[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Q/A10][SM-J530F] /e/ OS for Samsung J5 2017 (j5y17lte) - BYE Google, HELLO Privacy!

Search This thread

emil19

Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for your great rom. (y)I have installed it on a space locked J5, and now there are 9GB free flash space, this is great!
At the moment I see two minor problems:
Is it some hoe possible to fix the mac address for known networks. At the moment I get a new mac after each reboot.
Volte looks disabled with this rom. Is there a possibility to enable volte?
Thanks again for your great work.

Reactions: steadfasterX

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for your great rom. (y)I have installed it on a space locked J5, and now there are 9GB free flash space, this is great!
Is it some hoe possible to fix the mac address for known networks. At the moment I get a new mac after each reboot.
Find your Wi-Fi network in settings, edit that network scroll down to advanced options and select fixed MAC address.

No Voice over LTE is nothing you can find (often) in custom ROMs these days it is a pain in the ass to get that working .

emil19

Mar 20, 2012
Find your Wi-Fi network in settings, edit that network scroll down to advanced options and select fixed MAC address.
If I am not stupid, in my Wlan settings is no option fixed MAC address:
wlan_settings.jpg
No Voice over LTE is nothing you can find (often) in custom ROMs these days it is a pain in the ass to get that working .
As volte is a bad workaround for a mobile network specification wiithout native voice support, its not surprising, that this solution is only pain in the ass...

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
If I am not stupid, in my Wlan settings is no option fixed MAC address:
View attachment 5175329

As volte is a bad workaround for a mobile network specification wiithout native voice support, its not surprising, that this solution is only pain in the ass...
no you're not stupid that setting was there for sure but might changed in a10..
Hm ok i don't have that device with me atm. Will check next week.

Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Good Work, but, the camera is warped, videos are corrupted, SELinux is disabled, and magnetometer and compass doesn't work. Also, How do you port a rom?, What programming language do I need to know?. Awesome work, I'm not trying to critisize, I only want this ROM to be better. Logcat included. https://paste.omnirom.org/view/d23f93e9
warped? u mean the preview (only that!) is stretched? that is a known issue and can't be fixed (by me or Astrako).
SElinux is enabled - since the latest build. Are you on the latest build?
there is not ONE language you need to understand. Mainly C and C++ but there is a lot of other languages within from python to Java everything you can think of. you can use the /e/ guides if you like to start with building a ROM https://doc.e.foundation/how-tos/#build-e-for-a-device

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Again, I get an error when checking for updates. I get network error.
I plan to go official with this (as soon as all major issues have been solved) so OTA points to /e/ servers.
In order to make use of my OTA server you have to:

1. install my latest SHRP or TWRP release (otherwise OTA's will not be applied)
  2. set the OTA server manually:
    a) by ADB (req adb root enabled in dev options): adb root && adb shell setprop lineage.updater.uri "http://sfxota.binbash.rocks:8009/e-os/a10/api/v1/{device}/{type}/{incr}"
    b) or by a Terminal app (req magisk): su && setprop lineage.updater.uri "http://sfxota.binbash.rocks:8009/e-os/a10/api/v1/{device}/{type}/{incr}"
    c) or within TWRP/SHRP (no root req):
    make a backup of just "system" then: adb shell mount /system adb shell echo "lineage.updater.uri=http://sfxota.binbash.rocks:8009/e-os/a10/api/v1/{device}/{type}/{incr}" >> /system/build.prop
Only 2c) will survive a reboot but must be re-done after every OTA update.
I may change this in the next build until we go official as it turns out it might take longer then expected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your ROM is great, but with the latest release I have the same problem as francescum's. In his words:

[...] I have a problem with the sound when I make calls. My interlocutor does not hear me and on my side the sound cuts.

[...]

When I push the touch speaker the call sound works but only 3 or 4 s, and if I re-push speaker touch it re-works, after push speaker touch sound re-works but cuts 3 or 4 s after.

