[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RAMDISK][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

exaveal

Aug 10, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10e
This is the right order:
  1. Flash lineage-18.1-20210415-recovery-beyond0lte.img and vbmeta.img
  2. Boot Recovery
  3. Factory reset using Factory reset in Recovery -> Format data/factory reset
  4. adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210415-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte
  5. adb sideload Magisk-v22.0.apk
  6. Boot to LineageOS and finish Installation of Magisk
  7. Boot Recovery
  8. adb sideload spoof_s10e.zip to enable signature spoofing (or install via Magisk)
  9. adb sideload Nanodroid for MicroG
  10. Boot to LineageOS

minilandl

Mar 1, 2017
Perth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Moto G 2015
Thank you for making this amazing rom for our device lineage support is the reason I purchased this phone without it I wouldn't have so I may donate some money your way. Thanks and its much more stable than other roms available. Stock android on samsung hardware is something I've been interested to try for ages and it fixes most of my issue with the galaxy S series the ****ty bloated software.

Reactions: hornedfiend

flortsch

Sep 10, 2014
Linz, Austria
florian-latifi.at
whats the best way to backup because lineage recovery dosen't allow this would adb backup work ?
There are multiple ways to backup (adb, Seedvault, OAndBackupX), but you have to try them out if they work for your use-case, because these user-land backup solutions don't perform as well as raw disk backups via TWRP. For example, some banking apps force reconfiguration even after user data has been restored.

For me personally, OAndBackupX worked best from all the options. Note that it requires root, i.e., Magisk. But also here, some apps (like Fennec browser from F-Droid) just crashed after restore, so test it for your use-case.

Last edited:

gaglia83

May 7, 2017
Thank you @Linux4 for this great work, I just installed and works like a charm.

One problem though: disk encryption.

I'm entering a rabbit hole of encryption on Android now. I was not aware that Android 10+ enforces FBE (File-Based Encryption) as opposite as FDE (Full-Disk Encryption). I never realized it because this is not the case on older devices, even if on Android 11, that probably do not have storage and power to support FBE and therefore fallback to FDE, and I was using an older phone before. From what I read, I think FBE looks like a really bad idea that sacrifices user's control on data privacy in exchange for silly amenities such as being able to use the phone as an alarm or for emergency calls even if powered off and rebooted by an unauthorized person.

The build in this thread adopts FBE natively, in fact my beyond0lte came out already encrypted just by installing the ROM (I found no way of disabling it). And this is, I'm sure, also the core reason why you cannot use TWRP with this build. But, most critically, the problem is that native FBE does not seem to allow to have two different passwords, one to insert only one time when the phone boots up, and one (like a PIN or fingerprint) to unlock the screen. This is a very desirable security feature that, I suspect, is not in the best interest of Google&friends to let you have.

Now, I have questions:

1) would it be possible to have this build without FBE enabled? So that if you want it you need to go in Settings -> Security and enable it yourself?

2) Is it possible to undo FDE on this build? Clearly not from the UI, but maybe with a rooted terminal, e.g., Magisk + Termux?

3) A bit off-topic but... If necessary to use FBE, is it at least possible to disable Direct Boot and have two different passwords, one to insert only one time when the phone boots up, and one (like a PIN or fingerprint) to unlock the screen? See this for refrence: http://www.gagliardoni.net/#android_dual_cryptfs_dec_2020

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Thank you @Linux4 for this great work, I just installed and works like a charm.

One problem though: disk encryption.

I'm entering a rabbit hole of encryption on Android now. I was not aware that Android 10+ enforces FBE (File-Based Encryption) as opposite as FDE (Full-Disk Encryption). I never realized it because this is not the case on older devices, even if on Android 11, that probably do not have storage and power to support FBE and therefore fallback to FDE, and I was using an older phone before. From what I read, I think FBE looks like a really bad idea that sacrifices user's control on data privacy in exchange for silly amenities such as being able to use the phone as an alarm or for emergency calls even if powered off and rebooted by an unauthorized person.

The build in this thread adopts FBE natively, in fact my beyond0lte came out already encrypted just by installing the ROM (I found no way of disabling it). And this is, I'm sure, also the core reason why you cannot use TWRP with this build. But, most critically, the problem is that native FBE does not seem to allow to have two different passwords, one to insert only one time when the phone boots up, and one (like a PIN or fingerprint) to unlock the screen. This is a very desirable security feature that, I suspect, is not in the best interest of Google&friends to let you have.

