[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 18.1

farbeyondoverkill

Dec 13, 2017
Anyone have viper working on this?
There are 2 different ways that I was able to get V4A working on this ROM.
  1. Flash the attached zip via Magisk. This is v2.7.1.6 designed specifically for A11. Be aware that this will disable SELinux.
  2. Follow these steps:
    1. Flash Audio Modification Library module from Magisk Manager
    2. Reboot
    3. Flash the latest V4A module from Magisk Manager
    4. Reboot
    5. Open V4A app, grant root, let it install the driver and it will automatically reboot
    6. Open the V4A app and turn on Legacy Mode
    7. I got these steps from this post in the V4A thread. He says it shouldn't disable SELinux, but YMMV

Attachments

Reactions: kirschdog1

dallas87

Jan 20, 2021
I'm noob regarding android as I came from ios.
Installed lineageos, finally, after some days and I'm having a question
I saw on the first post that this rom still have some google services installed
Is it there a way to uninstall them (will this break the phone)?
Also ... is it microg is supported by default ? (as I don't want it at all... no aurora store, no play store, no google stores at all) ...

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
I'm noob regarding android as I came from ios.
Installed lineageos, finally, after some days and I'm having a question
I saw on the first post that this rom still have some google services installed
Is it there a way to uninstall them (will this break the phone)?
Also ... is it microg is supported by default ? (as I don't want it at all... no aurora store, no play store, no google stores at all) ...
Was a bad copy-paste. microg is not supposed supported.

Last edited:

anomith

Jan 19, 2021
Thank you for the ROM! Can confirm that it's working. On top of the ROM I've done the following (not explicitly supported by the ROM and not the default of the ROM)
  1. Rooted using Magisk (patching the boot.img, which needs to be done every update), as per topjohnwu's Github repo instructions
  2. Added NanoDroid's implementation of MicroG and friends (slimmed down from the default bloated installation) with no issues
Note that under the above set-up, apps that require some GMS implementation (e.g. WhatsApp) will work, but anything that checks SafetyNet will not (SafetyNet not passing is a MicroG bug that is marked WONTFIX because of Google's move towards hardware attestation that would defeat it anyway). Altogether a great solution for a de-Googled Google phone!

Thanks once again (and dropped a tip for both yourself and the fantastic LineageOS team)!

Reactions: aleasto

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
... but anything that checks SafetyNet will not (SafetyNet not passing is a MicroG bug that is marked WONTFIX because of Google's move towards hardware attestation that would defeat it anyway).
If you are interested in trying to get SafetyNet, give this a try:

kdragon from the Proton AOSP ROM came up with it and I've got it working for that ROM without having to alter Magisk Hide Props.

anomith

Jan 19, 2021
If you are interested in trying to get SafetyNet, give this a try:

kdragon from the Proton AOSP ROM came up with it and I've got it working for that ROM without having to alter Magisk Hide Props.
Thanks for the suggestion! I think that would work for someone running GApps (I previously got SafetyNet to pass with GApps and the aforementioned module). However, it does not work with microG. This is no loss - the banking apps that I use do not require passing SafetyNet.

Neuken6969

Sep 25, 2018
ok took the dive and flashed this .... how is anyone flashing gapps? and what gapps are you flashing? i tried gapps for android 11 Nikgapps and it failed.

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
Thank you for the ROM! Can confirm that it's working. On top of the ROM I've done the following (not explicitly supported by the ROM and not the default of the ROM)
  1. Rooted using Magisk (patching the boot.img, which needs to be done every update), as per topjohnwu's Github repo instructions
  2. Added NanoDroid's implementation of MicroG and friends (slimmed down from the default bloated installation) with no issues
Note that under the above set-up, apps that require some GMS implementation (e.g. WhatsApp) will work, but anything that checks SafetyNet will not (SafetyNet not passing is a MicroG bug that is marked WONTFIX because of Google's move towards hardware attestation that would defeat it anyway). Altogether a great solution for a de-Googled Google phone!

Thanks once again (and dropped a tip for both yourself and the fantastic LineageOS team)!
Hi, and thanks for posting. I'm thinking of purchasing a Pixel 5 and using this Rom with mocroG, just like you have done. One if my prerequisites is that it works with two sims. In the OP I read that the eSIM requires GApps; can you please advise if your eSIM works with microG installed? If yes, as a follow-on question, can you point me to where I can learn how to install "Nanodroid's implementation of microG and friends?" Cheers!

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Hi, and thanks for posting. I'm thinking of purchasing a Pixel 5 and using this Rom with mocroG, just like you have done. One if my prerequisites is that it works with two sims. In the OP I read that the eSIM requires GApps; can you please advise if your eSIM works with microG installed? If yes, as a follow-on question, can you point me to where I can learn how to install "Nanodroid's implementation of microG and friends?" Cheers!
I don't know and I don't know, sorry!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone