• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][PIE] LineageOS 16.0 for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X

Search This thread

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
What sort of battery are you getting?

i ran full treble process ...then ran treble GSI ..very good experience with ViperOs Pie GSI ...battery life was fine ...now I'm running another rom ..with same recovery ( treble) ...battery is good ..SOT maybe 4-6 hours depending on brightness setting etc ...standby 2 days ...moderate use and standby 1.5 days ..

if you have a problem it is

- gapps
- your personal settings
-some rogue application

highly doubt it is related to this build or the treble recovery friend ...

ShiftyBloke

Jan 13, 2011
That's what I'd like, i barely got 6 hours today. What could be the issue with gapps? How do i find what's going on?

So you ran new recovery, repartitioned, vendor and then done the gsi rom and all was good?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
What sort of battery are you getting?
Battery is ok(it's a new one as the last one swelled up) can't tell really how long battery lasts for I'm using it for testing as I have a spare swift 2 plus with lineage 15 which I use daily.for apps, I'm using stock(I know it's recommended to use Pico etc but both phones are working ok.as I said I only installed the treble twrp and no extra bits for lineage 16 except magisk and the stock g.apps calls,text, emails browser etc work. sorry if that doesn't help, but on lineage 15 I get about 7/8 hours battery life, that's with mainly calls lots of texts and emails.(and few YouTube videos) and no games.

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
That's what I'd like, i barely got 6 hours today. What could be the issue with gapps? How do i find what's going on?

So you ran new recovery, repartitioned, vendor and then done the gsi rom and all was good?

you need to limit backgrounding and unrestricted battery use of apps you think don't need it or that you don't use ofter in /settings/applications ..that gained me a lot of juice

amd yes i repartitioned and wiped and all ..because i wanted to use treble GSI's ..not just marmite roms ..so many treble roms ...some which work nicely .

but flashing other "normal" marmite roms afterwards works fine .

Last edited:

ShiftyBloke

Jan 13, 2011
you need to limit backgrounding and unrestricted battery use of apps you think don't need it or that you don't use ofter in /settings/applications ..that gained me a lot of juice

amd yes i repartitioned and wiped and all ..because i wanted to use treble GSI's ..not just marmite roms ..so many treble roms ...some which work nicely .

but flashing other "normal" marmite roms afterwards works fine .

Odd, when looking at the apps it says they're all optimised apart from a few services.

I might just have to roll back, lost almost 30% in 2 and a half hours :( over a hour of which I was riding my bike so it wasn't in any use.

Rom runs sweet as a nut though :D

Last edited:

ShiftyBloke

Jan 13, 2011
It seems worse when I have signal (work is very weak) wonder if I've missed a radio update

It also seemed better when I turned off the battery monitor

bpmarinho

Dec 29, 2010
TWRP, encryption

Thanks for the latest version from July 20190705.003 eng.nikith.20190708.205509, works very well.

Installed TWRP for marmite from official site but it's unable to mount data partition. I don't think I have encryption on since I have the encryption option to enable. If I change to ext2 then ext4 the data partition I'm able to see it but I loose all data. I'm also unable to enable encryption, it just shows green droid and then it looks like it did a soft reboot and encryption is not on.

How can I make TWRP work properly?
How can I make encryption work?

Thanks

Last edited:

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Thanks for the latest version from July 20190705.003 eng.nikith.20190708.205509, works very well.

Installed TWRP for marmite from official site but it's unable to mount data partition. I don't think I have encryption on since I have the encryption option to enable. If I change to ext2 then ext4 the data partition I'm able to see it but I loose all data. I'm also unable to enable encryption, it just shows green droid and then it looks like it did a soft reboot and encryption is not on.

How can I make TWRP work properly?
How can I make encryption work?

Thanks

you need to use the *treble* enabled recovery from fx-mod thread for treble

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

My battery experience with this Rom too is very bad. But most of all, the WiFi does not work. It says connected, but no traffic goes through.

my wifi is working ....you should try a clean flash

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

It seems worse when I have signal (work is very weak) wonder if I've missed a radio update

It also seemed better when I turned off the battery monitor

yeah low gsm / 3G / LTE signal is true ...perhaps it is related to stanby bug ...like eating battery because searching too much for signal ...also possible modifications about standby to save battery is the reason for losing signal or having low signal ..

