[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Q] LineageOS 17.1 for Poco F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LaMarMôt

Sep 15, 2011
i9100
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Yes, exactly! I have been plain Linux User for years now. Usually, you can do all what is possible with Fastboot or ADB without Windows Tooling. My Moto devices for example, I have always flashed by direct fastboot console commands.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T976B mit Tapatalk

I guess you could in theory, as it is what the tool does, with flashing everything in the right partition, but i dunno, it would really be less of a hassle to borrow a windows computer... which is very sad indeed

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Can you explain how to install MiFlash correctly? I am now at a friend's Windows PC. When starting driver installer, I only get a message box with Chinese text and drivers do not install.View attachment 5136013

Gesendet von meinem SM-T976B mit Tapatalk

I got out of bootloop by having a full clean reinstall of LOS by use of the LR Team Recovery (did not flash the LOS recovery again).

I reformatted data, rebooted to recovery, reinstalled LOS, then reinstalled LR recovery (to correct that the ROM installation killed it), rebooted to recovery, installed GApps and rebooted to system. No Magisk for the first run. I wanted to try to reboot to recovery from within the system first. It worked - recovery is still there! So I do not expect Magisk making any more problems, whenever it needs to do some installation. If recovery is bootable from within the system, it should be for Magisk, too. At least, I hope so. Tomorrow's problem for now.

What I still have hassles with, is the camera issue. I swear that I started all the procedure by changing to 12.0.4.0 Global ROM, but nonetheless, camera is force closing immediately. At the first start, it asks for location permissions, I granted them and then - also whenever I reopen the cam APP - it force closes.

And another thing: Whenever I boot the LOS System, I get an Android system message box saying that there is an internal problem with my device and that I should direct to the manufacturer. Anybody else having this? Is that normal for this LOS build? With stock ROM I do not get this.

Gesendet von meinem POCO F2 Pro mit Tapatalk
I had the same issue with magisk 21.1 after clean flash PE/AICP.
Then I flashed over (flash back recovery, without reflashing back rom) the magisk 21.0 . Now it is working fine. I suspect something is wrong with magisk 21.1

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Maybe. But my main problem is at the moment, that I do not get LOS with a working camera.

Already installed 12.0.4, but anyway. Wanted to retry with MiFlash, but this does not install drivers.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
I guess you could in theory, as it is what the tool does, with flashing everything in the right partition, but i dunno, it would really be less of a hassle to borrow a windows computer... which is very sad indeed

In my opinion, you can not have more hassles than with windows. That MiFlash does not install drivers is one more prove for me that it's exactly like that ;)! Such things were the reason why I said bye-bye Windows and only use it if there's no way around. I will append my MiFlash log here - maybe you can tell me how to get it running.

But anyway, I really can not imagine that the camera force close problem comes from having flashed 12.0.4 with another tool than MiFlash, as Fastboot Flash remains Fastboot Flash. Of course, this can not be completely excluded as a possible solution, but I think the problem comes from elsewhere. There has been another user here having had the same issue - he also came from 12.0.4, but nonetheless, camera crashes.

Last edited:

xeroin82

May 29, 2014
Dark side of the Liguria
Create a new folder with name "log", in the folder of you have extracted mi flash and download the driver

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Work well this rom with the game?

LaMarMôt

Sep 15, 2011
i9100
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
[/COLOR]Work well this rom with the game?

I don't know but with CrDroid (another rom based on LOS) the Antutu score is higher than with stock rom. And the few games i have launch are running very well.
You might wanna flash your graphic drivers update though

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

In my opinion, you can not have more hassles than with windows. That MiFlash does not install drivers is one more prove for me that it's exactly like that ;)! Such things were the reason why I said bye-bye Windows and only use it if there's no way around. I will append my MiFlash log here - maybe you can tell me how to get it running.

But anyway, I really can not imagine that the camera force close problem comes from having flashed 12.0.4 with another tool than MiFlash, as Fastboot Flash remains Fastboot Flash. Of course, this can not be completely excluded as a possible solution, but I think the problem comes from elsewhere. There has been another user here having had the same issue - he also came from 12.0.4, but nonetheless, camera crashes.

I can only agree with you about windows..

the 12.0.4 you flashed before was global (MI) or euro (EU) ? (i.e. V12.0.4.0.QJKMIXM not V12.0.4.0.QJKEUXM)

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Log folder is already there. There I got the log from what I appended before.

that would be the Xiaomi flashing "guide"
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2 (they talk about MiPCSuite in the end if flashtool doesn't work, didn't try dunno what more/less it does)

that would be the drivers
https://gsmusbdriver.com/xiaomi-poco-f2-pro

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Make sure you do something like that once you intalled the drivers (see the "guide" as well)

