Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][raven/oriole][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19.1 for the Pixel 6 Pro/Pixel 6

Search This thread

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS 19.1 for the Pixel 6 Pro (raven) and Pixel 6 (oriole).

While there is another build of LineageOS 19.1 on XDA for the P6P, it is unstable and has issues with incoming calls on T-Mobile US, so I built my own Lineage image which fortunately runs far better (sorry to brag, I don't mean to put down others).

Known issues:

• Touch and hold does not work on screen edges of Pixel 6 Pro/raven, at least for me. This is a software issue, as other ROMs (stock and custom) work fine with touch-and-hold. I do not know if Pixel 6/oriole is affected, since I do not own one (anymore). UPDATE: The 20220808 build does not have this issue, yay!
  • Incoming calls with a T-Mobile US SIM coming from an iPhone on the same account and carrier may not work. If you have this issue, download the T-Mobile DIGITS app and enable it for your SIM line, this makes calls work (albeit by routing it over the internet versus VoLTE). This is not an issue with the ROM but rather my old P6P's modem, so crossing out.
  • Flashing via 'adb sideload' can be unreliable based on system. It could be your cable, but if not, it can also be some USB controllers play poorly with the Tensor SoC. My work laptop works well with flashing raviole on W11, but not my newer personal laptop on both W11 and Linux. If Windows/Mac/BSD doesn't work, try Linux via a USB and vice versa, or an older PC (or different Linux distro via LiveUSB) if you can use one.

Install instructions:

Note: You need to be on the latest Android 12 firmware for your device before flashing this ROM.
  1. Install the Android Platform Tools and Google USB Drivers if on Windows
  2. Download your device's boot.img, vendor_boot.img and Lineage ZIP
  3. In a terminal/command prompt, type in "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
  4. In a terminal/command prompt, type in "fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img"
  5. Boot the recovery
  6. Navigate to "Factory Reset" -> "Format data/Factory reset"
  7. Navigate to the "Apply Update" -> "Apply from ADB"
  8. In a terminal/command prompt, type in "adb sideload NAME_OF_LINEAGE_ZIP" (rename the bold part with the Lineage ZIP)
  9. (Optional) If you want GApps and Magisk, navigate to "Advanced" -> "Reboot to recovery"
  10. (Optional) Navigate to the "Apply Update" -> "Apply from ADB"
  11. (Optional) In a terminal/command prompt, type in "adb sideload NAME_OF_ADDON_ZIP" (rename the bold part with the GApps/Magisk ZIP)
  12. (Optional) Repeat steps 10 & 11 for each addon ZIP you want to flash
  13. Go to "Reboot System Now"

Note: You need to flash both boot.img and vendor_boot.img from my image, otherwise your device won't be able to access recovery. These are provided in the AFH download.

Note about updates: You need to flash GApps when you update (if you installed it before first boot), and Magisk if used.

Download:

Pixel 6 Pro (raven)
Pixel 6 (oriole)

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_raviole (although this build uses a prebuilt kernel).

NOTE: This ROM is discontinued. I have an Android 13/LOS 20 build here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...eos-19-1-for-the-pixel-6-pro-pixel-6.4475257/
This new build also supports the 6a.

Last edited:

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
ChangeLog:

9/5/2022:
  • I am no longer working on this ROM. Later Lineage builds don't boot even recovery on both raven and oriole. I am currently using stock A13.
  • If you want to flash this ROM and are using A13, flash the developer support build first and then flash thig.
  • I also "downgraded" to oriole, since raven was too big for my tastes.

8/8/2022:
  • Update to the LOS 8/8/2022 build for raven/oriole
  • While still unofficial, replace custom patches with now-committed LineageOS equivalents for GApps/cellular
  • Fix the touch-and-hold issue with the Pixel 6 Pro, along with other stability issues
8/1/2022:
  • Initial unofficial LineageOS 19.1 build for raven/oriole
  • Based on custom patches to enable GApps installation and cellular

Last edited:

i42o

So far so good. Definitely a better build than others available I installed the boot image as well as the vendor boot image and installed it seemed to have hanged for a little bit but give it time and patience and it will flash correctly reboot to bootloader and boot magisk patched boot image ( use the one provided , and patch via magisk before you actually flash ROM ) boot up, install magisk directly reboot, and flash bit gapps ( they are less intrusive than most gap packages ) works equally the same as regular gaps . Highly recommend. What won't work is ok Google and other Google proprietary apps...

