• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Pixel Experience 11][Dragon][2021/09/26]

Search This thread

thetample

Jul 1, 2020
Not sure if it's an old issue but it bugs out every time whenever I try to access an external USB (Latest version). tbh didn't need to use external drive that much it's just something noticed during restoring apps and files. In TWRP it's perfectly fine though.

TianMo

Oct 19, 2017
when use otg driver ,file manage will stop work .
Chrome sometimes freeze.
Google feed open web not quickly.

Last edited:

almorgs

Dec 23, 2010
My Pixel C just got delivered and the first thing I did was flash this ROM.

So far I am very impressed and greatful that there is an A11 ROM for a device 6 years old already! I've wanted this device since it was launched in 2015 but could never afford it. At £80 I don't think I did too badly!

I know that Widevine was revoked for the Pixel C so I sideloaded Netflix from APK Mirror. The Netflix stream still displays in SD. I know there is a way to circumnavigate this and force HD (I think)...Does anyone have the steps for this?

Reactions: TianMo and Alxoom33

BeniS98

Apr 16, 2018
I don't want to be rude, but isn't it better to fix the bugs in Android 11 first before porting a new android version which probably comes with a ton of new bugs?

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
I don't want to be rude, but isn't it better to fix the bugs in Android 11 first before porting a new android version which probably comes with a ton of new bugs?

Don't worry, I understand your point however there is no way to fix the bugs caused by old drivers on a new Android version. We don't have any reference nvidia device on a 3.18 kernel. Aside from that there is ALOT of nvidia specific stuff missing in the google kernel so newer drivers can never be swapped between the nvidia and google kernel.

It's alot easier developing for Qualcomm devices as many brands release phones with the same chip and newer drivers. They can switch out the drivers, we can't.

In short, we fix what we can fix. Aside from that, I still have hope in the 4.9 kernel so that makes putting tons of work in our old 3.18 kernel useless.

Android 12 is also a question mark as I'm getting errors related to the GPU drivers so I dont know yet if it will be fixable or not.

Sparty73

Feb 4, 2012
Michigan
Don't worry, I understand your point however there is no way to fix the bugs caused by old drivers on a new Android version. We don't have any reference nvidia device on a 3.18 kernel. Aside from that there is ALOT of nvidia specific stuff missing in the google kernel so newer drivers can never be swapped between the nvidia and google kernel.

It's alot easier developing for Qualcomm devices as many brands release phones with the same chip and newer drivers. They can switch out the drivers, we can't.

In short, we fix what we can fix. Aside from that, I still have hope in the 4.9 kernel so that makes putting tons of work in our old 3.18 kernel useless.

Android 12 is also a question mark as I'm getting errors related to the GPU drivers so I dont know yet if it will be fixable or not.
Thank you very much for all your work on this six year old device. It's awesome!

Looks like Google may be releasing a tablet-centric build of 12 next year that would be perfect for the Pixel C:

locuturus

I'm tentatively hopeful for how Android 12 turns out. On my Pixel 4a I found Android 12 to perform better compared to 11: less jank, faster overall, almost no penalty for using accessibility services, that kind of thing. Given that the major issue on Android 11 for me on the Pixel C is jank and long waits for something to resolve in the background I sort of hope this is a good update for our old tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Pixel C [Dragon]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies
    (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Known issues

You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Pixel C

Contributors

@michie, @followmsi

Source Code:
    https://github.com/ThaMichie
    https://github.com/followmsi

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-12-21
    Last Updated 2021-09-26
    Build with this months security patch will be delayed. I'm rebuilding the entire dragon device tree from scratch and implementing shield stuff.

Upcoming build will be stable PE11.
    It's a slow proces but ill make a build with the old tree anyway of their stable branch in the coming days

Edit: New build is up
    I will upload a new build today or tomorrow

Edit: Build is up
    I won't support 11 anymore. 12 will be the next build in a new thread.