Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][raven/oriole/bluejay] LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 6 Pro/6/6a

Search This thread
Jan 4, 2023
I was going to say I looked up I didn't see anything on the official pixel 1 telegram where they usually post their stuff
the merge into wiki and hudson is actually abandoned:

as far as i understand, for the team these devices aren't a priority.
some days ago a read a thread on lineage subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/107t5hz
here are some interesting quotes:
haggertk said:
Slightly more productive answer, the trees have been ready for months, were just running into issues signing these devices. If/when we get that figured out the devices should ship.
One could make their own builds from our trees and have everything work fine if they used test keys, or likely even in-tree dev keys.
haggertk said:
This is very specific to out of tree signing through our infra. Realistically, it hasn't been terribly high priority as compared to shipping the rest of our roster.

i asked on their irc what's the meaning of signing and if i could help somehow... and they gently replied me: "since you're an outsider, it's not something you need to care about".

it's really sad but, i guess, "signing is as signing does".

Reactions: w_tapper and kurtn

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
the merge into wiki and hudson is actually abandoned:

as far as i understand, for the team these devices aren't a priority.
some days ago a read a thread on lineage subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/107t5hz
here are some interesting quotes:

i asked on their irc what's the meaning of signing and if i could help somehow... and they gently replied me: "since you're an outsider, it's not something you need to care about".

it's really sad but, i guess, "signing is as signing does".
That's one of the reasons why I left their discord they're so rude to anyone just asking simple questions. I mean sure obviously we're not in their inner circle but I mean to try and become a maintainer and using up our precious resources wouldn't be that big of an issue or at least it shouldn't be

Killianti

Apr 21, 2021
Is there a process for updating from an early build to a late build that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Hmz27

Dec 28, 2016
Google Pixel 6
It's strange, there was a pull request to mark Pixel 6 & 7 as supported and then it was scrapped on the last minute. Does that mean there won't be a build based on the final new years version that was released? :/

Even in the git comments it seemed like all was working well but not much explanation on why they decided to leave it. Is it the Tensor SoC?

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
It's strange, there was a pull request to mark Pixel 6 & 7 as supported and then it was scrapped on the last minute. Does that mean there won't be a build based on the final new years version that was released? :/

Even in the git comments it seemed like all was working well but not much explanation on why they decided to leave it. Is it the Tensor SoC?
According to one of the comments above stated the build can be done with test keys but they can't be done with official signed keys which I know nothing about so if someone wanted to build an unofficial build we could get unofficial again.

quirkyjoe

Dec 5, 2019
Just for clarity, the comment Twiggy000b refers to is in this reddit thread (posted originally by philosoraptor7):

Reddit Thread

As far as I know, this is the only official word on the delay.

Edit:
Just collecting information here now.

The other item people are referring to is this wiki update merge that was "abandoned" (also posted by philosoraptor7).
It was supposed to "Import Pixel 6 family devices", and seemed to be progressing with no issues, but its status was changed to Abandoned sometime around 2023-01-16.
The final comment on it is this:
1674571728772.png

(As far as I know) the latest experimental build for Oriole / Pixel 6 can be found here (2023-01-25):
https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/exp/oriole/
And for Raven / Pixel Pro here (2023-01-24):
https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/exp/raven/

Bluejay has an official (signed!) build here (thanks again philosoraptor7) (2023-01-03):
https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/full/bluejay/

Last edited:

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
Yeah I went to flash it because I'm a flash happy person and couldn't get gapps that and it was like 10:00 p.m. I needed a working phone for an alarm

Reactions: w_tapper

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
Bro that's bs. I was on the telegram channel and someone had said that it was going to be a while for lineage and I was like okay but I see people still adding fingerprints and February updates and stuff like that and then someone had said what does that have to do with signing I tried to respond back and I got banned. But hey at least the official now!

