[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite [platina]

Irimia

Jun 11, 2019
Tried everything, clean install, and all works fine, but when I flash Magisk (tried the last and also prior versions), after the reboot, the phone gets stuck in the Mi logo.

TheDon13

Oct 9, 2010
Good point. I have been seriously considering getting a new phone soon anyway. This one is now over 2 years old and I am sure the battery will be starting to give out soon. I would like to stick with Xiaomi, but it looks like none of their newer phones have a microSD slot in them anymore. I almost pulled the trigger on a Mi Note 10 Lite, until I realized it didn't have one, and the Mi 11 is just too dang expensive. Ugh! Looking at OnePlus stuff now.
Yes an SD card slot is a must for me too. That's why for the time being I'm sticking with my Mi 8 Lite. I don't understand why manufacturers are dropping it as their phones still aren't any slimmer; in fact they are way thicker than the 7.5mm of the Mi 8.
Recently tried a Huawei p40 lite 5G (as I was lured to try 5G !) but found it too thick & heavy really. Once one has a slim light phone like the Mi 8, its hard to change away! And only decent 5g sim only deals in UK are 12 month plus contracts.
Also Huawei have their silly NM card, no real benefit of micro sd I can see. So they just make more out of their proprietary expansion card (£20 plus at least for just 64gb, when my 256gb micro sd card cost less than £15! :) . Also the work arounds for Google Play were less than ideal. Sold it on for same money I paid, so no loss.
I nearly made the same mistake on the 10T Lite too, but yeah no sd card slot....daft imo & sales loser

D

Deleted member 11444131

Thanks a lot for this great ROM, it works perfectly!!

Is there any way to update from the previous to the latest version of your ROM without formatting data? From the discussion it seemed I have to format data due to the FBE issue. Is this correct?

Is it safe to flash another recovery even if data is not decrypted? I have TWRP 3.3.1 installed and I was wondering if SHRP 2.3.2 would be able to decrypt FBE, but I did not dare to give it a try...

Thanks again for your great work!

Libanai

Jul 5, 2009
Hello, I am stuck at the boot screen I tried to let it more than 20 minutes and the animated logo is still looping,

What I did:
- unlock the bootloader and install Pitchblack-recovery 2.9.0 (twrp 3.3.1)
- factory reset
- Flash the firmware V12.0 available on the first post
- flash the Rom
- wipe dalvik cache and reboot

And still stucked at the splash screen, have anyone experienced that?

lexridge

May 19, 2011
I'll support it until my platina unit dies, so don't worry
This is good news. I just downloaded the latest version an plan to flash it this weekend, time permitting. Is it possible to dirty flash this over the Bliss Android 10 ROM, or is a clean flash required? I know clean installs are always better, but this phone is so full I would be many hours restoring it.

SebaUbuntu

Feb 28, 2019
Parma, Italy
This is good news. I just downloaded the latest version an plan to flash it this weekend, time permitting. Is it possible to dirty flash this over the Bliss Android 10 ROM, or is a clean flash required? I know clean installs are always better, but this phone is so full I would be many hours restoring it.
Clean flash is required

Reactions: lexridge

SebaUbuntu

Feb 28, 2019
Parma, Italy
Hello, I am stuck at the boot screen I tried to let it more than 20 minutes and the animated logo is still looping,

What I did:
- unlock the bootloader and install Pitchblack-recovery 2.9.0 (twrp 3.3.1)
- factory reset
- Flash the firmware V12.0 available on the first post
- flash the Rom
- wipe dalvik cache and reboot

And still stucked at the splash screen, have anyone experienced that?
It is clearly written that a format data is required
Also, you should have more luck with the recovery I linked

Libanai

Jul 5, 2009
It is clearly written that a format data is required
Also, you should have more luck with the recovery I linked
Did not worked with a format data, but worked with the recovery you linked, I installed it to flash the rom + gapps and reinstalled the TWRP recovery to install magisk

Everything working so far except the camera flash, the flash triggers before the picture so the picture appears completely black, will try to install another app because I'm using the stock one

brokey

Mar 30, 2011
Melbourne
Ok, so I have installed quite a few ROMs but I wanted to know what is the correct procedure for installing this one...I am keen to give it a go considering all others are falling by the wayside...

I guess it's a full wipe and install the ROM with TWRP, yes? But what about GAPPS?

cheers

col

lexridge

May 19, 2011
I installed LOS 18.1 on my HTC 10 as a test bed before putting it onto my Mi 8 Lite. I noticed on the HTC the face unlock is missing. Is it working on this ROM for the Mi 8 Lite? I had intended on installing it last weekend, but my wedding kinda got in the way. So wanting to do it tomorrow possibly (Sunday). Face unlock is pretty handy.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
@SebaUbuntu do you think you could have a look into getting a twrp/orangeFox or something else updated to be able to decrypt the data of your Rom?

It would be a huge upgrade for me (and I think others as well?) to be able to make backups before updating.

I'm very happy to have an up-to-date system (especially in terms of monthly security patches, rather than the latest Android) on my device again, that works excellent. So huge thanks for that.

L

lexridge

May 19, 2011
So I finally got time to install this. Works very nicely so far. I am getting lots of "Trust - System Security" notifications about the keys being public signed. How do I disable this?

lexridge

May 19, 2011
Has anybody had any success using this ROM with Android Auto? I just get an error when connecting it in my vehicle head unit. "Unsupported Device". Have not had this issue with any other ROMs so far.

lexridge

May 19, 2011
I am sure it's not related to my previous post, but I am getting TONS of these messages in my log:
Code:
[ 250.717868] init: Control message: Could not find '[email protected]::IUceService/com.qualcomm.qti.uceservice' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 585 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)