Development [CLOSED] [OUT OF DATE] [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL][Q] /e/ OS Q for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ (beyond*lte family)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sappounet

Jan 30, 2011
Actually, by looking at the thread of the underlying ROM that is used to build this /e/ ROM, it seems like one person was able to install LOS+microG and have all the safety checks validated.

See https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-exynos-...-v1-4-update-2020-12-17.4076585/post-84220117

So when I have some time I will give a try to get the same kind of thing working on this /e/ ROM.

I guess that ideally we would want all the safety checks validated directly upon install, but I'm not exactly sure if it's technically possible to pre-patch the /e/ ROM image with those changes.

@Anghirrim do you think it would be possible ?

bertino

Oct 17, 2014
Actually, by looking at the thread of the underlying ROM that is used to build this /e/ ROM, it seems like one person was able to install LOS+microG and have all the safety checks validated.

See https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-exynos-...-v1-4-update-2020-12-17.4076585/post-84220117

So when I have some time I will give a try to get the same kind of thing working on this /e/ ROM.

I guess that ideally we would want all the safety checks validated directly upon install, but I'm not exactly sure if it's technically possible to pre-patch the /e/ ROM image with those changes.

@Anghirrim do you think it would be possible ?
I think that comment was referring to the checks inside microg settings, which indicate that microg has been properly installed, and not to safetynet, as some piece of the protocol used by apps to request safetynet verification is not properly implemented in microg. (see https://github.com/microg/RemoteDroidGuard/issues/24)

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Updated 0.14 builds made by @petefoth (hope I mentionned the right guy accross forums).

@petefoth , feel free to update the links here too!

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
@petefoth , feel free to update the links here too!

Before you flash, please read this post on the /e/ forums

The patched versions (name ending `-mpv`) have more chance of working, I would be very interested to know if the the unpatched Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F, beyond2lte) works. Any and all feedback is welcome!

Here are the links to the relevant directories on Android File Host

- For Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F, beyond0lte) the files are here

- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F, beyond1lte) the files are here

- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F, beyond2lte) the files are here

The manifest used in the build is available here

Good luck!

Reactions: Anghirrim

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
Hey guys .. so I wanted to give some feedback after 3 weeks with e .13 .. mostly good I would say :)

overall it was pretty stable and fast

I don't tested much apps but only one I had problems with, was "ebay-kleinanzeigen" but could be because of trackers ?! Even banking apps worked stable.

BUT calling is still crazy! only way I found to do calls, is press powerBTN direct after starting a call and I had to remove all call-stoping settings from shortcut menu. (but still all existing shortcuts are pressed radomly, like light goes on)

Light-Sensor is the same, auto-brightness is just changing all the time. So Light- and Face-Sensor isn't working properly (but maybe is the same thing)

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
Also wanted to try .14 from @petefoth but both images not working.
- beyond2lte-mpv is just 93MB
- beyond2lte says zip corrupt (see screenshot) .. downloaded twice on different browsers (chrome, opera) same result

Attachments

• IMAGE 2021-01-26 21:10:39.jpg
    IMAGE 2021-01-26 21:10:39.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 28

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Also wanted to try .14 from @petefoth but both images not working.
- beyond2lte-mpv is just 93MB
- beyond2lte says zip corrupt (see screenshot) .. downloaded twice on different browsers (chrome, opera) same result

Looks like there was a problem uploading to Android File Host. I've deleted the corrupt files and uploaded the built versions again.

The patched version is at <https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722773>
The MD5 Checksum is b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 . You should be able to use that to check the downloaded file, but I have no idea how to do that 🙂

The unpatched version is at <https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722777>. MD5 checksum is 43b7f41e79d50f75e0e0d846f09e8df1

Do let me know how it goes 🙂

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
Upload looks good 987MB now ... will try first default than mpv and give you feed back soon
.. thanks for the new files ..

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I've learned how to use the md5sum

You use it to check the downloaded file: in the directory you downloaded to run the following

`md5sum e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip`

The number output should match the checksum i.e

`b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip`

The checksums shown on AFH match the checksums of the files on my build machine :)

trendgegner

Dec 2, 2020
at least both zips now working .. BUT the beyond2lte freezes on yellow triangle screen .. installed twice (with and without wipe)
second (beyond2lte-mpv) works fine .. light sensor is still shaky, but feels a little better

tell you more, when I played a bit with it

KenHerman

Feb 8, 2021
I've installed and run with success on my beyond2lte, but have 1 issue.
I can backup system (et al) with TWRP, but not data. It errors out with a createTarFork() 255 error.

