Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][raven/oriole/bluejay] LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 6 Pro/6/6a

Search This thread

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Perfect ROM !!!! 😍😍😍
The only bug found is when you putt greyscale or invert color you have to reboot to revert back on normal screen colors 😍😍😍😍
After greyscale or invert color enable night screen mode ! Its will back to normal screen without reboot , same as you in my pixel 6 ( oriole ) I found only that for now in issue ( usable for daily use ) .

Reactions: Guigui311402

neelchauhan

I have some good news: I can pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity using Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko on oriole. For some reason, the ROM fingerprint is exactly the same as stock, which is a big plus.

To add, new builds for oriole are uploaded, raven and bluejay will come shortly.

UPDATE: raven builds are also uploaded.

UPDATE 2: bluejay builds are uploaded too!

Last edited:

w_tapper

I have some good news: I can pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity using Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko on oriole. For some reason, the ROM fingerprint is exactly the same as stock, which is a big plus.

To add, new builds for oriole are uploaded, raven and bluejay will come shortly.

does gpay work

Reactions: ada12

neelchauhan

While I didn't test a Pixel 6 with GPay on this ROM, my Pixel 7 build is in a similar situation: it's easy to pass Play Integrity.

On the said P7 build, GPay works fine with Magisk, Displax SafetyNet Fix, and Shamiko.

I didn't test the P6 since I daily drive a P7, but GPay probably will work on the P6 series too.

Reactions: w_tapper

w_tapper

While I didn't test a Pixel 6 with GPay on this ROM, my Pixel 7 build is in a similar situation: it's easy to pass Play Integrity.

On the said P7 build, GPay works fine with Magisk, Displax SafetyNet Fix, and Shamiko.

I didn't test the P6 since I daily drive a P7, but GPay probably will work on the P6 series too.
ahh, tried lineageos with the displax safetynet and magisk without shamiko and gpay didnt work so i switched to ricedroid, may go back soon and try it with shamiko

neelchauhan

ahh, tried lineageos with the displax safetynet and magisk without shamiko and gpay didnt work so i switched to ricedroid, may go back soon and try it with shamiko
You will need Shamiko (or DenyList) if you want to use GPay. I didn't test DenyList but did test Shamiko on a Pixel 7 with working GPay. The situation is pretty similar on the 6, since the ROM fingerprint is literally the same as stock.

I recommend Shamiko mainly since it's a better hiding module than DenyList. For instance, Chase's app detects DenyList but doesn't detect Shamiko.

Reactions: dwxvi and w_tapper

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015

I literally just got paid yesterday and I'm not going to lie I might trade my Pixel 6 pro in and get a Black Friday deal on a Pixel 7 pro.

neelchauhan

my parents won't let me get a new phone for the next 5 years lmao
I remember using a Samsung S3 for 2.5 years, 1.5 of those running CM11. Loved it to death, back when family finances were tight (my dad had a million-dollar job but he never really spent anything for us until a divorce).

Now I'm more-or-less on a yearly upgrade cycle. And considering what's happening to OnePlus, I'm basically tied to the Pixel line now lmao.

Back in the day even Samsung had custom ROMs, and now OnePlus has none on their latest device. Custom ROMs are basically going back to being super niche.

i42o

my parents won't let me get a new phone for the next 5 years lmao
PIXEL 6 pro has updates for years... I know I shouldn't upgrade to the 7 pro but for 200 bucks why not... I never had any issues with my ⁶ pro like most people, but then again I never not once took an OTA. .. my 6 PRO is working great. I'm typing from it now ... And I love this phone . I'm hard of sight so I hope the brighter screen helps me in my overall routine. ...

Twilightsparklez

Oct 9, 2022
I don't plzn on upgrading my 6a for yearsl if it is kept alive by the community at lineage and others i should be able to keep it for hopefully 7 or more. The nexus 7 survived forever in the community

w_tapper

I remember using a Samsung S3 for 2.5 years, 1.5 of those running CM11. Loved it to death, back when family finances were tight (my dad had a million-dollar job but he never really spent anything for us until a divorce).

Now I'm more-or-less on a yearly upgrade cycle. And considering what's happening to OnePlus, I'm basically tied to the Pixel line now lmao.

Back in the day even Samsung had custom ROMs, and now OnePlus has none on their latest device. Custom ROMs are basically going back to being super niche.
I just hope they don't die off

• Love
Reactions: neelchauhan

TULOA

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I just hope they don't die off
Same.

I miss my Epic 4G Touch that had CM on it.

The theme engine on that was great. I am a little upset that Google is taking all the customization away for the security required to get government contracts or whatever their reason is and catering to people that probably shouldnt have a phone to begin with.

In short I miss being able to truly fully customize the phone and keep all the features like we could back in lolipop.

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
I don't know if this is an issue in this build or if this is going to be an issue in lineage regardless. But I noticed that people were calling me from work and leaving voicemails but I never got any voicemails until I installed rice droid. I also noticed that in the lineage build I installed two separate dialers and there was no option for voicemails.

neelchauhan

I don't know if this is an issue in this build or if this is going to be an issue in lineage regardless. But I noticed that people were calling me from work and leaving voicemails but I never got any voicemails until I installed rice droid. I also noticed that in the lineage build I installed two separate dialers and there was no option for voicemails.
I had this issue too, but there's a fix.

One thing you can do is:
  1. Flash stock
  2. lock the bootloader
  3. unlock the bootloader again (you can do "fastboot flashing unlock" right after "fastboot flashing lock")
  4. Flash LOS again
I believe some partitions have gotten corrupted by prior botched LOS builds, but relocking and unlocking the bootloader usually fixes this since it clears the corrupted partitions.

Reactions: pmduper

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
I had this issue too, but there's a fix.

One thing you can do is:
  1. Flash stock
  2. lock the bootloader
  3. unlock the bootloader again (you can do "fastboot flashing unlock" right after "fastboot flashing lock")
  4. Flash LOS again
I believe some partitions have gotten corrupted by prior botched LOS builds, but relocking and unlocking the bootloader usually fixes this since it clears the corrupted partitions.
I didnt go back to stock i went to rice droid and then had voicemail. probably will go back to to stock and test. i needed it for work.

Reactions: neelchauhan

aa84

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for great rom!

For some reason myaccount.google.com/device-activity/ thinks I'm using Huawei Nexus 6P and play store says I'm offline. (I installed MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20221025_100653.zip, Displax SafetyNet Fix, and Shamiko) YASNAC says I pass safetynet and my device is bluejay. Clearing all google apps storage and removing/readding my google account didnt work. I was on TP1A.220905.004.A2 stock rom before installing, would flashing TP1A.221105.002 help?

Last edited:

neelchauhan

Thanks for great rom!

For some reason myaccount.google.com/device-activity/ thinks I'm using Huawei Nexus 6P and play store says I'm offline. (I installed MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20221025_100653.zip, Displax SafetyNet Fix, and Shamiko) YASNAC says I pass safetynet and my device is bluejay. Clearing all google apps storage and removing/readding my google account didnt work. I was on TP1A.220905.004.A2 stock rom before installing, would flashing TP1A.221105.002 help?
This is because of Displax SafetyNet Fix. This is deliberate.

The reason why it shows a Nexus 6P is because of hardware backed attestation. The 6P lacks it, but bluejay/6a has it. We have to pretend to be a device without it (in this case the 6P), otherwise you can't pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity and then will say goodbye to GPay and all these goodies.

If you want it to show a 6a, you certainly won't pass SafetyNet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    b99f5a1c489fc91d2a2057f5f1beaa47.jpg

LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 6 Pro (raven), Pixel 6 (oriole), and Pixel 6a (bluejay).

