• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Q] /e/ OS Q for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ (beyond*lte family)

Search This thread

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Does in app purchases work with this build?
Hello,

No, thus is one downside of microG.

The only way to get Google Playstore purchased apps is to sign in with your account on Aurora store, even though, I'd not recommend logging in with your credentials on a third party app.

But /e/ offers a full ecosystem (mail, cloud, etc).

That's the main difference with a LineageOS4microg.

aurelien1402

May 14, 2018
Great work, I'll test it immediately. Was looking for Eelo for my new phone!
Edit: So far, works as well as my precedent build on Pocophone F1.

Last edited:

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Great work, I'll test it immediately. Was looking for Eelo for my new phone!
You're welcome!

Don't hesitate to join the TG channel for some help on /e/.

On a aussi une communauté FR si tu as besoin. ;)

PS: I see Junior member for you. Please read carefully the installation process as listed in the @modpunk LOS Thread (link in the OP). This may help you avoiding misteps.

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
First impression - Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F)

I installed /e/ today, based on firmware DTI8. I came from modpunk's latest LOS17.1, I only wiped dalvik, cache, data, system and flashed rom and modpunk's latest magisk boot image. I am using official TWRP.

Visually, the system looks a bit like iOS but I believe other launchers will work fine. I have attached some screenshots, see below.

What's working (tested)

- GPS (Maps app)
- NFC
- fingerprints
- SD card
- Sound recorder (Recorder app)

I have tried to get root via Magisk. After installing Magisk Manager 8.0.2, Magisk asked for the additional setup as it always does. I downloaded props and busybox modules, enabled internal Terminal and altered the device's fingerprints. However, I was not successful and SafetyNet fails. I might try again later. Usually, there is no need for the key combo with modpunk's boot image.

Apart from that, it runs very smoothly and if you are looking for an unGoogled version with microG already pre-installed, you should give /e/ a try.

I am looking forward to seeing this rom develop more over time. :good:

Best,
Stefan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-230552_Bliss_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-230552_Bliss_Launcher.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20201109-230601_Bliss_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-230601_Bliss_Launcher.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot_20201109-230656_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20201109-230656_Settings.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_20201109-230727_microG_Services_Core.png
    Screenshot_20201109-230727_microG_Services_Core.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 224

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
How's battery life.
It's so tempting !

Same/ similar to LOS, but can't really tell the difference. I get through the day with 40-50% left, no heavy usage, just texting and reading (browser). I reduce screen brightness etc. to squeeze a few more minutes out but the battery is just not as great as I thought when I bought the phone :rolleyes: Thankfully, there are power outlets everywhere! :laugh:

[Legenda]

Dec 27, 2012
Same/ similar to LOS, but can't really tell the difference. I get through the day with 40-50% left, no heavy usage, just texting and reading (browser). I reduce screen brightness etc. to squeeze a few more minutes out but the battery is just not as great as I thought when I bought the phone :rolleyes: Thankfully, there are power outlets everywhere! :laugh:

A little disappointed. I was hoping for more for a rom to get rid of all the Google cookies

[Legenda]

Dec 27, 2012
Hello there.
I follow every step. And after an install via TWRP (via modpunk) without issues. After reboot from twrp, I keep comin back on TWRP. (I Tried 2 differents roms same results). If anyone has an idea. I'm right here.

Thanks everyone. ++

EDIT : just needed to format data. Everything works fine

Last edited:

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
[Legenda said:
;83927661]Hello there.
I follow every step. And after an install via TWRP (via modpunk) without issues. After reboot from twrp, I keep comin back on TWRP. (I Tried 2 differents roms same results). If anyone has an idea. I'm right here.

Thanks everyone. ++

EDIT : just needed to format data. Everything works fine
That's what I was about to suggest.

skankster

Jun 21, 2019
First thanks for your work!
I tried it during the weekend. The only bug I found (Wich until now is a deal breaker for me) was bluetooth phonecalls. (Robotic-slowed-down voice) (Bose qc35II)
Interesting, as it works perfectly on modpunks los 17.1 v. 1.2 which is your source, right?
I moved back to modpunks for now yet watching this development with a lot of interest.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I tried it during the weekend. The only bug I found (Wich until now is a deal breaker for me) was bluetooth phonecalls. (Robotic-slowed-down voice) (Bose qc35II)
Interesting, as it works perfectly on modpunks los 17.1 v. 1.2 which is your source, right?
I moved back to modpunks for now yet watching this development with a lot of interest.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Thanks for the feedback. Let me ask other users.

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Keep up the good work!
Cheers

Hi,

I am just launching a new build for S10e (SM-G970F, beyond0lte), based on modpunk's V1.3.

