[TODAYS-SEC-PATCH-LEVEL][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][P][UsU/non-UsU] /e/ OS | BYE Google, HELLO Privacy!

Search This thread

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
The extent of the changes is why I'm surprised/happy that it's working after updating manually.

I had no problems with anonymous login except once when the token server was down for a bit.

The lack of geo-restricted apps in V4 was a result of increased privacy protection, but due to popular demand, the functionality has been restored, though still disabled by default: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-4-4-aur...t-march-20-2021.3739733/page-78#post-84739245
yea I am aware about the why (and even technical details) but thanks for the link to the geo fix! :)

stsz1954

Apr 29, 2017
I have the h812 model. I have the 16.0-20201024-UNOFFICIAL-812_usu rom installed. I also have the 3.4.0-PREVIEW-230_g4_P
TWRP. I have been trying to do the OTA update to a newer rom. When I do that, all what happens after the rom is downloaded
and install is pressed is that the device reboots to TWRP and just stays there. I'm supposed to have installed the 20201020 or
20201021 roms but I don't see them available for download. What can I do to make the updater work? Where are the downloaded
files stored so that I could delete them?
Also, another problem, not really a big deal. When the device is charging, the charging light is pink. But when the phone is fully charged,
the light does not turn green. Is there a simple fix for this?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I have the h812 model. I have the 16.0-20201024-UNOFFICIAL-812_usu rom installed. I also have the 3.4.0-PREVIEW-230_g4_P
TWRP. I have been trying to do the OTA update to a newer rom. When I do that, all what happens after the rom is downloaded
and install is pressed is that the device reboots to TWRP and just stays there. I'm supposed to have installed the 20201020 or
20201021 roms but I don't see them available for download. What can I do to make the updater work? Where are the downloaded
files stored so that I could delete them?
Also, another problem, not really a big deal. When the device is charging, the charging light is pink. But when the phone is fully charged,
The version you're on is too old bc it does not include an important ota fix. When it booted to twrp you find the file in /data/lineageos_updates (or smtg similiar) so you can install it from here manually.
Reg the led i have to check but should be fixable .

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
hmm I think you mean its green (not pink)? pink flashing is happening on boot only.
I found how we can set the leds on charging event so I will set it to this in my next build:
Code:
blink green while charging
solid green when fully charged

Last edited:

stsz1954

Apr 29, 2017
hmm I think you mean its green (not pink)? pink flashing is happening on boot only.
I found how we can set the leds on charging event so I will set it to this in my next build:
Code:
blink green while charging
solid green when fully charged
I finally decided to install this rom from LOS. I have the1.0-p-20210225-CUSTOM-h812_usu installed.
I did a clean install, but I blew it by not making a TWRP backup. Now the install overwrote TWRP and installed
stock recovery. Is there any way to have TWRP installed again?
Thanks

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I finally decided to install this rom from LOS. I have the1.0-p-20210225-CUSTOM-h812_usu installed.
I did a clean install, but I blew it by not making a TWRP backup. Now the install overwrote TWRP and installed
stock recovery. Is there any way to have TWRP installed again?
Thanks
Simply follow the twrp guide to re-install (check my sig for the official thread)

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
New release! 🥳

.. in progress (keep an eye on my TG Automation channel)

As mentioned I do not provide changelogs besides from my TG Automation channel anymore but this one is important so I drop a note here, too.

first of all I've changed the versioning back to /e/ standards. I've used "v1-0" in the past as I thought that will happen soon (lol) and as its used by them as the most recent branch names (e.g. v1-q). To get a better understanding of which exact version you get (and be able to identify the matching official /e/ changelogs) I will use what they use (atm of writing: v0.16). Due to this versioning change the newest update will not popup as an OTA so you have to boot to TWRP and flash it manually.

second: I have changed the signing keys (actually one of my build scripts deleted them by accident). Because of the version scheme change this does not matter at all for you as OTA does not work anyways.

the next & last major one: I have enabled UNOFFICIAL builds again. The reason is I am planning OFFICIAL builds. I personally like to have F-Droid, Aurora and so on already included in the ROM so I will continue doing CUSTOM builds including OTA support as well. The major diff is that some apps will be included in the ROM and "Apps" will be removed. Other then that will be identical. Until we reach the OFFICIAL state I will provide CUSTOM + UNOFFICIAL builds.

