• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RAMDISK][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
I suppose discussion on this ROM will move to the other thread, but I 'd just like to say that I very much appreciate that Linux4 also provides updates for those of us haven't had the time to move to the official variant.

I'll probably migrate in the future, but for the meantime this is great.

Reactions: Linux4

Truelan

Aug 25, 2021
is there any way for using banking app?
my fxxking banking app said "This device is rooted....blahblahblah" .

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
After @Linux4 get it to make this ROM official (congrats and many thanks!):

As I am using microG I would like to give https://lineage.microg.org/ a try. As I understand this it is almost 100% of the official LOS with some minor changes for spoofing. The interesting thing is, it provides a "dirty" upgrade path from a LOS by means of a "migration-zip" that provides a key-change. (More detauls at the linked site.) That sounds very promising to me.
Question to the community: anyone did this starting from an unoffical Linux4 LOS image?

Edit:
I did this now and it works. Just be aware that you will get error messages about signature verification. And the update stucks after the image itself (if you do have magisk installed). Just do a force reboot and do the installation (just the image) again. After that you can reboot to system and install Magisk again (out of recovery). Not sure whether you can do that in one step - I describe how I did it.

Now I have a official microg los with OTA. :)
Thanks to Linux4 and the team around LineageOS and LineageOS for microG.

Last edited:
Reactions: doeternietoe

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
is there any way for using banking app?
my fxxking banking app said "This device is rooted....blahblahblah" .
Yes, you can use Magisk Hide. If I remember right you can hide Magisk itself and also select apps that are "sensitive". For me it works. But maybe depending on the bank you use.

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
After @Linux4 get it to make this ROM official (congrats and many thanks!):

As I am using microG I would like to give https://lineage.microg.org/ a try. As I understand this it is almost 100% of the official LOS with some minor changes for spoofing. The interesting thing is, it provides a "dirty" upgrade path from a LOS by means of a "migration-zip" that provides a key-change. (More detauls at the linked site.) That sounds very promising to me.
Question to the community: anyone did this starting from an unoffical Linux4 LOS image?

Edit:
I did this now and it works. Just be aware that you will get error messages about signature verification. And the update stucks after the image itself (if you do have magisk installed). Just do a force reboot and do the installation (just the image) again. After that you can reboot to system and install Magisk again (out of recovery). Not sure whether you can do that in one step - I describe how I did it.

I've been thinking of migrating to this particular build for some time, so thank you for sharing your experience. Did you have microg / magisk / signature spoofing as part of your old install? And did you disable those before migrating?

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I've been thinking of migrating to this particular build for some time, so thank you for sharing your experience. Did you have microg / magisk / signature spoofing as part of your old install? And did you disable those before migrating?
No, I did not disable something before.

I did this now and it works. Just be aware that you will get error messages about signature verification. And the update stucks after the image itself (if you do have magisk installed). That is normal. Just do a force reboot and do the installation (just the image) again. After that you can reboot to system and install Magisk again (out of recovery). Not sure whether you can do that in one step - I describe how I did it.

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
Allright, in that case, I'll probably try to migrate as soon as I have enough spare time to reinstall in case it should go wrong (I expect it won't, but just in case).

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
Allright, in that case, I'll probably try to migrate as soon as I have enough spare time to reinstall in case it should go wrong (I expect it won't, but just in case).

So I tried to update with the .zip file provided by LineageOS-microg. Signature verification failed, as expected, but after that I got a "ERROR: packages.xml not found. Exiting..." message. The migration file seems to have done nothing and I've decided to just update with the latest unofficial update from Linux4.

So for people willing to try this: your mileage may vary....

SonOfOdinv3

Oct 1, 2021
Hi everybody!

I have the beyond2lte / S10+ and can't seem to make TWRP work.
It simply can't decrypt /data, after LOS has been installed. (Photo Attached)

I have tried LOS recovery, but it lacks functionality and can't do Nandroid Backups, which is the only thing I want from a recovery. I prefer TWRP without access to /data over that, tbh. I hate having to resort to ADB backups and don't want to employ app solutions like Titanium.

What should I do?

Attachments

• gitv4ptpyqq71.jpg
    gitv4ptpyqq71.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15

bertino

Oct 17, 2014
Hi everybody!

I have the beyond2lte / S10+ and can't seem to make TWRP work.
It simply can't decrypt /data, after LOS has been installed. (Photo Attached)

I have tried LOS recovery, but it lacks functionality and can't do Nandroid Backups, which is the only thing I want from a recovery. I prefer TWRP without access to /data over that, tbh. I hate having to resort to ADB backups and don't want to employ app solutions like Titanium.

What should I do?
You should read the OP. TWRP is NOT supported and it does NOT support FBE (encryption)

brotobg

Mar 11, 2014
Hello @Linux4,
I have a problem with turning off the wi-fi while the phone is asleep on my samsung s10 plus. GSam Battery Monitor indicates that it does not turn off when the phone is not in use. Is there a setting I can't find? I ask for your support.

I can't find a link to download the official version. The link marked on the first page directs me to lineageos download pages where all versions are nightly. Am I downloading the software from the right place?

By the way, the problem with wi-fi also happens with LineageOS 19

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-075816_GSam_Battery_Monitor_Pro.png
    Screenshot_20211127-075816_GSam_Battery_Monitor_Pro.png
    302 KB · Views: 12

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello @Linux4,
I have a problem with turning off the wi-fi while the phone is asleep on my samsung s10 plus. GSam Battery Monitor indicates that it does not turn off when the phone is not in use. Is there a setting I can't find? I ask for your support.

I can't find a link to download the official version. The link marked on the first page directs me to lineageos download pages where all versions are nightly. Am I downloading the software from the right place?

By the way, the problem with wi-fi also happens with LineageOS 19
Obviously I'm not Linux4, but here's my take on your q1: install naptime by Franco (or some similar battery saving tool).

brotobg

Mar 11, 2014
Obviously I'm not Linux4, but here's my take on your q1: install naptime by Franco (or some similar battery saving tool).
I did not say that I need to install additional software to reduce battery consumption. I would like the wi-fi to turn off in sleep mode on the phone and I would like this to happen automatically from the installed custom rom. I have been using Lineage OS (and before that Cyanogenmods) for more than 10 years and I have installed it on many phones and this option has been present in every software.
When the phone is without a SIM card, the battery is discharged by 5-6% in 24 hours, which I think is OK. Please for your advice @Linux4.

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
For anyone still on the unofficial 18.1 build with microG: (not sure how many of those there are left...)

Newer versions of LineageOS-microG support upgrading from other builds without using a separate script to change the keys. The migration zip they previously used didn't work for me, but the new method worked like a charm.

Steps I took before flashing:
- Made sure my current version was older than the LineageOS-microG zip
- Uninstalled microG before flashing
- Disabled Magisk module for signature spoofing
- Disabled F-Droid privileged extension

According to the howto this will _not_work with TWRP, only with Lineage recovery (which I used).

Very happy with the build in microG and no need for any complicated trickery to get signature spoofing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos9820-dev
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    Requirements:
    • Any Q or R based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Bixby and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    As this ROM has a working ramdisk sideloading the magisk apk is enough, just as it is
    on every other device, no bootimage with magisk included or installing to recovery is needed!
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel
    • All cameras are working
    • Ramdisk is working
    • Dolby atmos is working

Known issues

• VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • You tell me
    LOS 18.1 for our S10 device? SELinux enforcing? FBE? Open-source device tree? Where can I donate for this awesome work?

Official support for the s10 and note 10 family is coming soon! thanks linux4