Known issues:
    • NOTE: This is an early-stage build, and may not be the most stable. It's more stable than it was when I starting building.
    • The status bar is mis-aligned to the left by a few pixels, but this does not cause any usability issues, fortunately.
    • If you have issues receiving calls (i.e. calls go to voicemail often), flash stock, lock the bootloader, unlock it, and then flash my ROM. Relocking and unlocking usually fixes a corrupted baseband.
    • If you wish to pass SafetyNet, you may need MagiskHidePropsConfig with a stock fingerprint for your device. MHPC has the raven/oriole 12 (not 12L/13) fingerprints which may or may not work. Read updated section below
    • You tell me.
    Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity:

As an update, for some reason, this ROM only needs the Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko (or DenyList) on top of Magisk in order to pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity, which is a nice bonus. While I daily drive a Pixel 7 (running my P7 Lineage build), Netflix shows in the Play Store with DSNF/Shamiko on oriole.

Flashing instructions:

1. Be sure you're on the latest stock 13 and have an unlocked bootloader. You may also be able to flash from GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, or another ROM.
    2. Go into fastboot mode (turn off phone and then Power + Volume down)
    3. Make sure you have the adb/fastboot tools
    4. Run fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    5. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    6. Boot into recovery
    7. Press Factory Reset and confirm
    8. Go to Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    9. Run adb sideload LOS_BUILD (Replace LOS_BUILD with your LOS ZIP file)
    10. To add GApps, go to Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    11. Run adb sideload GAPPS_BUILD (Replace GAPPS_BUILD with your GApps ZIP file, repeat this step if you want Magisk)
    12. Press Reboot System Now

Download:
    Pixel 6 Pro (raven)
    Pixel 6 (oriole)
    Pixel 6a (bluejay)
    MindTheGApps

Sources:
    Kernel
    Device trees
    Vendor
    B
    hasn't been fully signed off to be official so it's just waiting (or at least that's what I think it is)
    Release official in candidate build is available for pixel 6a ( bluejay ) . We can expect for oriole & raven soon also.

I have some good news. I am still here, and am building ROMs. I was busy since I was setting up a side business (unrelated to Android, another hobby of mine) and couldn't deal with ROM building.

I have a new build for oriole uploaded, and will have raven and bluejay builds shortly (I also plan to make a Pixel 7/7 Pro LOS build in another thread),

The ROM is incredibly more stable now, with many LOS changes in the past few weeks made a huge difference.

UPDATE 2: bluejay builds are uploaded too!
    ChangeLog:

2022/11/18:
    • Yet again, new builds.
    • Update SafetyNet/Play Integrity section, apparently it's super easy to pass this check with my ROM, and I did nothing.

2022/11/10:
    • Long time, no see. I have a new build for oriole. Will upload raven and bluejay shortly. UPDATE: raven and bluejay are also uploaded.
    • A lot of stability issues are fixed, at least on oriole. Mainline LOS has made huge differences.
    • It should be usable as a daily driver, although I daily drive a Pixel 7 (which I will also build for, in another thread).

2022/10/23:

• Okay, sorry for flip flopping, this ROM is not discontinued. The main reboot issue is gone. If you have issues coming from stock, try flashing GrapheneOS and then this LOS build.
    • New builds for oriole, raven and bluejay.
    • I am discontinuing this ROM, a lot of people had issues, so I decided to not continue public builds further. When LOS becomes more stable on raviole/bluejay, I may restart builds unless LOS becomes official by then.

2022/10/20:
    • New build, yay!

2022/10/14:
    • Rebuilt for bluejay/oriole/raven on a fresh tree. Some people have reported issues on the 20221013 build. If you had issues try my new 20221014 build. If you still have issues, I will probably "discontinue" this build.

2022/10/13:

• Re-built, mainly for Pixel 6 Pro (raven) flashing issues)
    • Move from AFH to self-hosted mirror. AFH sucks, but I fortunately have symmetrical Gigabit at home.

2022/10/12:

• Initial build