This build contains a ton of fixes & enhancements made by @aoleary so I hope I didn't broke anything while merging his changes ;)
oh ya and some little changes from my site regarding charging led (led blinks green when charging and goes solid green when fully charged) :D and some other tweaks here & there

Installation instructions:
  • follow the FAQ to do at least a regular clean flash correctly. If you encounter any issues do a full clean flash.

• Love
Reactions: nubla and breversa

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
These are AWESOME news !!! :D
But I thought going official was out of the question. Has anything happened regarding this, and if so, what ? Care to share your thoughts ? ;)

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
I'm not the kind to ask for ETAs anyway. ;-)

I clean flashed your latest custom on my unlocked h815 and everything is fine, though it felt a bit slow at first.

By the way, will @aoleary 's fixes be backported to LineageOS or even AOSP (if that makes sense to begin with) ?

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Alright, I've found a bug in 0.16-p-20210419-CUSTOM-h815 (clean flash) : the led blinks green (I guess ?) when the phone is charging, even when the battery led toggle is off.

Aug 31, 2016
Nouméa

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi, thanks for supporting our beloved G4!

I am a bit lost, I am running v29A at the moment and I'd like to move back to v20p in order to switch to your custom /e/ ROM. The flashable file seems to be what I need but the link is broken, can you provide a new one please?
Thanks heaps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-141124__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-141124__01.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 30

nubla

Sep 7, 2020
Updated to TWRP 3.5.2_9-PREVIEW-270_g4 and e-0.16-p-20210419-CUSTOM-h812_usu. At first I was confused by the appearance of the /e/ "Apps" store, but realized I had unwittingly installed the UNOFFICIAL version. Nope, I prefer the custom build without "Apps"! Thanks steadfasterX for making a build pretty much exactly to my liking.

Some issues/questions:

- The default Bromite browser was not able to load any webpage, with message "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED", suggesting to check internet connection and secure DNS configuration. Other apps and Fennec connected without issues. I had to look in Bromite's Settings -> Privacy and security -> Use secure DNS -> and select a provider, since it was set to Custom with a blank provider URL/IP.

- I noticed new apps DNS66 and Omega Launcher which I did not install myself. What's the reason for additions? Btw, I use Lawnchair launcher. For DNS, I know the built-in settings are very limited.. maybe that's why?

- Noticed the new feature of the green LED blinking during charging... but why? Is there any override for this? There is already a Battery Light configurable option in Settings -> Notifications -> Battery light, which I had configured for low, charging, and full states. The new feature forces itself on top of those, so that there are multiple simultaneous charging indications now, unless I turn of my customized ones and stick to the new default.

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
I didn't realise that Omega Launcher was now included, but I wholeheartedly support this move, as I don't like Bliss Launcher. (y)
Also, Lawnchair (2) is no longer maintained, while Omega is still being developped. :)

- Noticed the new feature of the green LED blinking during charging... but why? Is there any override for this? There is already a Battery Light configurable option in Settings -> Notifications -> Battery light, which I had configured for low, charging, and full states. The new feature forces itself on top of those, so that there are multiple simultaneous charging indications now, unless I turn of my customized ones and stick to the new default.
That's a bug. It's been reported already, both here, and in the LineageOS 16 thread.

From what I can gather, the led blinks green (I guess) whatever the led toggle position :
  • If the toggle is off, you'll see blinking.
  • If it's on, the led will stay on (actually, it'll blink over/under a fixed colour).
There's currently no way to keep the led off (AFAIK) while charging. Good luck trying to sleep in the same room as a charging phone. :cry:

Reactions: nubla

nubla

Sep 7, 2020
I didn't realise that Omega Launcher was now included, but I wholeheartedly support this move, as I don't like Bliss Launcher. (y)
Also, Lawnchair (2) is no longer maintained, while Omega is still being developped. :)
I guess I'm a bit resistant to sudden changes. I'll have to try out Omega and see how it compares to Lawnchair. I know the latter is no longer supported, but I stuck with it because I liked it best and didn't have issues with it. I had tried a whole pile of launchers when I first started using /e/ because Bliss is just... well let's leave the adjectives alone. haha

That's a bug. It's been reported already, both here, and in the LineageOS 16 thread.

