[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Pons CM10 Inc builds (NIGHTLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alph0

Sep 17, 2012
I can play video from youtube app. And also i have no problem play video from sd card with 3rd party apps like mxplayer etc. But i cant play video from my browser. For example i opened youtube on browser and i cant play the video, the time slider on the bottom of the video always go to the end after the buffer finished.

Is this a known video bug?

Sorry if i double ask for this if someone already asked it. But as far as i remember, no one asked for this.

Thank you so much for the rom pons. Hope you have a new computer soon!

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
I can play video from youtube app. And also i have no problem play video from sd card with 3rd party apps like mxplayer etc. But i cant play video from my browser. For example i opened youtube on browser and i cant play the video, the time slider on the bottom of the video always go to the end after the buffer finished.

Is this a known video bug?

Sorry if i double ask for this if someone already asked it. But as far as i remember, no one asked for this.

Thank you so much for the rom pons. Hope you have a new computer soon!

Do you have flash installed? What browser are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alph0

Sep 17, 2012
Do you have flash installed? What browser are you using?

Is flash player support jelly bean? I think i tried to install it once time ago and it ddnt works. Im using native browser. But also on firefox or chrome the video cant be played too.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
Is flash player support jelly bean? I think i tried to install it once time ago and it ddnt works. Im using native browser. But also on firefox or chrome the video cant be played too.
Flash doesn't work on chrome. I don't know about firefox. Youtube on the browser doesn't work without flash installed. You can sideload it from titanium backup from ICS as flash player on jellybean is not supported by Adobe and officially it shouldn't work.

alph0

Sep 17, 2012
Flash doesn't work on chrome. I don't know about firefox. Youtube on the browser doesn't work without flash installed. You can sideload it from titanium backup from ICS as flash player on jellybean is not supported by Adobe and officially it shouldn't work.

Yea i tried it too, restore flash player on TB from my ics before. And it ddnt work either. Is there other way i can play video on my browser?

sent from my nintendo ds using kamehameha!

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
OK I finally updated my 11/19 rom to 11/20 rom, now I had the latest 1119 gapps already installed so since I updated the rom do I have to reinstall the latest gapps as well?

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
OK I finally updated my 11/19 rom to 11/20 rom, now I had the latest 1119 gapps already installed so since I updated the rom do I have to reinstall the latest gapps as well?
Nope, provided you used the Pons ones which you said you did. 11/20 is several days old. Get with the program man!

J/K

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Yea i tried it too, restore flash player on TB from my ics before. And it ddnt work either. Is there other way i can play video on my browser?

I don't know. If you have flash player installed I would think it'd work. It could be flash using a hardware decoder when the device doesn't properly support it in JB. It worked for you in ICS correct? I have the black screen in the native browser as well so the issue may not be related to flash player missing as I don't have flash and get the issue and you have flash and still get the issue.

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
Nope, provided you used the Pons ones which you said you did. 11/20 is several days old. Get with the program man!

J/K

LMBO yeah I like to wait to hear if bad things happen before I jump right in. I learned the hard way with miui more than once. I love this rom but I have noticed that it has been freezing with a few apps (handscent mostly) thinking of getting rid of it and just using the stock mms. I use swype and it gets real slow at times and then hanscent app freezes and wants to quit but I hit wait and it goes to normal. Is it the rom or something i'm doing, not sure.

alph0

Sep 17, 2012

J/K

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I don't know. If you have flash player installed I would think it'd work. It could be flash using a hardware decoder when the device doesn't properly support it in JB. It worked for you in ICS correct? I have the black screen in the native browser as well so the issue may not be related to flash player missing as I don't have flash and get the issue and you have flash and still get the issue.

So with or without flash installed the JB Dinc still cant play video from browser i guess.

Hope Pons (or someone) can work on it :D

Zimeron

Nov 4, 2010
So with or without flash installed the JB Dinc still cant play video from browser i guess.

Hope Pons (or someone) can work on it :D

I know it works in Firefox as I use that when the video isn't on youtube and the website doesn't support HTML5.

omniatic

Oct 15, 2009
Milwaukee
Works fine in Opera, too. Check and see if you've got the latest version. I have 11.1.115.27 from a few weeks ago.

...sorry...I was on the phone...

