- Nov 13, 2013
brought to you by the
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
/e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:
- is open source
- is pro-privacy
- is compatible with most existing Android applications
- cares about usability
- is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
- already exists!
... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
- an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
- a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
- various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.
- Based on the stable Lineage OS
- microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
- All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
- All features and fixes of LineageOS
- My builds come with full OTA update support
... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install
Difference from pure /e/ or: why are the builds UNOFFICIAL?
- There are no differences. its pure /e/. just an unofficial build (if you want to have it official test my builds and report also SUCCESS! this ROM is currently awaiting to get approved by /e/ for official builds)
Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
So back up regularly and frequently!
- When your current STOCK firmware or the latest you had flashed is not PIE (Android 9) then flash the following STOCK version: J530FXXS7CTF1 (pie)
- selinux: permissive (will be set to enforcing once I got some user feedback if my build working as stable for others as for me)
- If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.
- Latest TWRP or SHRP build.
- This ROM has been tested with stock firmware J530FXXS7CTF1 . If you use an older one switch to this first. If you have a newer one things might not work for you (like cam etc)
- Do a full (i.e. Nandroid) backup before doing anything!
- Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2) is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
- Flash /e/
- Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
- Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
- Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
- Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!
Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ Q installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)
- Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
- Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
- The current build is the latest for your device.
- search results from this thread: click
Of course in this thread but also by Telegram. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here
- Astrako, wth.. you did an AWESOME job for this SoC!
- LineageOS (the base of /e/)
- The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
- The Exynos7870 Team
- and more..
j5y17lte_eos-q_unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5
steadfasterX, nailyk, Astrako for ALL Q porting stuff!!! and: ananjaser1211,DarkLord1731,Exynos7870 Team (github)
Source Code: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: only tested on PIE bootloader - so upgrade if you are on Oreo or older
Based On: Lineage OS
Last Updated 2020-10-01