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Hi, possible help me and someone help me for put back stock rom, and where find for download zip file for flash. Thank

well you installed crdroid and Lineage so you have twrp installed ...if you search "marmite" in forums you will find a thread with links to many different versions of stock rom including recovery flashable but even fastboot ones too ...there is even a QFIL guide one too for very hard brick

https://forum.xda-developers.com/swift-2/how-to/marmite-android-7-1-1-tos118c-fastboot-t3605101

*here you posted download links are dead but they are working

here is more

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sw...-ota-nougat-android-7-1-t3654999/post77826934

Last edited:

beertown

Dec 2, 2010
I have some random reboot-loops with a "Phone is starting..." message. I have to force poweroff long-pressing the power button and then power on in order to solve.
Anybody running this rom has (or, I hope, had) this problem?

Thanks

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Just checked Google drive, there is lineage 17 for marmite? is it a GSI IMG or for marmite?

Just flash it & tell

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I have some random reboot-loops with a "Phone is starting..." message. I have to force poweroff long-pressing the power button and then power on in order to solve.
Anybody running this rom has (or, I hope, had) this problem?

Thanks

Nope

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

i saw a new update today.
what's new ? changelog?

The OP is Russian and is mostly on 4PDA.... you can likely find the changelog or him or both there

So go there and tell the rest of us or just flash it and find out ...i mean an update is an update is an upgrade unless we're talking microsoft

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
As both my swift 2 plus's have GSI's on them,I just wanted to know.i guess I wait untill I get more info.thanks.

Yeah better just wait.....:silly:

It is like 5mins to make full twrp backup ..being on gsi is irrelevant ...recovery can jump between the roms with no fuss ..you can do a full restore if you are "unhappy" with the results ..

But like i said better wait ..the longer you wait the better the chances are of waking up .......;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Flineageos.org%2Fimages%2Flogo-2.png
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

What's working:
    - Bootable
    - RIL
    - WI-FI
    - BLuetooth (A2DP, aptX, Calls)
    - Audio (with sound amplifier too)
    - Sensors
    - LED
    - GPS
    - Video Playback
    - NFC
    - Fingerprint
    - Camera
    - Camcorder
    - Flash
    - FM Radio

What's not working:
    - Selinux

Installation:
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP 3.2 recovery recommended)
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon http://opengapps.org/
    • Reboot

Download:
    Source Code:
    Screenshoots and main post on 4PDA.

If you reporting a bug - please, attach system logs (aka logcat) and kernel logs (dmesg). If system crash randomly, check tombstone logs and console-rampoos.
    Thanks.

Contributors: vm03
    Android Version: 9.0 Pie
    Kernel version: 3.18.120
    Based On: LineageOS

Created: 02.03.2019
    Lats Updated: 14.04.2019
    My builds: https://vasy.ru/LineageOS-16/marmite/

What's working:
    - Boots
    - RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    - NFC
    - Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Audio
    - Sensors
    - LED
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint
    - Camera
    - Camcorder
    - Video Playback
    - Flash
    - FM radio

What's NOT working:
    - SELinux Permissive

Changelog

- fix FM radio
    - fix LiveDisplay
    - upstream updates
    - fix FP in apps
    - fix GPS crash
    - add WiFi display(miracast)(need testing)
    - upstream updates
    - You are welcome! ;) (first public release)

All source's also on DevelopedInside github
    Regarding Gcam , this modded version works perfectly for me , only slow-mo crashes .

MGCB_7.0H_C2API_Mid_v.3.6_AllinOne_Full_Manual

Download:

https://androidfilehost.com/?flid=207256&w=files
    https://vasy.ru/LineageOS-16/marmite/

- fix FM radio
    - fix LiveDisplay
    - upstream updates
    https://vasy.ru/LineageOS-16/marmite/

- fix FP in apps
    - fix GPS crash
    - add WiFi display(miracast)(need testing)
    - upstream updates