[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Pixel Experience 11][Dragon][2021/04/20]

Search This thread

Zapablast05

Dec 22, 2020
California
oh man. how in the world did you manage to get the custom 'PixelExperience.." to flash onto the C? and you had it working? i hate to be a pest, but can you direct me to some resources that would help me get to where you are in your phase of pixel c development?

Hey sorry it's been a while. What I did was follow only part of the instructions in the Pixel C General subforum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...covery-and-root-the-pixel-c-2-4-2016.3307183/

I essentially installed the fastboot drivers and used the Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit. Within the Wugfresh tool, I followed the guide from start to end including installing the newest version of TWRP offered in the tool kit (this is temporary). For the ROM install, I left the stock unlocked ROM.

---The following process is a blurred memory after much troubleshooting---

I booted back into the Pixel C and downloaded the latest version of TWRP. I booted into recovery and flashed the latest version of TWRP. Now, if this method doesn't work then you might have to reboot into fastboot and push the new TWRP version. I can't recall which method I used because I spent about a week trying to find a working ROM and a working method.

---------------

After I successfully booted into the stock unlocked ROM, I downloaded @michie's PE ROM, and flashed via TWRP. I did a factory wipe in TWRP before flashing the ROM, then wiped dalvik/cache after the flash process completed. First boot took a bit but ended up successfully booting. I finished up the process by flashing Magisk and called it a day

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
i just noticed that the new build includes google dialer and google messages which is not necessary for tablet?
Yeah, I will remove them in the next update. I need to manually exclude them every time I use a new build environment, very annoying... Sometimes I forget :)

MorbidBrain

• Dec 20, 2009
    The issue with the laggy Gapps disappeared for me after I flashed this new build. Can anyone confirm this with his device too?
    No, there are still lags when Chrome is started by another app. Nevertheless the performance is better as the HW acceleration seems to be turned on (with the known issues.)

BeniS98

Apr 16, 2018
    No, there are still lags when Chrome is started by another app. Nevertheless the performance is better as the HW acceleration seems to be turned on (with the known issues.)
    In case of Chrome, you are right. But the Play Store and YouTube does not have the lags anymore. They are opening almost instantly.

I have faced another issue: While at lock screen, my Pixel C does not turn into portrait mode. It stays in landscape mode. This is very annoying as I have to turn the tablet every time I want to type in the unlock password as I'm usually holding it like my smartphone. After unlock the automatic rotation works perfectly.

@michie Are you also planning to switch to 4.4 kernel?

b1ggjoe

Jun 10, 2011
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    @michie,

Just installed this ROM a few days ago. Came from this ROM here:

Bro, your ROM is awesome! Period. I almost gave up on my Pixel C...but it now has new life!!

A few quick questions:

- Right now, the Tablet is Un-Rooted. What is the recommended way to root this Tablet running your ROM?

- Also I'm currently running an older version of TWRP 3.2.3-0. Can you point me to a newer version of TWRP that you recommend for this device? My backups are failing with the infamous "createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255". However, before I begin to troubleshoot this, thought I would begin with upgrading TWRP.

- One feature that Google screwed us over with, was the ability to be able to use a bluetooth headset to make calls with the Pixel C over the internet (eg., Google Voice, WhatsApp, etc). I'm not sure the exact feature they limited, but I know it's been a common issue with many of the past custom ROMs for this device. As in, I don't believe this feature is even enabled with the Stock ROM.

As far as you're aware, is there any way to get this fixed?

Basically, I can have a bluetooth headset paired and connected, and have no audio issues listening to YouTube videos, Disney+, Hulu, Prime Video, YouTube TV and etc.

Even Zoom / Google Meet / Microsoft Teams meetings work perfectly.

But the minute I try to make a phone call via Google Voice or WhatsApp...when the call connects, it's like the bluetooth headset no longer works and I can only listen to the call via the Tablet speakers and when I speak, it only picks up my voice through the main Tablet mic.

Thank you in advance!!

BJ

Lostprophet85

Apr 17, 2018
    I have faced another issue: While at lock screen, my Pixel C does not turn into portrait mode. It stays in landscape mode.

Up until Android 9 I solved this problem with root by editing the build.prop file like described here:

I cannot comment on whether this still works in Android 11 as I stopped using lock screens years ago. If you have root, I would give that a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Any news?
      It's a slow proces but ill make a build with the old tree anyway of their stable branch in the coming days

Edit: New build is up
      GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Pixel C [Dragon]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies
      (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Known issues

You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download

XDA:DevDB Information
      PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Pixel C

Contributors

@michie, @followmsi

Source Code:
      https://github.com/ThaMichie
      https://github.com/followmsi

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2020-12-21
      Last Updated 2021-04-20
      Build with this months security patch will be delayed. I'm rebuilding the entire dragon device tree from scratch and implementing shield stuff.

Upcoming build will be stable PE11.
      Any news?
      It's a slow proces but ill make a build with the old tree anyway of their stable branch in the coming days

Edit: New build is up
      New build up for download!

Changes:
      - Fixed VULKAN support
      - Enabled ZRAM (25% of 3GB)
      - Switched drm_hwcomposer
      - Force GPU rendering on init
      - Set one more flag for UI optimizations

Thanks to @michie for all his work !

Enjoy :p

+ Switched to zram LZ4 compression in the kernel
      + Switched to SW codecs for now to fix video playback in chrome

Merry christmas everyone!
      I had a talk with @followmsi about the screencast feature. It seems that this has been taken out of android by google since pie (9.0) already. We need to patch the framework to bring this feature back although this has not been tested on 11 yet. If this truely is a much requested feature ill give it a shot to port it to 11 after PE releases their stable builds in march.

I had to reinstall my build enviroment so a new build with the feb security patch will be uploaded soon.

EDIT: New build up
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone