• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Q] /e/ OS Q for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ (beyond*lte family)

Search This thread

counti

May 25, 2010
Some reported it to work without formatting, I think it can be found in previous pages.

However, there may be some exceptions.

Side question, do you mean really formatting data, or wiping? Because when switching from one ROM to another, you always have to clean flash.

So wiping /data (TWRP leaves /data/media untouched) is necessary. But your picture and whatever is on internal storage is safe.

Formatting data entirely formats /data, and yes, you loose all data.

But those are two different things that must not be mixed.

Please let me know what you were really talking about.

Thanks

Yes, i did'nt wipe data, i can try that. But what does that mean? All programs and configurations are gone? Only photos etc. remain?

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
I installed /e/20201107 on modpunk's lineageOS 20201113. I had to: wipe Cache+Dalvik, format Data, install, wipe Cache+Dalvik again .. and Verification turned off! Than everything works fine! (S10+)

I guess you have to say by too all your apps, BUT there are a lot of special one's on /e/ .. even a saver (google-free) version of telegram, so I really enjoyed digging in the e-own app-store. And a lot of apps, get obsolete .. like: it would make no sense to install whatsapp or facebook on an /e/ phone (in my opinion)

All default apps are much better (like bromite as default-browser, instead not pwa-able whatever browser) .. only thing missing is open-camera, to be able use 4/5 cameras (better Quality than original-Samsung cam .. not so plastic)

I would say is worth it .. lineageOS already feels pretty nice and private, But /e/ is still a huge step further!!

.. so Im really impressed and happy with it ..

counti

May 25, 2010
I know e/os from tests with my old phones, I also find it very convincing and would now like to use e/os on my S10e. The effort with the reconfiguration and installation of the apps I shy away at the moment. Too bad that an upgrade without formatting Data does not work :)

Only the launcher of e/os I find terrible, but here I will simply install the LineageOS launcher Trebuchet, is much more sympathetic to me. I want to have everything important on one page, the most important apps, weather and the following appointments.

I use LineageOS already some years and the last 4 years also without Google services, Whatsapp and Facebook are also absolute no goes for me.

The default camera of e/os is Open Camera, by the way, at least it is on my Samsung S7, also the email app is a slightly modified version of K-9 mail, which I have been using on LIneageOS for a while.

Maybe an important question for Anghirrim: Modpunk has already announced that he will offer a LineageOS version 18. Will you develop e/os further and also offer a version based on LineageOS 18?

And then there is my open question: Are all installed apps and configurations gone even if I just "wipe data" in TWRP?

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I know e/os from tests with my old phones, I also find it very convincing and would now like to use e/os on my S10e. The effort with the reconfiguration and installation of the apps I shy away at the moment. Too bad that an upgrade without formatting Data does not work :)

Only the launcher of e/os I find terrible, but here I will simply install the LineageOS launcher Trebuchet, is much more sympathetic to me. I want to have everything important on one page, the most important apps, weather and the following appointments.

I use LineageOS already some years and the last 4 years also without Google services, Whatsapp and Facebook are also absolute no goes for me.

The default camera of e/os is Open Camera, by the way, at least it is on my Samsung S7, also the email app is a slightly modified version of K-9 mail, which I have been using on LIneageOS for a while.

Maybe an important question for Anghirrim: Modpunk has already announced that he will offer a LineageOS version 18. Will you develop e/os further and also offer a version based on LineageOS 18?

And then there is my open question: Are all installed apps and configurations gone even if I just "wipe data" in TWRP?
/e/ "R", sources are not available, so no... no /e/ based on LOS 18 for now.

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Well, new attempt uploaded for the S10+ (beyond2lte).

There are two builds on 12/13/2020.
- e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip ==> the one to test first, with my hopefully fixed vendor
- e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte_mpv.zip ==> Same as above, but with manually replaced vendor.img, using modpunk's latest build one.

Can someone test and report if it boots? @trendgegner maybe?

Download folder, same as usual.

Reactions: Mucky2

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
OK, new attempt tonight.

Took all the proprietary blobs directly from the official samsung stock rom zips (from sammobile). i took me some time to figure out how to unpack those crapy things... if anyone is interested, see below (requires lz4 , tar and android-simg2img on Linux):

extract zip file then run in terminal (where * has to be adapted with what you want to extract of course)
Code:
tar -xf AP_*****.tar.md5
unlz4 *.img.lz4
simg2img *.img *.raw
sudo mount -t ext4 -o loop *.raw mountfolder/

However, still some uncertainty, modpunks says two things....

He said recommended firmware in his OP is XXS9DTI8, however, his latest changelog says to use XXU9DTJA.

First attempt for S10e tonight using XXS9DTI8 firmware files. Will launch another build one XXU9DTJA firmwares are downloaded (supra slow......)

Thanks to anyone who will take time to test and report.

Last edited:

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Hello,

Build being uploaded. New download links:
S10e (beyond0lte, SM-G970F)
S10 (beyond1lte, SM-G973F)
S10+ (beyond2lte, SM-G975F)

e-0.12-q-20201107-UNOFFICIAL-beyond*lte.zip builds are known to work on the top of modpunk's LOS 17.1 v1.2.

For the S10+ (beyond2lte) ==> e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte_mpv.zip is confirmed to work perfectly fine.

For builds waiting to be tested and confirmed (I'd need your feedback, ideally on the top of modpunk's LOS 17.1 v1.3)):

S10e:
- e-0.13-q-20201216-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte_XXS9DTI8.zip ==> Build to test, based on blobs extracted directly from the samsung official stock XXS9DTI8 firmware.
- e-0.13-q-20201217-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte_XXU9DTJA.zip ==> uild to test, based on blobs extracted directly from the samsung official stock XXU9DTJA firmware.

Last edited:

sappounet

Jan 30, 2011
Thank you Anghirrim for your great work !

I should receive my S10e by the end of next week, and since my existing phone (Xiaomi) is still working perfectly fine, I will be happy to assist with doing some testing on my S10e for couple of days if needed.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if there are more tests needed by the end of next week.

Also, I have another question :
I saw that modpunk will stop updating his LOS 17.1 image, and will start working on LOS 18.1.
But since /e/ does not support LOS18.1 yet, what are your plans ? Do you consider switching to Ivan_Meler's LOS17.1 version ?
I guess switching to Ivan's version would be the only way to keep the security patches up to date, no ?

Reactions: Anghirrim

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a

I should receive my S10e by the end of next week, and since my existing phone (Xiaomi) is still working perfectly fine, I will be happy to assist with doing some testing on my S10e for couple of days if needed.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if there are more tests needed by the end of next week.

I saw that modpunk will stop updating his LOS 17.1 image, and will start working on LOS 18.1.
But since /e/ does not support LOS18.1 yet, what are your plans ? Do you consider switching to Ivan_Meler's LOS17.1 version ?
I guess switching to Ivan's version would be the only way to keep the security patches up to date, no ?
Glad to read your message.

I'll definitely be happy if you can test and report if both 0.13 builds are working fine for S10e.

Regarding long term sources.

By building /e/, the LOS security patches will still be up to date, so no problem on that side.

Regarding vendor and kernel, I'll have a look, it will depend on how Samsung keeps updating the stock firmware and if there are any improvements to bring to the rom.

However, Ivan_Meler started to work on LOS 18.1 and he may drop support on LOS 17.1 too. But, I may have a try with his kernel.

Sad thing is that modpunk's kernel and selinux optimizations are a good plus for the S10 family. I don't know what users would prefer. I may start a poll to see. :)

sappounet

Jan 30, 2011
Glad to read your message.

I'll definitely be happy if you can test and report if both 0.13 builds are working fine for S10e.

Sure, I'll do that. I guess you want me to flash both ROMs on top of modpunk's LOS 17.1 v1.3, right ?

Regarding long term sources.

By building /e/, the LOS security patches will still be up to date, so no problem on that side.

Great, good to hear that things will be fine on the security side.

Sad thing is that modpunk's kernel and selinux optimizations are a good plus for the S10 family. I don't know what users would prefer. I may start a poll to see. :)

Indeed, I'm very new to the S10 family and I've not yet understood what were the differences between modpunk's ROM and Ivan_Meler's ones, so I can't help much here.

Too bad they don't merge their forces to build and maintain a single ROM :(

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Sure, I'll do that. I guess you want me to flash both ROMs on top of modpunk's LOS 17.1 v1.3, right?

Indeed, I'm very new to the S10 family and I've not yet understood what were the differences between modpunk's ROM and Ivan_Meler's ones, so I can't help much here.

Yep, v1.3. Depending on the outcome of your testing, I'll take time to download the latest Samsung firmwares and build compatible versions with it (equivalent to modpunk's 1.4).