All research I've seen on this error is to delete the offending file listed in the generated log, but I've tried deleting a large number of files through a large number of backup attempts. But, sadly, there is always a new file that causes the error. So, I gave up.

To be fair, this occurs on /e/ 0.12 and 0.13 also. Does anyone know how to fix or bypass this? I really can't use the rom if I can't backup and restore fully. So, for now, I've resigned myself to LineageOS 18.1, but I'd prefer /e/.

And, no, I'm not doing dirty installs - I'm wiping and formatting.

FYI - I have been able to backup data on Lineage and the stock rom - but /e/, no luck at all.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I've installed and run with success on my beyond2lte, but have 1 issue.
I can backup system (et al) with TWRP, but not data. It errors out with a createTarFork() 255 error.

All research I've seen on this error is to delete the offending file listed in the generated log, but I've tried deleting a large number of files through a large number of backup attempts. But, sadly, there is always a new file that causes the error. So, I gave up.

To be fair, this occurs on /e/ 0.12 and 0.13 also. Does anyone know how to fix or bypass this? I really can't use the rom if I can't backup and restore fully. So, for now, I've resigned myself to LineageOS 18.1, but I'd prefer /e/.

And, no, I'm not doing dirty installs - I'm wiping and formatting.

FYI - I have been able to backup data on Lineage and the stock rom - but /e/, no luck at all.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Sorry I can't be much help as I don't own one of these devices .

I have experienced this problem on other devices, and the two things that have helped me in the past:

- Check you have the correct version of TWRP. Problems can be caused if the version you have is either too old, or too new for the software you are using. If you updated TWRP to work with LOS 18, you might need the earlier version to work with /e/, which is still Android 10 / Q.
- Try formatting your data partition rather than just wiping.

If neither of those help, then I'm fresh out of ideas :(

I have installed e/os onto Samsung S7.
I also have an s10 plus and iam thinking about too to install e/os onto s10 plus.
Banking Apps working.

But I have some questions:

It's also unpossible to use some apps like onto the (official supported) S7? :
- Microsoft Company Portal (Intune) app with working work profile (registration etc.)
- Google Playstore buyed Apps verification with micro? = Fixed by magisk install and module for working playstore verification except for aqua mail.

Update: Installed micro g playstore fixed and in app purchase verification is now possible onto e/os. Nice. Only exception keeps aqua mail.

Only company portal app by Microsoft with working work profile (always get notification, that network unavailable) not working.

Thanks

Last edited:

randominternetuser

Feb 4, 2024
Hello, I am having difficulties installing petefoth's rom. I am using a Samsung galaxy s10 + (beyond2lte). I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but is there any instructions on installation. I tried everything, listed below:

- install latest version of twrp for the device; wipe dalvik cache; cache; system; data ; install ROM; end result is a bootloop.

- install modpunk twrp for the device; wipe dalvik cache; cache; system; data ; install ROM; end result is an error "Zip Treble Compatibility error"

- install latest Lineageos recovery for the device; wipe data; caches and system; apply update - the rom; end result is bootloop.

- install latest version of twrp for the device; wipe dalvik cache; cache; system; data ; install Lineageos 18; install ROM; end result is a bootloop.

When I say "bootloop", I mean that the phone turns on, shows the yellow triangle with exclamation mark at the top; and after waiting a bit, reboots.

I also did try rebooting every time I wiped data in twrp; but that did not help.

I also checked that the phone is able to boot an OS. I installed Lineage os recovery on it, and Lineage os 20, and it booted. I did the same test with TWRP, and it too boots.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Hello, I am having difficulties installing petefoth's rom. I am using a Samsung galaxy s10 + (beyond2lte). I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but is there any instructions on installation. I tried everything, listed below:
I haven't made a build for this devices in a very long time, and the latest build I made was Android version 12, LOS 17.1, /e/OS r. And the latest build I could find is e-0.14-q-20210124-
which is more than three years old. /e/OS is now at version 1.20 . Even if you could get this OS to boot on your device, I wouldn't expect it to work. And flashing an Android 12 / Q ROM over an up-to-date Android 13 / T RO is unlikely to work without various hacks.

