• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Pixel Experience 9.0 / 10.0 Beta [HAMMERHEAD] [25-DEC-2019]

Which Pixel Experience Version you Prefer ?

• PE Ten

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • PE Ten Plus

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • PE Pie

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • PE Pie Plus

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Update on Android Q /10 beta:

Clean flash + Pico gapps + Magisk

Boots fast! WiFi, phone&data, gps, cast all work out of the box. Systemless hosts w/Adaway too

Pixel experience settings- cannot find them anywhere.

This thing is smooth, fast, looks awesome!

Sofar I don't remember a beta ROM that was so fluent right from the first build.

Haven't checked Bluetooth yet, but whatever previous ROMs since Nougat or Oreo were all suffering from garbled sound, so I am prepared for dissapointment ?

Edit: NFC works, Bluetooth- check (wireless headphones with YouTube video) loud and clear.

Again, my full gratitude for this build! Awesome, chapeau and all the rest! It Rocks.

Last edited:

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
One strange thing- applications that require notification access I get a "not available for this device" error.
Also Google search and assistant- can install only the "go" versions. Maybe has got to do with the gapps version that I've installed. not so important at the moment IMO

M Asad Khilji

Mar 6, 2015
Lahore
One strange thing- applications that require notification access I get a "not available for this device" error.
Also Google search and assistant- can install only the "go" versions. Maybe has got to do with the gapps version that I've installed. not so important at the moment IMO

Normal PE 10 build size was exceeding our system partition size. So this build was compiled with Go to reduce system size from 2GB to within our 1.5GB system size (i also excluded some Gapps). That's why some features are not available in settings.

edu24lal

Nov 4, 2013
Update on Android Q /10 beta:

Clean flash + Pico gapps + Magisk

Boots fast! WiFi, phone&data, gps, cast all work out of the box. Systemless hosts w/Adaway too

Pixel experience settings- cannot find them anywhere.

This thing is smooth, fast, looks awesome!

Sofar I don't remember a beta ROM that was so fluent right from the first build.

Haven't checked Bluetooth yet, but whatever previous ROMs since Nougat or Oreo were all suffering from garbled sound, so I am prepared for dissapointment

Edit: NFC works, Bluetooth- check (wireless headphones with YouTube video) loud and clear.

Again, my full gratitude for this build! Awesome, chapeau and all the rest! It Rocks.

What about safetynet? Does it pass safetynet

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Android Q /10 beta ROM & GApps install nicely. But when I install Magisk v20.1 it blackscreens on boot.

@jaibar : How did you successfully install Magisk?
I downloaded beforehand all apks that I'd need before flashing this ROM: Gboard,pico gapps, magisk apk, etc.

In recovery, wiped system, data, cache everything (except internal storage of course).

Flashed ROM, followed by pico gapps.

Booted, skipped the Google setup (because no keyboard yet).

Once able to see the main screen, got to files/downloads right where the keyboard and magisk apks are.

Installed keyboard, then Magisk. Used Magisk to download and install the zip.

When prompted- rebooted, then was able to complete account login etc.

Today I used it for gps navigation, some phone calls etc. Battery consumption with screen on seems normal, standby is also okay.

No complains. I don't need the safetynet, so for me that's not a problem. Also with previous ROMs I never managed to hide root properly anyway. I can also live with some GO stuff instead of full versions- probably better for this ancient device ?

Last edited:

blambo

Jul 28, 2010
I downloaded beforehand all apks that I'd need before flashing this ROM: Gboard,pico gapps, magisk apk, etc.

In recovery, wiped system, data, cache everything (except internal storage of course).

Flashed ROM, followed by pico gapps.

Booted, skipped the Google setup (because no keyboard yet). ?...........

Thank you for your reply!

Did this install routine from the beginning, and now five more times. Installed the ROM w/GApps, booted, then kb, network, etc, and it worked just fine. Surprisingly snappy in fact. Then installed magisk, (in every way possible), reboot, then blackscreen.

