• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R]LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 2 | Android 11

Search This thread

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey @_undead - first off: Thanks for keeping that ol boy alive!
Great work!

I just installed lineage-18.1-20211016-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus2.zip with NikGapps (Core) via ADB sideload after a complete wipe:
  • I can still copy the camera-problem -> Screen goes black about 10-15secs after starting stock-camera.
  • It is not possible to swap navigation-buttons (back and recent) while on-screen-buttons are deactivated.
  • I get a warning from Trust that the vendor-patch is out of date and the build is signed with a public key?
  • Couldn't test Mobile Data yet, as I have to find a SIM to use first :)
Stuff is translated, apologies if they don't fit the english wording 1:1.
Thanks.
  • As stated, I tried to implement a different fix for camera in the latest test build but it didn't do anything apparently.
  • You can customize what hardware keys do in the settings. I will try to implement a "swap" button.
  • Yes, ignore those. OP2 is pretty old and I didn't sign using a private key yet.
  • Mobile data issue is gone, as confirmed by others.
The translation was pretty accurate btw.
This is a test build, with selinux permissive.. I think.
All the test builds were enforcing.

Reactions: Sytec and Jaiwantn

Jaiwantn

Apr 5, 2021
OnePlus 2
Thanks for your time in building for this device......
sorry to mention this: the camera issue is still not yet resolved

anyone who tried this, pls confirm whether camera issue and mobile data issue is working fine for u or not?
and btw @_undead.... u did not update the last updated date in that one...starting of this thread ( I don't know what to call that as...sorry)

Last edited:

Aequita

Nov 21, 2018

anyone who tried this, pls confirm whether camera issue and mobile data issue is working fine for u or not?
and btw @_undead.... u did not update the last updated date in that one...starting of this thread ( I don't know what to call that as...sorry)
I can second this.
Dirty-flashed the recommended build and the camera-issue persists.
(still can't test mobile data tho)

Reactions: Jaiwantn

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1

Because it was a test build, not a release build
I can second this.
Dirty-flashed the recommended build and the camera-issue persists.
(still can't test mobile data tho)
Will check it out
Hey @_undead, thank you so much for keeping our devices up to date! I am looking to change over from the official aviraxp build some time soon.

Would it be possible for you to enable signature spoofing to allow the use of microg in your builds?
You can find the patch here: https://github.com/lineageos4microg...ofing_patches/android_frameworks_base-R.patch
Will do, thanks

FastJack2

Jan 18, 2012
Can confirm data toggle works in latest 18th) build, but camera gives instant black-screen. Not even takes a second as previous builds.

If you could fix that issue it would be absolutely the best daily driver! Amazing work so far!

I<Aow

Jul 4, 2018
I can use my camera so far. Build 18_10_2021 Don't know how long but long enough to take one or two photos. I flashed this version today and will test around and see if the microphone bug (sometimes the microphone does not work, this disappears after a reboot) appears again.

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Just an update,

I've been trying to incorporate both the fixes into a single build, but it doesn't seem to be going well.
Our blobs in general are too old. There are two separate workarounds for the Data Issue and Camera issue, individually adding them make the respective thing work fine, while adding them into a single build just breaks the camera. Back to square zero.

I'll try to workaround the data issue (I have an idea). Let's see how that goes. Until then, please flash the build for whatsoever is more important for your daily needs.

Until then, you can use RIL Control app on the build with camera working, so that data fixes without having to reboot your phone everytime. Do note that this app needs root. Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mukul2259/files/oneplus2/R/Ril_Control.apk/download

Cheers!

Last edited:

Jaiwantn

Apr 5, 2021
OnePlus 2
@_undead R u staying in India only know.(I am saying by seeing ur profile, it is mentioned that u r from Chandigarh)
At what time will u sleep and wake....u r posting a message at 3:47 am......very hard working man.....Good luck for ur upcoming builds and work....

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
@_undead R u staying in India only know.(I am saying by seeing ur profile, it is mentioned that u r from Chandigarh)
At what time will u sleep and wake....u r posting a message at 3:47 am......very hard working man.....Good luck for ur upcoming builds and work....
Yes, I am in India. It's just that my sleep schedule is off. Thanks.

Reactions: Jaiwantn

I<Aow

Jul 4, 2018
I can use my camera so far. Build 18_10_2021 Don't know how long but long enough to take one or two photos. I flashed this version today and will test around and see if the microphone bug (sometimes the microphone does not work, this disappears after a reboot) appears again.
OK, I take this back. I experienced the camera bug several times. Especially if the phone is busy and if I wanna read a QR Code. But also sometimes without heavy load.

AACLSM

Oct 12, 2021
CH
Just an update,

I've been trying to incorporate both the fixes into a single build, but it doesn't seem to be going well.
Our blobs in general are too old. There are two separate workarounds for the Data Issue and Camera issue, individually adding them make the respective thing work fine, while adding them into a single build just breaks the camera. Back to square zero.

I'll try to workaround the data issue (I have an idea). Let's see how that goes. Until then, please flash the build for whatsoever is more important for your daily needs.

