[ROM][Officiall][pdx203][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
1608644684231.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Downloads:

Known Issues:

You tell me :)

Device Trees:

Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_pdx203
Common Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_sm8250-common
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_sm8250

Credits:

Huge thanks to:
Luk1337 and Sjllls for their help on debugging and fixing issues and device trees as references​

Last edited:

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Changelog:

Code:
- 2022-10-13
  - So many things, see commits for details :)

- 2022-08-08
  - Added High Brightness Mode (HBM) in livedisplay
  - Added High Touch Reporting Rate (120Hz) switch

- 2022-08-02
  - Fixed color settings in the Settings application (Thanks to cramfs28)
    - Note that toggling "Creator Mode" in extra settings application will change the color setting
  -  Fixed an issue related to call microphone on T-Mobile sim cards
  - Fixed echo cancellation in loudspeaker mode when in call

- 2022-07-27
  - EXPERIMENTAL BUILD: May contain some extra functionalities that does not appear in final build
  - Added extra setting application
    - Added H.S. mode from Sony stock
    - Added creator display mode
  - Change default network type to 5G

- 2022-07-21
  - **IMPORTANT:** You will need to flash the recovery.img BEFORE you flash the ROM
    - Some ROM props changed, need to update the recovery
  - Added double tap to wake
  - Enabled picture enhancement feature in livedisplay
  - Fixed dual-SIM detection
  - Enabled touchscreen in recovery
  - Check other updates in commit logs

- 2022-07-18
  - Kernel
    - Imported kernel source code from sony 58.2.A.7.55
    - Merge CAF Tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-14300-SMxx50.0
    - Enabled wireguard driver (Need testing)
    - Initial merging of linux-stable (to 4.19.158)
  - Update files for 58.2.A.8.92

- 2022-06-29
  -  Fixed microphone too low problem in some applications
  -  Fixed an issue causing the usb selection menu to grey out

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2013
Well I have found a significant bug that's going to prevent daily use. In-call microphone doesn't work at all, even on speakerphone. Using the recorder app, I can pick up audio but it is very very quiet. Everything else seems to work well so far, though, besides the in-call audio fixed max volume.

I am on the XQ-AT51, and have flashed MindTheGapps provided by LineageOS

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Well I have found a significant bug that's going to prevent daily use. In-call microphone doesn't work at all, even on speakerphone. Using the recorder app, I can pick up audio but it is very very quiet. Everything else seems to work well so far, though, besides the in-call audio fixed max volume.

I am on the XQ-AT51, and have flashed MindTheGapps provided by LineageOS
Are you using the latest build? I think I have fixed issues regarding the call volume.

The microphone in the recorder app is quite, I can confirm it, though.

Last edited:

nixigaj

Jul 20, 2019
Just installed LOS 19.1 on my Xperia XZ1 Compact, and really miss the WireGuard kernel feature on my Xperia 1 II, where I can have multiple tunnels active at the same time. Do you have any plans to add the WireGuard kernel module in a future release?

Anyways, great release! I have not personally encountered any bugs/issues yet. I use microG Installer Revived (with whew-inc's FakeGApps fork and, LSPosed Framework), Universal SafetyNet Fix, and MagiskHide Props Config with the bundled Xperia 5 II build fingerprint to fully pass a SafetyNet Attestation Check.

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Just installed LOS 19.1 on my Xperia XZ1 Compact, and really miss the WireGuard kernel feature on my Xperia 1 II, where I can have multiple tunnels active at the same time. Do you have any plans to add the WireGuard kernel module in a future release?

Anyways, great release! I have not personally encountered any bugs/issues yet. I use microG Installer Revived (with whew-inc's FakeGApps fork and, LSPosed Framework), Universal SafetyNet Fix, and MagiskHide Props Config with the bundled Xperia 5 II build fingerprint to fully pass a SafetyNet Attestation Check.
Thanks for the report. Since I haven't used wireguard before, can you detail the information that can show whether this module is present in kernel or not?

nixigaj

Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for the report. Since I haven't used wireguard before, can you detail the information that can show whether this module is present in kernel or not?
When you enter settings in the WireGuard app, it will ask for root access to enable more features via the kernel module. Also if you run ls /sys/module/ | grep wireguard in a root terminal it will return wireguard.

I am not very well versed with Android kernel development but it seems as though the latest android-4.19-stable merge into the sony_sm8250 kernel tree happened before Google merged WireGuard into the android-4.19-stable kernel tree, and the sony_sm8250 kernel tree does not seem to have been updated since; thus /drivers/net/wireguard/ is missing, and gki_defconfig does not contain CONFIG_WIREGUARD=y.

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
When you enter settings in the WireGuard app, it will ask for root access to enable more features via the kernel module. Also if you run ls /sys/module/ | grep wireguard in a root terminal it will return wireguard.

I am not very well versed with Android kernel development but it seems as though the latest android-4.19-stable merge into the sony_sm8250 kernel tree happened before Google merged WireGuard into the android-4.19-stable kernel tree, and the sony_sm8250 kernel tree does not seem to have been updated since; thus /drivers/net/wireguard/ is missing, and gki_defconfig does not contain CONFIG_WIREGUARD=y.
The driver is there, see https://github.com/hellobbn/android_kernel_sony_sm8250/tree/lineage-19.1_new/drivers/net/wireguard

I have enabled the wireguard in my latest build, and you can try that out.

That said, not all upstream changes have been backported.

nixigaj

Jul 20, 2019

Attachments

• settings_with_kernel_module_backend.png
    settings_with_kernel_module_backend.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 340
  • asking_for_root.png
    asking_for_root.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 346
  • command_line_tools.png
    command_line_tools.png
    149 KB · Views: 308
  • multiple_active.png
    multiple_active.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 329

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Dear dev, I have flashed lineage-os-19.1-2022-0718, but dual sim not work:(
Thanks, I can confirm this problem. Will look into it.

EDIT: Could be expected behavior if you first boot the rom with single SIM and then insert the other card.

Temp Solution (After each boot):

1. Enable Root Debugging in Developer Options
2. Enter adb shell:
Code:
adb root
adb shell
3. Type the following command:
Code:
/odm/bin/sony_ext_uim_ctrl

EDIT2: The next release will fix this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealNoobKanger

RealNoobKanger

Jul 21, 2022
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 5
Thanks, I can confirm this problem. Will look into it.

EDIT: Could be expected behavior if you first boot the rom with single SIM and then insert the other card.

Temp Solution (After each boot):

1. Enable Root Debugging in Developer Options
2. Enter adb shell:
Code:
adb root
adb shell
3. Type the following command:
Code:
/odm/bin/sony_ext_uim_ctrl
thanks for your reply bro, should we set 1 to the /sys/class/devices/sony_ext_uim_ctrl/sony_ext_uim_ctrl_type ?
I tested it on your latest lineage os 19.1 build, dual sim works well now. thank you !

Last edited:

RealNoobKanger

Jul 21, 2022
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 5
thanks for your reply bro, did you means write 1 to the /sys/class/devices/sony_ext_uim_ctrl/sony_ext_uim_ctrl_type ?
I tested it on your latest build, dual sim works well now, should we add to the init to set " /sys/class/devices/sony_ext_uim_ctrl/sony_ext_uim_ctrl_type" when device use dual sim (aka. dsds)
I set the "/sys/class/devices/sony_ext_uim_ctrl/sony_ext_uim_ctrl_type" to 1 on my device with your lineage os build, ril works well not only dual sim but single sim (ss). should we set this value to "1" defaultly ?
No matter what, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your good rom, device tree and kernel source !

