[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Pons AOKP JB Inc builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zimlokks

Jan 31, 2012
Los Angeles
umm i was thinking this happened before on aokp bt ics the problem was the copybit or something of that nature could this be :confused:the problem once again?

Sent From ADR6300 running Pon's CM10

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
umm i was thinking this happened before on aokp bt ics the problem was the copybit or something of that nature could this be :confused:the problem once again?

It's always a possibility, but hard to confirm without a logcat. I lost my usb cable during my camping trip, so I have to use adb over wireless, which I can't do till it finishes booting.

On that note, work on this ROM has stopped till someone can provide me with a logcat.

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
It's always a possibility, but hard to confirm without a logcat. I lost my usb cable during my camping trip, so I have to use adb over wireless, which I can't do till it finishes booting.

On that note, work on this ROM has stopped till someone can provide me with a logcat.

I'll send u a link to a cheap micro USB cord ...... can't do any log cats right now I'm kinda building cm10 so its a dinosaur to use .. meaning my PC so maybe I can get one at a later date

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-A...2680402&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=mivro+use+cable

Its got real good reviews especially for $5

Sent from my EPAD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zimlokks

Jan 31, 2012
Los Angeles
ok ill download and logcat...anything specific that i should be looking for or just a raw logcat
ok btw i kno gow to adb logcat bt during boot were should the output be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pons

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
ok ill download and logcat...anything specific that i should be looking for or just a raw logcat

I'd just do a raw logcat, and wait till it starts looping (it probably will). You can always focus on errors, but the debugging and info tags are nice. Try not to leave too much out (or any, if you don't mind), as the error might just be generic when the root cause is earlier. Feel free to PM me a pastebin or similar of it, if you're worried about spreading potential private info, though none of that should show up yet. Of course, screen it yourself first.

mhejek

Sep 28, 2012
Last build with ponds gapps working very impressive. my VoIP working too:thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
well that took longer than expected lol well i pm'd him(pon) the link lets hope its of good use :)

Thanks. The error that's breaking things is:

Code:
E/libEGL  (  103): eglGetDisplay:123 error 300c (EGL_BAD_PARAMETER)

E/libEGL  (  103): eglInitialize:139 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

E/libEGL  (  103): validate_display:209 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

F/libc    (  103): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 149 (SurfaceFlinger)

Last build with ponds gapps working very impressive. my VoIP working too:thumbup:

I'm assuming you mean this one here? I uploaded it but fell asleep before I could post when it was done. Also, if ya'll could, check YouTube playback, camera, and camcorder, and let me know how those three things work.

aokp_inc_PONS_Nov-11-12.zip - 95.86 MB

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
Thanks. The error that's breaking things is:

Code:
E/libEGL  (  103): eglGetDisplay:123 error 300c (EGL_BAD_PARAMETER)

E/libEGL  (  103): eglInitialize:139 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

F/libc    (  103): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 149 (SurfaceFlinger)

I'm assuming you mean this one here? I uploaded it but fell asleep before I could post when it was done. Also, if ya'll could, check YouTube playback, camera, and camcorder, and let me know how those three things work.

aokp_inc_PONS_Nov-11-12.zip - 95.86 MB

So it was the display drivers.... hey I was actually right about the problem im learning :)

Sent from my EPAD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
oK so here is a question or 2, does this rom or albinoman rom have wireless undetectable tethering on the inc? Will the new 4.2 gapps work with this rom? and Does bluetooth and everything else work good yet? I been using evervolv p7 rom and its been too long since i moved to another one lol so I got the itch to move, just need to choose solid one cuz its snow removal season and can't afford bluetooth and phone not to work while plowing snow.

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
ok so what are the differences I will notice btwn cm10 and aokp? I really don't which is which. stable or nightly, I ran across a road block on goo app when I decided to try Pons builds there they both were, so what do i choose lol I just want bluetooth and camera to work besides the sms and phone has to be perfect lol

Last edited:

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
ok so what are the differences I will notice btwn cm10 and aokp? I really don't which is which. stable or nightly, I ran across a road block on goo app when I decided to try Pons builds there they both were, so what do i choose lol I just want bluetooth and camera to work besides the sms and phone has to be perfect lol

Aokp is worked on less because he would rather run cm10 so cm10 may be more stable and definitely faster

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kramer56

kioshi

Feb 9, 2011
Fremont, CA
Aokp is worked on less because he would rather run cm10 so cm10 may be more stable and definitely faster

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

For myself, I found AOKP to be more stable and not slow down due to low ram. I went from the latest CM10 nightlies to the AOKP nightlies.
My phone's power button does not work unless i press it down all the way forcefully deep thus i need volume wake to turn on my phone lol.

Pons, great work on the AOKP version!

I get flickering on the camera mode. Video works fine, just the camera mode flicker is a bit annoying.

Akomack

Aug 30, 2010
For myself, I found AOKP to be more stable and not slow down due to low ram. I went from the latest CM10 nightlies to the AOKP nightlies.
My phone's power button does not work unless i press it down all the way forcefully deep thus i need volume wake to turn on my phone lol.

Pons, great work on the AOKP version!