Edit: the recovery on the page doesnt work booting into recovery. Use the Vendor_boot.img from here

Last edited:
Reactions: w_tapper

w_tapper

you have to flash boot and dtbo images first
Bro that's bs. I was on the telegram channel and someone had said that it was going to be a while for lineage and I was like okay but I see people still adding fingerprints and February updates and stuff like that and then someone had said what does that have to do with signing I tried to respond back and I got banned. But hey at least the official now!

Edit: the recovery on the page doesnt work booting into recovery. Use the Vendor_boot.img from here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    searching esim in settings doesn't return with anything

Woaw, I was thinking about moving to this ROM but this is a major turn down...
    Did you install a Google Apps package ?
    I know that the code that make the eSIM usable is a Google one and even in GrapheneOS you need to activate the Google Services and Framework to use eSIM.

If you already added eSIM in stock should be available to use without any change.
    With MindTheGapps flashed you should be able to add eSIMs and manage them in SIM manager menu (search for sim instead of esim).
    After the latest OTA update, I'm passing device and basic integrity. I'm not meeting strong integrity, but I don't need it.
    Sorry for the mistake 😥 just use Magisk canary as Lygisk won't retain root either.
    b99f5a1c489fc91d2a2057f5f1beaa47.jpg

LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 6 Pro (raven), Pixel 6 (oriole), and Pixel 6a (bluejay).

Known issues:
    • NOTE: This is an early-stage build, and may not be the most stable. It's more stable than it was when I starting building.
    • The status bar is mis-aligned to the left by a few pixels, but this does not cause any usability issues, fortunately.
    • If you have issues receiving calls (i.e. calls go to voicemail often), flash stock, lock the bootloader, unlock it, and then flash my ROM. Relocking and unlocking usually fixes a corrupted baseband.
    • If you wish to pass SafetyNet, you may need MagiskHidePropsConfig with a stock fingerprint for your device. MHPC has the raven/oriole 12 (not 12L/13) fingerprints which may or may not work. Read updated section below
    • You tell me.
    Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity:

As an update, for some reason, this ROM only needs the Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko (or DenyList) on top of Magisk in order to pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity, which is a nice bonus. While I daily drive a Pixel 7 (running my P7 Lineage build), Netflix shows in the Play Store with DSNF/Shamiko on oriole.

Flashing instructions:

1. Be sure you're on the latest stock 13 and have an unlocked bootloader. You may also be able to flash from GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, or another ROM.
    2. Go into fastboot mode (turn off phone and then Power + Volume down)
    3. Make sure you have the adb/fastboot tools
    4. Run fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    5. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    6. Boot into recovery
    7. Press Factory Reset and confirm
    8. Go to Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    9. Run adb sideload LOS_BUILD (Replace LOS_BUILD with your LOS ZIP file)
    10. To add GApps, go to Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    11. Run adb sideload GAPPS_BUILD (Replace GAPPS_BUILD with your GApps ZIP file, repeat this step if you want Magisk)
    12. Press Reboot System Now

Download:
    Pixel 6 Pro (raven)
    Pixel 6 (oriole)
    Pixel 6a (bluejay)
    MindTheGApps

Sources:
    Kernel
    Device trees
    Vendor
    I have some good news. I am still here, and am building ROMs. I was busy since I was setting up a side business (unrelated to Android, another hobby of mine) and couldn't deal with ROM building.

I have a new build for oriole uploaded, and will have raven and bluejay builds shortly (I also plan to make a Pixel 7/7 Pro LOS build in another thread),

The ROM is incredibly more stable now, with many LOS changes in the past few weeks made a huge difference.
    B
    hasn't been fully signed off to be official so it's just waiting (or at least that's what I think it is)
    Release official in candidate build is available for pixel 6a ( bluejay ) . We can expect for oriole & raven soon also.

I have some good news: I can pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity using Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko on oriole. For some reason, the ROM fingerprint is exactly the same as stock, which is a big plus.

To add, new builds for oriole are uploaded, raven and bluejay will come shortly.

UPDATE: raven builds are also uploaded.

UPDATE 2: bluejay builds are uploaded too!
    A new experimental build got released for 1/24 that means they still working on official :D

https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/exp/raven/