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
I set the "/sys/class/devices/sony_ext_uim_ctrl/sony_ext_uim_ctrl_type" to 1 on my device with your lineage os build, ril works well not only dual sim but single sim (ss). should we set this value to "1" defaultly ?
No matter what, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your good rom, device tree and kernel source !
Maybe this is related to SD card / SIM card detection, so I am not sure whether SD card will work properly if we set this always to be 1.

The exec file "/odm/bin/sony_ext_uim_ctrl" should take care of this. I forgot to label this exec file so it does not get executed when system boots, which causes the second sim not being detected. I have corrected that mistake now. If you are interested: https://github.com/hellobbn/android...mmit/68b69ac284cf3e4abe5464a2a70f37701581060f

Reactions: RealNoobKanger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the ROM. 21 seems to be working fine. Did have to jump though hoops to get the bank app working and contactless payments with google wallet working but it is working now.

Basically playcurl, Play Integrity Fix, LSPosed and Zygisk and the KernelSU and Hide My Applist app. Will probably do a guide on it at some point but I kinda just stumbled my way though it and some how got it work.

Thanks enese94 for the Sony Apps. Nice not to miss them even though I didn't really use them as I got this phone second hand just a few days ago and one of the first things I did was flash this ROM as the signal was really bad with the default firmware. It still is but at least this is more secure and I can mess around with it.
    1608644684231.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Downloads:

Known Issues:

You tell me :)

Device Trees:

Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_pdx203
    Common Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_sm8250-common
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_sm8250

Credits:

Huge thanks to:
    Luk1337 and Sjllls for their help on debugging and fixing issues and device trees as references​
    Changelog:

Code:
    - 2022-10-13
      - So many things, see commits for details :)

- 2022-08-08
      - Added High Brightness Mode (HBM) in livedisplay
      - Added High Touch Reporting Rate (120Hz) switch

- 2022-08-02
      - Fixed color settings in the Settings application (Thanks to cramfs28)
        - Note that toggling "Creator Mode" in extra settings application will change the color setting
      -  Fixed an issue related to call microphone on T-Mobile sim cards
      - Fixed echo cancellation in loudspeaker mode when in call

- 2022-07-27
      - EXPERIMENTAL BUILD: May contain some extra functionalities that does not appear in final build
      - Added extra setting application
        - Added H.S. mode from Sony stock
        - Added creator display mode
      - Change default network type to 5G

- 2022-07-21
      - **IMPORTANT:** You will need to flash the recovery.img BEFORE you flash the ROM
        - Some ROM props changed, need to update the recovery
      - Added double tap to wake
      - Enabled picture enhancement feature in livedisplay
      - Fixed dual-SIM detection
      - Enabled touchscreen in recovery

- 2022-07-18
      - Kernel
        - Imported kernel source code from sony 58.2.A.7.55
        - Merge CAF Tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-14300-SMxx50.0
        - Enabled wireguard driver (Need testing)
        - Initial merging of linux-stable (to 4.19.158)
      - Update files for 58.2.A.8.92

- 2022-06-29
      -  Fixed microphone too low problem in some applications
      -  Fixed an issue causing the usb selection menu to grey out
    Thanks for the response Clfbbn. That helps me from trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong. Love the ROM! Smooth and stable!

Not sure if this helps, but notification light works every time after the phone was plugged in. For example, if the phone is plugged in, a text comes in, and the phone is unplugged, the notification light switches to the correct color of the text app. This is the same with Snapchat, where the light turns yellow appropriately if the notification appeared when plugged in. The light persists in the correct color when the phone is unplugged. Hopefully that helps potentially remedy the problem. Everything else works flawlessly and this seems to be the only thing missing. Thank you so much!

-Tom
    We have re-implemented the notification light. It will work on next official build.

i really like the rom but i don't want the unlocked screen to appear when i restart the device :(( :(
    There is no way you can disable that :)
    Thank you again my bro, so dual sim will be fixed in next build ? You are the real hero for Xperia 1 II my bro.
    Yes, new builds have been uploaded