• Love
Reactions: neelchauhan

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
So far so good. Definitely a better build than others available I installed the boot image as well as the vendor boot image and installed it seemed to have hanged for a little bit but give it time and patience and it will flash correctly reboot to bootloader and boot magisk patched boot image ( use the one provided , and patch via magisk before you actually flash ROM ) boot up, install magisk directly reboot, and flash bit gapps ( they are less intrusive than most gap packages ) works equally the same as regular gaps . Highly recommend. What won't work is ok Google and other Google proprietary apps...
Thanks for the kind words!

I am using MindTheGApps recommended by Lineage, and got many Google proprietary apps, even Google Pay working (provided I use Magisk), so probably is a BiTGApps problem. I also installed Magisk via the ZIP flash, but there's no one right way to install.

Not judging you, but I'm betting BiTGApps has some Google apps not working since it excludes many non-essential components. I'm no expert on GApps packages, sorry.

i42o

Thanks for the kind words!

I am using MindTheGApps recommended by Lineage, and got many Google proprietary apps, even Google Pay working (provided I use Magisk), so probably is a BiTGApps problem. I also installed Magisk via the ZIP flash, but there's no one right way to install.

Not judging you, but I'm betting BiTGApps has some Google apps not working since it excludes many non-essential components. I'm no expert on GApps packages, sorry.
No, you're absolutely right. Battery life is thanking me though. I'll run this for a day and night mind the gapps later. Can you dm me your gapps link please

i42o

I don't know if it is the app locker you are looking for, but try:
  1. Tap and hold anywhere on the screen except the edges
  2. Press Home Settings
  3. Press Hidden & Protected apps
  4. Use your fingerprint/pin ID if necessary (as was for me)
  5. You should be in the protected apps section
Thank you. Found it

FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO FLASH A CUSTOM ROM THAT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE IT'S JUST LIKE STOCK VERY OPTIMIZED GREAT BATTERY LIFE USEFUL FEATURES MINIMALISTIC APPROACH TO AOSP I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TRY THIS OPERATING SYSTEM IT IS THE BOMB.COM I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT FORKS AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THIS IS THE SMOOTHEST THE MOST BATTERY FRIENDLY AND MINIMALISTIC ROM THAT I HAVE USED SINCE I FLASHED A CUSTOM OS ON MY PHONE AGAIN MINIMALISTIC APPROACH GREAT BATTERY LIFE USEFUL FEATURES AND IS BUILT VERY VERY SOLID UNLIKE OTHER BUILT OUT THERE

• Love
Reactions: neelchauhan

i42o

Plz add step by step install method... Some beginners will be very appreciated :)
To install,

Flash both boot.img and vendor_boot.img in fastboot

fastboot flash boot (boot.img location)
fastboot flash vendor_boot (vendor_boot.img location)

Reboot bootloader >> recovery mode >> apply update >> apply update adb ( sideload )

Once recovery is set for adb update you're going to go on command line and type

adb sideload ( lineage19.zip ) .... Wait until process reaches 47% and from there wait until process is complete ( usually within 5 minutes )

Reboot to recovery >> update >> adb sideload >> flash mind the gapps package >> reboot .

Done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS 19.1 for the Pixel 6 Pro (raven) and Pixel 6 (oriole).

While there is another build of LineageOS 19.1 on XDA for the P6P, it is unstable and has issues with incoming calls on T-Mobile US, so I built my own Lineage image which fortunately runs far better (sorry to brag, I don't mean to put down others).

Known issues:

• Touch and hold does not work on screen edges of Pixel 6 Pro/raven, at least for me. This is a software issue, as other ROMs (stock and custom) work fine with touch-and-hold. I do not know if Pixel 6/oriole is affected, since I do not own one (anymore). UPDATE: The 20220808 build does not have this issue, yay!
    • Incoming calls with a T-Mobile US SIM coming from an iPhone on the same account and carrier may not work. If you have this issue, download the T-Mobile DIGITS app and enable it for your SIM line, this makes calls work (albeit by routing it over the internet versus VoLTE). This is not an issue with the ROM but rather my old P6P's modem, so crossing out.
    • Flashing via 'adb sideload' can be unreliable based on system. It could be your cable, but if not, it can also be some USB controllers play poorly with the Tensor SoC. My work laptop works well with flashing raviole on W11, but not my newer personal laptop on both W11 and Linux. If Windows/Mac/BSD doesn't work, try Linux via a USB and vice versa, or an older PC (or different Linux distro via LiveUSB) if you can use one.

