conclusion, I've been using it extensively with Whatsapp migration, google photos update, etc. and it doesn't seem to last as much as with MIUI.
I hope I can dirty flash the following updates because even with Titanium Backup, it's a lot of time wasted setting everything up.
Gavin, great work!
Only 4 things missing:
1. There is no function to screen-scaling by some button of Smartbar (in Smartbar settings),
2. There is no icon for ”system profiles" in quick settings (this icon show which profile is actually in use and you can change the profile by click this one).
3. How to add weather provider? This from lineage os doesn't work.
4. During calls proximity sensor not working (screen is always active).
Is any chance to add this functions in next release?
Or maybe I can add this manually?
By the way, good and stable ROM.
As far as I know, there isn't any added benefits.. Just like I said, it's my preference that's it..
Dude what's the point of making it zeroAs far as I know, there isn't any added benefits.. Just like I said, it's my preference that's it..
Sent from my Snapdragon
---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------
I found a bug, it's in customizations this may have already been reported, if it has my apologies. Under customizations, quick settings, portrait mode if you toggle the portrait columns all the way to zero it screws up everything screen goes black. I'm having to completey wipe and start over.
Ok, after I flashed the rom and after I got it set up, I went into customizations and proceeded to mod my device and when I came to quick settings I noticed that landscape and portrait was all on zero, I thought that was odd so I put the slider in the middle on portrait only which is default, I took the slider back down to zero which was were it was before I toggled it to default, which is halfway. That's when i got the black screen and had to wipe data and start over. I can take a video of what I done this evening if you don't believe me and show you exactly what I am talking about, in case you don't understand what I'm trying to say. I think that zero shouldn't even be an option it should start with no less than 2, just my two cents..
I'm not trying to be a smart ass. But do you understand what I'm talking about? The columns in landscape and portrait are already set to zero, but for some reason it's actually set on default but the portrait columns are setting on zero...