I don't know where you got the ROM image you are trying to install, but I will be removing the last version I uploaded to Android File Host. I will also as @Anghirrim who started this forum thread, to remove the out of date links in his original post, and to edit the Thread title to make clear this out-of-date build should not be used

If you wish to run a privacy-respecting ROM on your device you should pick an up-to-date, officially supported version, i.e. one of
  • The latest LineageOS for MicroG release (lineage-20.0-20240103-microG-beyond2lte.zip from here. Support for this ROM is available in the LineageOS for MicroG forum thread
  • The latest official IodéOS release iode-4.9-20240123-beyond2lte.zip/ICODE] from [URL='https://github.com/iodeOS/ota/releases/tag/v4-beyond2lte']here[/URL]. Support for this ROM is available in the [URL='https://community.iode.tech/latest']IodéOS community forums,[/URL] [*]The latest official /e/OS ROM from [URL='https://images.ecloud.global/dev/beyond2lte/']here[/URL]. Support for this ROM is available in the [URL='https://community.e.foundation/latest']/e/ Community forums[/URL] [/LIST]

Reactions: Anghirrim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fe-color.png

This ROM is now out of date and should not be used on your phone unless you really want it.

brought to you by the
    https%3A%2F%2Fe.foundation%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FeFoundation-1-400x61.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

About /e/:
    /e/ is an a mobile ecosystem (ROM + onlines services) that:

is open source
    is pro-privacy
    is compatible with most existing Android applications
    cares about usability
    is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
    already exists!

It’s the alternative to the Apple/Google duopoly on the smartphone.

... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:

an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
    a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
    various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.

Features:
    Based on the stable Lineage OS 17.1
    microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
    All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
    All features and fixes of our LOS 17.1 builds (Whatawurst team).
    No OTA suppport for now.

What works:
    Same as Whatawurst team LOS 17.1 build

Known issues:
    /e/ Q is still in development stage (still, stable enough for a daily driver with no bugs). So you may still see one or two calls to Google servers until the Q branch is official.
    You tell me
    Same as Whatawurst team LOS 17.1 build

SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash Magisk modules or anything else which sets SELinux to permissive or you open your device for malware!
    Do not flash Multi Disabler on this ROM!

Requirements:
    Latest TWRP build.
    Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!

Installation:
    If this is your first time flashing a rom, or not coming from @modpunk LOS 17.1 build, please follow the same steps than their detailed installation process

Otherwise:
    Full clean install is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    Flash /e/
    Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
    Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
    Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
    Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!

Download:
    Get your builds from my GoogleDrive (I know, it's ironical)
    (Download links removed as ROM is out of date)

Note:
    Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    The current build is the latest for your device.

Changelogs:
    Check /e/, LineageOS or whatawurst team changelogs. I build straight from sources

Support:
    /e/ Support Telegram Channel

Credits:
    LineageOS (the base of /e/)
    The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
    the whatawurst team for their kernel, device and vendor sources.
    The Exynos9820 Team
    and more..

Sources:
    How to build /e/
    Local_manifest ==> See attachments

XDA:DevDB Information
    beyond0lte_eos-Q_custom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos

Contributors:
    Whatawurst team (modpunk, derf elot,Linux4), steadfasterX, Exynos9820 Team

Source Code:
    https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: XXS9DTI8
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-25
    waited both times nearly an hour, but still on triangle page.
    Would make sence to try, the earlier version (20201107)?
    .. thanks a lot .. (twice, because I missed it before:)
    Ah good, your answer is still here!!

How about checking the md5 on your PC, is the output OK compared with the md5sum files available on the drive?

Thanks
    Hi, sorry for the delay in answering, I haven't been able to log in so re-registered.
    I checked the md5 and they matched. After installing modpunks LOS 17.1 I thought I would try the earlier build of your /e/ os and it installed without a problem.
    Been using it for a few days and have had no issues.
    Thankyou
    Well, new attempt uploaded for the S10+ (beyond2lte).

There are two builds on 12/13/2020.
    - e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip ==> the one to test first, with my hopefully fixed vendor
    - e-0.13-q-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte_mpv.zip ==> Same as above, but with manually replaced vendor.img, using modpunk's latest build one.

Can someone test and report if it boots? @trendgegner maybe?

Download folder, same as usual.
    Thank you Anghirrim for your great work !

I should receive my S10e by the end of next week, and since my existing phone (Xiaomi) is still working perfectly fine, I will be happy to assist with doing some testing on my S10e for couple of days if needed.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if there are more tests needed by the end of next week.

Also, I have another question :
    I saw that modpunk will stop updating his LOS 17.1 image, and will start working on LOS 18.1.
    But since /e/ does not support LOS18.1 yet, what are your plans ? Do you consider switching to Ivan_Meler's LOS17.1 version ?
    I guess switching to Ivan's version would be the only way to keep the security patches up to date, no ?