• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [whyred]

Search This thread

SakilMondal

Nov 12, 2014
Kolkata
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
• Boots
• RIL (Calls, SMS, Data, VoLTE)
• Wi-Fi
• Hotspot
• Bluetooth
• Video Playback
• Camera
• Flash
• Audio
• Sensors
• LED
• GPS

Known issues:
• Selinux Permissive
• Fingerprint Sensor

Note: Fingerprint sensor only works for those who has fpc sensor, its broken for goodix users like me ;(
Use EAS kernels only

Installation instructions
• Download the latest build , GApps
• Reboot to recovery
• Wipe system , vendor , data , cache.
• Flash the latest build & GApps
• Wipe cache
• Reboot

Device info
Here

Kernel source
Here

Download
Download Link
• GApps aren't included
• Recommended gapps: Nik Gapps

I do this kind of stuff on my free time. If you like my work, please consider making a donation by clicking the link below.
PayPal: Here
UPI: [email protected], [email protected]

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [whyred], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
SakilMondal
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo or Pie FW
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-09-16
Last Updated 2020-09-17

Last edited by a moderator:

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Thanks for Android 11

Almost everything is working
camera
flash
video recording (1080P)
Fingerprint sensor (Lucky me)
VoLTE
USB Tethering
WiFi Hotspot
MTP

Last edited:

art_designer

Nov 3, 2019
No, Unable to add google account to chrome,
this maybe problem with gapps package, Will try with stock gapps package once

Yes, Its working fine for daily usage

No dont work... Ask me to put my code and after of this said that requires to factory reset and delete all data bexause is destroyed

nananatsu

Sep 21, 2020
The problem i faced on this ROM :

1)i can't open (setting-->display-->style and wallpaper) ... it showed "stop working"
2)it doesn't support quick charge and no sign or animation showed my phone is charging (before this im using evoX android 10 it works perfectly)
3)no option for screenshot in setting (i dont know if this is a new feature from android 11~)
4)the screenshot only support in potrait display not for landscape display
5)sometimes when i got a phone call.. its auto loud speaker (im annoyed bcs i must always turn it off manually)
6)not all apps support bubble chats

that is all for now..

otherwise everything is absolutely fine👍

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
Really awesome rom from the developer 😀 with no customisation. I installed with NikGapps full package. Everything works fine. Battery backup is good compared to other roms. Gameplay also nice. I removed the camera and installed Gcam. 4K video recording can be done. Nice rom. Thanks again dev for your great work. Love you guys for giving life to whyred and it's users.