[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][pyxis] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [EOL]

Search This thread

AnotherAccount99

Nov 13, 2022
Would someone mind assisting me, i'm stuck at the part of having to flash or wipe the super empty image to the phone, each time i do i'm not able to get back to twrp to finish the process.Thanks in advance.

freeos

Dec 27, 2022
Hello
I installed successfully Lineage OS with the google apps add-on. I have been able to install all google apps I need except one : maree.info.
I asked the dev who said I might miss a package like Google Services or Google Licence, etc.
Anyone can confirm if he can install that application or if he also get the problem (google say not available for that device)?
how can I track what is missing and solve the problem?
Thanks for your help

So could there be a "not so easy" way here?

I have found posts on other requests of this type on the Internet that a migration script was used that was then flashed together with the new ROM with the new signature keys.
I just don't know how to create such a script.

I would like to change from LOS18.1 (unofficial) to LOS20 (official).

cizkek_

Aug 14, 2012
Hi, It's been some time since I have participated in XDA.

I'd like to submit bug reports for LOS20, but I'm not sure where I should do so.

I have noticed that connecting to some bluetooth speakers is troublesome. Phone doesnt connect to bluetooth devices unless the wifi is turned off and on again.

Also the High Quality Codec switch seems to have problems especially for LDAC. When turned on for LDAC the sound comes from the phones speakers loudly, not from the bluetooth speaker. To play from the bluetooth speaker, I turn off ldac, turn off wifi and Bluetooth, restart the speaker, qnd then connect through SBC.

Additionally auto brightness seems to fluctuate a lot, especially indoors. I can describe details and attach logs if a quality of life fix is possible.

Read precisely official install guide... There is a switch to dynamic partitions.

Last edited:

4Privacy

Nov 23, 2020
@ceracz The official installation guide says

> Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is currently using Android 11 firmware.

What exactly does that mean? My MI 9 Lite only gets MIUI Global 12.0.10.0 (QFCEUXM) which is based on Android 10 (QKQ1.190828.002). I could not figure out any way to get Android 11 via official ways.

What do I need to use to get to that FW version? There are ROM files available to download...most of them I cannot install when using the official updater (via selecting 'Choose update package') as it fails to "verify the package" denying the installation. How can I get the Android 11 firmware, is it really necessary before installing LOS 20?

Thanks for helping!!

ceracz

Dec 9, 2019
Brno
@ceracz The official installation guide says

> Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is currently using Android 11 firmware.

What exactly does that mean? My MI 9 Lite only gets MIUI Global 12.0.10.0 (QFCEUXM) which is based on Android 10 (QKQ1.190828.002). I could not figure out any way to get Android 11 via official ways.

What do I need to use to get to that FW version? There are ROM files available to download...most of them I cannot install when using the official updater (via selecting 'Choose update package') as it fails to "verify the package" denying the installation. How can I get the Android 11 firmware, is it really necessary before installing LOS 20?

Thanks for helping!!

Flash this prior flashing of LOS20

ceracz

Dec 9, 2019
Brno
Thanks @ceracz ! Are there any known issues about the ROM on pyxis? I am going to flash it soon, but I wanted to check first whether there is anything known that does not work with the OS?
Nope, Lineage-20 has the same feature set like the Los-18.1. The difference is only that 20 is Android 13 and is official.

If you want to use MIUI camera that is integrated in Los 18.1 there is a flashable module that can be flashed after installation of the ROM.

You can find it here:

maerzhase

Jul 6, 2014
since i could not find that info:
Can you go back to stock after installing Lineage 20? Not sure if something changed from Android 11 to 13.
DDG tells me me that on other devices a downgrade seems possible tho.

sunset_rider

Feb 3, 2017
Hi @ceracz i hope everything is ok with you. Since last week there was no LOS update. When will the next build with may security patch come? Thank you for your work.

EDIT: New build is available. Thanks!

Last edited:

kallileo

Sep 25, 2007
***Update
I was able to install Lineage 20 after flashing the recovery image that was provided with it.