Now, I have questions:

1) would it be possible to have this build without FBE enabled? So that if you want it you need to go in Settings -> Security and enable it yourself?

2) Is it possible to undo FDE on this build? Clearly not from the UI, but maybe with a rooted terminal, e.g., Magisk + Termux?

3) A bit off-topic but... If necessary to use FBE, is it at least possible to disable Direct Boot and have two different passwords, one to insert only one time when the phone boots up, and one (like a PIN or fingerprint) to unlock the screen? See this for refrence: http://www.gagliardoni.net/#android_dual_cryptfs_dec_2020

1) No, due to how FBE works it needs to be enabled by default and cannot be enabled by the user later
2) Very unlikely, even if you'd disable FBE and encrypt via settings (which is for FDE) it will probably fail.
3) Not that I know of, sorry

gaglia83

May 7, 2017
1) No, due to how FBE works it needs to be enabled by default and cannot be enabled by the user later
Thank you for the reply. I know of another LOS 18 build for beyondXlte devices on this community that does come with FBE *not* enabled. That is not really good though, because for some reason also the FDE doesn't work, so it leaves the phone completely unencrypted.

This leads me to think that it is in theory possible to build the ROM *without* FBE enabled by default. The question is whether the alternative is no encryption at all, or the lack of FDE in the other build is fixable.

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Thank you for the reply. I know of another LOS 18 build for beyondXlte devices on this community that does come with FBE *not* enabled. That is not really good though, because for some reason also the FDE doesn't work, so it leaves the phone completely unencrypted.

This leads me to think that it is in theory possible to build the ROM *without* FBE enabled by default. The question is whether the alternative is no encryption at all, or the lack of FDE in the other build is fixable.

You can build without, but good luck getting FDE to work on this ...
It's deprecated and not meant to be used on new devices so I won't support it

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I managed to patch the system in order to enable signature spoofing for MicroG by following this guide. Here is a zip file I created for my s10e with a patched services.jar one must flash via Magisk.

This service.jar: Is is under change - so need to be recreated with each update? Or only if major version is changing? How individually is this (s10, s10e, ...?)

Last edited:

hornedfiend

Aug 24, 2010
Bucharest
I'm having problems with phone app. For some reason receiving calls it not showing any UI, even after installing and switching to other phone apps like Aurora or Koler. Looks like it's a deep sleep issue.
Anyone else having this issue?

El Dun

Jul 3, 2014
Hi, I have a question about this ROM and sadly at current no time to try this out on my own.
Does this ROM support High-Res over USB-C and do (DJI) drones work with it?
I'm asking because I have this problem with Ivans Lineage OS version:
Hi, thanks for maintaining this ROM.
after I saw in changelog you fixed USB-C audio I tried it out, but for me, High-Res audio over USB-C is still not working, basically I have the same problem I posted last year:

I've also tested using my DJI drone with this ROM and did not get it working, while the usual warning message appears if the app is allowed to access USB, after that nothing happens. It's 100% working on stock and I did the same procedure with this ROM, also I've tried troubleshooting but couldn't get any further.
It is quite interesting that I only found this problems with AOSP ROMs, but not with stock ones, so do other (Qualcomm-based) devices have those problems with AOSP ROMs too?

flortsch

Sep 10, 2014
Linz, Austria
florian-latifi.at
This service.jar: Is is under change - so need to be recreated with each update? Or only if major version is changing? How individually is this (s10, s10e, ...?)
Not an expert here and someone correct me if I am wrong, but as I can see, the services.jar is part of Android and therefore not device specific. So it should be sufficient to update it only when bigger changes happen to underlying Android/LOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos9820-dev
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    Requirements:
    • Any Q or R based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Bixby and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    As this ROM has a working ramdisk sideloading the magisk apk is enough, just as it is
    on every other device, no bootimage with magisk included or installing to recovery is needed!
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel
    • All cameras are working
    • Ramdisk is working
    • Dolby atmos is working

Known issues

• VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • You tell me
    LOS 18.1 for our S10 device? SELinux enforcing? FBE? Open-source device tree? Where can I donate for this awesome work?

Official support for the s10 and note 10 family is coming soon! thanks linux4