From what I can gather, the led blinks green (I guess) whatever the led toggle position :
  • If the toggle is off, you'll see blinking.
  • If it's on, the led will stay on (actually, it'll blink over/under a fixed colour).
There's currently no way to keep the led off (AFAIK) while charging. Good luck trying to sleep in the same room as a charging phone. :cry:
Aha, so that's what you meant! I was confused because this was even mentioned as a feature in the "release notes" post.

The blinking really bugs me. I use it only for notifications that demand attention so that they get taken care of and the blinking can stop...

In any case, as long as the user has an option to override the defaults, that's what matters. Glad to know it'll be addressed.

Also, is there a way to disable the screen turning on with a "New Notification" message? That's redundant when there is a notification sound and notification LED...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @steadfasterX Are you still planning to look into the camera issue? Or any recommendations for other custom ROMs?
    planned.. yes. the thing is I am extreme busy. Besides that I was trying to port the G4 to AXP.OS but the cam does not work anymore at all when enabling selinux on A11 or later. so the whole thing is stuck atm while I'm ramping up AXP.OS for other devices as well..
    I may have more time in 2 weeks or so and can hopefully look into that one here again
    e-color.png

brought to you by the
    eFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

These builds are for all G4 models: official unlocked and UsU'd devices

UsU? See here

About /e/
    /e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:

• is open source
    • is pro-privacy
    • is compatible with most existing Android applications
    • cares about usability
    • is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
    • already exists!
    It’s the alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly on the smartphone.

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
    • an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
    • a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
    • various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features

• Based on LineageOS so a very stable base
    • microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
    • All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
    • All features and fixes of my LOS 16 builds.
    • Finally I had the time to setup an own OTA server.. so my builds come with full OTA update support :)
      ... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install ;)

Difference from pure /e/ or: why are the builds CUSTOM?

• The /e/ app store has been removed completely (read the FAQ why I did this drastic change)
    • AuroraStore has been added (pls always use "anonymous" unless you need paid apps to avoid bans)
    • F-Droid has been added (The OpenSource alternative store. First search for any apps here!)
    • Dozens of F-Droid repositories are pre-installed (activate them with just a finger tip! That's needed to ensure you only get what you want)
    • added PhoneSky a patched Google playstore working with microG
    • added Lawnchair (latest from their TG group)

The above changes are the reasons why my builds are of the type "CUSTOM" and not "UNOFFICIAL".
    This is according to the rules /e/ defined.

Known issues:

Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
    So back up regularly and frequently!

1. Check the current issues at the github tracker (feel free to help, provide logs etc!)
    2. If you find a bug not listed, follow the instructions here and provide me with the logs: FAQ #1

Requirements
    • Your device need to be unlocked either officially (h815 international or h811) or by UsU
    • Your bootloader stack should be on lastest MM version for your model. That is e.g. 20p for the H815 models or 20x for H811.
      So.. NO SUPPORT ON LOWER bootloader stacks then the latest MM version for your model
      ... and NO SUPPORT for the BETA v29A as well!!
      -> for your convenience I have created TWRP flashable files for that !!!! (click)
      Of course ensure you just use files for your model, your ARB and UsU'd or not. If unsure ask.
    • in particular that means this thread is for:
      F500, H810, H811, H812, H815 (official unlocked or UsU'd), H819 , LS991, US991, VS986
    • Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click or SHRP build: click
    • Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!

Installation
    1. This single very first step is for UsU'd devices only (SKIP when you have an official unlocked model):
      If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition from your backup in TWRP.
      If you do not know if you ever flashed it simply re-flash your modem partition again and you can be sure. This can't do any harm.
      If you have no backup:
      - TWRP flashable MM modems (N will not work)
    2. Ensure your bootloader is current! You will have issues if you are not on the latest bootloader stack. Read the above Requirements topic to find a link to TWRP flashable files.
    3. Full clean install as described here (FAQ "#2") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    4. Flash /e/
    5. Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
    6. Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
    7. Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
    8. Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!