Install instructions:

Note: You need to be on the latest Android 12 firmware for your device before flashing this ROM.
    1. Install the Android Platform Tools and Google USB Drivers if on Windows
    2. Download your device's boot.img, vendor_boot.img and Lineage ZIP
    3. In a terminal/command prompt, type in "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    4. In a terminal/command prompt, type in "fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img"
    5. Boot the recovery
    6. Navigate to "Factory Reset" -> "Format data/Factory reset"
    7. Navigate to the "Apply Update" -> "Apply from ADB"
    8. In a terminal/command prompt, type in "adb sideload NAME_OF_LINEAGE_ZIP" (rename the bold part with the Lineage ZIP)
    9. (Optional) If you want GApps and Magisk, navigate to "Advanced" -> "Reboot to recovery"
    10. (Optional) Navigate to the "Apply Update" -> "Apply from ADB"
    11. (Optional) In a terminal/command prompt, type in "adb sideload NAME_OF_ADDON_ZIP" (rename the bold part with the GApps/Magisk ZIP)
    12. (Optional) Repeat steps 10 & 11 for each addon ZIP you want to flash
    13. Go to "Reboot System Now"

Note: You need to flash both boot.img and vendor_boot.img from my image, otherwise your device won't be able to access recovery. These are provided in the AFH download.

Note about updates: You need to flash GApps when you update (if you installed it before first boot), and Magisk if used.

Download:

Pixel 6 Pro (raven)
    Pixel 6 (oriole)

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_raviole (although this build uses a prebuilt kernel).

NOTE: This ROM is discontinued. I have an Android 13/LOS 20 build here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...eos-19-1-for-the-pixel-6-pro-pixel-6.4475257/
    This new build also supports the 6a.
    ChangeLog:

9/5/2022:
    • I am no longer working on this ROM. Later Lineage builds don't boot even recovery on both raven and oriole. I am currently using stock A13.
    • If you want to flash this ROM and are using A13, flash the developer support build first and then flash thig.
    • I also "downgraded" to oriole, since raven was too big for my tastes.

8/8/2022:
    • Update to the LOS 8/8/2022 build for raven/oriole
    • While still unofficial, replace custom patches with now-committed LineageOS equivalents for GApps/cellular
    • Fix the touch-and-hold issue with the Pixel 6 Pro, along with other stability issues
    8/1/2022:
    • Initial unofficial LineageOS 19.1 build for raven/oriole
    • Based on custom patches to enable GApps installation and cellular
    Damn! There's a bunch of us coming from ProtonOS (as the dev is no longer supporting it), looking for an active P6P/Raven ROM, that doesn't include gapps. We know Graphene exists, but it's a bit too strict. This would've been perfect. Oh well, the search continues!
    You mean ProtonAOSP? I ran it on oriole and raven a while ago, but it seems dead. Not to invalidate other opinions, but I always preferred Lineage.

I however do have some good news: I am working on a LOS20 (Android 13) build for the Pixel 6/6 Pro and this time also the 6a. It will be released later today in a new thread.
    I have released a new build which fixes many of the issues we (or at least I) had earlier. If you are having issues, please flash my 20220808 build.

I have also added steps to install.

To flash, follow my steps 5-13 with the updated Lineage ZIP, along with GApps (use the same ZIP you used to install) and Magisk (use the latest APK/ZIP) if used.
    Plz add step by step install method... Some beginners will be very appreciated :)
    To install,

Flash both boot.img and vendor_boot.img in fastboot

fastboot flash boot (boot.img location)
    fastboot flash vendor_boot (vendor_boot.img location)

Reboot bootloader >> recovery mode >> apply update >> apply update adb ( sideload )

Once recovery is set for adb update you're going to go on command line and type

adb sideload ( lineage19.zip ) .... Wait until process reaches 47% and from there wait until process is complete ( usually within 5 minutes )

Reboot to recovery >> update >> adb sideload >> flash mind the gapps package >> reboot .

Done.