[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Q] /e/ OS Q for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ (beyond*lte family)

sappounet

Jan 30, 2011
Actually, by looking at the thread of the underlying ROM that is used to build this /e/ ROM, it seems like one person was able to install LOS+microG and have all the safety checks validated.

See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-v1-4-update-2020-12-17.4076585/post-84220117

So when I have some time I will give a try to get the same kind of thing working on this /e/ ROM.

I guess that ideally we would want all the safety checks validated directly upon install, but I'm not exactly sure if it's technically possible to pre-patch the /e/ ROM image with those changes.

@Anghirrim do you think it would be possible ?

bertino

Oct 17, 2014
Actually, by looking at the thread of the underlying ROM that is used to build this /e/ ROM, it seems like one person was able to install LOS+microG and have all the safety checks validated.

See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-v1-4-update-2020-12-17.4076585/post-84220117

So when I have some time I will give a try to get the same kind of thing working on this /e/ ROM.

I guess that ideally we would want all the safety checks validated directly upon install, but I'm not exactly sure if it's technically possible to pre-patch the /e/ ROM image with those changes.

@Anghirrim do you think it would be possible ?
I think that comment was referring to the checks inside microg settings, which indicate that microg has been properly installed, and not to safetynet, as some piece of the protocol used by apps to request safetynet verification is not properly implemented in microg. (see https://github.com/microg/RemoteDroidGuard/issues/24)

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
I think that comment was referring to the checks inside microg settings, which indicate that microg has been properly installed, and not to safetynet, as some piece of the protocol used by apps to request safetynet verification is not properly implemented in microg. (see https://github.com/microg/RemoteDroidGuard/issues/24)
Yeah, as far as I know, Safetinet is broken with MicroG, whatever ROM you are using...

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Updated 0.14 builds made by @petefoth (hope I mentionned the right guy accross forums).

@petefoth , feel free to update the links here too!

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
@petefoth , feel free to update the links here too!
Before you flash, please read this post on the /e/ forums

The patched versions (name ending `-mpv`) have more chance of working, I would be very interested to know if the the unpatched Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F, beyond2lte) works. Any and all feedback is welcome!

Here are the links to the relevant directories on Android File Host

- For Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F, beyond0lte) the files are here

- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F, beyond1lte) the files are here

- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F, beyond2lte) the files are here

The manifest used in the build is available here

Good luck!

Reactions: Anghirrim

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
Hey guys .. so I wanted to give some feedback after 3 weeks with e .13 .. mostly good I would say :)

overall it was pretty stable and fast

I don't tested much apps but only one I had problems with, was "ebay-kleinanzeigen" but could be because of trackers ?! Even banking apps worked stable.

BUT calling is still crazy! only way I found to do calls, is press powerBTN direct after starting a call and I had to remove all call-stoping settings from shortcut menu. (but still all existing shortcuts are pressed radomly, like light goes on)

Light-Sensor is the same, auto-brightness is just changing all the time. So Light- and Face-Sensor isn't working properly (but maybe is the same thing)

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Also wanted to try .14 from @petefoth but both images not working.
- beyond2lte-mpv is just 93MB
- beyond2lte says zip corrupt (see screenshot) .. downloaded twice on different browsers (chrome, opera) same result
Looks like there was a problem uploading to Android File Host. I've deleted the corrupt files and uploaded the built versions again.

The patched version is at <https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722773>
The MD5 Checksum is b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 . You should be able to use that to check the downloaded file, but I have no idea how to do that 🙂

The unpatched version is at <https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722777>. MD5 checksum is 43b7f41e79d50f75e0e0d846f09e8df1

Do let me know how it goes 🙂

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
I've learned how to use the md5sum

You use it to check the downloaded file: in the directory you downloaded to run the following

`md5sum e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip`

The number output should match the checksum i.e

`b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip`

The checksums shown on AFH match the checksums of the files on my build machine :)

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
at least both zips now working .. BUT the beyond2lte freezes on yellow triangle screen .. installed twice (with and without wipe)
second (beyond2lte-mpv) works fine .. light sensor is still shaky, but feels a little better

tell you more, when I played a bit with it

KenHerman

Feb 8, 2021
I've installed and run with success on my beyond2lte, but have 1 issue.
I can backup system (et al) with TWRP, but not data. It errors out with a createTarFork() 255 error.

All research I've seen on this error is to delete the offending file listed in the generated log, but I've tried deleting a large number of files through a large number of backup attempts. But, sadly, there is always a new file that causes the error. So, I gave up.

To be fair, this occurs on /e/ 0.12 and 0.13 also. Does anyone know how to fix or bypass this? I really can't use the rom if I can't backup and restore fully. So, for now, I've resigned myself to LineageOS 18.1, but I'd prefer /e/.

And, no, I'm not doing dirty installs - I'm wiping and formatting.

FYI - I have been able to backup data on Lineage and the stock rom - but /e/, no luck at all.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
I've installed and run with success on my beyond2lte, but have 1 issue.
I can backup system (et al) with TWRP, but not data. It errors out with a createTarFork() 255 error.

All research I've seen on this error is to delete the offending file listed in the generated log, but I've tried deleting a large number of files through a large number of backup attempts. But, sadly, there is always a new file that causes the error. So, I gave up.

To be fair, this occurs on /e/ 0.12 and 0.13 also. Does anyone know how to fix or bypass this? I really can't use the rom if I can't backup and restore fully. So, for now, I've resigned myself to LineageOS 18.1, but I'd prefer /e/.

And, no, I'm not doing dirty installs - I'm wiping and formatting.

FYI - I have been able to backup data on Lineage and the stock rom - but /e/, no luck at all.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Sorry I can't be much help as I don't own one of these devices .

I have experienced this problem on other devices, and the two things that have helped me in the past:

- Check you have the correct version of TWRP. Problems can be caused if the version you have is either too old, or too new for the software you are using. If you updated TWRP to work with LOS 18, you might need the earlier version to work with /e/, which is still Android 10 / Q.
- Try formatting your data partition rather than just wiping.

If neither of those help, then I'm fresh out of ideas :(