Download

OFFICIAL builds (new install or re-install):
    https://doc.e.foundation/search?q=LG G4

CUSTOM builds (new install or re-install)
    https://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/e-os/pie/

If you have /e/ installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
    Android settings -> Updater (yes my CUSTOM builds have OTA support like OFFICIAL has!)

Note:
    1. CUSTOM builds: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    2. Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    3. The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs

Support
    Of course in this thread but also by Telegram. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
    and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here

Credits
    • LineageOS (the base of /e/)
    • The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
    • The Suicide-Squirrel team (ThePiGuy, kessaras, steadfasterX)
    • aoleary
    • and more..

Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    g4_eos-pie_custom, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
    steadfasterX
    Source Code: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: latest MM firmware for your model !
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-08-03
    faq

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q #0: Why is the /e/ App store not included??? It is GREAT!
    Mainly due to security and privacy concerns. Wth? I thought /e/ is secure and privacy focused? Yes it is but.. read on:

First of all the App store itself has no security or privacy issues. It is opensource and I see no issues with the app itself!
    ... the most important point for a smartphone is the availability of apps. I mean having a secure device which respects your privacy is great but it will have no chance to win when you cannot get easily apps on it.
    ... and the most dangerous part for a smartphone is installing apps because here is where Malware can easily step in! So whatever you do never install APK files from a website directly unless you can be 100% safe it is trustworthy.

It is all about trust again and when you look in the sources of the /e/ Apps store you find it connects to: cleanapk.org.
    /e/ makes that not a secret though as you can read here.
    So who is behind that cleanapk.org? Why is /e/ trusting them? While reading through the /e/ forums I found that this page hosts (as far as we know) apps mirrored from apkpure + fdroid.
    .. and it's completely unclear who hosts that site and where is behind it. On the other site /e/ (Gael, the founder as well) states clearly they are not in any relation to that site. "They just using their api".

here some facts:

• you cannot get the owner by a whois request
    • They have a info page here which just roughly describes where the apps are coming from and how
    • There is no detailed privacy statement or even an info if they keep your data GDPR compliant or not
    • No way for devs to get their apps removed or updated

The /e/ foundation clearly states they have no relationship to that repository of apps but some things are interesting aren't they:

During that mentioned discussion and after pointing Gael to that - the welcome message suddenly changed to what it is today..
    The full topic where even Gael is talking (not that friendly) is: here

TL;DR:
    /e/ is providing apps (the most used way to get infected by malware) by an API which is at least questionable.
    I do not say /e/ is doing questionable things and as said before the /e/ ROM is 100% trustworthy (otherwise I would not do any builds for it) but that cleanapk.org site is truly another story.
    An interesting quote of Gael can make one read between the lines (I marked the interesting ones bold and cursive):
    Some users have reported that they are using Aurora, [...] (context: we will never integrate this) because it’s infriging the play store terms of services.
    For this, we have to use indirect mechanisms, that don’t infrige the play store TOS, and therefore, we are using a service that is not officially part of the /e/ project, and which is called cleanapk.org
    On the long run, we other plans with partners, to offer something more transparent, but it’s too soon to talk about this.
    Of course /e/ needs to ensure that what they are doing is 100% legal and offering an app repository like cleanapk.org is not.
    My personal assumption is that /e/ is offering that repo - indirectly so not officially by the e.foundation itself.
    A relation between is for sure nothing they want to have public as this would cause legal questions.

So the last question is:
    Q: Why do I consider AuroraStore "better" then using cleanapk.org and so removed the /e/ apps store and adding AuroraStore instead?
    A: Because I definitively know where the apps are coming from when using Aurora instead of /e/. Not just the app itself is OSS (like the /e/ one) the apps are coming directly from the play store instead of an unknown source.

Q #01: I want to report an issue. What is the proper way to do so?
    I'm glad that you are asking: before doing so check the KNOWN ISSUES topic in the OP and ofc the other FAQ's listed here!
    If you encountered a kernel panic follow FAQ #6 in this post instead.
    If you have issues with "just" the boot process follow FAQ #7 for a very easy way to grab the boot logs.
    if you have an audio issue follow FAQ #10 instead.