0) This is applicable to fastboot version of MIUI V12.0.4.0.QJKMIXM (aka tgz file that you need to extract twice)
1) Move the extracted firmware directory imi_global_images_V12.0.3.......etc.etc. (containing flash_all.bat, images.... think you need to extract twice if i remember well) to C: directory and rename to something short, like xiaomiFirm (AND WITH NO SPACES in the name).
This will solve a lot of weird error's as MiFlash doesn't like long directories
2) enter the correct path for firmware in FlashTool, put the phone in fastboot and plug it, hit refresh
2) Choose clean all option in MiFlash, NOT "clean all and lock" (would relock BL)
3) After finishing flashing mine gave error Not catch checkpoint flash is not done, but booted normally. Gave me a heart attack.
4)Boot into V12.0.3.0 QJKMIXM, set the phone up

Last edited:

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
@LaMarMôt
Thank you for your great instructions, link collections and of course, all your patience... But no way - no working camera... I have always come from the Global MIUI version. In the beginning, I had the EU version, because my phone was sold by a local dealer in Germany (so it's a EU version). That means, according to the Op instructions, I have NEVER tried to come to LOS with the initial software version of my device (EU). After having unlocked the bootloader of my device, I immediately changed to Global version. The link you sent me earlier - this was exactly the firmware I have been with all the time when trying to get LOS running with working camera...

Now - after having tried several ways to come from EU ROM To Global one and from there to LOS - I think I can say, that currently, there is no way to get LOS with working camera to a device which was not originally shipped with Global ROM version. I do not have any other explanation for the hassles I have been suffering. Of course, I believe everbody claiming to have a working camera, but I think none of these is one who came from EU Stock ROM. If there is anybody out there, who came from EU ROM and got running LOS with working camera, just tell me what rocket science you did to achieve that. Me for my part, I have changed to Xiaomi.eu in the meantime. Still MIUI, but better than stock and at least with working camera. I suppose, that there's still sleeping a bug with the camera - at least for several devices. Maybe, the camera hardware is slightly different between K30 Pro shipped with Global firmware and Poco F2 Pro with EU firmware... Dunno... All this what I am saying here is nothing but some thoughts from what I have made up my mind with. There's a lot of room for whatever speculation. In fact, nobody could finally help me to solve this problem so far. Unfortunately, we have not heard anything else from the person from here who had the same problem like me. Maybe, later on, after LOS for Poco F2 Pro has become more mature, I will have another try with it.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
@LaMarMôt
Thank you for your great instructions, link collections and of course, all your patience... But no way - no working camera... I have always come from the Global MIUI version. In the beginning, I had the EU version, because my phone was sold by a local dealer in Germany (so it's a EU version). That means, according to the Op instructions, I have NEVER tried to come to LOS with the initial software version of my device (EU). After having unlocked the bootloader of my device, I immediately changed to Global version. The link you sent me earlier - this was exactly the firmware I have been with all the time when trying to get LOS running with working camera...

Now - after having tried several ways to come from EU ROM To Global one and from there to LOS - I think I can say, that currently, there is no way to get LOS with working camera to a device which was not originally shipped with Global ROM version. I do not have any other explanation for the hassles I have been suffering. Of course, I believe everbody claiming to have a working camera, but I think none of these is one who came from EU Stock ROM. If there is anybody out there, who came from EU ROM and got running LOS with working camera, just tell me what rocket science you did to achieve that. Me for my part, I have changed to Xiaomi.eu in the meantime. Still MIUI, but better than stock and at least with working camera. I suppose, that there's still sleeping a bug with the camera - at least for several devices. Maybe, the camera hardware is slightly different between K30 Pro shipped with Global firmware and Poco F2 Pro with EU firmware... Dunno... All this what I am saying here is nothing but some thoughts from what I have made up my mind with. There's a lot of room for whatever speculation. In fact, nobody could finally help me to solve this problem so far. Unfortunately, we have not heard anything else from the person from here who had the same problem like me. Maybe, later on, after LOS for Poco F2 Pro has become more mature, I will have another try with it.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
@LaMarMôt

If I remember well, the Chinese text means 'Drivers installed'.

Have you tried to use MiFlash with wine?

No, I have not tried. I do not even have installed wine, because I experienced better results and less problems using a VirtualBox. USB connection handling is even worse with wine.

Last edited:

Thystle

Jan 17, 2017
I may found another issue,

I use LTE network and open hotpot to share,
Other device just do not connect to Redmi K30 Pro.
No matter I set password or not.

01/11/2020:
- Updated all the blobs from cmi
- Updated kernel/dtb/dtbo/kernel modules from MIUI Global v12.0.4.0
- Fixed audio crackling
- Fixed pop-up camera LED
- Added pop-up camera sounds (you can disable them in Settings > System > Front camera effects)

Linez

Jan 17, 2013
Pasuruan
Won't happen for this phone, don't worry

Grazie amico, this is important for me.

I have a question though. Is flashing stock OpenGapps inadvisable? Will the inclusion of google webview and or pixel launcher broke the rom installation?

I ask because I encounter problems when I include those google apps when flashing los on Mi 9, but don't have such problems on OnePlus 7.

ChicoDeGoma

May 4, 2015
Hey guys, new user to the F2 here.

