[ROM][Unofficial][pdx203][12.1] LineageOS 19.1 - 2022-06-29

Search This thread

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
1608644684231.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Before you begin:

• Please be aware that this is highly experimental and may contain bugs that prevent daily use. Current builds are for testing purposes only!
  • You should be on the Sony's official Android 12 Firmware, and the preferred version is 58.2.A.4.52.
  • Make sure that you know how to work with fastboot and ADB
  • See sections below to check existing known bugs / problems

Instructions:

A. ROM Preparation:
  1. Download the ROM package from the link provided in Download section (should be a zip file)
  2. Decompress the tar.gz file, and you should get a folder which contains a list of images
B. Device preparation:
  1. Make sure again that your phone is on the latest Android 12 firmware, preferred version would be 58.2.A.4.52
  2. Connect your phone to your computer
  3. Turn your phone off, and keep pressing the volume-up button until you see the LED light turns blue
  4. Type the following commands below to get into FastbootD Mode:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  5. You should see a screen with text: FastbootD
C. Flash the ROM

Flash the Lineage Recovery​
Code:
fastboot flash recovery.img

Reboot to the lineage recovery and sideload the zip

Code:
adb sideload [lineageos.zip]

You also need to erase the userdata if you flash the ROM from stock ROM​

Downloads:

Known Issues:

- "OK Google" Will not work when screen off (sound trigger problem?)

Tracklist:

Here I am listing things that are reported not working, so that I can have a TODO list:

Please report bugs you encountered

Device Trees:

Device Tree: https://github.com/hellobbn/android_device_sony_pdx203/tree/lineage-19.1
Common Tree: https://github.com/hellobbn/android_device_sony_edo-common
Kernel Source: https://github.com/hellobbn/android_kernel_sony_sm8250/tree/lineageos-19.1

Credits:

Huge thanks to:
Luk1337 and Sjllls for their help on debugging and fixing issues and device trees as references​

Footnotes:

1. As you can see, there are minor problems in this ROM, and I do want to have bug reports to make the ROM perfect one day
  2. If you are interested in fixing those bugs, you can contact me so that we can work together : ^ )

Last edited:

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Changelog:

Code:
- 2022-06-29
  -  Fixed microphone too low problem in some applications
  -  Fixed an issue causing the usb selection menu to grey out

Last edited:

Aug 12, 2014
Nice work! Thank you!
Should I "fastboot set_active a" before"fastboot flash boot boot.img"?

Oct 5, 2013
Well I have found a significant bug that's going to prevent daily use. In-call microphone doesn't work at all, even on speakerphone. Using the recorder app, I can pick up audio but it is very very quiet. Everything else seems to work well so far, though, besides the in-call audio fixed max volume.

I am on the XQ-AT51, and have flashed MindTheGapps provided by LineageOS

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Well I have found a significant bug that's going to prevent daily use. In-call microphone doesn't work at all, even on speakerphone. Using the recorder app, I can pick up audio but it is very very quiet. Everything else seems to work well so far, though, besides the in-call audio fixed max volume.

I am on the XQ-AT51, and have flashed MindTheGapps provided by LineageOS
Are you using the latest build? I think I have fixed issues regarding the call volume.

The microphone in the recorder app is quite, I can confirm it, though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used 20220922 rom,but I can't use usb for transfer,only can charge。。。。
    This is a known issue. Will be fixed along with the microphone problem.

You can try adb push as a workaround for now
    1608644684231.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Before you begin:

• Please be aware that this is highly experimental and may contain bugs that prevent daily use. Current builds are for testing purposes only!
    • You should be on the Sony's official Android 12 Firmware, and the preferred version is 58.2.A.4.52.
    • Make sure that you know how to work with fastboot and ADB
    • See sections below to check existing known bugs / problems

Instructions:

A. ROM Preparation:
    1. Download the ROM package from the link provided in Download section (should be a zip file)
    2. Decompress the tar.gz file, and you should get a folder which contains a list of images
    B. Device preparation:
    1. Make sure again that your phone is on the latest Android 12 firmware, preferred version would be 58.2.A.4.52
    2. Connect your phone to your computer
    3. Turn your phone off, and keep pressing the volume-up button until you see the LED light turns blue
    4. Type the following commands below to get into FastbootD Mode:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    5. You should see a screen with text: FastbootD
    C. Flash the ROM

Flash the Lineage Recovery​
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery.img

Reboot to the lineage recovery and sideload the zip

Code:
    adb sideload [lineageos.zip]

You also need to erase the userdata if you flash the ROM from stock ROM​

Downloads:

Known Issues:

- "OK Google" Will not work when screen off (sound trigger problem?)

Tracklist:

Here I am listing things that are reported not working, so that I can have a TODO list:

Please report bugs you encountered

Device Trees:

Device Tree: https://github.com/hellobbn/android_device_sony_pdx203/tree/lineage-19.1
    Common Tree: https://github.com/hellobbn/android_device_sony_edo-common
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/hellobbn/android_kernel_sony_sm8250/tree/lineageos-19.1

Credits:

Huge thanks to:
    Luk1337 and Sjllls for their help on debugging and fixing issues and device trees as references​

Footnotes:

1. As you can see, there are minor problems in this ROM, and I do want to have bug reports to make the ROM perfect one day
    2. If you are interested in fixing those bugs, you can contact me so that we can work together : ^ )
    I used 20220922 rom,but I can't use usb for transfer,only can charge。。。。
    This is a known issue. Will be fixed along with the microphone problem.

You can try adb push as a workaround for now