If your issue is not listed there click here to proceed:

If your issue is not listed there follow the directions here briefly and I may can fix it:

logcat GUIDE

Ensure you have done a full CLEAN install before doing so (refer to FAQ #2 for what that means).

Warning: NO SUPPORT when:
    - magisk is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
    - Xposed is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
    If you have installed any of these UNINSTALL or better do a FULL CLEAN install (see FAQ #2) before doing anything else. Often enough these above causes several issues like battery draining, problems on booting and much more. Even when they may work properly you should re-produce your issue without them first and follow the above to grab the log.

Magisk is a great piece of software and besides that it is Open Source which SuperSu never was.
    I just saying I do not "support" issues with LOS when you have Magisk installed. Why? It is (like Xposed) extendable with modules (made by whoever) and those can cause billions of issues.
    Other then that magisk was sometimes the reason for battery drain etc. Magisk modifies the boot "process" and sits very deep in the system (which is needed to make it work ofc) but that has the potential to make a system/ROM unstable or result in strange behaviors.

so in order to support a specific issue I have to be sure the ROM is in a "clean" state, no magisk, no xposed.
    Pro-Tip: set magisk to core functions only to see if an extension causes your issue or not.

Q #02: I want to install clean, how? What is a clean install? What is the recommended way to flash a new ROM version?
    A clean install ensures that there are no leftovers from any previous install. One can say that there are 2 phases of a clean flash:
    1) regular
    2) full - when you (still) encounter issues

Usually the regular one is fully ok when flashing a new ROM version but if you encounter strange issues nobody else is reporting or if a release post is recommending it you should do a full clean install instead.

A regular clean install can be done like this:
    • WIPE -> Advanced -> select: System + Cache
    • Flash the ROM
    • reflash root addon/magisk if you want root

A full clean install needs 2 steps more then the regular:
    • follow the steps for regular clean
    • go back in WIPE -> touch Factory Reset and let it do its job
    • go back in WIPE -> touch the "FORMAT data" button and type "yes" to format the internal storage (you will LOOSE ALL YOUR DATA - obviously)
    • REBOOT -> Recovery
    • Flash the ROM
    • reflash root addon/magisk if you want root
    It is absolutely recommended to create a backup before and COPYING IT to your PC(!) before doing the above.

Q #03: Are there any plans or a chance of official /e/ builds?
    yes this in progress (as of April 2021) and so should happen somewhen in 2021

Q #04: Will this ROM support / pass SafetyNet?
    When you install Magisk you can hide and so yes you might be able to pass SafetyNet. Which can change every day though because even when that might work atm you should note the following:
    Magisk has its own protections to ensure you pass safetynet but this is something which will change one day and there is no known method yet to workaround that.

Q #05: It looks like the CPU cores 5 and 6 are disabled - how can I fix that?
    TLDR;
    There is no fix required! it is fully ok when those are idle. they get hot plugged whenever needed.
    Details:
    we have 2 clusters of CPU cores resulting in a Hexa-core CPU set: (4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A57)
    the big one (2 CPU cores - higher performance = more battery drain, more heat which potentially causing the: bootloop issue) and the little (4 CPU cores - less battery drain but a bit slower) are handled dynamically based on the load of your device.
    the big cluster will run ONLY when it is NEEDED - i.e. high load.
    so when you look closer: those are not DISABLED they are IDLE which is a big difference.

Q #06: I get a kernel panic or green/purple/blue screen how to grab logs for this?
    When you encounter a kernel panic and you are able to reboot without taking out the battery (taking out the battery will erase RAM and so erase the needed logs):
    1) reboot (without taking out the battery!) to either TWRP/SHRP or (if you have root access) to your ROM
    2) grab everything need from here: /sys/fs/pstore/ (e.g. adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/)
    If you don't have a pc near you can do it directly from the device as well:

Enable the terminal app in developer options or download any
    Open the terminal app.

su
    cd /sdcard/Download
    tar czf pstore.tgz /sys/fs/pstore

Attach pstore.tgz to your post.

