Oh yes I forgot to mention you could disable blur for a bit of added perfomance since I noticed it lags QS while its being pulled down by alotWell, that's the problem. Calling and getting called was fine, but SMS was broken. Bit of an issue with 2FA and setting up whatsapp. It randomly "fixed" itself some time later but it still says unknown number.
Experience so far is a bit all over the place.
The great things:
But some things are not great...
- The amount of customizability is amazing, so many things I can change to what I want without having to resort to lsposed and magisk modules. Especially button control was an absolute pain in the ass to setup on the stock rom.
- Having magisk boot images makes life a lot easier.
- Finally a toggle between "sane" and native res.
- Extensive power menu is nice
- Did I mention it looks great?
- Very clean ROM! But I think leaving out a browser is maybe a bit too clean :>
I'll be using it a bit more and share some of my experiences, but so far it looks very serviceable, a lot better than some GSI roms definitely.
- Lots of slowdowns in the ui. It is very clear that the phone is not outputting 120fps at times.
- Very poor battery life compared to A12 stock (with root and some mods, but nothing power related)
- Missing fingerprint rejection. Trust me, if I lock the phone with the button I do not want to unlock the phone with 1 microsecond.
- Device is a bit too trigger-happy waking up. I have the device laying next to my on my desk on the wireless charger and it seems to trigger for no reason.
Regarding power, not the first time on new boot battery life was poor. I'll be doing some testing and tweaking the settings to see if it improves with some settings (or by itself).