After 2 weeks trying MIUI 12 (one because I wanted and another because I forgot I should had unlocked before upgraded to 12.0.4) I couldn't stay more on MIUI so I went back to LOS (I have a LeEco LePro 3)
I can confirm like other peeps on this thread that Magisk 21.1 makes the device to bootloop, but 21.0 runs pretty okay.

I would also like to know if SeLinux would be avalaible in the near future. I really really would like to have all security features avalaible at base install and although this seems to be non-priority for me (no banking apps on me nope) I don't like it is not in here.

Thank you for the job tho, runs like a charm.

Shished

Nov 8, 2016
You won't need to use Magisk 21 unless you are running Android 11. Magisk 20.4 works fine with this ROM.

Hey guys, new user to the F2 here.

After 2 weeks trying MIUI 12 (one because I wanted and another because I forgot I should had unlocked before upgraded to 12.0.4) I couldn't stay more on MIUI so I went back to LOS (I have a LeEco LePro 3)
I can confirm like other peeps on this thread that Magisk 21.1 makes the device to bootloop, but 21.0 runs pretty okay.

I would also like to know if SeLinux would be avalaible in the near future. I really really would like to have all security features avalaible at base install and although this seems to be non-priority for me (no banking apps on me nope) I don't like it is not in here.

Thank you for the job tho, runs like a charm.
If you have root, use selinux mode changer to toggle selinux status.
https://github.com/MrBIMC/SELinuxModeChanger/releases

moviefirst

Nov 3, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hello, i tried to install Lineageos but not succeeding.
I'm doing the exact steps like in op, but at the point where I have to side load it gives a failure. When I push the Apply from adb button in Los recovery my computer doesn't recognize the phone anymore, it disconnect. Where as in fastboot it recognizes it. Installing other roms with twrp did succeed without problems. I'm using original usb cable. Does anybody knows a solution to this? Thx in advance.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
@LaMarMôt
Now - after having tried several ways to come from EU ROM To Global one and from there to LOS - I think I can say, that currently, there is no way to get LOS with working camera to a device which was not originally shipped with Global ROM version. I do not have any other explanation for the hassles I have been suffering. Of course, I believe everbody claiming to have a working camera, but I think none of these is one who came from EU Stock ROM. If there is anybody out there, who came from EU ROM and got running LOS with working camera, just tell me what rocket science you did to achieve that. ... In fact, nobody could finally help me to solve this problem so far.

Have just got to know the reason for my camera issue by somebody from the Telegram Support Channel who had the same issue than me: He flashed an obsolete build which indeed seemed to have camera issues and I was stupid enough to have done the same mistake 😤🙈! Just to clarify and to know for those who may run into the same trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions (Follow them carefully)
    If you aren't on my previous LineageOS build:
    - On fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    - Install LOS recovery
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    - Format data/cache with recovery
    - Flash the ROM via ADB sideload (On recovery, Update > Update with ADB)
    Code:
    adb sideload <ROM filename>
    - Flash Gapps/Magisk with ADB sideload (same procedure as before)
    - Reboot

If you are on my previous LineageOS build:
    - Install TWRP or LRTWRP
    - Flash ROM normally without wiping data
    - Reboot

What is working
    - Booting
    - Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - RIL (calling, SMS, mobile data, VoLTE) (dual SIM works)
    - Audio
    - Camera
    - Camera motor
    - Fingerprint on display
    - NFC
    - GPS
    - Camera LED
    - Automatic brightness
    - USB (MTP, ADB, etc.)
    - AOSP offline charging
    - LiveDisplay
    - Sensors (rotation, accelerometer, etc...)

Bugs
    Recovery:
    - After you did first boot, recovery won't boot anymore, to fix, flash TWRP from mauronofrio via fastboot ot fastbootd AFTER you flashed the ROM

Required firmware
    V12.0.4.0.QJKMIXM
    If you are on v12.0.3.0 vendor, you can just update vendor
    Full firmware: Here
    Vendor: Here

Note: LineageOS 17.1 is EOL

Downloads

ROM
    Recovery

Changelogs are on #2 post
    Telegram channel for updates: Here
    Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
    (MIUI prebuilt kernel is used, although there are kernel sources in the org, will be hopefully fixed soon)
    Common device tree
    lmi device tree
    Common kernel sources
    Common vendor blobs

Happy modding!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Poco F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi], ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)

Contributors
    SebaUbuntu
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: V12.0.4.0.QJKMIXM
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-07
    Last Updated 2020-11-06
    Nice work brother, and can u add md5sum/sha1sum for checking? Thank you for your hard work.

From the next build I'll add MD5 hash
    Netflix Black Bars

Hi, I would just like to ask (not sure if it's only on my device) because Netflix is not showing full screen and there are black bars left and right. Checked the DRM info and I have Widevine L1. Is it due to this current LOS build? Btw, thanks to the dev for this awesome custom ROM!

Edit: Sorry, didnt know there was a way to zoom in. Please disregard
    When will the Android 11 update arrive?
    SebaUbuntu said that he will update all his devices to Android 11.