Until then, you can use RIL Control app on the build with camera working, so that data fixes without having to reboot your phone everytime. Do note that this app needs root. Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mukul2259/files/oneplus2/R/Ril_Control.apk/download

Cheers!
Hi,

I confirm good working Camera for the "Camera Build" - though RIL App doesn't work reliable - at least
here in Switzerland. But with this it's to live for for me... :)
Stupid question: I can't find anymore the real Camera Pictures I can see it on the phone, but in DCIM/Camera is only a small/few KB jpg.datafile which can't be opened (-"corrupt") on my Computer :-(
Where to dig..?
Thanks in advance for any hint and help....

raptor_712

Sep 12, 2021
OnePlus 2
Hi All,

I am still using the old build with camera fix (lineage-18.1-20211012-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus2.zip). JFYI, found a workaround for data. While moving out of your WiFi zones, you can manually do one of the following:
1. Reboot your phone.
OR
2. Go to settings -> Network and Internet -> <Your Service Provider> -> Advanced -> Automatically select network.

Once any one of the two steps are done, you can come and go in WiFi zones. It does switches over to WiFi and Cell data network.

Hope this helps!

BTW, just one nuance. My camera has started showing blurry images now. Unable to scan QR codes while payments. Any workaround here?

Thanks!

I<Aow

Jul 4, 2018
OK, I take this back. I experienced the camera bug several times. Especially if the phone is busy and if I wanna read a QR Code. But also sometimes without heavy load.
The camera bug is now hitting very hard. Sometimes the device is black screening everytime I use the camera in whatever app and loose a lot of battery charging after. However I experienced another bug. My phone dialer is broken. I can’t pick up any call. But I can call someone. Saidly I can’t hang up the call because the whole "calling" screen is missing. Used the latest build, but I try rolling back to 12th of october and hope the camera is just working fine.

Jaiwantn

Apr 5, 2021
OnePlus 2
The camera bug is now hitting very hard. Sometimes the device is black screening everytime I use the camera in whatever app and loose a lot of battery charging after. However I experienced another bug. My phone dialer is broken. I can’t pick up any call. But I can call someone. Saidly I can’t hang up the call because the whole "calling" screen is missing. Used the latest build, but I try rolling back to 12th of october and hope the camera is just working fine.
actually @_undead recommended everyone to go to 12th october build...am also in 12th october only

Reactions: I<Aow

Jaiwantn

Apr 5, 2021
OnePlus 2
However the camera issue is fixed in 12th October version ROM, sometimes the device is not responding fully black, notification light and capacitive buttions are on and they are on forever, I need to force reboot my phone by pressing power button for long time...this tells that device is awake only....

I<Aow

Jul 4, 2018
Version 12th october is running quite well. Phone dialer is still broken on my device. However Google dialer seems to work instead. I did not notice mobile data issue. Can you tell me what's the problem about?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not a custom font, the default font only, but this is moving to right hand side without a reason, but this is very rare
    yeah, default lineage has 4 options for stock font, that might be one of them
    bDM92Fq.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working
    • Boots
    • RIL
    • VoLTE
    • Wi-Fi
    • GPS
    • Hotspot
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Camera/Video Recording
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • Alert Slider
    • Screen-off Gestures
    • WFD
    • ADB Debugging
    • SELinux Enforced
    • Safetynet

Known issues
    • You tell me

Installation Instructions
    • Download the build and reboot to recovery
    • Wipe system, data and cache
    • Install the ROM
    • Reboot

Notes:
    • For Gapps, flash Nikgapps, Omni or Macro recommended.
    • No support will be provided for above mentioned packages.
    • Stock LOS is the default kernel.

Reporting Bugs
    • You can grab logs via adb, any logcat reader app (matlog recommeded, now available on Play Store).
    • DO NOT report bugs if you are not running stock kernel/have any magisk modules or flashing any addon zip.

Downloads
    Click Here

Special Mentions
    • Akash Shetty
    • Wmbruckner
    • Schrodinger's cat
    • Sarthak
    • Pierre
    • rBen
    These guys helped by testing multiple builds and reporting with useful logs when needed.

• rBen for donating his OnePlus 2.
    • SGCMarkus for the help.
    • Abhishek Tiwari for the VoLTE fix.
    • Abhishek Tiwari and Gagan Malvi for the mm-pp-daemon fix.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R]LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 2 | Android 11, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    _undead
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8994

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-09
    Last Updated 2021-06-01
    Hello everyone,

Just pushed another build. Changelog is as follows:
    -WFD works now
    -mm-pp-daemon which pinned 100% usage for little cluster has been fixed
    -Miscellaneous under the hood improvements
    -Smoothness improvements
    -Synced with latest Lineage source

Cheers!
    Just an update,
    Fixed most of the issues.
    Update will be out soon.
    Just an update,

Cheers!
    The primary server I was using is gone, so I am not able to build anything for OnePlus 2 as of now. Hence no updates. Will try to arrange one.
    Hi ... what kind of server do you need ? Maybe I can help.
    Kind Regards
    Chris