It is crucial important that you do this only after the reboot happened . It's not important "when" though - as long as the device stays powered on.

Developers note:
    convert PMSG log (requires a linux system):
    Code:
    tr -cd '\11\12\15\40-\176' < pmsg-ramoops-0 | sed 's/TENS\s/\n/g' > readable-pmsg.txt

Q #07a: I get a kernel panic on boot or having other boot issues but the pstore log are empty! What should I do?
    Q #07b: How can I provide a clean boot log?

Since a while there is a very easy way to provide debug logs for the boot process. Before my convenient logging you had to follow FAQ #1 to grab them and it was a bit of PITA for some users.
    So here you go for a much easier way:

1. boot Android
    2. once booted : reboot to TWRP/SHRP
    3. when you have a bootloop instead: take the battery out just before the bootloop occurs, or better press the key combo to get into TWRP all the time to eventually get there directly
    4. once in TWRP ensure that "Cache" is mounted in the "Mount" menu (if not mount it by ticking the box)
    5. open a terminal on your PC and type:
      when running a version after Jun 16, 2023:

Code:
      adb pull /persist/boot_debug/crash.txt
      adb pull /persist/boot_debug/full.txt
      adb pull /persist/boot_debug/kernel.txt
      adb pull /persist/boot_debug/selinux.txt

when running a version before Jun 16, 2023:
      Code:
      adb pull /cache/debug/boot_lc_crash.txt
      adb pull /cache/debug/boot_lc_full.txt
      adb pull /cache/debug/boot_lc_kernel.txt
    6. paste one by one to a paste service like https://del.dog/ , https://paste.systemli.org/ or https://paste.omnirom.org/

Q #8: upgrade your bootloader stack only?! Read here how:
    Check the OP of this thread which has TWRP flashable files linked.

Q #9: Is there an /e/ specific FAQ?
    Sure:

• FAQ: click
    • Forum: click
    • HOWTOs: click (a great resource for all your first questions)

Q #10: issues with audio (e.g. echo's, silence on one or the other site, ..)? Read here how to provide a specific log for that:
    Do the following steps:

• 1) Ensure you have adb set up on your PC, and have adb debugging and adb root enabled in developer options on your phone
    • 2) Then perform the following (all one command)

On Linux:
      adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver" && sleep 10 && adb logcat -b all |egrep -vi "(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)"

On windows:
      adb root ; adb shell "stop audioserver; logcat -c -b all; start audioserver && sleep 10 && logcat -b all |egrep -vi '(dialer|telecom|ril|gsm|touch|brightn|dct|QC-time-services|SST|sensors|AlarmMan|Lights|perfp)' "

• 3) Then re-produce your audo issue and cancel the logcat from step 2 before hanging up!

• 4) Share the logcat output from the console screen using paste.omnirom.org

Q #11: I'm scared about that microG , I don't want to expose my phone so is this /e/ version a security risk?
    First of all you need a lot of trust installing ANY custom ROM. A developer can do nasty things right? Besides that yes microG allowing to let apps act like as they are another app, also known as signature spoofing. This CAN be a good and a bad thing. Read on why my builds are different:

In general the microG patch is an all or nothing. A ROM which supports microG (i.e. signature spoofing) have that feature enabled, always.
    The difference in my /e/ builds is that I am using the "restricted" option of signature spoofing so as long as you trust me you are as safe as without microG.

Q #12: I have graphic glitches / issues, what can I do?
    My builds using skiaGL instead of OpenGL since a while. skia is the new and faster renderer coming with pie by default but it can cause graphic glitches in some applications and/or situations.
    Is there any fix for skiaGL coming? No, details here .
    To check if your current ROM version is using skiaGL do this:

Code:
    adb shell getprop debug.hwui.renderer
    If you get an empty result it means skiaGL is active.
    If for any reason you wanna go back and enforce OpenGL you can do so by

temporary (immediately activated):
    Code:
    adb root (must be enabled in dev options)
    adb shell setprop debug.hwui.renderer opengl

or make that change persistent:
    Code:
    boot TWRP
    backup system
    mount system
    adb shell
    echo "debug.hwui.renderer=opengl" >> /system/build.prop
    sync
    reboot

.-
    BREAKING NEWS
    I've decided to create a Telegram group for all stuff around Android : here
    and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here

New builds are cooking...