I am trying a new approach on the way I integrate proprietary files (a lot were missing in my first builds, and not only in vendor). Can you please when it is uploaded and report if you still face the same robotic voice issue on bluetooth calls?

Did anyone face this on S10 and S10+ builds?

Thanks,

skankster

Jun 21, 2019
@Anghirrim Thanks for your work.
I'm not available for testing a.t.m. as I depend on my phone right now for urgent family reasons.

As soon as things calm down again I try to test it and feedback. Maybe @DerSteppo has interest and capacity?

Again thanks for your work, may we all stay safe, grounded, healthy and in good mood.

Cheers

Last edited:

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
@Anghirrim Thanks for your work.
I'm not available for testing a.t.m. as I depend on my phone right now for urgent family reasons.

As soon as things calm down again I try to test it and feedback. Maybe @DerSteppo has interest and capacity?

Again thanks for your work, may we all stay safe, grounded, healthy and in good mood.

Cheers
No worries, thanks for your time already.
@DerSteppo is already in contact with me and may test, but he is also facing some time constraints those days.

No rush, if someone feels the need, testing will come. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fe-color.png

brought to you by the
    https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FeFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

About /e/:
    /e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:

is open source
    is pro-privacy
    is compatible with most existing Android applications
    cares about usability
    is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
    already exists!

It’s the alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly on the smartphone.

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:

an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
    a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
    various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features:
    Based on the stable Lineage OS 17.1
    microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
    All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
    All features and fixes of our LOS 17.1 builds (Whatawurst team).
    No OTA suppport for now.

What works:
    Same as Whatawurst team LOS 17.1 build

Known issues:
    /e/ Q is still in development stage (still, stable enough for a daily driver with no bugs). So you may still see one or two calls to Google servers until the Q branch is official.
    You tell me
    Same as Whatawurst team LOS 17.1 build

SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash Magisk modules or anything else which sets SELinux to permissive or you open your device for malware!
    Do not flash Multi Disabler on this ROM!

Requirements:
    Latest TWRP build.
    Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!

Installation:
    If this is your first time flashing a rom, or not coming from @modpunk LOS 17.1 build, please follow the same steps than their detailed installation process

Otherwise:
    Full clean install is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    Flash /e/
    Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
    Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
    Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
    Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!

Download:
    Get your builds from my GoogleDrive (I know, it's ironical)
    S10e (beyond0lte, SM-G970F)
    S10 (beyond1lte, SM-G973F)
    S10+ (beyond2lte, SM-G975F)

Note:
    Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs:
    Check /e/, LineageOS or whatawurst team changelogs. I build straight from sources

Support:
    /e/ Support Telegram Channel

Credits:
    LineageOS (the base of /e/)
    The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
    the whatawurst team for their kernel, device and vendor sources.
    The Exynos9820 Team
    and more..

Sources:
    How to build /e/
    Local_manifest ==> See attachments

XDA:DevDB Information
    beyond0lte_eos-Q_custom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos

Contributors:
    Whatawurst team (modpunk, derf elot,Linux4), steadfasterX, Exynos9820 Team

Source Code:
    https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: XXS9DTI8
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-25
    waited both times nearly an hour, but still on triangle page.
    Would make sence to try, the earlier version (20201107)?
    .. thanks a lot .. (twice, because I missed it before:)
    Ah good, your answer is still here!!

How about checking the md5 on your PC, is the output OK compared with the md5sum files available on the drive?

Thanks
    Hi, sorry for the delay in answering, I haven't been able to log in so re-registered.
    I checked the md5 and they matched. After installing modpunks LOS 17.1 I thought I would try the earlier build of your /e/ os and it installed without a problem.
    Been using it for a few days and have had no issues.
    Thankyou
    Well, new attempt uploaded for the S10+ (beyond2lte).

There are two builds on 12/13/2020.
    - e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip ==> the one to test first, with my hopefully fixed vendor
    - e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte_mpv.zip ==> Same as above, but with manually replaced vendor.img, using modpunk's latest build one.

Can someone test and report if it boots? @trendgegner maybe?

Download folder, same as usual.
    Thank you Anghirrim for your great work !

I should receive my S10e by the end of next week, and since my existing phone (Xiaomi) is still working perfectly fine, I will be happy to assist with doing some testing on my S10e for couple of days if needed.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if there are more tests needed by the end of next week.

Also, I have another question :
    I saw that modpunk will stop updating his LOS 17.1 image, and will start working on LOS 18.1.
    But since /e/ does not support LOS18.1 yet, what are your plans ? Do you consider switching to Ivan_Meler's LOS17.1 version ?
    I guess switching to Ivan's version would be the only way to keep the security patches up to date, no ?