[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][OTA] LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9S/Pro/Pro Max/POCO M2 Pro

Search This thread

k-ninja

Jul 27, 2011
Melbourne

Awesome, installed this yesterday and so far has been smooth and stable. Got Magisk + EdXposed + XprivacyLua all working without hassle. SELinux enforcing too (seems to be rare on ROMs for this device). Just wanted to make sure there would be regular updates before I committed to running this as my daily driver.

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
Awesome, installed this yesterday and so far has been smooth and stable. Got Magisk + EdXposed + XprivacyLua all working without hassle. SELinux enforcing too (seems to be rare on ROMs for this device). Just wanted to make sure there would be regular updates before I committed to running this as my daily driver.
Is there a way to run EdXposed on this ROM (or in general) without tripping SafetyNet?

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
Anyone running this on Curtana? Planning on installing it on mine, some questions:

A) how well is it working? Anything broken? Any apps force-closing? What about battery usage?

B) Magisk works and gets you 100% SafetyNet pass? What about Widevine L1?

C) What firmware version did you flash before installing this ROM?

D) What kind and version of GApps?

E) did you use TWRP or some other custom recovery (and if so, which one), or just plain LOS Recovery?

Thanks in advance,
-- Durval.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Hi @LeddaZ,

I'm just doing this for fun and to learn, I'm not planning to go official

1st of all, thanks for the ROM. Haven't installed it yet, but I'm planning to, and I'm really looking forward to get good old LOS in my Curtana.

2nd, too bad you are not going to go official -- that would really rock, and I think there's a real demand for official LOS in this device (specially since you support Curtana, Joyeuse and Escalibur with one ROM). Anything we can do to change your mind? :)

Cheers,
-- Durval.

LeddaZ

Dec 24, 2016
Padua
www.youtube.com
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2
Anyone running this on Curtana? Planning on installing it on mine, some questions:

A) how well is it working? Anything broken? Any apps force-closing? What about battery usage?

C) What firmware version did you flash before installing this ROM?

D) What kind and version of GApps?

E) did you use TWRP or some other custom recovery (and if so, which one), or just plain LOS Recovery?

Thanks in advance,
-- Durval.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Hi @LeddaZ,

1st of all, thanks for the ROM. Haven't installed it yet, but I'm planning to, and I'm really looking forward to get good old LOS in my Curtana.

2nd, too bad you are not going to go official -- that would really rock, and I think there's a real demand for official LOS in this device (specially since you support Curtana, Joyeuse and Escalibur with one ROM). Anything we can do to change your mind? :)

Cheers,
-- Durval.
A) I have a curtana myself and everything works great, the only minor issue I found is that with the stock charger the battery % goes up but the phone still thinks it's unplugged.

B) Magisk works and after enabling magiskhide and rebooting safety net passes, wide vine L1 doesn't work unfortunately, only L3

C) 11.0.11 global

D) OpenGApps arm64 10.0 nano

E) I used both LOS Recovery and mauronofrio TWRP, both work

I'm not planning to go official for lack of time and knowledge; I don't know how to maintain device trees, I only build using existing sources

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
No ota because it's unofficial (might set up an ota server in the future), to update just flash the rom and wipe cache. Curtana is supported.

If you need a machine to host it and/or help setting it up, just let me know: I have a server with available memory/cpu/disk space and it would be me pleasure to assist you.

Cheers,
--
Durval.

LeddaZ

Dec 24, 2016
Padua
www.youtube.com
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2
OTA set up, new build very soon today :)
iIICMud.png

LeddaZ

Dec 24, 2016
Padua
www.youtube.com
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2
New build is up!

Changelog:
- Synced with latest LineageOS 17.1 source code
- Added WireGuard support in kernel
- Fixed camera cutout overlay position
- Fixed an issue that could cause wrong timestamps in photos/videos
- Added OTA support (you still need to update manually for this build, from the next one you'll be able to update via OTA); read the instructions in the first post for OTA updates!

Enjoy!

Reactions: dmenezes

moffa~

Jan 6, 2011
ANXCam v190 works with all features
Just curious, how did you get this working? I was building Lineage 17.1 for curtana/joyeuse, but since you unified all the devices, I might as well switch over since you've done all the hard work
- Fixed camera cutout overlay position
Also, how did you fix this? I didn't see anything in your device tree.

Sorry for being a pain, I just want to learn

Last edited:

LeddaZ

Dec 24, 2016
Padua
www.youtube.com
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2
Also, how did you fix this? I didn't see anything in your device tree.

https://github.com/LeddaZ/android_device_xiaomi_curtana-unified/commit/b6aa0e2b48c66caf15aa72e6060f7b8b71970e68 I actually forgot to push the commit, it's up now.