For the difference between both roms, you can read modpunk's OP, he's pretty clear on what he did regarding the kernel version used as well as his selinux optimization.

Reactions: sappounet

sappounet

Jan 30, 2011
I've received my S10e and installed modpunk's v1.3.

What exactly do you want me to test ? Are we simply talking about installing the /e/ rom on top of modpunk's v1.3 ? Or is there any specific things you want me to verify ?

Also, do you know if it's normal that TWRP is not asking me to decrypt my storage and shows jebberish random folder names ?

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I've received my S10e and installed modpunk's v1.3.

What exactly do you want me to test ? Are we simply talking about installing the /e/ rom on top of modpunk's v1.3 ? Or is there any specific things you want me to verify ?

Also, do you know if it's normal that TWRP is not asking me to decrypt my storage and shows jebberish random folder names ?
Hi,

Yes, please just try to install both versions below on the top of modpunk's V1.3 and tell me if t works. You can also test major stuff like data, wifi, etc...

S10e:
- e-0.13-q-20201216-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte_XXS9DTI8.zip ==> Build to test, based on blobs extracted directly from the samsung official stock XXS9DTI8 firmware.
- e-0.13-q-20201217-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte_XXU9DTJA.zip ==> uild to test, based on blobs extracted directly from the samsung official stock XXU9DTJA firmware.

While for the TWRP and folders, got no idea... I don't own the S10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fe-color.png

brought to you by the
    https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FeFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

About /e/:
    /e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:

is open source
    is pro-privacy
    is compatible with most existing Android applications
    cares about usability
    is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
    already exists!

It’s the alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly on the smartphone.

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:

an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
    a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
    various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features:
    Based on the stable Lineage OS 17.1
    microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
    All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
    All features and fixes of our LOS 17.1 builds (Whatawurst team).
    No OTA suppport for now.

What works:
    Same as Whatawurst team LOS 17.1 build

Known issues:
    /e/ Q is still in development stage (still, stable enough for a daily driver with no bugs). So you may still see one or two calls to Google servers until the Q branch is official.
    You tell me
    Same as Whatawurst team LOS 17.1 build

SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash Magisk modules or anything else which sets SELinux to permissive or you open your device for malware!
    Do not flash Multi Disabler on this ROM!

Requirements:
    Latest TWRP build.
    Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!

Installation:
    If this is your first time flashing a rom, or not coming from @modpunk LOS 17.1 build, please follow the same steps than their detailed installation process

Otherwise:
    Full clean install is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    Flash /e/
    Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
    Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
    Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
    Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!

Download:
    Get your builds from my GoogleDrive (I know, it's ironical)
    S10e (beyond0lte, SM-G970F)
    S10 (beyond1lte, SM-G973F)
    S10+ (beyond2lte, SM-G975F)

Note:
    Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs:
    Check /e/, LineageOS or whatawurst team changelogs. I build straight from sources

Support:
    /e/ Support Telegram Channel

Credits:
    LineageOS (the base of /e/)
    The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
    the whatawurst team for their kernel, device and vendor sources.
    The Exynos9820 Team
    and more..

Sources:
    How to build /e/
    Local_manifest ==> See attachments

XDA:DevDB Information
    beyond0lte_eos-Q_custom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos

Contributors:
    Whatawurst team (modpunk, derf elot,Linux4), steadfasterX, Exynos9820 Team

Source Code:
    https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: XXS9DTI8
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-25
    waited both times nearly an hour, but still on triangle page.
    Would make sence to try, the earlier version (20201107)?
    .. thanks a lot .. (twice, because I missed it before:)
    Ah good, your answer is still here!!

How about checking the md5 on your PC, is the output OK compared with the md5sum files available on the drive?

Thanks
    Hi, sorry for the delay in answering, I haven't been able to log in so re-registered.
    I checked the md5 and they matched. After installing modpunks LOS 17.1 I thought I would try the earlier build of your /e/ os and it installed without a problem.
    Been using it for a few days and have had no issues.
    Thankyou
    Well, new attempt uploaded for the S10+ (beyond2lte).

There are two builds on 12/13/2020.
    - e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip ==> the one to test first, with my hopefully fixed vendor
    - e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte_mpv.zip ==> Same as above, but with manually replaced vendor.img, using modpunk's latest build one.

Can someone test and report if it boots? @trendgegner maybe?

Download folder, same as usual.