• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][OREO] LineageOS 15.1 for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X

Search This thread

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for replying, I have a spare swift 2 plus with lineage 16(not the GSI one) so I be testing with that phone.the instructions on 4PDA are a little strange,(thanks to Google translate) but but I see how it goes.

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
After failing to install 3 GSI's/ROMs, pixel experience plus installed.with August security patch.cant see another update. I hope installing new GSI's doesn't mean I have to follow those instructions every time.i would have thought a simple data factory reset would only be needed,now my phone is set up for treble.

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
After failing to install 3 GSI's/ROMs, pixel experience plus installed.with August security patch.cant see another update. I hope installing new GSI's doesn't mean I have to follow those instructions every time.i would have thought a simple data factory reset would only be needed,now my phone is set up for treble.

QUOTE=KevMetal;80247081]no , you just do a "wipe" ..then flash system.img to system partition ...

if you installed magisk to boot partition remember to wipe boot and flash boot.img to boot again ..

most gsi will work if you do a wipe before & after installing ..most gsi do at least one reboot ...so if it boots back to recovery after installing

do :
_wipe
_flash boot.img
_flash sysyem.img

**leave it alone until it boots to system ..
***remember to remove magisk from boot partition if you have it there ..****i use phhusssn su add-on cos it works best with treble for me[/QUOTE]

Antikiller74

Aug 19, 2017
So I don't know if it was fixed in latest versions, but here's some bugs I found:
Alarm doesn't work after a reboot, need to delete it then create a new one.
Might be just a visual bug, maybe not, but after rebooting battery's power plan is resetting to "Balanced" but it shows the one you picked. Maybe it's just me.
Since there are new updates, why is it not showing them in "LineageOS updates"? Was wondering when it gets an update, just got in here and I see newest version here.

xavdeman

Mar 6, 2011
I just installed this on the Wileyfox Swift 2X.
Most things work fine, however:
* Android security update for the last build in this thread is September 2019... Maybe it's time for a new build?
* The camera app (Lineage.snap) sometimes crashes when starting it. I installed a third party camera app from the Play Store and while it didn't crash it said the camera was probably in use so it couldn't be used by that 3rd party app? When I rebooted the phone it works again.

Antikiller74

Aug 19, 2017
Camera works fine for me tho.
So the battery power plan is kinda bugged if you rebooted it and it had like, powersave mode. It does shows that it's using powersave but in reality it's on Balanced
Another bug, phone sometimes gets stuck in "headphone" mode, sound waves can be seen if you start entering the PIN, mic quality will get worse and sound might play through speakers and headphones too. Can be fixed with a reboot tho.

qok7650r3u

Feb 10, 2017
If anyone is interested, here is a fresh build of the vanilla sources with the February 2020 security patches:

lineage-15.1-20200211-UNOFFICIAL-marmite.zip

A word of warning: I have had issues with recent builds that got stuck in a boot loop after dirty flashing. I had to wipe the system partition and reflash the image. Apparently, there is also an issue with recent versions of the Open GApps that can similarly result in a bootloop. I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I had to flash an older version from October 2019, so the phone would boot properly, but afterwards everything worked fine.

Last edited:

Pripi

Oct 14, 2017
Thanks mate! This rom is the most stable for me so far. :good: I hope it will be kept updated at least twice a year. :)

Reactions: maserati2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

/*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

What's working:
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • NFC
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Fingerprint
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Flash
    • SELinux

What's NOT working:
    • ???

Installation:
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP 3.2.3 recovery recommended)
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon http://opengapps.org/
    • Reboot

Download:
    Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • BeYkeRYkt

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][OREO] LineageOS 15.1 for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X, ROM for the Wileyfox Swift 2

Contributors
    vm03, BeYkeRYkt, VBCerobil, image45, nikith290
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-04-19
    Last Updated 2018-10-20
    If anyone is interested, here is a fresh build of the vanilla sources with the February 2020 security patches:

lineage-15.1-20200211-UNOFFICIAL-marmite.zip

A word of warning: I have had issues with recent builds that got stuck in a boot loop after dirty flashing. I had to wipe the system partition and reflash the image. Apparently, there is also an issue with recent versions of the Open GApps that can similarly result in a bootloop. I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I had to flash an older version from October 2019, so the phone would boot properly, but afterwards everything worked fine.
    20180920:
    - QuickCharge fixed
    - few audio fixes
    - add some Omx libs (fix video recording on some camera apps)
    - caf kernel updates
    - upstream Lineage updates