Tried SuperSU, booted, but ran badly. So, back to magisk. (I've tried earlier versions of that too, no joy.)

I'm on bootloader version HHZ720h and TWRP 3.3.1-1 UA, repartition 1.5gb.

If you don't mind? What versions of bootloader and TWRP are you using?

(We gifted this phone to niece 6 years ago, suffered two cracked screens and a dead battery over its lifetime and had been left in a drawer. Returned dead and broken? Sure, no problem. New screen & battery from China $20 total. About the easiest 15 minute hardware repair I've ever done on any Android device. The Toyota 4x4 of Android phones.)

Now I really want to use this incredible hammerhead, w/Q & rooted, for the latest version of VPN Hotspot, (making it a seriously featured pocket-sized AC VPN travel router).

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Theittus

Nov 13, 2010
Bangkok
Screenshot Nexus 5 and PE10 Beta Rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191230-144442.jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-144442.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 592
  • Screenshot_20191230-144535.png
    Screenshot_20191230-144535.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 593
  • Screenshot_20191230-151629.png
    Screenshot_20191230-151629.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 549
  • Screenshot_20191230-151643.png
    Screenshot_20191230-151643.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 559
  • Screenshot_20191230-152018.jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-152018.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:

philipped346

Jun 25, 2010
In the mountain
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for your reply!

Did this install routine from the beginning, and now five more times. Installed the ROM w/GApps, booted, then kb, network, etc, and it worked just fine. Surprisingly snappy in fact. Then installed magisk, (in every way possible), reboot, then blackscreen.

Tried SuperSU, booted, but ran badly. So, back to magisk. (I've tried earlier versions of that too, no joy.)

I'm on bootloader version HHZ720h and TWRP 3.3.1-1 UA, repartition 1.5gb.

If you don't mind? What versions of bootloader and TWRP are you using?

(We gifted this phone to niece 6 years ago, suffered two cracked screens and a dead battery over its lifetime and had been left in a drawer. Returned dead and broken? Sure, no problem. New screen & battery from China $20 total. About the easiest 15 minute hardware repair I've ever done on any Android device. The Toyota 4x4 of Android phones.)

Now I really want to use this incredible hammerhead, w/Q & rooted, for the latest version of VPN Hotspot, (making it a seriously featured pocket-sized AC VPN travel router).

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
hello, update twrp to 3.3.1 2.0GO HH then flash rom , gapps and magisk 20.1 and reboot ;)

Reactions: blambo and jaibar

philipped346

Jun 25, 2010
In the mountain
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Poco F1
Last edited:
Reactions: blambo and Theittus

wallefclima

Jul 20, 2016
Goiânia - Goiás
---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Pixel Experience 10 Experimental Build
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xhhHP0qVasDMyUzg3zVuZdfYFweZC8a0/view

Who can test this build and report ?
- Check if it boots
- Check for possible issues/bugs

Note: Keyboard is not included in this build, you have to install it via apk or playstore.

Thanks.
Asad

IT'S BEAUTIFUL TO SEE THIS, THAT OUR NEXUS 5 DON'T DIE EVER HEHE:eek:;)

blambo

Jul 28, 2010
I don't remember where I downloaded it but I will share it in a moment.
https://mega.nz/#!7l5GUAjL!Fx4gqwf9Xnh4-255a_1TsdaX446f-RRF1rW06HEbof4

Aargh. I am going to give up for a while. Magisk just doesn't function correctly and forces blackscreen on reboot. (I don't think it's a bootloop as it just doesn't even power cycle).

AICP, crD, Lineage, and PE (Pie 9) all work fine on this HH with Magisk . But I can't figure out why 10 isn't working on this particular phone. Some partition corrupted I would imagine, have tried basically everything though, complete rebuild, several TWRPs, and even pre-rooting.

I just wanted to say many thanks for your help. I'll work on it again later, till then it's crDroid (it alone supports and shares VPN Hotspot 'DHCP w/VPN' addressing, correctly on Hammerhead).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FMOzKgPvLPaWB_b4AbFukRos8nB8%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Bugs
    Tell me...

Instructions to flash:​
    Increase system partition from 1GB to 1.5GB (If already increased then leave this)
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe system, data, dalvik and cache
    Flash Pe
    Reboot

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download Pixel Experience Rom
    Download Pixel Experience Plus Edition Rom
    TWRP 3.3.1-HH-hammerhead
    Screenshots

Code:
    How to increase system 1GB to 1.5GB (assuming that you have unmodified partitions):
    NOTE: You need to increase /system partition in order to install any pie ROM with Gapps.

1. Flash twrp-3.3.1-HH-hammerhead.img
    2. Open terminal (TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal)
    3. Type hh_repart -m
    4. Wait until your phone reboots.

How to revert everything:
    1. Open terminal (TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal)
    2. Type hh_repart -r
    3. Wait until your phone reboots.
    4. Install original TWRP (3.3.1-0 at the current moment)

Sources:
    Device Tree: Link
    Kernel Tree: Link
    Vendor Tree: Link

Note: Since @Demoxing is inactive, I have decided to build Pixel Experience Rom for our beloved Nexus 5 aka Hammerhead and keep it alive. :) :fingers-crossed: :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project Extended, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    M Asad Khilji, z3DD3r, Sashko98, Demoxing, EnesSastim

Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-01

Created 2019-10-01
    Last Updated 2019-10-01
    Pixel Experience Plus Edition build is up!

Guys,

I just uploaded the New Build of Pixel Experience Plus Edition. Anyone wants to try, Here is the download link. Clean Flash is recommended. Looking forward to your feedback on this build.
    Following is the list of features added in this build:

Features:

Buttons
    • Invert navbar keys
    • Volume wake
    • Volume music control
    • Torch on power menu
    • Disable power menu on the lock screen
    Status bar
    • 4G/LTE toggle
    • VoLTE icon toggle
    • Quick pulldown
    • Traffic Indicator
    • Disable quick settings on the lock screen
    Lights
    • Battery pulse when low toggle
    Gestures
    • Swipe with three fingers to take a screenshot
    Display
    • Live display
    • Switch to dark theme based on time of the day
    • Pocket detection
    • Double tap to sleep on the status bar and lock screen
    • Ability to force full screen and ignore notch, useful for games and Netflix
    • Custom accents color
    Sound and Vibration
    • Vibrate on connect call
    • Ringtone chooser for 2nd sim card
    • Fingerprint vibration
    • Screenshot sound
    Lock screen
    • Lockscreen art toggle
    Quick Settings Tiles
    • Sync
    • Heads up
    • Caffeine
    • Live display and reading mode

Note: I will add the Plus Edition Build link to OP later.

I hope you like this release ;)
    Asad
    Pixel Experience 10 Experimental Build
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xhhHP0qVasDMyUzg3zVuZdfYFweZC8a0/view

Who can test this build and report ?
    - Check if it boots
    - Check for possible issues/bugs

Note: Keyboard is not included in this build, you have to install it via apk or playstore.

Thanks.
    Asad
    Reserved

Changelog:

10 - October - 19
    - Pixel Experience Pie Plus Edition Build
    - Features Detail Here

01 - October - 19
    - September Security Patch
    - Merged with latest sources
    - Up to date Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree as per final 26/9 LOS 16 Build
    what a beautiful rom, thanks for making our N5 alive to this day :)

Hi,

Nexus 5 is my daily driver. I will try to keep it alive as long as i can. For now working on "SELinux Enforcing" Build and after that some more Updates to follow. Once we get stable Unofficial Android 10, Will try to build Pixel Experience 10 for our device. :fingers-crossed:

Special Thanks to @z3DD3r for his help. It was not possible without him. ;)