I have TWRP version 3.5-1.A9-19-03-2021 by geoanto555 and I used it to install Lineage OS 18.1 on my Mi 9 lite half a year ago following the instructions of the fist page.

Now I'm trying to install Lineage 20 using the same method and I'm getting the following error:

Target: Xiaomi/pyxis_eea/pyxis:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.5.3.0.
RFCEUXM:user/release-keys
.assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list"))
Update process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file 'external_sd/lineage-20.0-20230513-nightly-pyxis-signed.zip'

Last edited:

gbbz8

Jul 10, 2022
***Update
I was able to install Lineage 20 after flashing the recovery image that was provided with it.

I have TWRP version 3.5-1.A9-19-03-2021 by geoanto555 and I used it to install Lineage OS 18.1 on my Mi 9 lite half a year ago following the instructions of the fist page.

Now I'm trying to install Lineage 20 using the same method and I'm getting the following error:

Target: Xiaomi/pyxis_eea/pyxis:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.5.3.0.
RFCEUXM:user/release-keys
.assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list"))
Update process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file 'external_sd/lineage-20.0-20230513-nightly-pyxis-signed.zip'
Hey, I'm having in the exact same situation as you were. Could you tell me the steps you followed to complete the installation? Because the original guide from LOS didn't work for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Device tree source code: https://github.com/SDM710-Development/android_device_xiaomi_pyxis
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/SDM710-Development/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm710

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite / Xiaomi Mi CC9
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 11 firmware.

Downloads: https://mega.nz/folder/rXoS2KAA#ax9_pp5seIjrqyT7bigirw

Required firmware: V12.5.2.0.RFCMIXM

Gapps:
    Tested by NikGapps (20211018) available at download location but you can use any.

Additional features:
    • SafetyNet passes by default (Magisk not needed)
    • Fully featured MIUI camera v4.3 included
    • Anti-flicker (aka DC dimming)
    • Screen-off FOD
    Clean installation (if you are coming from MIUI or ROM different from this LineageOS):
    1. Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 9 Lite)
    2. Wipe system & vendor
    3. Install required firmware
    4. Install LineageOS package
    5. Install [optional] Gapps package
    6. Format data (with yes) (only if you are coming from MIUI)
    7. Wipe data & dalvik & cache
    8. Reboot
    Update (aka dirty flash) (if you have installed previous version from this thread):
    1. Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 9 Lite)
    2. Install LineageOS package (Gapps should be backed up and restored during flash)
    3. Install [optional] Gapps package (only if Gapps were not backed up and restored during previous step)
    4. Wipe dalvik & cache
    5. Reboot
    Important notes:
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Contributors:
    ceracz
    UIxDess

Special thanks:
    All LineageOS developers (for this famous ROM)
    czarsuperstar
    NaassomDourado
    and other famous devs from sdm710-dev group
    If Im installing the linage os freshly from stock MIUI, I just need to wipe the system and then install the Linage os package? Awesome work, I am glad to see this phone still supported :)
    Yes... and lineage 19 is on the way.
    Hey @ceracz just wondering if you are still active on XDA?
    I'm sorry for inactivity here because I mainly communicate on Telegram where are many Pyxis users. But I know that many people visit XDA first when they are looking for the custom ROMs for their devices.
    Some news:
    - I'm planning to release several los18.1 builds but only with security fixes
    - During last few days Pyxis was accepted as officially supported device by LineageOS org and it's development will continue with LineageOS 19.1 and I assume LineageOS 20 will be supported as well
    this rom is amazing. everything worksout of the box i dont see even the need for updates its perfect. thank you very much dev for your work.
    Hello, many thanks for the rom, but we need some screenshots.
    Before i try it, what are the bug´s?
    And camera works at 100%, with all funcionalities?
    Thanks in advance.
    Screenshots attached...
    Regarding bugs... Afaik none.

Camera works at 100%... For features see screenshots.