I have added a test in my jenkins build process to ensure that the unified device tree is working as it should.
    Unifying our device tree makes it much easier to maintain and to add other not-yet added models - while it comes with the risk something goes wrong when it comes to blobs.

Nevertheless:
    I would highly recommend doing the following (I have done that in my manual builds but you get it from jenkins - so there is a tiny little chance of bad luck .. ):

Pre-Cautions | Flashing instructions

1. Recommended: Backup (system, userdata in TWRP, your internal storage which contains your photos etc elsewhere)
    2. Required: Do a "REGULAR CLEAN FLASH" (see bottom of this post)
    3. Flash LOS - DO NOT choose to reboot afterwards - stay in TWRP.
    4. TWRP menu: "Mount" --> choose "System"
    5. From a terminal execute:
      Code:
      adb shell md5sum /system/etc/firmware/venus.mbn
    6. Compare the value (last 4 characters is fully enough) with these:
      If you flash:
      h815, f500, h818, h819 it should be: d1f6fe863643b1e8d1e597762474928c
      h810, h811, h812, ls991, us991, vs986 it should be: 78e5cf520d0de4a413ef1cfa7bbbe713
      WARNING: If that checksum is NOT as it should be: DO NOT PANIC! simply FLASH the PREVIOUS LOS version BEFORE booting!. This will ensure you will not blow a fuse.
      While the above test should be considered safe: If you are unsure about this procedure: WAIT before flashing until someone (or I) had done the above quick test from the builds jenkins is providing at my leech server.
    7. Whenever an error occurs while flashing in TWRP (e.g "E1001: Failed to update system image.Updater process ended with ERROR: 7")
      or if the above checksum does not match:
      provide the recovery.log (FAQ #4 A)!!
      ... then flash the previous LOS version to get back to life - without harming your device.
    8. if instead (as we all expect) all went well and you had opengapps before - ensure you reflash gapps

Cooking order & LIVE cooking view

• H815
    • H811
    • H815 UsU
    • VS986
    • H812
    • H810

Live - View:

Noteworthy Changes:

Flashing method: "REGULAR CLEAN FLASH" is REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (See the FAQ #2 of the LOS thread how to do this)

• If you encounter any overheat or lagging issues follow this:

Code:
      adb shell
      logcat -b all  -d | egrep -i "thermal|kill" > /sdcard/Download/log.txt
      ps -A  >> /sdcard/Download/log.txt
      free -m >> /sdcard/Download/log.txt 
      logcat -b crash -d >> /sdcard/Download/log.txt 
      exit 
      adb pull  /sdcard/Download/log.txt
      Share the log.txt as an attachment of your reply (bc txt is fine for that) or - as usual - by your favorite paste service

• Platform Security Patch: 2020-08-05

• Due to some user reports I reverted the GPS updates by kessaras. Please let me know if GPS works better with this build or not.

• New signing keys. You may now the "Trust" feature by LOS telling you if the build is trustworthy or not?! It checks if selinux is enforcing (it is in my builds) and if non-default signing keys (I sign my builds with my own ones) are in use.
      The signing keys are required to allow installing OTA updates (it downloads, checks if the signature is mine, rejects if not or accepts and installs if).
      Unfortunately I had to re-generate the signing keys that means you have to install this new build as usual in TWRP.
      All builds after that one will fully support OTA. sorry for that :p

• ...... and more. Read "Full details"

• Full details:
      kernel: commits
      g4-common tree: commits
      g4 unified tree: commits
      /e/OS: gitlab

Keep in mind that almost all pie ROM's sharing the same common device tree (or main parts of it), same model device trees and for sure the same kernel - so you can enjoy most fixes for any pie ROM available.. :victory:

ok enough of words, just one more thing:
    flash and enjoy this privacy focused and totally Google-Free experience :D

.-
    It's fantastic to see so much development effort for such an old but still wonderful device. Thank you all! Can't wait to try it out.