On my SM-J530F I flashed stock version J530FXXS7CTF1 and I unlocked through the Developer Options menu. System is unrooted. Since the issue goes away when in permissive mode, I took two logcats. The first was taken during an incoming call with SELinux in enforcing mode. I switched the speaker alternatively on or off after each loss of sound. In this case the audio went off shortly after I answered the call, then I switched the speaker on and the audio went back on for a short while (1-2 s) before going off again, then I switched the speaker off and the audio went on for another short while, and so on:

SELinux enforcing: https://pastebin.com/s0AR9UDm

The other log was also taken during an incoming call, but this time SELinux had been set to permissive mode with "setenforce permissive". I switched the speaker on and off a few times as before, but in this case the audio never went off:

SELinux permissive: https://pastebin.com/JXQHqf27
    Your ROM is great, but with the latest release I have the same problem as francescum's. In his words:

On my SM-J530F I flashed stock version J530FXXS7CTF1 and I unlocked through the Developer Options menu. System is unrooted. Since the issue goes away when in permissive mode, I took two logcats. The first was taken during an incoming call with SELinux in enforcing mode. I switched the speaker alternatively on or off after each loss of sound. In this case the audio went off shortly after I answered the call, then I switched the speaker on and the audio went back on for a short while (1-2 s) before going off again, then I switched the speaker off and the audio went on for another short while, and so on:

SELinux enforcing: https://pastebin.com/s0AR9UDm

The other log was also taken during an incoming call, but this time SELinux had been set to permissive mode with "setenforce permissive". I switched the speaker on and off a few times as before, but in this case the audio never went off:

SELinux permissive: https://pastebin.com/JXQHqf27
    Many thx this helps a lot
    This is great! For three years I have suffered every time I use my phone, simply from the realization that there is no way to kick Google out of it. Except now that is discovered /e/ and this ROM. A donation is coming your way.

Is there any reason why the e-1.0 download is still available on the server? People who do not read the whole thread (like me) may select it because 1.0 > 0.15, only to realize after flashing that they got an old version.
    this is actually the ROM i was looking for ! the last release is a must. thank you so much (y)
    Thanx for great rom!

whats the differences between Unofficial and Custom ?
    check out the brand new FAQ #9 for that ;)
    e-color.png

brought to you by the
    eFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

About /e/
    /e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:

• is open source
    • is pro-privacy
    • is compatible with most existing Android applications
    • cares about usability
    • is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
    • already exists!
    It’s the alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly on the smartphone.

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
    • an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
    • a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
    • various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features

• Based on the stable Lineage OS
    • microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
    • All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
    • All features and fixes of LineageOS
    • My builds come with full OTA update support :)
      ... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install ;)

Difference from pure /e/ or: why are the builds UNOFFICIAL?

• There are no differences. its pure /e/. just an unofficial build (if you want to have it official test my builds and report also SUCCESS! this ROM is currently awaiting to get approved by /e/ for official builds)

Known issues:

Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
    So back up regularly and frequently!

• When your current STOCK firmware or the latest you had flashed is not PIE (Android 9) then flash the following STOCK version: J530FXXS7CTF1 (pie)
    • selinux: permissive (will be set to enforcing once I got some user feedback if my build working as stable for others as for me)
    • If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.

Requirements
    • Latest TWRP or SHRP build.
    • This ROM has been tested with stock firmware J530FXXS7CTF1 . If you use an older one switch to this first. If you have a newer one things might not work for you (like cam etc)
    • Do a full (i.e. Nandroid) backup before doing anything!

Installation
    1. Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2) is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    2. Flash /e/
    3. Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
    4. Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
    5. Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
    6. Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!

Download

Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
    http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/e-os/a10/

If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ Q installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
    Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)

Note:
    1. Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    2. Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    3. The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs

• search results from this thread: click

Support

Of course in this thread but also by Telegram. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
    and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here

Credits
    • nailyk :)
    • Astrako, wth.. you did an AWESOME job for this SoC!
    • LineageOS (the base of /e/)
    • The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
    • The Exynos7870 Team
    • and more..

Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    j5y17lte_eos-q_unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    steadfasterX, nailyk, Astrako for ALL Q porting stuff!!! and: ananjaser1211,DarkLord1731,Exynos7870 Team (github)
    Source Code: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: only tested on PIE bootloader - so upgrade if you are on Oreo or older
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-01
    Last Updated 2020-10-01
    Hello,
    Very nice rom, working great, thank you for your work.
    Any news about getting it official?
    Hi,

The ROM work Fine for me, except PIN and fingerprint configuration in lock screen ...

I set PIN but no effect ater, my lock screen is set to swipe or no ...
    Hi,

The ROM work Fine for me, except PIN and fingerprint configuration in lock screen ...

I set PIN but no effect ater, my lock screen is set to swipe or no ...
    It´s the same here on my device. Only swipe to unlock works.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone