[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus [Android 13.0][JUDYLN][Updated 26-08-2023]

Search This thread
May 25, 2018
LG G7 ThinQ
The rom is really good. However, I have a microphone issue (G7 EMW). Whenever there is a call the default microphone is set to this LM-G710 (Image attached below), and the caller is not able to hear me. I would have to change it to the Phone mic again for proper call audio. (I flashed firmware EMW before flashing the Custom Rom. I would like some insight on this.
Thank you.
try use stock: G710EM30h_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0927

Juleast

Thank you for your hard work! I'm thinking of using this as my daily driver so some features I have to consider working: Does LTE work properly? How is the camera quality? Any notable bugs except for those mentioned by OP? Thank you to anyone who may answer my inquiries.
Edit: Forgot to ask, is my stock fine for just unlocking BL and flashing this ROM? I have LG-G710AWM30e

Last edited:

Juleast

So, I have decided to unlock the BL and flash this ROM. I followed everything and I'm currently using the ROM fine. At first, I tried testing the mic in the recorder but the recorder would glitch and set the default mic to the Line-In which wasn't plugged in. Then I realized I overlooked the required stock requirements (I was on 30e not 30d) so I flashed the correct stock rom and then redid all the steps but the recorder app still thinks that my mic should be set to Line-In first which is weird. It no longer glitches and I can change the mic to the phone's one. I haven't tested calling yet but I'm worried I might have to change my mic every time when I'm on a call. Is there a way to make the default mic get set correctly? The rest of the ROM seems to work fine except for that fact that the battery seems to drain a bit faster than stock...
Any suggestions, solutions or advice would be appreciated

All in all amazing ROM! Thanks for your hard work OP!

Edit: Turns out calls works fine. No need to change mic so thumbs up for that. One issue I also found is that Quad DAC isn't working. Is this a universal issue or is it just me? I'm using BT earbuds btw since I don't use wired but can't seem to turn Quad DAC on. Anyone know how I could turn this on?

Edit 2: The battery seems to drain a LOT faster than when I was on stock. I don't understand the reason for this as it should have Emanuel's kernel...

Last edited:

ItsaSEDworld

Feb 19, 2019
My g7 is now stuck on Nov 22 security update and refuses to load updates (notification message "couldn't install updates"). I also can't find any options related to updates in the settings- not even in the Developers Options, e.g. "Automatic System Updates". While the settings search seems to show them, nothing is visible or clickable otherwise, it's like they're all "hidden". Is this a bug or a "feature" ?

Dec 13, 2020
So, your variant is the EMW? You have to double-check because the variants can be confusing sometimes. Did you ever check it in the service menu in stock before you flashed the required stock firmware?
My original model g710n Korean variant... I flashed em30h was audio worked during calls but LTE doesn't work only 3g network was working 😢

zMarkTM

Mar 6, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a little problem that until now is being annoying since I changed the rom, I left BlazeOS for PE Plus (13.0) and, until then, no other problem except my connectivity, When using wi-fi and mobile data, I notice a difference in signal stability, especially with mobile data, my current operator doesn't help much either, but I changed my cell phone to prove my hypothesis and, yes, my phone is broken lol, it could be the rom too because before changing it I didn't have the problems I face now...
If anyone has any tips on what to do, I'd appreciate it.

If anything written is strange, know that I'm Brazilian and I'm using GBoard to translate everything into English kkkk

-LG G7 Thinq 04/64Gb LM710EWM-

Juleast

Hello everyone, I have a little problem that until now is being annoying since I changed the rom, I left BlazeOS for PE Plus (13.0) and, until then, no other problem except my connectivity, When using wi-fi and mobile data, I notice a difference in signal stability, especially with mobile data, my current operator doesn't help much either, but I changed my cell phone to prove my hypothesis and, yes, my phone is broken lol, it could be the rom too because before changing it I didn't have the problems I face now...
If anyone has any tips on what to do, I'd appreciate it.

If anything written is strange, know that I'm Brazilian and I'm using GBoard to translate everything into English kkkk

-LG G7 Thinq 04/64Gb LM710EWM-
Signal stability as in what's showing up on the signal icon? Or is that the actual quality of the signal you're concerned about? Note that from Android 12 and up, the signal icon has a visual bug where it doesn't change the level of signal due to missing drivers for these Android versions. The last known supported version for our chipset was Android 11. So on that version, the signal is working fine. I have tested it myself on the Evolution X A11 ROM. But I didn't like the limited features so switching to the A13 version 😅.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus for LG G7 ThinQ [judyln]

A special thanks to @EmanuelCN for work hardly on Device Tree, Kernel and Recovery, without it this Rom wouldn't be possible.

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    VoLTE (Will never work on custom roms on LG phones).
    10 bit video recording (Watching content in 10 bit works, you just cant record video in 10 bit format).
    You tell me!