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
OK I have latest Pons build, I have been using handscent mms and its is always progressively getting slow and will say handscent is not responding wait or stop and thats even when Im not using mms at all. Now today I noticed that if someone sent pic from iphone it won't open it either and the stock mms just keeps saying downloading, then when I swipe the programs open after long press home screen then try stock the pic will then download, is this a problem within rom or with the handscent or my swype?

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
OK I have latest Pons build, I have been using handscent mms and its is always progressively getting slow and will say handscent is not responding wait or stop and thats even when Im not using mms at all. Now today I noticed that if someone sent pic from iphone it won't open it either and the stock mms just keeps saying downloading, then when I swipe the programs open after long press home screen then try stock the pic will then download, is this a problem within rom or with the handscent or my swype?
Simple process of elimination. Try removing handcent and see. I don't see swype as a cause of issues with MMS. It may be a good idea to install apps one at a time and evaluate, especially the ones giving you trouble.

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
Simple process of elimination. Try removing handcent and see. I don't see swype as a cause of issues with MMS. It may be a good idea to install apps one at a time and evaluate, especially the ones giving you trouble.

Its handsent just try a reinstall.. tiny I don't know if its just me, you merged it or cm and or evervolv merged it but I have the stock kill all button now from paranoid in my latest build

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
Its handsent just try a reinstall.. tiny I don't know if its just me, you merged it or cm and or evervolv merged it but I have the stock kill all button now from paranoid in my latest build

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

What is that and where is that? Does handscent have this issue allot, if so should I just go to GO SMS pro? Stock mms?

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
What is that and where is that? Does handscent have this issue allot, if so should I just go to GO SMS pro? Stock mms?

I like the stock MMS apk on jellybean. Unless you need a feature from one of the other apps then I'd recommend the stock one.

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
I am going to use stock one but it sometimes won't open iphone stuff, why is that and how can I fix that? I prefer the stock stuff, just think the rom is supposed to running that so in my head has to be the way to go.
Some iphone fwd will not open on stock mms, why?

kramer56

Aug 9, 2011
Carthage
It worked until I went to 11/20 update now pics n fwds from iPhone users won't download. Just says downloading but never does.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10 Pons

Goo.Im Download for Kangs

Dev-Host Mirror

(updated only on request)

MediaFire Mirror
    (updated only on request)

Evervolv Gapps
    (recommended due to their smaller size)

Goo.Im Gapps

Merged Commits for Jellybean
    (aka Changelog)

What this ROM is:

Removed (with my suggested replacements, if any)
    • CMUpdater (only shows official, CM7, builds for the Inc; use the included Goo Manager app)
    • CMWallpapers
    • Music
    • MusicFX
    • Nfc
    • Protips
      [*]ROM Manager CM removed it themselves in favor of open sourced CMUpdater
    • SoundRecorder
    • SpareParts
    • Terminal Emulator
    • VideoEditor
    • Basic wallpaper
    • Galaxy4 wallpaper
    • HoloSpiral wallpaper
    • MagicSmoke wallpaper
    • MusicVisualization wallpaper
    • NoiseField wallpaper
    • PhaseBeam wallpaper

Known issues:
    • Watching YouTube videos causes the phone to reboot flickers occasionally
    • Camera preview is glitchy with stock app; use a 3rd party one instead
    • Video camera has a very low fps (it stutters)
    • Laggy at first, due to filled system space (let it settle, then delete any system apps you don't need)
    • anymore, let me know

Source/Sauce (in case you missed it)

FAQ:

[Q] Pons, why are you compiling your own? Why don't we get official CM10 goodness?
    [A] Well, now, why don't you take a gander at this: CyanogenMod: CM 9+, N1 (and other S1 SoC)

[Q] Gee, Pons, this here looks fun. How do I compile it myself?
    [A] Here ya go, lil guy. Just follow these instructions: How to Compile CM10 for the Inc (if you encounter any issues using this to compile, please report here so I can troubleshoot and update if need be)

Why a thread? I finally got my builds (and computer) roughly where I'm satisfied with, with no major issues, other than the usual for our phone. Now that I'm tweaking/troubleshooting the source, trying to fix the playback issue, (and CM's no longer supporting our device and pushing commits without regard for us :(), there's a lot of variables in the mix. I've also made my computer into a build bot with a nightly script to compile. All this might or might not break my compiles, and I'll get feedback a lot quicker if something breaks. Also, I'm tired of troubleshooting by myself; this way, I get a wider range of testers.