Just curious, how did you get this working? I was building Lineage 17.1 for curtana/joyeuse, but since you unified all the devices, I might as well switch over since you've done all the hard work

I didn't do anything special, I just installed the following modules:
  • 48MPFixQ_181.GlossyIntelligentCock.zip
  • ANXCameraHotfix.190.BootloopFix.zip
  • ANXCameraProvider.190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip
  • ANXCameraUnity_190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip
  • ANXFrameworkUnity_190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip
Then I installed ANXCamera Pro from Play Store and disabled "hand gestures"

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
I was building Lineage 17.1 for curtana/joyeuse, but since you unified all the devices, I might as well switch over since you've done all the hard work

Hey @moffa~, I was actually following your ROM and getting ready to install it when I found out about @LeddaZ's.

So welcome aboard, and may I suggest you join forces with @LeddaZ to maintain this ROM and perhaps move it to official? :D

Cheers,
-- Durval.

k-ninja

Jul 27, 2011
Melbourne

No you cannot pass safetynet. Magisk may tell you than it passes safetynet but it is basically lying, all it can do is forge local results. A real Safetynet check uses a cryptographicly signed API call to google servers which is physically impossible for a phone with an unlocked bootloader to pass because the unlock checking happens outside of Android in the secure part of the CPU.

dmenezes

Oct 22, 2013
No you cannot pass safetynet. Magisk may tell you than it passes safetynet but it is basically lying, all it can do is forge local results. A real Safetynet check uses a cryptographicly signed API call to google servers which is physically impossible for a phone with an unlocked bootloader to pass because the unlock checking happens outside of Android in the secure part of the CPU.

Yep, I'm aware that Magisk just fiddles with things so SafetyNet shows up as "passed". But this is good enough for me, as I trust the ROM developers and it gets me what I need (namely, the capacity to use apps that refuse to run unless SafetyNet shows up as "passed").

But thanks for the clarification anyway.

Cheers,
-- Durval.

phil2sat

Apr 8, 2014
Rätzlingen
Everythink nice and smooth so far, OTA worked
Traffic indicator works, but its centered and on notch position. Not a big deal but i like to have it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9PsNlIg.png

Note: this ROM will not receive any further updates from me, my last build will be 20210210.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working:
    • Widevine L1
    • Some users may face "idle freeze" bug (phone reboots after a few minutes with the screen off). If it happens try to change kernel.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build and gapps (optional)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe cache/dalvik and format data
    • Flash the latest build and gapps (optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads:

OTA Instructions:
    Installing updates automatically from the Updater won't work, so follow these instructions if you want to update via OTA - If you have encrypted /data Lineage Recovery won't work, use TWRP/PBRP/OrangeFox:
    • After downloading the update, long press on it and tap "Export update". The zip file will be exported to /data/lineageos_updates
    • Reboot to recovery and enter decryption password if necessary
    • Tap "Install" (not necessary on OFox), browse to /data/lineageos_updates and select the zip file
    • Install the zip, wipe cache/dalvik and reboot.
    • Open the Updater, long press on the update and tap on "Delete" (optional)

Notes:
    • Read the instructions above for OTA updates!
    • GApps not included
    • ANXCam v190 works with all features
    • SafetyNet should always pass, if not use MagiskHide
    • The build codename is curtana but the ROM and recovery are unified for all miatoll devices
    • If you use Lineage Recovery make sure to mount /system before flashing GApps and Magisk
    • If you want Magisk flash it after first boot
    • If you want to update the ROM, make sure to disable ANXCam before flashing, you can re-enable it after the update
    • Use latest global firmware for curtana and joyeuse, Indian firmware for excalibur and gram

Source code:
    Thanks to everyone that contributed to the original xiaomi-sm6250-devs trees

XDA:DevDB Information

LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9S/Pro/Pro Max and POCO M2 Pro, ROM for the Redmi Note 9 Pro

Contributors
    LeddaZ, erfanoabdi
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-08
    Last Updated 2021-02-10
    The LineageOS team has merged January security patches for 17.1, so a new build will be available soon.
    New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Synced with latest LineageOS 17.1 source code
    • December 5, 2020 security patches
    • Addded my changelog link in the Updater (3-dot menu > Show changelog)
    • Re-added WireGuard support in kernel
    • Other minor fixes and updates

Check 1st post for download, OTA is already available. Enjoy!
    New build is up

Changelog:
    • Synced with latest LineageOS 17.1 source code
    • January security patches
    • Switched to redfin Jan fp (if SafetyNet still doesn't pass flash this Magisk module)
    • Updated OTA URL (Updater will work again from this build)
    • Enabled fluence for voice recording (fixes Google Recorder)
    • Added missing camera props from stock MIUI
    • Other minor fixes and updates
    Check 1st post for download. Enjoy!
    Build for {codename} | LineageOS Wiki
    Android-Tools/Building_AOSP.txt at master · nathanchance/Android-Tools (github.com)

I recommend these two guides for building the ROM, and also the @AndroidBuildersHelp group on Telegram.
    For the device trees, after downloading the source put this in (source dir)/.repo/local_manifests and sync again.