- Nov 13, 2013
brought to you by the
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
These builds are for all G4 models: official unlocked and UsU'd devices
/e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:
- is open source
- is pro-privacy
- is compatible with most existing Android applications
- cares about usability
- is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
- already exists!
... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
- an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
- a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
- various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.
- Based on LineageOS so a very stable base
- microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
- All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
- All features and fixes of my LOS 16 builds.
- Finally I had the time to setup an own OTA server.. so my builds come with full OTA update support
... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install
Difference from pure /e/ or: why are the builds CUSTOM?
- The /e/ app store has been removed completely (read the FAQ why I did this drastic change)
- AuroraStore has been added (pls always use "anonymous" unless you need paid apps to avoid bans)
- F-Droid has been added (The OpenSource alternative store. First search for any apps here!)
- Dozens of F-Droid repositories are pre-installed (activate them with just a finger tip! That's needed to ensure you only get what you want)
The above changes are the reasons why my builds are of the type "CUSTOM" and not "UNOFFICIAL".
This is according to the rules /e/ defined.
Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
So back up regularly and frequently!
- Check the current issues at the github tracker (feel free to help, provide logs etc!)
- If you find a bug not listed, follow the instructions here and provide me with the logs: FAQ #1
- Your device need to be unlocked either officially (h815 international or h811) or by UsU
- Your bootloader stack should be on lastest MM version for your model. That is e.g. 20p for the H815 models or 20x for H811.
So.. NO SUPPORT ON LOWER bootloader stacks then the latest MM version for your model
... and NO SUPPORT for the BETA v29A as well!!
-> for your convenience I have created TWRP flashable files for that !!!! (click)
Of course ensure you just use files for your model, your ARB and UsU'd or not. If unsure ask.
- in particular that means this thread is for:
F500, H810, H811, H812, H815 (official unlocked or UsU'd), H819 , LS991, US991, VS986
- Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click or SHRP build: click
- Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!
- This single very first step is for UsU'd devices only (SKIP when you have an official unlocked model):
If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition from your backup in TWRP.
If you do not know if you ever flashed it simply re-flash your modem partition again and you can be sure. This can't do any harm.
If you have no backup:
- TWRP flashable MM modems (N will not work)
- Ensure your bootloader is current! You will have issues if you are not on the latest bootloader stack. Read the above Requirements topic to find a link to TWRP flashable files.
- Full clean install as described here (FAQ "#2") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
- Flash /e/
- Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
- Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
- Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
- Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!
Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
If you have /e/ installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have OTA support!)
- Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
- Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
- The current build is the latest for your device.
- search results from this thread: click
Of course in this thread but also by Telegram. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here
- LineageOS (the base of /e/)
- The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
- The Suicide-Squirrel team (ThePiGuy, kessaras, steadfasterX)
- and more..
g4_eos-pie_custom, ROM for the LG G4
Source Code: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: latest MM firmware for your model !
Based On: Lineage OS
Last Updated 2020-11-20