Credits/Thanks

All credit goes to Cyanogen and the rest of the CM team, and especially our HTC Incredible maintainers, as listed by the CyanogenMod site: jistone (aka CUViper/This Guy), slayher, and of course, koush. Of course, don't forget about the Evervolv team, who have given our outdated qsd8k device a lot of love, despite being dropped by CM.

In addition, I'd like to thank Albinoman for bringing AOSP JB to the Inc first, Zimeron for bringing CM10 to the Inc first, and tiny4579 for his incredikernel.

For some reason, I have received several requests to put a donation link in my profile. You can always donate to the CyanogenMod project or the Evervolv project, but if you feel you HAVE to donate to me, I've put a link in my profile, and all donations will go towards upgrading my computer, so I can stay on top of this for CM10/11/and beyond.
    Anyone want to give this power.qsdk8k.so a whirl? I have a full ROM with this modded file but would like verification. Download the attached zip file and push it to /system/lib/hw in recovery and boot your phone.

If it works I'll push it to my fork of Pon's github and then share what I did.

Fixed bad upload. I think it didn't like the file name so I reuploaded as power.zip.
    Unfortunately, I can no longer maintain this (or any) ROM.

My computer crashed due to a faulty BIOS. It looked like it updated correctly, but it froze for 30 seconds and powered itself off while I was inside the menus (after the update, not during; weird). Now whenever I power it on, LEDs (no screen, no beeps) turn on for 3 seconds and it shuts it self off. Tried everything short of a motherboard swap (remove coin-cell battery, blind flash BIOS from a thumb drive and floppy drive, etc). I need to get my warranty transferred (I forgot to do that). Once I transfer it to me, they send out a box, I ship it to them, they fix it and send it back. Grand total time of 2 weeks to 2 months. By the time it gets back, I'll either be gone or about to be gone.

Tiny has told me that he can take over compiling the ROM. But due to this not being his primary phone, and having more of a life than me, it will not get updates as frequently and definitely not nightly. More when he has time or when he sees a worthwhile change (I pushed out nightlies when there was any change, even if it was a very minor one). I probably shouldn't have; it spoiled yall. :p

I do plan on picking this back up, but it really depends on where I end up. Half the time I don't know till I get off the plane, and even then that's generally a temporary stop while I get pushed further in. As such, I don't know what the Internet, if any, will be like.
    Including me.i feel nothing change with or without DSP?
    DSP Manager has no effect.
    When I had my phone hooked up in my car and enabled bass boost I couldn't hear a difference.
    I haven't noticed any difference with DSP Manager.
    So four against.

DSP manager is now working for headphones
    Do you mean it is working now, or was that a typo and you meant not working?
    What I noticed is that the search app is back. Or is it my imagination?
    I never noticed it was gone. But I don't use it. I flash Evervolv gapps after this ROM, and there's always an update to the Google Search (and the Play Store). If I get some time (probably not soon), I'll update the gapps if Evervolv doesn't.
    I would appreciate a music player, since I downloaded Android Music Player from the Play Store, it's the simplest player I found.
    And I usually use my Dinc as a music player for the long commutes on the car...

If I take out DSP Manager, I'll probably add Apollo in a couple of builds. No promises, though.

Chrome didn't work for me either (not that I really care), but I did a bit of digging in regards to your error and found this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22277618&postcount=15

So, I tried to copy libchromeview.so into place as directed by that post, and guess what? it's a 24 Mb file and my 150 Mb datadata partition didn't have enough space for it. (makes me wonder why Chrome installed without errors?) And of course, Chrome can't be moved to the sdcard... Anyway, I uninstalled an app that was hogging about 30Mb in datadata, copied over libchromeview.so, changed its permissions, and now Chrome works.

So my guess is, you're out of space on datadata, and to get Chrome working, you'll need to either clear data on some apps or use the ext4all nodatalimit mod.

You're right, that is odd that it installs without errors. Or are we supposed to have this library in the first place? I'm going to do some looking into this when I get a chance.

Thanks for a ll the feedback, gents.

Edit: at mamarley's suggestion, I enabled alpha compositing for smoother transitions. Will be in the next build.
    Cm is merging their own circle battery

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
    I'll probably compile a build tonight with those two open commits to try it out. I'll throw it on dev-host first, in case it's broken so Goo OTA doesn't snag it and mess everyone up (though if it does, standard disclaimer of it's not my fault, you flashed it, not me).