Changelog 26-08-2022
    ROM Changelog: August Security Patch merged.
    Device: New Improvements made by EmanuelCN

Differences between Pixel Experience and Pixel Experience Plus
    PixelExperience

Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization
    Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

PixelExperience (Plus edition)

All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

DOWNLOAD:
    Android 13.0

PixelExperience_judyln-13.0-20230826-1426-UNOFFICIAL.zip

PixelExperience_Plus_judyln-13.0-20230826-2059-UNOFFICIAL.zip

OrangeFox
    fastboot-tools.zip
    fastboot-driver.zip
    fix-fastboot.zip
    (You'll may need this)

QUICK FASTBOOT-DRIVER GUIDE INSTALLATION:
    How to install:
    1. Extract the fastboot-driver.zip.
    2. Open device manager
    3. Click right on " Android " it should have a yellow warning icon, press on update driver
    4. Select browse my computer then press on let me pick from a list of available drivers
    5. Press on Have disk and then go to where you have extracted the zip file and select android_winusb.inf
    6. Done.

IF YOU FACE SOME FASTBOOT ISSUES DOWNLOAD FIX-FASTBOOT ZIP :
    Instructions: Copy it in main directory (usually in C: drive) and run it as administrator, problem solved.

ORANGEFOX GUIDE:
    If you have acces to fastboot, download fastboot-driver.zip and fastboot-tools.zip for the tools necessary to boot ofox.
    Open the CMD and use the following command to boot ofox:

fastboot boot ofox-metadata.img

If you don't have access to fastboot, enter in 9008 mode, open qfil and load ofox image on boot_a and boot_b then force reboot (hold volume - and power button for 10s), after it reboots it will get you automatly in ofox.

DISCLAIMER FLASHING OFOX IN QFIL WILL LEAD IN YOUR ROM NOT BOOTING AS LG G7 IS AN A/B DEVICE WHICH MEANS IT DOESN'T HAVE A RECOVERY PARTITION, BOOT IMAGE IS MANDATORY FOR YOUR PHONE TO BOOT, FLASHING OFOX USING QFIL ITS ONLY FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO FLASH A CUSTOM ROM AS IT OVERWRITES THE BOOT IMAGE WITH THE CERTAIN ROM'S ONE.

INSTALLATION
    NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

"ROM Firmware Required: Must be on 30F EM, 30D EMW/EAW/AWM, 30D EMW for N model"

CLEAN FLASH : (If on A11/A12/A12L/A13 based rom other than Pixel Experience)

1. Boot in OFOX metadata;

2. Format Data (Press on the recycle bin icon —-> format data ——> type yes);

3. FROM HERE YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN 2 METHODS TO FLASH:

3.1. USING ADB SIDELOAD:

3.1.1. Press on "back" and flash the rom using adb sideload (Go to 3 lines in the bottom right corner, choose "ADB Sideload", Then "Swipe-->", open the cmd from adb tools folder in computer, then type "adb sideload", hit "Enter", then < drag and drop the zip over the cmd>);
    3.1.2. Flash ofox zip the same way through adb sideload, it will automatically reboot to ofox after flashing is done;
    3.1.3. Flash magisk (Optional);

3.2. OR IF YOU HAVE A MICROSD CARD, YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS:
    3.2.1. Move the rom and ofox.zip file into your microsdcard;
    3.2.2. Press on "/sdcard" area and choose "Micro SDCard", navigate straight into your rom zip file, then press on it, then "swipe ---->", it will start flashing it;
    3.2.3. After flash the rom, locate your ofox zip file and flash it as you did with the rom;
    3.2.4. Flash Magisk (Optional);

4. Change filesystem to f2fs (Go to 3 lines in bottom right corner ----> manage partitions ----> select data -----> change fs ------> f2fs);
    5. Reboot.

DIRTY FLASH/UPGRADE ROM : (If you are already on Pixel Experience)
    DISCLAMER: DON'T DIRTY FLASH PLUS VERSION OVER STANDARD VERSION OR VICE VERSA!!!

• Boot in OFOX metadata;
    • Flash the rom zip;
    • Flash ofox zip, it will automatically reboot the phone to ofox after the flashing is done;
    • Flash magisk (Optional);

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Pixel Experience Official Telegram channel
    Pixel Experience blog
    Emanuel's Hub LG G7/V40 ThinQ
    LG G7 ThinQ community

Created 2022-06-28
    Last Updated 2022-08-26

Screenshots:
    A friendly reminder to all:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you.

-Regards: Badger50
    My G7 still work fine, but now there is a message:
    View attachment 5701543
    When I touch this message, nothing happened. Can you explain? Thanks
    Its because you device is spoofed as a google pixel, so it receive the updates notifications just like the real google pixel does, but you cant install, because the update wasn't made for your device
    OrangeFox download link isn't working do something, please.
    Is it possible to relock the bootloader after installing this custom ROM?
    You can find a guide in the area dedicated to the guides and the relative discussions. I haven't tried it. I've only remembered to have seen it some days ago.