I get flickering on the camera mode. Video works fine, just the camera mode flicker is a bit annoying.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I tried cm10 and have had problems (I'm really kinda bored with cm lately)AOKP has run very smoothly, I'll probably be going back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP JB Pons

Goo.Im Download for Kangs

Dev-Host Mirror

(updated only on request)

MediaFire Mirror
    (updated only on request)

Evervolv Gapps
    (recommended due to their smaller size)

Goo.Im Gapps

Merged Commits for Jellybean
    (aka Changelog)

What this ROM is:

Removed (with my suggested replacements, if any)
    • SuperSU (I use Superuser compiled from source instead)

Known issues:
    • PREFACE: I haven't tested this as extensively as CM10, so there may be hidden bugs. It's early, and I'm going for coffee.
    • Currently doesn't boot. Working on it to get it fixed.
    • Performance settings, particularly CPU, don't stick
    • Watching YouTube videos causes the phone to reboot flickers occasionally
    • Video camera has a very low fps (it stutters)
    • USB Tether (and the toggle for it) FC's
    • anymore, let me know

Source/Sauce (in case you missed it)

FAQ:

[Q] Gee, Pons, this here looks fun. How do I compile it myself?
    [A]Here ya go, lil guy. Just follow these instructions: How to Compile AOKP JB for the Inc (if you encounter any issues using this to compile, please report here so I can troubleshoot and update if need be)

Why a thread? Basically, a couple of users have asked me to do this, and jellybellys hasn't pushed one out in almost two months, nor responded to his thread in even longer. I did ask him if he plans to continue support via PM, and he said yes (but is busy with a thing called life), so this is only to tide those over who like AOKP over CM10. I'll quit building them when he starts up again.

Credits/Thanks

All credit goes to Cyanogen and the rest of the CM team (who's work Team Kang borrows heavily from), and especially our HTC Incredible maintainers, as listed by the CyanogenMod site: jistone (aka CUViper/This Guy), slayher, and of course, koush. Of course, don't forget about the Evervolv team, who has given our qsd8k device a lot of love. And how could we forget Team Kang, since this is AOKP, after all

In addition, I'd like to thank Albinoman for bringing AOSP JB to the Inc first, Zimeron for bringing CM10 to the Inc first, tiny4579 for his incredikernel, and JellyBellys for bringing AOKP to the Inc first.

For some reason, I have received several requests to put a donation link in my profile. You can always donate to the CyanogenMod project or the Evervolv project or Team Kang, but if you feel you HAVE to donate to me, I've put a link in my profile, and all donations will go towards upgrading my computer, so I can stay on top of this for CM10/11/and beyond.
    I just need to fix the ROMControl and toggles.

Edit: and I *might* have found a fix for glitches on video playback. Will test tonight in 12 or so hours.

Update: fixed toggles. Tested data and Wifi tether and those work. USB tether causes FC (I'll probably take that one out of I can till/unless it gets fixed).

No progress on the video playback, unless you count not what to do as progress. Haven't messed with ROM Control yet.
    Torch toggle is wacky. Sometimes shows as USB tether icon. If I only enable torch, I still get wrong icon.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Confirmed. Probably because I enabled TETHER toggle which calls both of these strings: toggle_wifi_ap and toggle_usb_tether. I removed toggle_usb_tether, so it's confusing itself. I'll put back toggle_usb_tether (and add it to the bugs list in OP), and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Everything seems off by one after the tether toggle. What if I add the tether toggle to the end, and leave out the usb_tether string? Stay tuned to the next build to find out.
    Hey Pons.. if you didn't see AOKP Build 5 is up.. apparently the new items are (in my copy paste of course):

Custom NavBar for Tablets
    NavBar widgets are back from ICS
    Highly customizable Lockscreen Ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl! (also thanks to CM for the base of the framework part)
    Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
    Menu UI Overflow Toggle
    Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
    RAM Bar in the Recents panel
    Timeout and instant lock options for Slide lock
    VPN Traffic amount in human readable format

My latest build should have all the merged stuff, excluding two commits: GeneralUI: Give TabletUI its own category (Merged) and Lockscreens: Remove dupe preference (Quick Unlock) (Merged)

I just need to fix the ROMControl and toggles.

Edit: and I *might* have found a fix for glitches on video playback. Will test tonight in 12 or so hours.
    Great builds so far Pons. Bluetooth works on my end. Anything from file sharing to a2dp through my clarion to my ps3 controller via the six axis controller app. Phone call work as well.

Current build(23Oct) ;however, is noticeably more laggy than the 21Oct update. I suspect it may be on my end however as I didn't wipe data between flashes. Twrp recovery was acting up when going straight through the goo manager app, missing symlinks or something. I managed to get it to install manually however. So I don't know what the deal is there.

Anyway, have a great day and I look forward to your next aokp build. :D

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

I did a dirty flash as well (with wiping dalvik cache), and I'm seeing the same thing. I'm OC'd to 1113 with SIO and Interactive and the UI still feels noticeably less snappy than the previous build. Maybe I'll do a clean install later and see how that fares, but I don't have time at the office to try it right now.

Still, loving AOKP again; thanks Pons for the effort in the builds! :)

Not your faults, I forgot to revert the change to fix video playback (watch youtube to see what I'm talking about). Will push out a new build tonight with the change reverted. For now, just enjoy your new toggles.